GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER- Updated with winner

Moderator: ACOT Employee

User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11948
Layouts: 1828
Location: South Carolina

GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER- Updated with winner

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

CHALLENGE NUMBER 4
MONSTER challenge
Your layout must use something that begins
with each letter of MONSTER.
The letters must be an actual item,
not something like Dark blue for D.
Can not be combined with any other challenge
Deadline is October 31
M-
O-
N-
S-
T-
E-
R-
My sample:
Image
I chose M-mist, O- octagon, N- names- S- stamp, T-tape, E-embossing powder, R- rub ons
Cherries completing challenge:
Deanna13
average_kim
blbabe1234
joannie
ScrappyDistractions
cajenkins81
jrrah4903
mgehrke
ScrappininAK
sweetsour
Retiree3
PezKat
The winner chosen by random.org is:
joannie
Last edited by oceanbreezes423 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:17 am, edited 15 times in total.
Susan  Image    Image
User avatar
sweetsour
Wild Cherry
Posts: 16044
Layouts: 898
Location: ON Canada

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by sweetsour »

ooo that is interesting!
 Karrie

Image
User avatar
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 38974
Layouts: 3981
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by Deanna13 »

Really cool challenge and I love your example, Susan! :)
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar
joannie
Wild Cherry
Posts: 16072
Layouts: 1857
Location: Indiana

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by joannie »

:inlove: I LOVE SPELLING CHALLENGES!!! YIPPEE!!!
- joannie

 Image Image Image Image
User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12787
Layouts: 635
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by sherelm »

I think Mildred will spell Monster with a "W" - hint hint. . . . .
User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11948
Layouts: 1828
Location: South Carolina

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

sherelm wrote:I think Mildred will spell Monster with a "W" - hint hint. . . . .



hahaha, love it!
Susan  Image    Image
User avatar
pawprints
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 40137
Layouts: 835
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by pawprints »

I love these! And another great layout!
Image

Image Image  Image  Image
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 69755
Layouts: 3214
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by blbabe1234 »

LOVE these types of challenges! AWESOME layout too! :-D
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 10266
Layouts: 783
Location: Missouri

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by suewho372 »

this will be a fun one!! :)
Susan
Image

                                 Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
User avatar
PezKat
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 8241
Layouts: 514

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by PezKat »

joannie wrote::inlove: I LOVE SPELLING CHALLENGES!!! YIPPEE!!!

Me too!! (& joannie I thought of you, lol!)
Image Image
User avatar
karensay
Cherry Cola
Posts: 7351
Layouts: 240
Location: Elgin, South Carolina

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by karensay »

Wow, a new world I have been missing. I did not know about these challenges....
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper
User avatar
Deanna13
A Cherry on Top
Posts: 38974
Layouts: 3981
Location: Southeastern Ohio

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by Deanna13 »

For the challenge I used....
MONSTER
M - Matted Photos
O - October Afternoon Buttons
N - Numbers
S - Stars
T - Tearing, Twine
E - Eyelets
R - Rough & Tumble Papers
----------
Imagination Is The Key to Fun!
Image
Image Image ImageImage
User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11948
Layouts: 1828
Location: South Carolina

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

Deanna13 wrote:For the challenge I used....
MONSTER
M - Matted Photos
O - October Afternoon Buttons
N - Numbers
S - Stars
T - Tearing, Twine
E - Eyelets
R - Rough & Tumble Papers
----------
Imagination Is The Key to Fun!
Image


This is so awesome Deanna! I love what you did with all the letters! It is such a bright, fun page! Thanks for doing my challenge!
Susan  Image    Image
User avatar
average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 10380
Layouts: 846

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by average_kim »

Here's my entry for this challenge! It was so much fun finding things that fit with the letters. Even though I had to copy you and use octogon shapes that I cut with Cricut's George and Basic Shapes cartridge!

