Scrap a Day, August 13th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2739

Scrap a Day, August 13th

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:05 am

Good morning cherries! I had a GREAT scrappy day yesterday. Not sure how I did it, but I did 6 pages (4 layouts in total - 2 were 2 pagers). I just had all this creative mojo flowing and I just kept trucking. Which is good. I really needed it. The girls were good for me, which helped. Plus DH was outside all day working on a wood working project. He built himself a wood rack, at different levels to keep all the wood stacked up neatly. He put casters on the bottom so he can wheel it around from his tool shed to whereever he needs it. Its pretty snazzy!

Who has scrappy plans for today? Me - not sure. I've got lots of work to do and I'm hoping to knock out a couple of things off of my to do list. Everything my client is needing should take me all week to do, so doubt I'll be ready to do an upgrade. We are still on baby watch. SIL was at 2cm Friday afternoon. Any day now!

How about you?
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 604

Re: Scrap a Day, August 13th

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 am

Happy Monday!  

It was a scrappy weekend for me too.  Just uploaded a couple to the gallery.  
It was too hot to do much else.
thank goodness today will be much cooler.  Maybe, I might do some baking.
We shall see.  And I need to clean up my space!  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:14 am

MTCanuk wrote:Happy Monday!  

It was a scrappy weekend for me too.  Just uploaded a couple to the gallery.  
It was too hot to do much else.
thank goodness today will be much cooler.  Maybe, I might do some baking.
We shall see.  And I need to clean up my space!  

I'm off to check out your work Leslee!

It was TOO hot yesterday and we were rained out Saturday.

If you choose to do some baking..whatcha gonna make? I like pies. And cookies. ImageImage
~ Brandy Williams ~

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 917

Post by CarrieG » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:06 am

bleh Monday....booooo hissss  LOL

im hoping to scrap tonight.....we will see...I need to clean my scrappy area during nap....I made a mess looking for something specific (that I never found..ha)

grey cooler day here....so at least its not sweltering and miserable.....

have a great Monday everyone!

Meli
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 137

Post by Meli » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 am

Good morning! Great job on the LOs ladies!

I did 2 LOs. Was very busy getting school shopping and all that done this weekend. Hope to do more because I really want to finish the MMCs by the deadline, but I also have a ton of homework this week. Crossing my fingers I can do it all!

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1577

Post by Art_Teacher » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:08 am

6 layouts...wow, Brandy!  I really want to scrap, because I have been cleaning in my studio for 4 days.  It is much better, but still not there, however, my table is clean and I know where my photos are, along with finding many awesome papers/embellies that I want to use.  lol  So, we will see what happens. :)  I do know that I have to get to the grocery today and do some laundry, too.  Right now, I am just happy dancing that in my area, all the teachers started today, except my school district!  We have 2 more weeks, and it is like Heaven! Image
Laura

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2525

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:09 am

Good job with all that scrapping, Brandy and Leslee!! Image

It's been a 'workout' kind of morning for me. First thing we went to Planet Fitness, then I took a walk outside while DH is sleeping. He worked night shift last night and I hope he gets a good sleep today. A couple of the grandkids may come up later.  I'm hoping to squeeze in a bit of scrapping and I need to finish up my ACOT order. Image

Have a great day, everyone!
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 111

Post by DN in MN » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:11 am

Good Morning :)  I got all of my 2014 photos in sleeves and about 1/2 have papers and some embellishments to go with them ready for the retreat or scrapping.  My next thing will be to organize and print 2015 photos.  This is gonna be hard as my first granddaughter arrived... lots of photos.  Hopefully, I will start on that this evening if time allows. 

I hope everyone has a great day!
 Image    Image   
2018 Goal ~ 50 layouts    Completed 39 layouts and 3 cards 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:23 am

CarrieG wrote:bleh Monday....booooo hissss  LOL

im hoping to scrap tonight.....we will see...I need to clean my scrappy area during nap....I made a mess looking for something specific (that I never found..ha)

grey cooler day here....so at least its not sweltering and miserable.....

have a great Monday everyone!

OMG! I hate when that happens. You turn your room upside down to find something. And you can't find it. Boo
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:26 am

Meli wrote:Good morning! Great job on the LOs ladies!

I did 2 LOs. Was very busy getting school shopping and all that done this weekend. Hope to do more because I really want to finish the MMCs by the deadline, but I also have a ton of homework this week. Crossing my fingers I can do it all!

Sorry about all the homework. Boo....real life always gets in the way of scrapping!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:32 am

Art_Teacher wrote:6 layouts...wow, Brandy!  I really want to scrap, because I have been cleaning in my studio for 4 days.  It is much better, but still not there, however, my table is clean and I know where my photos are, along with finding many awesome papers/embellies that I want to use.  lol  So, we will see what happens. :)  I do know that I have to get to the grocery today and do some laundry, too.  Right now, I am just happy dancing that in my area, all the teachers started today, except my school district!  We have 2 more weeks, and it is like Heaven! Image

When I clean/purge my scrappy stuff, it always makes me want to scrap because I find this and that and I"m like, Ooooo....I want to play
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:33 am

Deanna13 wrote:Good job with all that scrapping, Brandy and Leslee!! Image

It's been a 'workout' kind of morning for me. First thing we went to Planet Fitness, then I took a walk outside while DH is sleeping. He worked night shift last night and I hope he gets a good sleep today. A couple of the grandkids may come up later.  I'm hoping to squeeze in a bit of scrapping and I need to finish up my ACOT order. Image

Have a great day, everyone!

