Moderator: ACOT Employee

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Layouts: 713

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Post by Rachel Kent »

Happy Small Business Saturday!
Let's take a trip down memory lane!

Were you around when we were known as Stickers Galore? Mom (Kristin) started it all out of a shoebox of stickers in the basement over 20 years ago. 

A few years later we moved into our first real building on Gratiot Rd. in Saginaw.

We kept expanding our products, so we moved two more times and are now in our warehouse on Midland Rd in Saginaw.
We didn't want to be known for only stickers since we started to carry more of a variety of craft supplies, so we changed our name to A Cherry On Top. Plus having a name that started with an "A" came first in the phone book! :) Since that was important back in the day lol.

From only selling stickers to selling all kinds of crafty things like yarn and paint, we came a long way! Mom was the heart and soul of this company, working night and day, but never really “working” since she loved it so much. We always joked that it was her 6th child 😆🥰 

Sadly we lost Mom in 2018 after a long and brave battle with cancer. Us five siblings are now owners and strive to carry on her legacy. Mom still inspires us every day, and we work hard to make her proud ❤️❤️

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1792

Re: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Thanks for sharing your amazing story! I remember when it was Stickers Galore, and have followed your journey as a devout cherry! Your Mother would be so proud of all of you!
Susan  Image    Image
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1278

Post by CarrieG »

i remember ordering back in the stickers galore days!
you all have come a long way--high five and hugs
sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 356

Post by sdwhru »

I don’t think I joined until after you had become ACOT.  
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1538

Post by emmapaige »

Awwww...such sweet memories.  I also think I didn't join until you were ACOT.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 346

Post by traveler »

Thanks for sharing this. I definitely ordered when it was stickers galore but didn’t join the community until recently.
Louise
Wide World of Scraps
Image Image Image

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1403

Post by Charleneanne »

I joined this community shortly after it was formed when you were Stickers Galore. And waay back then it was a thing to have @stick gal” meetups anyplace you went. I formed some wonderful long time friendships from this board and those meet ups.

We also had a few years of wonderful drama on here that was better than tv soap operas. We survived it all and thrived with ACOT. Wonderful community and still one of the very best places on the Internet to shop for SB supplies.

Thanks for being here and doing whatyou do !!
ImageCharleneanne
JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 440

Post by JAire »

This story is heartwarming! So glad you shared it.
ImageJoyce Ann
ImageImageImage
lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1312

Post by lissahope26 »

Great memories! Did y’all start another Instagram account? I got a request using y’all’s name and cherry design.
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3649

Post by Deanna13 »

Sweet memories! I've been here awhile, but I think since it's been ACOT. 💖
Image Image ImageImage
Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 318

Post by Vicki R. »

Beautiful story of this wonderful business!! I'm sure your mom is so proud of all of you.
  Image Image Image Image                                                                     He"artful" Validation of Vicki
1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 739

Post by 1scrappymom »

Also a Stickers Galore follower. Such a wonderful memory and journey you've all been on.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71
DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 295

Post by DN in MN »

I joined when it was Stickers Galore and just love your family story!  It warms my heart reading it every time... 
Image      Image

2021 ~ 10/75 Layouts       0/12 Cards

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 707

Post by blfonty »

I remember buying from Stickers Galore. Thanks for sharing ACOT's history and success! 
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee

Post by Rachel Kent »

Thank you all so much! Your support means a lot to us  💗 💗
Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee

Post by Rachel Kent »

lissahope26 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:07 pm
Great memories! Did y’all start another Instagram account? I got a request using y’all’s name and cherry design.

No we haven't started another Instagram account. That is a spam account which hopefully will be taken down soon. These spammers have too much time on their hands ha!
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 790

Post by pawprints »

I have also been a long time shopper, long before I joined the boards, and it could have very well been Stickers Galore at one point when dd and I used to shop for stickers. When I did join the boards it was 2008 and definitely ACOT by then.

I love this beautiful tribute and history and the wonderful pics. Your mom would be so proud of all of you. ACOT is STILL my cyber home and I personally support this small business all year round lol.

Image Image  Image  Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

Rachel_K wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:04 am
lissahope26 wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:07 pm

No we haven't started another Instagram account. That is a spam account which hopefully will be taken down soon. These spammers have too much time on their hands ha! 
I got that too and after reading it was spam I "unallowed" them in my account. Seriously what is wrong with people. Don't they have anything better to do. Thanks for letting us know it really isn't ACOT.

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

Charleneanne wrote:
Sat Nov 28, 2020 3:58 pm
I joined this community shortly after it was formed when you were Stickers Galore. And waay back then it was a thing to have @stick gal” meetups anyplace you went. I formed some wonderful long time friendships from this board and those meet ups.

We also had a few years of wonderful drama on here that was better than tv soap operas. We survived it all and thrived with ACOT. Wonderful community and still one of the very best places on the Internet to shop for SB supplies.

Thanks for being here and doing whatyou do !!

I remember the drama too. Ugh. But you are right we survived it and came back even stronger in my opinion. Our community is the best and shopping ACOT is the best!

sherriscraps
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 172

Post by sherriscraps »

wow.  I had no idea the history.  I remember stickers galore but did not know that it evolved into this.  cool. 
Retired, scrapping and happy!
Sherri 

Return to “Announcements”