Scrapping Two Page Layouts

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 648

Scrapping Two Page Layouts

Post by pawprints » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Omg Cherries! I found the thread that I had posted on doing two page layouts and I posted it back in January of 2012!! Six years ago!! Omg I can't believe that! I also see that I was only scrapping two pagers at the time when paper scrapping. That has changed since then, since sometimes I just wanted to do single pages lol. I have since decided that the baby albums for the grandchildren and the puppy albums for the doggies would be two page post bounds and after that single page layouts in D rings. I felt free to go all over the place after that, since the two page albums I always do chronologically. And I was getting burnt out of doing the same thing lol.

Here is the link to my original thread: For those that fear doing two pagers.

Image Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 120

Re: Scrapping Two Page Layouts

Post by DN in MN » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:40 pm

This is awesome and thank you for re-posting it :)  Bookmarked for future reference!
 Image    Image   
2018 Goal ~ 50 layouts    Completed 43 layouts and 3 cards 

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 209

Post by karensay » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:08 pm

I do 1 or 2 pages, depending on how many photos I have.  I cannot do a ONE PAGE layout of a visit to the Zoo.  But, I like a one page layout if it is my dog or cat I am featuring.  I went bowling  not too long ago, took photos of the scoreboard, that will be a one pager.  Band competitions - hard to keep it to two pages....
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1350

Post by mgehrke » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 pm

I love your tutorial Barb - fabulous job!!! Thank you for sharing with all of us. I do 2 pagers from time to time, but only because I can't cut down my picture taking......lol
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 54, 32 and 26) lol. And now a Grandma to Orahn and Sawyer.

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 333

Post by sdwhru » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:58 pm

Thanks for sharing this again - I"m saving it so I can go read in detail later.
ImageImage

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1232

Post by Charleneanne » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:04 am

When I started scrapping in the late 1990's, nobody did single pages.  we all learned doing two page layouts.   But then most of us started out with 8 1/2x11 albums so you needed two pages.  lol  Gradually as 12x12 started being the layout size of choice, one page layouts became the more normal thing to do since you could get so much on a page that size compared to the smaller albums.    I havent done a two page layout in years. 

ImageCharleneanne

shoorn
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1226

Post by shoorn » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:32 pm

Great tutorial! When I began back in 2005, I tended to scrap mostly 2 page layouts (at least 90%) - now it seems I do more 1 page layouts. I think it began to change when I switched to 3 ring albums where I could easily more pages around and the fact that 2 pagers in them had more of a gap. Also I began to feel that it was okay if the 2 pages didn't match. I think I was a bit OCD and wanted the pages to match that were across from each other. Once I gave myself the permission to not match...well, the 1 pagers took off. I still like 2 page layouts for certain photos - especially when I have more than will fit on 1 page and would be 'off' if scrapped as 2 - 1 pagers (does that make sense?).
Hi everyone!    Image   My name is Susan and I love to scrapbook!

suewho372
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 693

Post by suewho372 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:12 pm

Awesome Barb!!!   You are so good at explaining things!!! Thanks so much for finding this and bringing it back to us!!! 
ImageImageImage
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 231

Post by Scrap Bug » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:03 pm

That's cool!  I've never been a double layout scrapper.  I like to be "footloose and fancy-free".  I also scrap both 12X12 and 8.5 X 11 layouts and actually do both vertical and horizontal, sometimes putting them next to each other.  
Melissa

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 217

Post by traveler » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:03 pm

I tend to want to use a lot of photos of certain subjects, so I do a lot of 2-pagers. Since I use D-ring albums, I expect the gap to be there and don't split anything across the 2-pages that would look weird with the gap. I liked your article, I definitely plan to incorporate some of your ideas. Thanks for sharing it. 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”