Scrap a Day, July 18th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2762

Scrap a Day, July 18th

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:31 am

Good morning cherries! Never made it to my room yesterday. I was brain dead after work and just vegged in front of the TV after dinner. DH bought a sling shot at Academy over the weekend so we were practicing shooting at a box. Its harder than you'd think. Funny. I have no problems at the Shooting Range, archery, or even shooting hoops, but a sling shot...probably because its all me. DH would say "You're aiming high" but it looked fine to me. But then I'd hit air above the box and I'm like "yeah..that was high". LOL. We didn't last long outside because its so darn hot. Even in the shade. And the time we were out there yesterday, was the stupid bird out and about? NOPE. Figures right? I hope he's scared now! LOL

So who has scrappy plans for today? Me - I sure hope so. At least start SOMETHING.

How about you?
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 927

Re: Scrap a Day, July 18th

Post by CarrieG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:41 am

hey Brandy....we use a salt gun to deter the grackles.......you do have to be a lil closer than with a sling shot but I don't have to worry about precision...lol

im struggling along with a layout...not going good.....prob will give up soon and mess with it later

lawd almighty.....this is the hottest its been here since we moved here 3 yrs ago....my backyard thermometer in the shade was at 108 yesterday...wth?????????????

Meli
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 137

Post by Meli » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:29 am

Good morning!

I took my spare hour that I had last night and worked on cleaning my scraproom. It's a MAJOR disaster. Hard to do by myself with this big pregnant belly but I got some good work done. Slow and steady is key!

I'm really inspired to change it all around and to get new organizing things for it next week (hope it doesn't count against my no spend on scrapbook supplies!). I desperately need to organize so I can USE my stuff!

I hope to find time to scrap soon too but I want to focus on getting everything set so I can actually use my room and stop scrapping on the living room floor haha (the HUGE dining room table is not my first choice because the chairs are not comfy after about a half hour).

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2575

Post by Deanna13 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:37 am

Hey everyone! We made it back from our Caribbean Cruise and had a fantastic time. Been catching up on laundry and no time for scrapping yet. My older DD Marla's birthday is today. We also celebrated it on the ship with some of the crew singing Happy Birthday and a little cake.

Hope everyone is well here.
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:45 am

CarrieG wrote:hey Brandy....we use a salt gun to deter the grackles.......you do have to be a lil closer than with a sling shot but I don't have to worry about precision...lol

im struggling along with a layout...not going good.....prob will give up soon and mess with it later

lawd almighty.....this is the hottest its been here since we moved here 3 yrs ago....my backyard thermometer in the shade was at 108 yesterday...wth?????????????

EEEEkkkkk!!! OMG...in the shade?? I'm surprised you didn't melt
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:47 am

Meli wrote:Good morning!

I took my spare hour that I had last night and worked on cleaning my scraproom. It's a MAJOR disaster. Hard to do by myself with this big pregnant belly but I got some good work done. Slow and steady is key!

I'm really inspired to change it all around and to get new organizing things for it next week (hope it doesn't count against my no spend on scrapbook supplies!). I desperately need to organize so I can USE my stuff!

I hope to find time to scrap soon too but I want to focus on getting everything set so I can actually use my room and stop scrapping on the living room floor haha (the HUGE dining room table is not my first choice because the chairs are not comfy after about a half hour).

WTG on getting organized! And I wouldn't count the organizing items towards your scrappy supplies. So I think you're good!Image
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:50 am

Deanna13 wrote:Hey everyone! We made it back from our Caribbean Cruise and had a fantastic time. Been catching up on laundry and no time for scrapping yet. My older DD Marla's birthday is today. We also celebrated it on the ship with some of the crew singing Happy Birthday and a little cake.

Hope everyone is well here.

Good morning Deanna and welcome back!!! Glad you had a wonderful time
~ Brandy Williams ~

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 946

Post by emmapaige » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 am

Good afternoon Cherries - geeze Brandy and Carrie, I would never survive in that Texas heat!! 

I'm watching a Shimelle video and hope to continue working on the layout I started yesterday.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:01 pm

emmapaige wrote:Good afternoon Cherries - geeze Brandy and Carrie, I would never survive in that Texas heat!! 

I'm watching a Shimelle video and hope to continue working on the layout I started yesterday.

Heehee..that's why we hibernate!ImageImage
~ Brandy Williams ~

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Post by CarrieG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:12 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:hey Brandy....we use a salt gun to deter the grackles.......you do have to be a lil closer than with a sling shot but I don't have to worry about precision...lol

EEEEkkkkk!!! OMG...in the shade?? I'm surprised you didn't melt

I was in and out of the pool A L OT..LOL   did what our mama's always said not to do...wore my swim suit all day pretty much..LOL

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Post by CarrieG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:14 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
emmapaige wrote:Good afternoon Cherries - geeze Brandy and Carrie, I would never survive in that Texas heat!! 

