Poll: favorite adhesive

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Layouts: 506

Poll: favorite adhesive

Post by Rachel Kent » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:58 pm

What is your all time favorite adhesive?
Why?

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 166

Re: Poll: favorite adhesive

Post by DN in MN » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:00 pm

My scotch adhesive for my ATG gun... Holds well and is reasonably priced :)  A close second would be the Tombow liquid in the white bottle.  That stuff sticks!
 Image    Image   

2019 -  34/100 layouts

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 840

Post by lissahope26 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 pm

Tombow MONO permanent adhesive runner
It's my favorite because it's permanent yet I can still move things around on my page.  It's easy to clean up the excess.  I can find refills at the big box stores.  I've tried others (cheaper ones) and this is still my personal favorite.  I go through a lot of it.  I had the large xyron and it would get wasted because the tape would bunch up.  I tried cheaper and it would just rip my cardstock. 

For smaller items like sequins, I like
Melissa H.ImageImage

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 26

Post by Monroe1218 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:21 pm

The 1/4" gold ATG tape for the ATG 714.  I love my ATG gun/adhesive because of the amount on a roll, how well it actually holds and that it's not messy!
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 6/100
December Daily - 85% complete!
Cards - 8/24

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 2889

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:35 pm

I use this Tombow for most everything! :-D

Image ImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1054

Post by CarrieG » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:46 pm

I have two

I buy the elmers tape runner/refills at the blue big box store....
my alllll time favo is scrapbook adhesives ez runner tho but they are a tich spendy so I try and stock up when I canImage

Tammey
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 928

Post by Tammey » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:04 pm

Scor Pal

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1622

Post by Art_Teacher » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:04 pm

I like Tombow Mono Tape Runner adhesive in Permanent because of ease of use, and it sticks pretty well!
Laura

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1428

Post by joannie » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Scotch ATG tape and Scotch Tacky glue :greeninlove:

sdwhru
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 342

Post by sdwhru » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Thanks to Sher, I love scrappy glue - hate the bottle - so I split it up into smaller fine tip bottles
ImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1109

Post by emmapaige » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:42 pm

After watching Shimelle's videos, I switched to the adhesive she recently started using.  It's called Kokuyo and right now the only place I can find it is Amazon but would LOVE if ACOT started carrying it.  I absolutely love this adhesive.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 315

Post by wimom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Different adhesives for different things! I use a couple of different glue pens and a variety of glue dots, but my main, go-to adhesive is the Scrapbook Adhesives tape runner.
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 521

Post by Linda S. » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:24 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:00 pm
My scotch adhesive for my ATG gun... Holds well and is reasonably priced :)  A close second would be the Tombow liquid in the white bottle.  That stuff sticks!

I use both of these too! Both are my faves!

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 681

Post by pawprints » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 pm

My favorite is my little Therm-o-web tape runner XL. I love that little thing. For glueing down embellies I also thank Sher for Scrappy Glue. I too don't like the bottle but I just take the top off and use a very long toothpick to get the glue just where I want it. I also use Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue when I want something to hold fast. I use the long toothpicks for that too.

Image Image Image Image

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 248

Post by Flasher » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm

This is my go to.  I love that, despite the fact that it is ultimately permanent, there is some play in it for a few minutes if you make a mistake!  In fact, I just ordered three refills!

I hate it when I'm singing a song and someone corrects me.  Damn Dude!  What if I was free styling? 

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 681

Post by pawprints » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:36 pm

Laura wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:35 pm
This is my go to.  I love that, despite the fact that it is ultimately permanent, there is some play in it for a few minutes if you make a mistake!  In fact, I just ordered three refills!

That's what I like about my Therm-o-web tape runner too. I have an ATG gun but it is not forgiving at all. I don't use it very much any more.

Image Image Image Image

Krystle
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 288

Post by Krystle » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:47 pm

My go to adhesive for paper is scotch double sided tape, my go to glue for smaller embellishments is Ranger's matte medium, and I also use plenty of mini glue dots and pop dots!

JAire
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 168

Post by JAire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:11 pm

My favorite is Yes! Paste. It beats everything I've ever used. It allows time to adjust placement, it doesn't warp the paper because it isn't wet like liquid glues, once dry it will not let go - for years. I apply with a pallet knife sparingly along the edges of the papers and photos, therefore it lasts for a very long time. It is the perfect choice for chipboard projects because of it's holding power over time.
I used to use tiny Glue Dots for embellishments like sequins or pearls, now I use a bottle of Dries Clear and I've found it holds extremely well. I've only been using it for less than a year so can't say how it holds up over the years. I've also started using Dries Clear for the delicate die cuts that have a lot of thin lines to stick to the page. A tiny dab goes a long way also.
Last edited by JAire on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyce Ann

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 273

Post by LoreenC » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:31 pm

I cannot decide which tape runner I like best, so my favorite all time, so far glue is my Ivy Hollow ScrapFusion permanent adhesive! I have bought huge bottles of it !, it comes in a needle tip and I use it on all my embellishments. Its non-toxic, non-hardening, never brittle , non-acidic and dries clear!
However on my trip to WA in December 2017 to care for my Dad we stayed at a motel and I had my scrap tote in the car and a bottle of it froze! Ruined ! Don’t freeze! LOL
ImageImageImage

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 224

Post by karensay » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:44 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:42 pm
After watching Shimelle's videos, I switched to the adhesive she recently started using.  It's called Kokuyo and right now the only place I can find it is Amazon but would LOVE if ACOT started carrying it.  I absolutely love this adhesive.
Chris, I have been using the Kokuyo Dot roller for many years.  Even when they stopped selling them here, i had stocked up on refills.  I used the blue Scotch dot roller when I ran out, but then found the Kokuyo refills through a Japanese website.  I just ordered some more refills from Amazon 2 days ago!  I love the dot rollers because I can rub them off the dots with my finger if I get it in the wrong place.

Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”