Jump-starting - anyone with me?

Moderator: ACOT Employee

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 242

Jump-starting - anyone with me?

Post by traveler » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:20 am

I barely scrapped in November and December, just DT assignments and necessary cards - and maybe one other layout each month. So, new month, new year, new photos, I want to get back into it again. 

To get going, I did the following:

Instead of writing down all the challenges, I only wrote down the few that will best motivate me. (I can always go back and write the others down later).

I printed photos from only one thing - but then I was motivated by a sketch challenge to do different specific photos, so I printed those.

So, now I have photos, a sketch, cold weather, and I plan to scrap. 

I noticed in the 30/15 thread, a lot of you said you needed to get going again. What are you doing?
Louise
My Blog: Wide World of Scraps

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 722

Re: Jump-starting - anyone with me?

Post by scrappinmom99 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:28 am

I also only did a few layouts & cards since Thanksgiving. Right now I am in the process of really cleaning my scrap area. It was a hot mess. I'm trying to purge a little too. Not a super big process, but just as my dad would say, "Give it a lick and promise to come back." I'm finding some things that I'd really like to get used up so I'm going to let those things motivate the process. I had wanted to print out beach vacation (2012 lol) pictures from Shutterfly but was getting error messages uploading them so I guess I will just keep working on the myriad of pictures I have here. No shortage there.  :greenwinkb: 

Also for me, it's been an issue of time / time management. Christmas and two birthdays and being sick for most of December (still getting over the cough) and freelancing (usually I take time off at the holidays but I didn't this year because baby needed a new electric bass guitar rofl) and kids being home from school threw all schedules/routines out the window. DD is back at school but DS doesn't go back til next week so...I'm hoping to have my space cleaned and get really back into it by next week!

Looking forward to seeing all the other ways cherries are getting motivated to get back into it too. 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 989

Post by CarrieG » Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:42 am

my issue is really more about time than motivation.....I just don't have the time I would have say in summer............I have my daycare kiddos (one of which I did NOT get a holiday break from..LOL)  we were sick all of December and just so much going on....I also don't have TONS of pics....I just haven't been taking lots consistently (nor have we done anything exciting or noteworthy lately..ha)
I also found that I was getting frustrated trying to make something always work for a challenge...........so ive resolved to just scrap and if it fits a challenge so be it but for the most part I am not going to use the challenges as my sole motivation.......
I would like to carve out more time somehow tho 

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1074

Post by beachlover » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:10 pm

I am ashamed to say my large rolling tote bag is still mostly packed from the crop I went to the first weekend in November!!
So, I need to get that unpacked and all the extra junk out of my scrap room so I can move in there again.  I also just signed up for a crop next Saturday and got a friend to go with me!  It is at a new place.  More $ than I would like to spend, but maybe this will be good motivation!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 511

Post by Linda S. » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:31 pm

I fell in a busy month slump...  Bob with his cataract surgery we got the right eye done and then the day before his left eye was supposed to get done, they called and canceled because of a snowstorm.  Now if we don't get another snowstorm his surgery will be this Thursday.  December was a busy month, running to doctors with him and then after the eye surgery, it was going back for checkups. Then to the dermatologist and he was told he needs a basal cell removed from his face which got pushed further into January because he was supposed to have surgery on that this Thursday the day of his cataract surgery and is now changed to the 21st. So this will be another busy month. I am finishing up on a counted cross stitch afghan which I am tired of and need to get done as our little great granddaughter is two months already.  Besides having a few other things on the calendar such as teeth work for me. I'm tired just thinking of all these appointments.  :)

I have pictures, I have paper... I just need motivation and time. LOL!  

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 668

Post by pawprints » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:17 pm

From Thanksgiving on it was super crazy busy for me. There was no time for anything. I scrapped one page for my December Music Challenge and after that I was off and running. I left a mess behind me on my scrap tables/desk, on my dining room table, and on my kitchen table. Lol. The dining room table was cleaned up just in time for Christmas Dinner. So that's been done. My desk/scrappy table, not so much. And my kitchen table still needs work. I am proud to say that all Christmas decorations and the tree were taken down and put away on New Year's Day. So yay for that. I put everything else on hold until I got my layout done and two new challenges up. Layout and Music Challenge went up yesterday, Graphic Design Challenge went up today, and I just closed out last month's Music Challenge. I am now working on closing out last month's Graphic Design Challenge, and then I will move on to the rest of my clean up. I plan to scrap a lot this month. At least I hope to be able to. For me it is time too. I also have a lot of new stamps that I want to use, and I want to use my die cutting machines more and also learn some new techniques. I need to make the time work for me because I have more pictures than I will ever be able to scrap. I print my own pictures so that is good and of course when I go digital I don't have to print them. Three grandchildren and I still have baby pics of ALL of them to scrap. I'm am so glad I stopped scrapping chronologically years ago. Otherwise I would never catch up and be able to scrap the "now". I need to scrap the present too while the memories are still fresh. I realized I can add the pages chronologically to my albums whenever they are completed. This gives me the push to just scrap whatever pics I want to scrap at any given moment. But it also puts me way behind on my albums. Can't win lol. So once I get my mess cleaned up I plan to scrap and get back to working on baby and puppy albums. Along with some "now" stuff mixed in between.

