Scrap A Day, December 14th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Post Reply
User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62252
Layouts: 2770
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 pm

Good morning ya'll! Another busy day here! After feeding the babies, I cleaned the kitchen, had my coffee and ran to the store to get our groceries for the week. Usually I do it on Fridays or Saturday morning, but there is a front blowing in overnight and its dropping the temps from mid-70's down to the 40's and its bringing heavy rain with it from 3am tonight and not ending until Monday morning. I DO NOT want to be out and about in that mess, so its easier to get everything today. Placed our Christmas Eve order for our tamales and will be getting those Dec 23rd. ImageImageImageImage Pre-paid for them too!

So who has scrappy plans for today? Me - highly doubt it. Been helping my client with some end of year reports. Not sure why this woman has problems reading them or accessing them. Maybe because she only does them once a year. Ha! Anyways,  working the rest of the day. Been trying to schedule an upgrade for tonight, but the work keeps piling up and I keep getting interrupted. So I'll do one for next Monday.

Then after work, I need to get dressed as DH and I are going out to dinner with his aunt and uncle to celebrate his aunt's birthday, which is today. Then once we're home, we will probably just watch TV

How about you?


 
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4361
Layouts: 681
Location: NYC

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:24 pm

Glad you got your stuff done before the front hits! Stay safe! We had snow overnight and then there was that moment when I realized that everybody had gone to school and work and it was up to me to do the shoveling LOL! At least I got some exercise. While I was dressed for the cold I went to the store and "got the bread and milk" and some stuff for dinner. Still trying to catch up on manuscripts while getting the Christmas and birthday stuff done. 

I am scrapping today. I had some pictures and supplies on my desk and am finally getting stuff adhered so I can get moving on this layout. It's all spring colors and I want to finish these pictures so I can put these supplies away and move on to all the Christmas-related challenges LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62252
Layouts: 2770
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:30 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:Glad you got your stuff done before the front hits! Stay safe! We had snow overnight and then there was that moment when I realized that everybody had gone to school and work and it was up to me to do the shoveling LOL! At least I got some exercise. While I was dressed for the cold I went to the store and "got the bread and milk" and some stuff for dinner. Still trying to catch up on manuscripts while getting the Christmas and birthday stuff done. 

I am scrapping today. I had some pictures and supplies on my desk and am finally getting stuff adhered so I can get moving on this layout. It's all spring colors and I want to finish these pictures so I can put these supplies away and move on to all the Christmas-related challenges LOL!
 
Good luck with all the manuscripts. Its always a busy time of year for us self employed peeps. We've got so many birthdays this month, on top of Christmas AND my parents' wedding anniversary. Makes for a super crazy time huh?

Yay for scrapping today. Can't wait to see your layout!
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12317
Layouts: 536
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by sherelm » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:40 pm

Anne-Marie, I laughed at your "Bread/milk" reference - my family didn't know about it until they came in for the holidays a few years back.  Our weatherman in here actually says how many loaves and gallons of milk kind of snow it's going to be.  He has it on his weather chart, and if you don't know about it, it does seem funny to see loaves of bread on the weather map. 

We had snow last night - and Dolly was not impressed with it!!  It is her first "bitter" cold season - she was born in June, and while it's been getting cooler, she now has the joy of freezing temps - yesterday we didn't get above freezing, and an inch of snow or so.  It was crunching under her feet, but was so excited when she found the little turd she left before bed last night - it was so funny with her finding it under the snow.  She also used to sleep along side of me, now she wants even her head covered at night under my blankets!  She IS warm, though. 
BTW, Brandy, she hasn't grown at ALL since I got her, I think she's maxed out!  We've been weighing her and measuring her - and all she's done is lose some baby teeth, but she's not grown at all.  I don't know if there will be a growth spurt, or if she's where's she going to say.  The vet says that if she has a beagle in her and a smaller dachshund, they may be now balancing each other out.  But at least she's healthy!

