Scrap a Day, June 14th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 685

Scrap a Day, June 14th

Post by pawprints » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:52 pm

Hey Cherries. The rain stopped and it is a nice sunny, breezy 71 degrees! Yay! Today is my day with my mom and we are going to M's because I want to get my dd one of those tall rainbow drawer carts that they have for her birthday. Her and I were in M's together a few months ago and she told me how much she loves them and when she could afford it she was going to get one, so I am going to surprise her and get it for her for her birthday, which is next week. And I have a 50% off any one item coupon that I am going to use for it! So I am excited to be getting that for her today. And you know I will also be walking around looking at other things too lol. You can't go in to M's for just one thing. Ever!

So who is scrapping today? I won't be since I'll be out. But I'll be in M's so that counts for doing something scrappy, doesn't it? Lol. Hope you all have a great day!

Oh and dd and sil are married 5 years today!! I can't believe it has been 5 years already!

Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1133

Re: Scrap a Day, June 14th

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 pm

It is sunny and breezy and beautiful here too!  However, I haven't even left the house today.  Yesterday I spent most of the day at the ER was DH.  When he was at his cardiologist appointment a couple of weeks ago and complained he gets lightheaded, dizzy and fell twice recently, the doctor wanted him to have blood work since he has a history of low hemoglobin and wanted to see if it had dropped even more.  It had dropped slightly so he had my DH start iron supplements.  A few day after starting the supplements, his stools turned a dark black.  About three years ago on Thanksgiving he had black stools, was very lightheaded and my son-in-law insisted we take him to the ER. Turned out he was experiencing bleeding ulcers and internal bleeding.

So when he started having these symptoms yesterday, he called his cardiologist who told him to go to the ER.  After multiple tests including a CT scan and he was released to come home because they couldn't find any internal bleeding. 

I'm so glad he is home and okay but I don't feel like doing much of anything today.  I am starting to pack for a crop tomorrow but I'm even having trouble deciding what I want to take.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1076

Post by CarrieG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm

ugh  no scrappy time the last couple of days...and I was on such a roll...grrrrrrrrr
but im hoping this evening to finish up a layout and start another...

we are going to be HOT tomorrow so I will prob split my time between the pool and scrapping :)

this has been the longest week eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer  bleh

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 167

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 pm

Barb, enjoy your outing and Happy Anniversary to your DD and SIL.  

Chris, so sorry to hear about your DH.  I hope everything works itself out and that you get some motivation for your crop.

Carrie, it has been the longest week!  Not to wish time away but I would like to be home already, lol!  

For me.. working now and when I get home, BF and I are going to eat a quick dinner and then head out to run some errands so we can just enjoy our Saturday.

Have a great rest of the day and evening!
 Image    Image   

2019 -  35/100 layouts

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1626

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 pm

No actual scrapping for me, today, but I finished printing, trimming, and putting together an album I am giving to one of my former students for a wedding gift. :) It has 20 pre-designed pages for her to add her special photos. I hope she likes it!

So sorry to hear your husband isn't feeling well, Chris. Everyone have a fantastic weekend! :) Today is probably our nicest day. Cool, breezy, and sunny, but at least it isn't raining! We are in for a good chance of rain everyday for the next week....enough, already! I live at a Lake community, don't want to live in the Lake!
Laura

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1293

Post by scrapy1967 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:11 pm

No scrappy plans for a while. We had to rush my mom to the ER yesterday. She is 92 and stubborn as an ox. She’s been sick off and on for a month or so but if you ask her no I’m fine now and she’d be out working in her yard. She has a severe UTI, stage three Sepsis and was dehydrated. The day before she was doing yard work so you see it’s very hard to take care of someone that won’t let you. She will be there a while. They’ve run a ton of tests and did an MRI, cat scan to check for damage to her organs.
ImageImage 