I have soooooo much trouble staying inside tho....grrrrrrrrrrrrr  I will say that Brandys heat is much more humid than mine  we are sitting at 28% humidty right now.......

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1275

Post by scrapy1967 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:22 pm

Carrie I am the same way. Even when it’s super hot which it has been since May I can’t help but going outside. 

No scrapping today o day but I did spend time in my room this morning clean8ng up and putting stuff away that didn’t get done when I wa stone with it. I may go in after I rest and get started  on a layout. 
ImageImage 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1067

Post by beachlover » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Quick hi!!  Had to be ready for work early as the cleaners came at 7am.  At lunch time ran to get a card and wrap for bridal shower tonight.  Stopped home to eat real quick.  O. M. G.!!!  They scrubbed and cleaned EVERY - THANG!!!  
And my house smelled heavenly clean!!!  DH even commented and he does not make a fuss over anything!!  I have enough time to run home and shower, then off to future SIL's shower.  I do not want to leave my house, it is so nice!  

Have a great day all!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

CarrieG
Cherry Cola

Post by CarrieG » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:46 pm

beachlover wrote:Quick hi!!  Had to be ready for work early as the cleaners came at 7am.  At lunch time ran to get a card and wrap for bridal shower tonight.  Stopped home to eat real quick.  O. M. G.!!!  They scrubbed and cleaned EVERY - THANG!!!  
And my house smelled heavenly clean!!!  DH even commented and he does not make a fuss over anything!!  I have enough time to run home and shower, then off to future SIL's shower.  I do not want to leave my house, it is so nice!  

Have a great day all!

oh good golly I would love to have a cleaner come in just even ONCE.....sigh

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:54 pm

CarrieG wrote:
blbabe1234 wrote:

I have soooooo much trouble staying inside tho....grrrrrrrrrrrrr  I will say that Brandys heat is much more humid than mine  we are sitting at 28% humidty right now.......

Danggggg! And that's why I can't live up there. Anything below 40% gives me a headache and anything below 20% gives me a nosebleed.

Its 3pm and we are 93, Heat Index of 106. Humidity is 66%. And I can breathe...lol
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:00 pm

CarrieG wrote:
beachlover wrote:Quick hi!!  Had to be ready for work early as the cleaners came at 7am.  At lunch time ran to get a card and wrap for bridal shower tonight.  Stopped home to eat real quick.  O. M. G.!!!  They scrubbed and cleaned EVERY - THANG!!!  

Have a great day all!

oh good golly I would love to have a cleaner come in just even ONCE.....sigh

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1577

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:24 pm

I do NOT envy you your heat or humidity, Brandy and Carrie!  Well, maybe Carrie's humidity, lol.  Our average humidity is in the 60 to 70% range, it seems.  When it drops below 50% it is so much nicer outside.  Only been getting up to the low 90's, but with 70% humidity, that sucks!  Last night, the humidity dropped and it only is getting to the low 80's today. It seems so nice!  I am going outside on my deck to read, now that it is in the shade. :)

Haven't gotten any scrapping done in a week. Left last Friday for our anniversary trip up to Geneva-on-the-Lake.  Lots of wine tasting, good food, and relaxation. Since I got home I have been working on the online class I'm taking and let me tell you, it is not going quickly!  Each lesson is taking me about 3 hours...and that's 3 hours I could be scrapping!  Afterward, I don't even want to sit at the computer, but my studio is in such a mess, I can't get motivated to paper scrap, either. Guess cleaning and organizing needs to be next on the agenda!
Laura

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:42 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:I do NOT envy you your heat or humidity, Brandy and Carrie!  Well, maybe Carrie's humidity, lol.  Our average humidity is in the 60 to 70% range, it seems.  When it drops below 50% it is so much nicer outside.  Only been getting up to the low 90's, but with 70% humidity, that sucks!  Last night, the humidity dropped and it only is getting to the low 80's today. It seems so nice!  I am going outside on my deck to read, now that it is in the shade. :)

Haven't gotten any scrapping done in a week. Left last Friday for our anniversary trip up to Geneva-on-the-Lake.  Lots of wine tasting, good food, and relaxation. Since I got home I have been working on the online class I'm taking and let me tell you, it is not going quickly!  Each lesson is taking me about 3 hours...and that's 3 hours I could be scrapping!  Afterward, I don't even want to sit at the computer, but my studio is in such a mess, I can't get motivated to paper scrap, either. Guess cleaning and organizing needs to be next on the agenda!

Seems like we avg the same humidity wise. Right now anyways. Ours is 66%

Glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Sorry that online course is taking longer than expected. 3 hrs per lesson! Yikes! How many lessons are there?
~ Brandy Williams ~

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1577

Post by Art_Teacher » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 am

blbabe1234 wrote:

Seems like we avg the same humidity wise. Right now anyways. Ours is 66%

Glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Sorry that online course is taking longer than expected. 3 hrs per lesson! Yikes! How many lessons are there?
There are 15 and a 6-10 page paper that I have to write at the end. :(  I am on number 6...

Laura

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”