Scrap a Day, June 16th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Post Reply
User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 33490
Layouts: 703
Location: Long Island, NY

Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by pawprints » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:15 pm

Hey Cherries. Another day of no scrapping for me. DD and family will be over later. My plan is to BBQ chicken but I don't think the weather is going to hold up as it is supposed to be raining by then, so I am going to have to come up with a plan B. I am running out to the supermarket to pick up some things and also going to the golf course to pick up a GC for the driving range for my sil for Father's Day. He loves going there. So I'll pick that up and a Carvel ice cream cake for tonight. Also going to the cemetery to visit my dad's grave and plant a small hibiscus plant. I plant one there every year because he always loved the big one we gave him once for Father's Day and he used to bring it inside every winter and then brought it out in the summers and put it right next to his swing. So I bring him one every year on Father's Day.

A very Happy Father's Day to all the Cherry dads, all the Cherry dh's that are dads, Cherry sons that are dads, etc. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 7969
Layouts: 1109
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by CarrieG » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:11 pm

no real big fathers day plans here today....youngest gave DH some prezzies from her and middle married DD....oldest DD had to go to a *thing* at her dh's family.....
its overcast but warm here today....we are all just kinda chilling...ha

I don't care for this day much... my dad passed away almost 9 yrs ago and I get sad....I always spent lots of time finding just the right lil gift etc.....sigh

im working on a layout.....would like to finish it and work on a 2nd one....time will tell :)

User avatar
JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4335
Layouts: 354
Location: Indiana

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by JillinIN » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm

I did a layout for DH's anniversary album, that's now three years overdue. He went to visit his dad and when he got there, found out they were taking his step-mom to hospice. She passed away a couple hours after they got her there.
Jill
 ImageImage

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 33490
Layouts: 703
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by pawprints » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:20 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:11 pm
no real big fathers day plans here today....youngest gave DH some prezzies from her and middle married DD....oldest DD had to go to a *thing* at her dh's family.....
its overcast but warm here today....we are all just kinda chilling...ha

I don't care for this day much... my dad passed away almost 9 yrs ago and I get sad....I always spent lots of time finding just the right lil gift etc.....sigh

im working on a layout.....would like to finish it and work on a 2nd one....time will tell :)

((Hugs)) Carrie. My dad passed 4 and a half years ago and his birthday is the 26th of this month so I get sad when I am in the stores and I see things I would have gotten him. And all the "dad and grad" ads you see everywhere get to me because Party City was always mobbed with people getting graduation decorations when I would go to get his birthday party supplies. Sigh.
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 33490
Layouts: 703
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by pawprints » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:21 pm

JillinIN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm
I did a layout for DH's anniversary album, that's now three years overdue. He went to visit his dad and when he got there, found out they were taking his step-mom to hospice. She passed away a couple hours after they got her there.

That's so sad Jill.
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12493
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by sherelm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm

JillinIN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm
I did a layout for DH's anniversary album, that's now three years overdue. He went to visit his dad and when he got there, found out they were taking his step-mom to hospice. She passed away a couple hours after they got her there.


So sorry to hear this. I hate when things hit holidays, they are never celebrations any more. My dad passed in 2003 at Father's Day, my mother had a massive heart attack out of the blue, and died on her 71st birthday.

User avatar
sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 12493
Layouts: 575
Location: Between Hershey and Harrisburg PA

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by sherelm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:34 pm

And while I understand why people say it, or do it, I just hate when people post on social media Happy Father's day to their dad in heaven. Mines there as well, and it makes the day worse.

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 33490
Layouts: 703
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by pawprints » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm

sherelm wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm
JillinIN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm
I did a layout for DH's anniversary album, that's now three years overdue. He went to visit his dad and when he got there, found out they were taking his step-mom to hospice. She passed away a couple hours after they got her there.


So sorry to hear this. I hate when things hit holidays, they are never celebrations any more. My dad passed in 2003 at Father's Day, my mother had a massive heart attack out of the blue, and died on her 71st birthday.    
My dad went into the hospital on Thanksgiving Day 2014 and passed a few days later on December 1st. Christmas was a fog for all of us that year. That sadness is always a part of our holidays now.
 
Image

 Image Image Image Image
 

User avatar
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 7969
Layouts: 1109
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by CarrieG » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:44 pm

pawprints wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:39 pm
sherelm wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm
JillinIN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm
I did a layout for DH's anniversary album, that's now three years overdue. He went to visit his dad and when he got there, found out they were taking his step-mom to hospice. She passed away a couple hours after they got her there.


So sorry to hear this. I hate when things hit holidays, they are never celebrations any more. My dad passed in 2003 at Father's Day, my mother had a massive heart attack out of the blue, and died on her 71st birthday.     
My dad went into the hospital on Thanksgiving Day 2014 and passed a few days later on December 1st. Christmas was a fog for all of us that year. That sadness is always a part of our holidays now.
  

my dad passed away on DH's and my wedding anniversary....Nov 6th  so it has made that a sad day and kicks off sad holidays...thanksgiving Christmas etc.........I spend end of Oct thru end of Jan in a major funk :(  this year I gained lots of funk fat....sighhhhhhh

User avatar
JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Posts: 4335
Layouts: 354
Location: Indiana

Re: Scrap a Day, June 16th

Post by JillinIN » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:32 pm

sherelm wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:32 pm
JillinIN wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:53 pm
I did a layout for DH's anniversary album, that's now three years overdue. He went to visit his dad and when he got there, found out they were taking his step-mom to hospice. She passed away a couple hours after they got her there.


So sorry to hear this. I hate when things hit holidays, they are never celebrations any more. My dad passed in 2003 at Father's Day, my mother had a massive heart attack out of the blue, and died on her 71st birthday. 
That's so hard. I'm so sorry. I know it's been a while, but I'm sure both days are doubly hard for you.
 
Jill
 ImageImage

Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”