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2826

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Life has gotten crazy busy here. Not including work, I now babysit my nephew several days a month from 5:30am to 4:30pm. Meaning if he naps, I can work, if not, I have to work "when I can". Various family members just this last few days have had medical issues arise and so we have been dealing with emergency surgeries, my grandfather spending New Years in the hospital and now my mother has had a bad time the past 2 months. Scrapping has defninetly taken a back seat.

I did take advantage of the After Christmas Sale here and that arrived last week. Sadly, I barely opened it up yesterday. I've also ordered pics from Shutterfly 2 separate times. ONe is on the way, and the other one arrived last week. Again...haven't opened it until yesterday.

I do have my girls coming over the weekend of Jan 19th to scrap. That is when I know I'll get SOMETHING done.
Last edited by blbabe1234 on Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1069

Post by emmapaige » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:49 pm

I had hoped to get much more done in December and January is getting off to a slow start but I hope to pick up speed in a day or two.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImageImage

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 159

Post by DN in MN » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:30 pm

I need to prioritize my time better.  I have a room where I can leave a layout out plus the supplies.  No excuses other than life happening around me which is a good thing :)  I have a goal set of 100 layouts so I feel 2 a week will get me there and then some.  With that, I have set aside time during the evenings and Wednesday for scrapping.  BF is on board and said he will help with some of the chores, if needed... I am blessed.

I also need to stop watching youtube and shopping... just scrap, lol.  
 Image    Image   

2019 -  30/100 layouts

debamas
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 228

Post by debamas » Tue Jan 08, 2019 2:47 am

I'm laying in bed with tv on, and what comes on? HSN showing crafts! Trying to get some rooms switched around for me and my son, being so slow with it but to think that I could maybe dust off my scrappy supplies, if I get myself going on these rooms. I do miss it. I need motivation. I need a jumpstart in several areas! Hey, it's a new year, so ready for a change. 
Debbie

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 25

Post by Monroe1218 » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:50 am

I had all of these grand plans  for the new year... I had already written out a plan of how I was going to do the weekly household stuff so I would be able to fit extra dedicated scrappy time into my day.  Then life happened.  My boss ( :greenmad: ) decided that I needed to go to a different facility to work (it's about a 90 minute drive each way) and the notice came at 4pm on Friday - the change happened yesterday.  Needless to say, I am not happy about that because it cuts into any free time I have.... and my sister got admitted to the hospital on Sunday so we have Grayson all the time for now.... I'm trying to figure out how to manage my time that I don't really have.... I'm hoping to scrapbook over the weekend! 
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 6/100
December Daily - 85% complete!
Cards - 8/24

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by traveler » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:06 am

The double page sketch challenge is the easiest for me, so I did that one first. And I covered an entire place that we visited with one layout, so that's a good way to start my year. 

I have a bunch of other photos that I have printed, and it's rainy day here, so maybe I can start something else and finish it tomorrow. 
Louise

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 737

Post by MTCanuk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 pm

I am working on this Louise.  I scrapped last Friday and Sat. just cause I was worn out from working and taking down all the holiday stuff.  I already had all my photo for my December 2014 in the book.  I was doing it Project Life style.  I added all the papers and embellishments and got it finished over those 2 days.  Great start to the new year. Yesterday I started working on a couple of layouts I had pre assembled back in the fall.  Found some photos that worked.  Finished one double layout and almost another.  Then the grandkids arrived, which ended that.  I am no good to work in the evening.  Need better light and by then I am just too tired.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

Post by sdwhru » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:31 pm

I'm in - I need a kick in the butt, between vacation in December; the holidays; straining my back and left hip to where I could barely sit my scrapping has been on the side.

I'm in my room now actually working on a small project  :-D
ImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am

I still have a ways to go with purging / reorganizing my scrap area. (KonMari, anyone?? :greenwinkb: ) But the table is cleared off and I'm working bit by bit. I really want to get back to scrapping though. I can't wait for a spotless craft area LOL! I had found a few collections and paper packs that were almost used up. I put them out on my table and am determined to be done with them soon. I am working on a page with the remnants (2 full sheets and a bunch of scraps) of one paper pack that I've had literally longer than DD has been alive ROFL!!! So that will be my first layout of 2019. It's also a DT assignment so I'm multitasking LOL!  :greenwinkb:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

traveler
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by traveler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 am

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am
I  I am working on a page with the remnants (2 full sheets and a bunch of scraps) of one paper pack that I've had literally longer than DD has been alive ROFL!!!  :greenwinkb:

That's a long time.

I did another one using one of the sketches from the book challenge. Those are really good motivators for me, so I will be doing a few more of those. 
Louise

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:12 am

trainmom wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am
I  I am working on a page with the remnants (2 full sheets and a bunch of scraps) of one paper pack that I've had literally longer than DD has been alive ROFL!!!  :greenwinkb:

That's a long time.

I did another one using one of the sketches from the book challenge. Those are really good motivators for me, so I will be doing a few more of those.  
Quite LOL! It was a Colorbok paper pack that I think I got at Target in the dollar section when they used to have scrap supplies. Is Colorbok even still around?

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”