Just a LOTW thought...

Featuring fantastic layouts by the community.

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1923

Just a LOTW thought...

Post by Art_Teacher »

As I am sending out the badges for the last 2 months LOTW (sorry, I am behind!), there are many selections that are gallery posters, but they are not message board posters.  While I seriously love seeing all the work in the gallery, sending out LOTW badges to people who have never made a message board post seems pointless.  I was just wondering what all of you think?  When I am choosing LOTW, I honestly won't choose somebody if I see that they have posted 20 layouts and have no message board posts. Often, these people are on creative teams that require them to post regular layouts, but they are not involving themselves in the community.  (Also, I often run into trouble trying to send them the badges, since they haven't apparently set up their message board accounts? )  One, in particular that has won many times is ElkFan, but those messages are still sitting in my outbox months later, for example.

Maybe I'm in the wrong here, but I just love seeing our members' excitement at being chosen.  :greeninlove:
Laura
 Image    Image     Image  Image  Image
VickiR
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 486

Re: Just a LOTW thought...

Post by VickiR »

I agree, Laura.  When I choose for LOTW, I like to choose message board members.  Some are frequent posters and some aren't.  But I always check to see when they made their last post before I choose them.  IMHO, those that are here on the board are more deserving.  Even the BF challenges I check because some projects are posted just for the challenge.
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 302

Post by Flasher »

I agree, Pally!
When I hear someone say "Life is hard.", I'm always tempted to ask "Compared to what?"

~ Sydney Harris

pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Layouts: 838

Post by pawprints »

I totally agree with you Laura.

Image Image  Image  Image
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1723

Post by emmapaige »

I 100% agree with your Laura.  I've always attempted to chose only true "Cherries". 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImage

oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1831

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

I am with you on this!!
Susan  Image    Image
DMarie
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 214

Post by DMarie »

I agree with you Laure.  In the future I will make sure to choose those who are active Cherries.  It is so encouraging to receive a LOTW badge from your peers.  

Laura, Thanks for the insight and suggestions.

Dawn Marie
Dawn Marie Image    
Gail R
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 76

Post by Gail R »

I totally agree, as well.
Gail
karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 240

Post by karensay »

I totally agree.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
Florac74
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 11

Post by Florac74 »

Newbie cherry here :)

I think its a great idea.

It took me some time to navigate my way back around the forum. I spent allot time trying to just get my profile picture figured out lol :-D Its been many years since I have been scrapbooking or on a forum.

I do love the challenges and post mostly in those places. But tend to not chat much because I'm shyish and still finding my around.

Thank you to all the hosts! The time you put into giving everyone an opportunity to join in the challenges! It has really helped me get my scrapbooking groove back :inlove: great community you have here!
beachlover
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1237

Post by beachlover »

I am in complete agreement!  Unless I am mistaken, ACOT was not just meant to show off work but also bring people together from all over who have mutual interests and can build friendships - hence the MB!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1445

Post by lissahope26 »

I agree with you. 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by DN in MN »

I totally agree with you and make this suggestion...

On the LOTW topic, put selection should be made from MB Active participants (postings on the MB within that week, maybe or that month?)  If a selection is made for someone not active on the MB, no badge will be sent.  That way, if the selecter really wants to acknowledge someone's work, they still can.  Does that make sense?

Image      Image

2021 ~ 35/75 Layouts       46/12 Cards

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

Florac74 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:08 am
Newbie cherry here :)

I think its a great idea.

It took me some time to navigate my way back around the forum. I spent allot time trying to just get my profile picture figured out lol :greenlol: Its been many years since I have been scrapbooking or on a forum.

I do love the challenges and post mostly in those places. But tend to not chat much because I'm shyish and still finding my around.

Thank you to all the hosts! The time you put into giving everyone an opportunity to join in the challenges! It has really helped me get my scrapbooking groove back :greeninlove: great community you have here!
Welcome to you! :)  I totally understand when people don't post much in the forums. Not everybody is as chatty as I am. ;)  But, I'm really talking about many people who have absolutely no forum posts. They don't even introduce themselves, but they post layouts every week. Many times not even as participation in our challenges, but just to showcase specific designers.  Of course, they do beautiful layouts, and I enjoy looking at them, but I doubt they really care about our LOTW badges, so that is my only point.  I hope you will post your layouts, comment on anything you want to be involved with, and ask questions if you need help!  This is a great place to be.  :greeninlove:

Laura
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher »

DN in MN wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:25 am

On the LOTW topic, put selection should be made from MB Active participants (postings on the MB within that week, maybe or that month?)  If a selection is made for someone not active on the MB, no badge will be sent.  That way, if the selecter really wants to acknowledge someone's work, they still can.  Does that make sense?

I would say as long as they have message board posts in the past few months or even that year, I have no issues.  It just gets me when they don't even have an account setup, and they have no forum posts, or maybe 1, yet they have hundreds of layouts.  Basically, I haven't been sending them the badges, because "user doesn't exist" or they never open their pm's! lol  I just thought I would bring it up, because there are several people who have been chosen more than once and they just don't interact with our challenges or our message board.  It was just my way of trying to make people aware...no big deal, though. :)

Laura
shoorn
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1998

Post by shoorn »

Totally agree with you Laura!
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

Yankeegirl
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 1332

Post by Yankeegirl »

I agree, Laura.  While I am not a chatty person, I do try to do the challenges and comment in the gallery.   
But I also take into consideration that some are more active than others.  That has been especially meaningful to me as I have had several medical issues over the last couple of years that have decreased my participation.  
I never select for LOTW those who never comment on anyone else's work in the gallery, or who post just to show off a manufacturer's collections.  
Next week has been exhausting.

Kathy
Image                Image    Image   Image 
DN in MN
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 356

Post by DN in MN »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:13 am
DN in MN wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:25 am

I would say as long as they have message board posts in the past few months or even that year, I have no issues.  It just gets me when they don't even have an account setup, and they have no forum posts, or maybe 1, yet they have hundreds of layouts.  Basically, I haven't been sending them the badges, because "user doesn't exist" or they never open their pm's! lol  I just thought I would bring it up, because there are several people who have been chosen more than once and they just don't interact with our challenges or our message board.  It was just my way of trying to make people aware...no big deal, though. :)

Oh and I totally agree with you!  I typically don't even comment on their pages in the gallery (when I get in there to acknowledge) unless it really blows my mind ;)

Image      Image

2021 ~ 35/75 Layouts       46/12 Cards

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3223

Post by blbabe1234 »

I agree with each and every one of y'all. I too try to choose members
Brandy Williams

ImageImage  Image ImageImage
lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1445

Post by lissahope26 »

Off topic, there is a limit of 5 URLs for signature lines? 
Melissa H.
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Layouts of the Week”