Scrap a Day, June 20th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2760

Scrap a Day, June 20th

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:52 am

Good morning cherries and we are officially swimming! LOL. Well, not me personally. Peeps in town, who are in lower elevation, are. In 24 hrs, we've gotten over 6 inches of rain. The people in town and near the coast got about an extra 2-3 inches on Monday, while we were high and dry! Luckily my house is elevated (70 ft above sea level vs 10 ft in town). We are expected to get another 4-8 inches and start drying out on Friday.

Anyways, who has scrappy plans for today? Yesterday I printed out invitations and today I'm hoping to get the inside of the cards taken care of. But this morning/afternoon, work, work work!

How about you?
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 113

Re: Scrap a Day, June 20th

Post by DN in MN » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:49 am

Glad you are missing the swim time, Brandy!  I got lucky last week too :)  I will be getting into my room for bit after I get my roast in the crock pot and clean up the house a bit.  Then, it's off to my hair appointment at 3pm.  Dinner with my Dad and DS at 5:30. 

Have a great day everyone!
 Image    Image   
2018 Goal ~ 50 layouts    Completed 41 layouts and 3 cards 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:16 am

DN in MN wrote:Glad you are missing the swim time, Brandy!  I got lucky last week too :)  I will be getting into my room for bit after I get my roast in the crock pot and clean up the house a bit.  Then, it's off to my hair appointment at 3pm.  Dinner with my Dad and DS at 5:30. 

Have a great day everyone!

Mmmm...roast! Love roast in the crock pot! Image
~ Brandy Williams ~

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 927

Post by CarrieG » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:11 pm

I was hoping you were high and dry!!!  I heard Rockport is flooding now...ugh 

we had something wacky go thru early this morning...just as it was getting light....for about an hour the wind blew and it dumped...it was like we were in the outer bands of a hurricane....wasn't even on the radar really......it just quit raining....
gonna be too wet to do much in the yard...altho im sure I will have some clean up to do...LOL

might actually get to scrap...hmmmmmmmmmm

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 536

Post by sherelm » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:33 pm

OMG, trade your car in for a boat!  I'm waiting for the storms that marched across Lake Erie overnight to make it to us.  Looks like that will happen in about two hours.

Meanwhile, I'm scrapping for the MMC and pulled some stuff and photos.  I just took a break when another Scrappy friend and I discussed Joann's sticker sale.  They have all packs 40% off, but if you buy 8 packs you get another 80% off.  Hmm might need to check that out.  She was wondering if Thickers we're included in that.

Stay dry!

average_kim
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 835

Post by average_kim » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:01 pm

No scrapping now for me.. I'm meeting stepdaughter for lunch, then getting my nails done.
Kim

Image Image  

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:19 pm

CarrieG wrote:I was hoping you were high and dry!!!  I heard Rockport is flooding now...ugh 

we had something wacky go thru early this morning...just as it was getting light....for about an hour the wind blew and it dumped...it was like we were in the outer bands of a hurricane....wasn't even on the radar really......it just quit raining....
gonna be too wet to do much in the yard...altho im sure I will have some clean up to do...LOL

might actually get to scrap...hmmmmmmmmmm

Yes. Along with Aransas Pass, Port A and Woodsboro. The hardest hit from Harvey. Image
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:21 pm

sherelm wrote:OMG, trade your car in for a boat!  I'm waiting for the storms that marched across Lake Erie overnight to make it to us.  Looks like that will happen in about two hours.

Meanwhile, I'm scrapping for the MMC and pulled some stuff and photos.  I just took a break when another Scrappy friend and I discussed Joann's sticker sale.  They have all packs 40% off, but if you buy 8 packs you get another 80% off.  Hmm might need to check that out.  She was wondering if Thickers we're included in that.

Stay dry!

thats a great sale J's having!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:22 pm

average_kim wrote:No scrapping now for me.. I'm meeting stepdaughter for lunch, then getting my nails done.

Yum! Where did ya'll go eat?
~ Brandy Williams ~

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 462

Post by Berta R. » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:08 pm

Boy we could sure use a little of your rain, Brandy!  But not that much!  That's a little scary in fact.  Is that normal for this time of year?  We are going to hit 105 by Saturday so we are under fire watch.   Hence the need for rain.  I'm sending DH out today or tomorrow for some printer ink.  Have a lot of fun photos to print off then I will be scrapping for sure.  But right now I need to get some outdoor stuff done.  Hope everyone is having a good day in spite of the weather.
***Berta***

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 646

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:13 pm

Hey Cherries. I'm back. I traveled up to Massachusetts on Sunday morning with dd and my sil and the baby. My dh was having too many issues with his new meds to take the long drive, so he and ds stayed home to take care of Maddie and Aiden and the doggies. It was a really emotional two days. My uncle had written words he wanted to say to all of us and my Aunt read them at the service. It was so emotional and so touching. And it was all so heart wrenching.  After the funeral service we all got together to eat and mingle. I saw a lot of my relatives that I haven't seen in a long time. It was so good to see them, it's just too bad it had to be under those circumstances. We got on the road around 3:30 and got home around 7:45 or so Monday night. My mom traveled home with my sister and bil. She hadn't been home in over 2 weeks. Oh and baby JJ did fantastic on the long car ride. She was so good. My nephew and his wife traveled with their baby too. And my other nephew (one of the twins) traveled from Albany with his wife. His twin stayed home to the care of his doggie.

So I passed out Monday night, and all day yesterday I was in real laze mode, expect for managing to run a few loads of laundry. Today I still feel lazy but keep threatening to go out and plant some flowers. I haven't gotten up to do it yet though. As for scrapping, it hasn't happened all month and I really hope I get the desire back soon. It just hasn't hit me yet. I need to get rid of the lazies now too.