I am going to glue together my Christmas cards tonight, finally all the pieces are cut.  I want to mail them by Saturday.  So that will be my night, and trying to keep Dolly from chewing on them!  The kitties look at her and say "We don't do THAT!!" and I laugh, because they all three are with me when I'm scrapbooking.  Scully used to chase the kitties off (so she could sleep) but Dolly loves having partners in crime!
 

User avatar
traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Posts: 1697
Layouts: 216
Location: New Jersey

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by traveler » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:12 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote: We had snow overnight and then there was that moment when I realized that everybody had gone to school and work and it was up to me to do the shoveling LOL! At least I got some exercise. 
exact same story here. 

Made this layout this morning:
Image
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

 

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62252
Layouts: 2770
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:52 pm

sherelm wrote:Anne-Marie, I laughed at your "Bread/milk" reference - my family didn't know about it until they came in for the holidays a few years back.  Our weatherman in here actually says how many loaves and gallons of milk kind of snow it's going to be.  He has it on his weather chart, and if you don't know about it, it does seem funny to see loaves of bread on the weather map. 

We had snow last night - and Dolly was not impressed with it!!  It is her first "bitter" cold season - she was born in June, and while it's been getting cooler, she now has the joy of freezing temps - yesterday we didn't get above freezing, and an inch of snow or so.  It was crunching under her feet, but was so excited when she found the little turd she left before bed last night - it was so funny with her finding it under the snow.  She also used to sleep along side of me, now she wants even her head covered at night under my blankets!  She IS warm, though. 
BTW, Brandy, she hasn't grown at ALL since I got her, I think she's maxed out!  We've been weighing her and measuring her - and all she's done is lose some baby teeth, but she's not grown at all.  I don't know if there will be a growth spurt, or if she's where's she going to say.  The vet says that if she has a beagle in her and a smaller dachshund, they may be now balancing each other out.  But at least she's healthy!

I am going to glue together my Christmas cards tonight, finally all the pieces are cut.  I want to mail them by Saturday.  So that will be my night, and trying to keep Dolly from chewing on them!  The kitties look at her and say "We don't do THAT!!" and I laugh, because they all three are with me when I'm scrapbooking.  Scully used to chase the kitties off (so she could sleep) but Dolly loves having partners in crime!


 
Awe..too cute. I love getting rescue dogs as part of the "excitement" is How big will they get?

That reminds me of Jackson. He and the 2 monkeys get into trouble all the time together.
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62252
Layouts: 2770
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 pm

trainmom wrote:
scrappinmom99 wrote: We had snow overnight and then there was that moment when I realized that everybody had gone to school and work and it was up to me to do the shoveling LOL! At least I got some exercise. 
exact same story here. 

Made this layout this morning:
Image
 
Great layout! I left you love!Image
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4361
Layouts: 681
Location: NYC

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:13 pm

sherelm wrote:Anne-Marie, I laughed at your "Bread/milk" reference - my family didn't know about it until they came in for the holidays a few years back.  Our weatherman in here actually says how many loaves and gallons of milk kind of snow it's going to be.  He has it on his weather chart, and if you don't know about it, it does seem funny to see loaves of bread on the weather map. 

We had snow last night - and Dolly was not impressed with it!!  It is her first "bitter" cold season - she was born in June, and while it's been getting cooler, she now has the joy of freezing temps - yesterday we didn't get above freezing, and an inch of snow or so.  It was crunching under her feet, but was so excited when she found the little turd she left before bed last night - it was so funny with her finding it under the snow.  She also used to sleep along side of me, now she wants even her head covered at night under my blankets!  She IS warm, though. 
BTW, Brandy, she hasn't grown at ALL since I got her, I think she's maxed out!  We've been weighing her and measuring her - and all she's done is lose some baby teeth, but she's not grown at all.  I don't know if there will be a growth spurt, or if she's where's she going to say.  The vet says that if she has a beagle in her and a smaller dachshund, they may be now balancing each other out.  But at least she's healthy!