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1076

Post by CarrieG » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 pm

scrapy1967 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:11 pm
No scrappy plans for a while. We had to rush my mom to the ER yesterday. She is 92 and stubborn as an ox. She’s been sick off and on for a month or so but if you ask her no I’m fine now and she’d be out working in her yard. She has a severe UTI, stage three Sepsis and was dehydrated. The day before she was doing yard work so you see it’s very hard to take care of someone that won’t let you. She will be there a while. They’ve run a ton of tests and did an MRI, cat scan to check for damage to her organs.

oh no!  hope your mom is able to bounce back soon!!!  hugs

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1293

Post by scrapy1967 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:21 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:19 pm
scrapy1967 wrote:

oh no!  hope your mom is able to bounce back soon!!!  hugs

Thank you! We are praying.
ImageImage 

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:35 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 pm
It is sunny and breezy and beautiful here too!  However, I haven't even left the house today.  Yesterday I spent most of the day at the ER was DH.  When he was at his cardiologist appointment a couple of weeks ago and complained he gets lightheaded, dizzy and fell twice recently, the doctor wanted him to have blood work since he has a history of low hemoglobin and wanted to see if it had dropped even more.  It had dropped slightly so he had my DH start iron supplements.  A few day after starting the supplements, his stools turned a dark black.  About three years ago on Thanksgiving he had black stools, was very lightheaded and my son-in-law insisted we take him to the ER. Turned out he was experiencing bleeding ulcers and internal bleeding.

So when he started having these symptoms yesterday, he called his cardiologist who told him to go to the ER.  After multiple tests including a CT scan and he was released to come home because they couldn't find any internal bleeding. 

I'm so glad he is home and okay but I don't feel like doing much of anything today.  I am starting to pack for a crop tomorrow but I'm even having trouble deciding what I want to take.

Chris I am so sorry all the issues your dh has been having. So many ((hugs)). I know what it is like to worry about your dh so much.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:37 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:11 pm
ugh  no scrappy time the last couple of days...and I was on such a roll...grrrrrrrrr
but im hoping this evening to finish up a layout and start another...

we are going to be HOT tomorrow so I will prob split my time between the pool and scrapping :)

this has been the longest week eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeer  bleh

I hope you do get to scrap! And cool off in your pool too!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:39 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:28 pm
Barb, enjoy your outing and Happy Anniversary to your DD and SIL.  

Chris, so sorry to hear about your DH.  I hope everything works itself out and that you get some motivation for your crop.

Carrie, it has been the longest week!  Not to wish time away but I would like to be home already, lol!  

For me.. working now and when I get home, BF and I are going to eat a quick dinner and then head out to run some errands so we can just enjoy our Saturday.

Have a great rest of the day and evening!

Hope you get all your errands done and have a great Saturday!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:41 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 pm
No actual scrapping for me, today, but I finished printing, trimming, and putting together an album I am giving to one of my former students for a wedding gift. :) It has 20 pre-designed pages for her to add her special photos. I hope she likes it!

So sorry to hear your husband isn't feeling well, Chris. Everyone have a fantastic weekend! :) Today is probably our nicest day. Cool, breezy, and sunny, but at least it isn't raining! We are in for a good chance of rain everyday for the next week....enough, already! I live at a Lake community, don't want to live in the Lake!

What a special gift you are making! She is going to love it!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:45 pm

scrapy1967 wrote:

Omg I hope she is ok! My gosh they can be so stubborn sometimes. Many ((hugs)).

Image Image Image Image

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 562

Post by sherelm » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:02 am

I spent my day inside, too. My sister had an endoscope done To check her stomach, and they biopsied one part that looked like it had a bacterial infection. So I sorted pictures all day, and watched the puppy, and the older dog was lounging with us. So no scrapping,but hope to get some done tomorrow.

Sorry for all the health issues, hope everyone gets back to good health soon.

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Sat Jun 15, 2019 1:42 pm

sherelm wrote:
Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:02 am
I spent my day inside, too. My sister had an endoscope done To check her stomach, and they biopsied one part that looked like it had a bacterial infection. So I sorted pictures all day, and watched the puppy, and the older dog was lounging with us. So no scrapping,but hope to get some done tomorrow.

Sorry for all the health issues, hope everyone gets back to good health soon.
Hope your sister is ok Sher!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”