WTG Deanna! I hope your DH gets a good nights rest too. My dad used to work nights at the refinery.
~ Brandy Williams ~

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1061

Post by beachlover » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:52 am

Happy Monday Cherries!!

Wow, I had a great scrappy weekend too!!!  Was it the moon?  Something with the weather...  Yesterday was really hot and muggy here too.  DH was in the garage all day working on both cars from Friday night.
I helped him unload them then Harley and I spent the day between the scrap room, kitchen and back room - cleaning and reorganizing.  And I have made so much progress in the scrap room, still a lot to get put in there. 
BUT I also got 3 or 4 LO's done.  I would kick something out, put it on the shelf and dig right into the next one.  DH decided to come in, grab a shower and go to Salad Works for dinner.  I was still inn my scrap room when
he got back with dinner and kept on working!  Started getting dark so I turned on my little Ott light, finished one and started another!  LOL, it was after 7:30 when I crawled out and realized I was famished!  Ate, showered, had a 
well deserved glass of wine then went to bed!  I wish every day were like yesterday!!  

Today though, I think we will hit the grocery store and the produce market after work.  I cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday and we need food!  Then I can prep a few meals for the week.  Hopefully get a few minutes in my room again tonight!

Have a great day all!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:53 am

DN in MN wrote:Good Morning :)  I got all of my 2014 photos in sleeves and about 1/2 have papers and some embellishments to go with them ready for the retreat or scrapping.  My next thing will be to organize and print 2015 photos.  This is gonna be hard as my first granddaughter arrived... lots of photos.  Hopefully, I will start on that this evening if time allows. 

I hope everyone has a great day!

WTG on getting all those done for 2014!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:53 am

beachlover wrote:Happy Monday Cherries!!

Wow, I had a great scrappy weekend too!!!  Was it the moon?  Something with the weather...  Yesterday was really hot and muggy here too.  DH was in the garage all day working on both cars from Friday night.
I helped him unload them then Harley and I spent the day between the scrap room, kitchen and back room - cleaning and reorganizing.  And I have made so much progress in the scrap room, still a lot to get put in there. 
BUT I also got 3 or 4 LO's done.  I would kick something out, put it on the shelf and dig right into the next one.  DH decided to come in, grab a shower and go to Salad Works for dinner.  I was still inn my scrap room when
he got back with dinner and kept on working!  Started getting dark so I turned on my little Ott light, finished one and started another!  LOL, it was after 7:30 when I crawled out and realized I was famished!  Ate, showered, had a 
well deserved glass of wine then went to bed!  I wish every day were like yesterday!!  

Today though, I think we will hit the grocery store and the produce market after work.  I cleaned out the refrigerator yesterday and we need food!  Then I can prep a few meals for the week.  Hopefully get a few minutes in my room again tonight!

Have a great day all!

That's awesome Ann!
~ Brandy Williams ~

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 674

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:26 pm

Ooh, Brandy, send us a pic of his wood thingy! It's good he's so handy!  

I'm trying to keep my head about water this summer LOL! It's much easier to plan my work day during the school year when the schedules are not so............uh.........fluid??? LOL! I just uploaded 4 layouts that I've done this past week / weekend. I'm trying to get back in the swing of it. Today is so dark and dreary though, not great for my scrap area.
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 207

Post by traveler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:14 pm

Hi everyone! I've been out of town for a couple weeks, just got back. I have loads of new photos that I can scrap over the next few months. We went to Minnesota to watch my son play in a frisbee tournament and then we went to a lake resort near Geneva. We had a painter in to paint the hallways and stairwell while we were gone and he's still here finishing up so the house smells like paint. I can't scrap with this smell, but I can't do laundry either because that's in the painting area. The painting looks great and having him here while we were gone worked out really well. (I trust him, he has been here before). 
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:Ooh, Brandy, send us a pic of his wood thingy! It's good he's so handy!  

I'm trying to keep my head about water this summer LOL! It's much easier to plan my work day during the school year when the schedules are not so............uh.........fluid??? LOL! I just uploaded 4 layouts that I've done this past week / weekend. I'm trying to get back in the swing of it. Today is so dark and dreary though, not great for my scrap area.

I totally get that. I don't have kiddos in school, but DH works outside the home and when he's on vacay or its a holiday where he gets paid time off...gets a bit cray cray
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm

trainmom wrote:Hi everyone! I've been out of town for a couple weeks, just got back. I have loads of new photos that I can scrap over the next few months. We went to Minnesota to watch my son play in a frisbee tournament and then we went to a lake resort near Geneva. We had a painter in to paint the hallways and stairwell while we were gone and he's still here finishing up so the house smells like paint. I can't scrap with this smell, but I can't do laundry either because that's in the painting area. The painting looks great and having him here while we were gone worked out really well. (I trust him, he has been here before). 

Welcome back! Sorry about the house still smelling like paint. Eeeekk..that would giave me a headache
~ Brandy Williams ~

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 928

Post by emmapaige » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:16 pm

Good afternoon - we never left the house today.  There has been flash flooding all around us but now the sun is out - but it's supposed to storm again a little later.  So I had time to do this layout for the August Technique Challenge.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”