Page 1 of 1

School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:10 pm
by megamay
In this class I will be showing you how to make a custom 12x12 book with 3 tabbed dividers and pockets to keep your child's school projects/memorabilia in. It will be easy to use a 3 hole punch in the future and just add anything you wish to keep.

Here is a quick shot of the finished product. (I had in my mind "Grade 5" or whatever as the title, then realized that it wouldnt work for my daughter's first kindergarten year, so I modified it.
Image

Supplies:

Image12x12 black boards for the cover
Imagelarge black rings for binding. Feel free to use whatever rings you want, but I like these because they are large, and I am anticipating a lot of stuff that will need to fit in this book.
ImageLarge chipboard - you will need THREE of these. But you are welcome to use other chipboard, or even cardboard if you are on a tight budget. Beware though, that cardboard will not be as durable as these.

ImageImageImageImage
Cardstock - you will need 3 blue, 3 black and 3 red pieces of cardstock. Here are recommendations.
ImageImageImage


also:
Black inkImage
liquid glue: i used zip dry and mod podge Image
a hole punch or crop o dile (I used my big bite) ImageImage
I used my T-square - a cheap plastic one that I got in the art section of ACMoore, and a pencil.
An exacto knife or craft knife
A star punch would be very handy, but not necessary

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:16 pm
by deerewife
wow! You're on the ball!!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:48 pm
by beachlover
that is adorable! hmmm... may be a good time to work on finally getting ds's school stuff done and get rid of all those boxes!!!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:01 pm
by scraptag
so cute! And just in time for Fall and School!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:16 pm
by cynderellaj
Oh my gosh....I think I see christmas presents for my sister in this class ;-) Can't wait!!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 am
by JeanG
Interesting!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:36 pm
by aceason
I'm so excited for this one! I have stacks of my kids art and writings that I've been trying to figure out how to keep. This will be perfect!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:51 pm
by LyndaKay
Can't wait to see the directions! It looks great.

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:55 pm
by sghartman
Do I just need 1 each of the patterned paper or three of each as well?


I can't wait to have this done. It will make keeping up with the girl's school projects easy for the coming year. No more boxes, tubs, and (our favorite) the stack on the kitchen cabinet.



Thanks for offering this!!

Sammie

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:38 am
by megamay
sghartman wrote:Do I just need 1 each of the patterned paper or three of each as well?


I can't wait to have this done. It will make keeping up with the girl's school projects easy for the coming year. No more boxes, tubs, and (our favorite) the stack on the kitchen cabinet.



Thanks for offering this!!

Sammie

you just need one of each patterned paper.

lol about the kitchen cabinet, that is what made me think of this. I always have stacks of stuff laying around and keep telling myself that I need to do something with it, but by the time it is a big stack, I don't know where to start!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:52 am
by 4peasinourpod
I am soooooo doing this one!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:35 am
by akba15
OHHHH so excited for this - I HAVE to make time for this!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:46 pm
by erstew92
Life saving once again! My kids are in 8th and 5th ... and I have nothing done yet. I made a vow that after moving last month to Fort Knox, KY ... I was not moving all those school project keepsake boxes in the mess they are again! But I'm sooo afraid to start digging in them!!! But now ... I'll have a place to put them. Geez, I'll have to do more than one ... oh, well ... I guess I'll just have to sacrifice and take the time to have all this fun making them!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 pm
by deerewife
I finally ordered my stuff!! Hopefully it gets here and I can play along...but more important, I'm going to get rid of the box of unorganized mess!

Re: School Project Keepsake Book Supply List

Posted: Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:44 pm
by JeanG
Oh, sure! Wait until my kids are 28 & 30 and my DGS is going into 5th grade before having this class!! :-D :-D