Image

Here's my list of supplies: M= metal mesh (white), O= octogon shapes, N= notebook journal spot, S= staples (used on the journal spot, ribbon, and washi), T =tape (green leaf print and spider web print washi tape), E= eyelets (I still love to use these large ones from WeRMemory Keepers), and R=ribbon (orange and white gingham).

P.S. Made my own notebook journal spot with Cricut's Artbooking cartridge and a Close to My Heart Stamp that coordinates.
Kim

Image Image  
User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11948
Layouts: 1828
Location: South Carolina

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

average_kim wrote:Here's my entry for this challenge! It was so much fun finding things that fit with the letters. Even though I had to copy you and use octogon shapes that I cut with Cricut's George and Basic Shapes cartridge!

Image

Here's my list of supplies: M= metal mesh (white), O= octogon shapes, N= notebook journal spot, S= staples (used on the journal spot, ribbon, and washi), T =tape (green leaf print and spider web print washi tape), E= eyelets (I still love to use these large ones from WeRMemory Keepers), and R=ribbon (orange and white gingham).

P.S. Made my own notebook journal spot with Cricut's Artbooking cartridge and a Close to My Heart Stamp that coordinates.



This is awesome!!!! I love the papers you picked, the trick or treat font, this is such a fun layout! Thanks for doing this challenge!
Susan  Image    Image
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 69755
Layouts: 3214
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by blbabe1234 »

Here's mine Susan:

Image

M = Max & Whiskers collection from Basic Grey
O = Oval shaped photos
N = Numbers
S = StickersT = Twine
E = Echo Park Journaling Spot
R = Rectangle pattern paper strips
Brandy Williams

  ImageImage  Image ImageImage
User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11948
Layouts: 1828
Location: South Carolina

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

blbabe1234 wrote:Here's mine Susan:

Image

M = Max & Whiskers collection from Basic Grey
O = Oval shaped photos
N = Numbers
S = StickersT = Twine
E = Echo Park Journaling Spot
R = Rectangle pattern paper strips





Now thats what I call a bone!!!!! I am surprised they share so well!!! Love the BG paper, and the way you matted and arranged the photos! Thanks so much for doing this challenge!
Susan  Image    Image
User avatar
joannie
Wild Cherry
Posts: 16072
Layouts: 1857
Location: Indiana

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by joannie »

Here is mine. LOVE spelling challenges!!


M = MAKING MEMORIES BRAD
O = ORANGE STAR
N = NOTEBOOK PAPER
S = SASSAFRAS LASS PP
T = TWINE
E = EMBOSSIBLE DESIGNS DIECUTS
R = RIBBON

Image
- joannie

 Image Image Image Image
User avatar
oceanbreezes423
Cherry Cropper
Posts: 11948
Layouts: 1828
Location: South Carolina

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by oceanbreezes423 »

joannie wrote:Here is mine. LOVE spelling challenges!!


M = MAKING MEMORIES BRAD
O = ORANGE STAR
N = NOTEBOOK PAPER
S = SASSAFRAS LASS PP
T = TWINE
E = EMBOSSIBLE DESIGNS DIECUTS
R = RIBBON

Image



Love this! The crayons are a great touch, as well as perfect paper choice! Love the twine wrapped circle also! Thanks so much for doing this challenge!
Susan  Image    Image
User avatar
ScrappyDistractions
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1686
Layouts: 593
Location: Princeton, TX

Re: GD CHALLENGE #4- MONSTER

Post by ScrappyDistractions »

These are never as easy as they seem! Great challenge! I went with the following:

M = "Moments" stamp; Maya Road frame
O = October Afternoon Labels; Oval corrugated tag
N = Naked wood frame
S = Studio Gstamp on Maya Road frame
T = Technologic paper line from Kasiercraft
E = EK Success corner rounder
R = Rounded corners on paper embellishments; "Reboot" paper from Kaisercraft (but I already took credit fr that under "T")


Image
Lisa - Scrappy Distractions

  
 ImageImage
 
Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”