Scrap a Day, October 16th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2760

Scrap a Day, October 16th

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:37 am

Good morning cherries. I actually did get to scrap last night. I did the Sketch with a twist challenge. DH's company lost power due to the front that blew in. Temps dropped overall 45 degrees from the previous 24 hrs. Rain, hail and winds blowing 40mph here. Its like a mini Tropical Storm here. LOL.  I broke down and put socks on this morning. Boo! Woke up to 50 degrees, but with that wind and humidity (yes, we still have humidity), it feels like 37 degrees. So when I go outside and take the pups out, my feet are covered.

So, who has scrappy plans for today? Me - not sure. I did pull pics out for my next layout, and even cropped them. So that's a start.

How about you?
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

CarrieG
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 927

Re: Scrap a Day, October 16th

Post by CarrieG » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 am

good morning

I started a layout this morning (never got to starting it last night) but now its kiddo central.....hoping to finish it at naptime :)
this week is like the dumb middle of the month week that needs to not happen..LOL  tooooo much on my plate unintentionally...grrrrrr

wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 91

Post by wheeliegirl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 am

I'm gonna work on some of the challenges today. I haven't scrapped in months. Still having digestive issues. Get your gallbladder out everyone said....you'll feel better soon...blah blah blah.  Lies!  Oh well. I think I'm going to work on the pink challenge.  Love me some pink.
Donna

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 679

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 am

At this point, I am just trying to hang on til January ROFL!!!! I have lost track of how many manuscripts I have lol. I think 2 and waiting for one more. But I did 2 last week so...it's just a treadmill at this point. Plus between now and December 3 there is a high school open house, test, audition, or information fair every weekend and some weeknights. I don't know if I'm coming or going! On top of that the fridge is on the fritz and I am waiting for the landlord to send somebody today to check it out. Of course it couldn't do this last week before we did the month's worth of grocery shopping. And on top of all of that....for the first time in my 40 years of wearing glasses...I always had just the one pair on my face all the time. Now I have reading glasses and I can't get the hang of switching LOL! Or where they are. Or which ones I have on my face.  ;) :greenwinkb: :-D :greenwinkb:

So yeah I really need to scrap but not sure how much will happen. I do have a picture, sketch and supplies on my table so...at least it's a start. And technically my DT layout for Sketches in Thyme is due tomorrow so I have a good excuse LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 233

Post by Flasher » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 am

wheeliegirl wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:30 am
I'm gonna work on some of the challenges today. I haven't scrapped in months. Still having digestive issues. Get your gallbladder out everyone said....you'll feel better soon...blah blah blah.  Lies!  Oh well. I think I'm going to work on the pink challenge.  Love me some pink.

Sorry you haven't been feeling well!  Hope your issues get resolved soon. 
Right before I die, I'm going to swallow a bag of popcorn kernels.  My cremation is going to be EPIC!

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 233

Post by Flasher » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:41 am

I haven't done anything scrappy since June.  This summer was just rough on me and I'm just now starting to get back to myself.   I love me some pink and I'm sure I can come up with something for that challenge.    I'm also hoping to do the Halloween/Patterned Paper Challenge, which I stand a better chance at doing since the deadline is into November! My son's birthday is next week, so all my energy of late has been focused on that party.  (He's 18 . . . when the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks did that happen?)  I hope to have more free time after that!
Right before I die, I'm going to swallow a bag of popcorn kernels.  My cremation is going to be EPIC!

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:55 am

wheeliegirl wrote:

Oh no! Hope you feel better! Enjoy the pink challenge :) 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:56 am

Laura wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:41 am
I haven't done anything scrappy since June.  This summer was just rough on me and I'm just now starting to get back to myself.   I love me some pink and I'm sure I can come up with something for that challenge.    I'm also hoping to do the Halloween/Patterned Paper Challenge, which I stand a better chance at doing since the deadline is into November! My son's birthday is next week, so all my energy of late has been focused on that party.  (He's 18 . . . when the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks did that happen?)  I hope to have more free time after that!