I missed you all and am hoping to get back into the swing of things soon!

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:21 pm

GmaBerta wrote:Boy we could sure use a little of your rain, Brandy!  But not that much!  That's a little scary in fact.  Is that normal for this time of year?  We are going to hit 105 by Saturday so we are under fire watch.   Hence the need for rain.  I'm sending DH out today or tomorrow for some printer ink.  Have a lot of fun photos to print off then I will be scrapping for sure.  But right now I need to get some outdoor stuff done.  Hope everyone is having a good day in spite of the weather.

Hi Berta! No, this isn't normal at all. We've been in a drought all year and before the rain, we were about 8 inches below avg rainfall.
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:24 pm

pawprints wrote:Hey Cherries. I'm back. I traveled up to Massachusetts on Sunday morning with dd and my sil and the baby. My dh was having too many issues with his new meds to take the long drive, so he and ds stayed home to take care of Maddie and Aiden and the doggies. It was a really emotional two days. My uncle had written words he wanted to say to all of us and my Aunt read them at the service. It was so emotional and so touching. And it was all so heart wrenching.  After the funeral service we all got together to eat and mingle. I saw a lot of my relatives that I haven't seen in a long time. It was so good to see them, it's just too bad it had to be under those circumstances. We got on the road around 3:30 and got home around 7:45 or so Monday night. My mom traveled home with my sister and bil. She hadn't been home in over 2 weeks. Oh and baby JJ did fantastic on the long car ride. She was so good. My nephew and his wife traveled with their baby too. And my other nephew (one of the twins) traveled from Albany with his wife. His twin stayed home to the care of his doggie.

So I passed out Monday night, and all day yesterday I was in real laze mode, expect for managing to run a few loads of laundry. Today I still feel lazy but keep threatening to go out and plant some flowers. I haven't gotten up to do it yet though. As for scrapping, it hasn't happened all month and I really hope I get the desire back soon. It just hasn't hit me yet. I need to get rid of the lazies now too.

Many hugs to you Barb
~ Brandy Williams ~

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 945

Post by emmapaige » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 pm

Wow - that a lot of rain!  Flooding is so scary so I'm glad to hear you are safe. 

I'm starting to work on a challenge since I never had a chance to do any scrapping yesterday.

I also had a epic fail with the spending freeze.  Now that the new Pinkfresh Studio is in stock, I had to order lots of goodies. Some of them already have notes that only X are left so I wanted to order now and not take a chance that the stuff I want in sold out.  Also, I wanted some travel papers/embellies for our recent road trip to Nashville.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 945

Post by emmapaige » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:49 pm

pawprints wrote:Hey Cherries. I'm back. I traveled up to Massachusetts on Sunday morning with dd and my sil and the baby. My dh was having too many issues with his new meds to take the long drive, so he and ds stayed home to take care of Maddie and Aiden and the doggies. It was a really emotional two days. My uncle had written words he wanted to say to all of us and my Aunt read them at the service. It was so emotional and so touching. And it was all so heart wrenching.  After the funeral service we all got together to eat and mingle. I saw a lot of my relatives that I haven't seen in a long time. It was so good to see them, it's just too bad it had to be under those circumstances. We got on the road around 3:30 and got home around 7:45 or so Monday night. My mom traveled home with my sister and bil. She hadn't been home in over 2 weeks. Oh and baby JJ did fantastic on the long car ride. She was so good. My nephew and his wife traveled with their baby too. And my other nephew (one of the twins) traveled from Albany with his wife. His twin stayed home to the care of his doggie.

((HUGS)) Barb.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 627

Post by MTCanuk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:53 pm

We are flooding away in central Montana too!!  It rained hard Sat., Mon., and Tuesday!  Finally today, seeing some sunshine.  And the temperatures were chilly for this time of the year being around 60 F.  
Yes, I am finally in my scrap space working on the challenges from Monday.  Oh, yes, I am finding them challenging.  
If I don’t work on them toay, No free time until Sunday.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 18

Post by Monroe1218 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:56 pm

This week seems to be flying by - and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hoping to get in my scrap room when I get off at 5.... we are going to my parents for dinner (literally - down the hill...so not too far at all) and then no real plans.  I picked up new pictures yesterday so I have some new stuff to scrap - always helps my mojo! 
Rebecca

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:24 pm

emmapaige wrote:Wow - that a lot of rain!  Flooding is so scary so I'm glad to hear you are safe. 

I'm starting to work on a challenge since I never had a chance to do any scrapping yesterday.

I also had a epic fail with the spending freeze.  Now that the new Pinkfresh Studio is in stock, I had to order lots of goodies. Some of them already have notes that only X are left so I wanted to order now and not take a chance that the stuff I want in sold out.  Also, I wanted some travel papers/embellies for our recent road trip to Nashville.

Yay for new goodies!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:40 pm

MTCanuk wrote:We are flooding away in central Montana too!!  It rained hard Sat., Mon., and Tuesday!  Finally today, seeing some sunshine.  And the temperatures were chilly for this time of the year being around 60 F.  
Yes, I am finally in my scrap space working on the challenges from Monday.  Oh, yes, I am finding them challenging.  
If I don’t work on them toay, No free time until Sunday.  

OooOOOoo..I'd love to have that 60 degrees! But I'll take our 80 right now.

Hope you get to finish those challenges
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:45 pm

Monroe1218 wrote: This week seems to be flying by - and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Hoping to get in my scrap room when I get off at 5.... we are going to my parents for dinner (literally - down the hill...so not too far at all) and then no real plans.  I picked up new pictures yesterday so I have some new stuff to scrap - always helps my mojo! 

Love getting new pics! It helps the mojo!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”