I am going to glue together my Christmas cards tonight, finally all the pieces are cut.  I want to mail them by Saturday.  So that will be my night, and trying to keep Dolly from chewing on them!  The kitties look at her and say "We don't do THAT!!" and I laugh, because they all three are with me when I'm scrapbooking.  Scully used to chase the kitties off (so she could sleep) but Dolly loves having partners in crime!

 
Oh that's too funny with the bread and milk on the weather chart!!! I love it!  Poor Dolly, heehee! Snow is quite a discovery! :)
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie
Image

User avatar
emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12849
Layouts: 960
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by emmapaige » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:14 pm

Stay safe Brandy!!  We had some snow too but it's pretty much melted on the roads, driveway and sidewalks.

No scrapping for me today.  Since hubby is retiring in just a few weeks, we went to Best Buy to get him a new laptop.  He's had a company laptop for years and the one he had before is ancient so it was time to get a new one for him.  We already got him a new cell phone since he has to turn in his company phone, too.  And we'll be down to one car - at least for awhile.  Since we'll both be retired, we're going to see if we can get by with just one car since he also had a company car which he'll be turning in at the end of the month.  I hate the idea of having a car payment and car insurance since we also haven't had that extra car expenses for years. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage
 

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62252
Layouts: 2770
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:24 pm

emmapaige wrote:Stay safe Brandy!!  We had some snow too but it's pretty much melted on the roads, driveway and sidewalks.

No scrapping for me today.  Since hubby is retiring in just a few weeks, we went to Best Buy to get him a new laptop.  He's had a company laptop for years and the one he had before is ancient so it was time to get a new one for him.  We already got him a new cell phone since he has to turn in his company phone, too.  And we'll be down to one car - at least for awhile.  Since we'll both be retired, we're going to see if we can get by with just one car since he also had a company car which he'll be turning in at the end of the month.  I hate the idea of having a car payment and car insurance since we also haven't had that extra car expenses for years. 
 
Congrats to your DH! I bet he's happy for that!
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

User avatar
beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Posts: 23992
Layouts: 1067
Location: NJ

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by beachlover » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Good Afternoon Cherries!

I cannot fathom the thought that Christmas Eve is 10 days away!!  I have no tree and nowhere to put one this year.  And no holiday spirit!

Yesterday I was off and was supposed to get my BP checked but it was COOLDDDD outside and Harley went into heat.  DD put a diaper on her and she still had to do her poops but dd took off for work. So I had little spots where it squeezed out of the diaper all across the living room and dining room. Thank goodness for all hard wood floors!  Needed to calm down after that (DD wakes up last minute when she does sleep at home and...  enough of that!)  so I went in the scrap room, finished a LO and started another.  Started feeling weird so went in the bedroom to lay down.  It was the flu and ended up tossing my cookies all night.  Did manage to crawl into work today but have not eaten since a granola bar Tuesday.  Going home and probably to bed.  Hopefully back to scrapping tomorrow.

Have a great day all! 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
Image 
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

 

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 62252
Layouts: 2770
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap A Day, December 14th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:36 pm

beachlover wrote:Good Afternoon Cherries!

I cannot fathom the thought that Christmas Eve is 10 days away!!  I have no tree and nowhere to put one this year.  And no holiday spirit!

Yesterday I was off and was supposed to get my BP checked but it was COOLDDDD outside and Harley went into heat.  DD put a diaper on her and she still had to do her poops but dd took off for work. So I had little spots where it squeezed out of the diaper all across the living room and dining room. Thank goodness for all hard wood floors!  Needed to calm down after that (DD wakes up last minute when she does sleep at home and...  enough of that!)  so I went in the scrap room, finished a LO and started another.  Started feeling weird so went in the bedroom to lay down.  It was the flu and ended up tossing my cookies all night.  Did manage to crawl into work today but have not eaten since a granola bar Tuesday.  Going home and probably to bed.  Hopefully back to scrapping tomorrow.

Have a great day all! 
 
Oh Ann, I'm so sorry. Hugs!
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image 

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”