My son turned 19 this summer. I'm wondering the same thing LOL! Shouldn't we still be close to 20 ourselves, bhahahaha!!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:40 am

CarrieG wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:11 am
good morning

I started a layout this morning (never got to starting it last night) but now its kiddo central.....hoping to finish it at naptime :)
this week is like the dumb middle of the month week that needs to not happen..LOL  tooooo much on my plate unintentionally...grrrrrr

Drink up girl! ;)
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:40 am

wheeliegirl wrote:

I'm sorry you still aren't 100%. Maybe scrapping will be helpful
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:42 am

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 am
At this point, I am just trying to hang on til January ROFL!!!! I have lost track of how many manuscripts I have lol. I think 2 and waiting for one more. But I did 2 last week so...it's just a treadmill at this point. Plus between now and December 3 there is a high school open house, test, audition, or information fair every weekend and some weeknights. I don't know if I'm coming or going! On top of that the fridge is on the fritz and I am waiting for the landlord to send somebody today to check it out. Of course it couldn't do this last week before we did the month's worth of grocery shopping. And on top of all of that....for the first time in my 40 years of wearing glasses...I always had just the one pair on my face all the time. Now I have reading glasses and I can't get the hang of switching LOL! Or where they are. Or which ones I have on my face.  ;) :greenwinkb: :-D :greenwinkb:

So yeah I really need to scrap but not sure how much will happen. I do have a picture, sketch and supplies on my table so...at least it's a start. And technically my DT layout for Sketches in Thyme is due tomorrow so I have a good excuse LOL!

Oh goodness!  Breathe, girl, just breathe!

When it rains, it pours. HUGS
~ Brandy Williams ~

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 am

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:42 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:

Thanks LOL! You know freelancing is feast or famine. I should learn to "enjoy" the famines instead of being anxious about never working again LOL! Right now the guys are here working on the fridge so I can't really go scrap at the moment. Hopefully later!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Deanna13
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 2569

Post by Deanna13 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 am

Morning everyone!! Had a dental checkup today and all is well! YIPPEE! :-D

My grandkids' Fall sports are now finished so we have alittle break until basketball and wrestling begin. I really need a break from all the drama that DGD Kaylee has had with Volleyball this season as her coach is horrible and plays politics. She was not treated fairly at all and in fact was treated miserably! My heart aches when the grandkids are mistreated. I don't think I've slept well for the past 2 months with all my worries. grrrr..........

So, I'm planning on scrapping the day away, but DH is home so we'll see. I need to get an order ready for ACOT.

Have a good day, all!
Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:00 pm

Laura wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:41 am

Wow! Happy early birthday to your son!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:09 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 am
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:42 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:

Thanks LOL! You know freelancing is feast or famine. I should learn to "enjoy" the famines instead of being anxious about never working again LOL! Right now the guys are here working on the fridge so I can't really go scrap at the moment. Hopefully later! 

I totally get it. Right now we are in "feast" mode. I love that paycheck but my goodness...my sanity some days
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:12 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:50 am
Morning everyone!! Had a dental checkup today and all is well! YIPPEE! :-D

My grandkids' Fall sports are now finished so we have alittle break until basketball and wrestling begin. I really need a break from all the drama that DGD Kaylee has had with Volleyball this season as her coach is horrible and plays politics. She was not treated fairly at all and in fact was treated miserably! My heart aches when the grandkids are mistreated. I don't think I've slept well for the past 2 months with all my worries. grrrr..........

So, I'm planning on scrapping the day away, but DH is home so we'll see. I need to get an order ready for ACOT.

Have a good day, all!

Glad you had a good dental today. Sorry your DGD has a $%*&^$$ coach
~ Brandy Williams ~

MTCanuk
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 627

Post by MTCanuk » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:16 pm

wheeliegirl wrote:

Oh, I get this.  I had mine out a little over a year ago and things are much better, but I still have issues too.  I don't eat anything fried, and no pork- they for sure set me over the edge and have me not feeling well.  Hang in there and I hope things improve for you too.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Meli
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 137

Post by Meli » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:38 pm

I'm sorry everyone for being so AWOL lately!

I've been incredibly busy. Work is crazy, school is crazy. I'm 34 weeks pregnant now, doc says I will not be permitted to go past my due date and will be induced before it. Trying to get ready for baby but have SO MANY THINGS left to do.

I wanted to thank everyone for their lovely comments and I LOVE the submissions on my challenges! I wish I had more time to comment on each one, I am super behind and hope to get to it soon. Thank you all so very much!

I have scrapped (1) completed page this month. I wanted to do a lot more than that, but that is life! I'm just hoping for some time to rest let alone scrap at this point. I'm getting cranky and tired and am very much looking forward to having the baby!

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 944

Post by emmapaige » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Good afternoon! Rough night for me last night so I am really dragging today.  But we have eye appointments this afternoon so I'm all showered, made-up and ready to go!

I never found a chance to upload this layout for the Use Your Stash Challenge.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

wheeliegirl
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 91

Post by wheeliegirl » Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:08 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:16 pm
wheeliegirl wrote:

Oh, I get this.  I had mine out a little over a year ago and things are much better, but I still have issues too.  I don't eat anything fried, and no pork- they for sure set me over the edge and have me not feeling well.  Hang in there and I hope things improve for you too.   

Thanks Leslee!
Donna

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”