Scrap a Day, June 19th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 680

Scrap a Day, June 19th

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:14 pm

Hey Cherries. How is everyone today? Anybody scrapping? I actually started a digital layout last night for one of Laura's MMC challenges. I got pretty far with it and it is almost ready to post. I have nothing going on today, the weather is dreary and more rain is expected, so I am in for the day! DH is watching the Yankee game and I am scrapping!

Hope you all are having a great day!

Image Image Image Image

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 26

Re: Scrap a Day, June 19th

Post by Monroe1218 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm

It's rainy and dreary here too.... I'm at work until 430 - then heading home for a little while before going to small group at church.  I don't know if I will have time to scrap today or not - but I certainly hope to. 
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 6/100
December Daily - 85% complete!
Cards - 8/24

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 771

Post by MTCanuk » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:01 pm

Super windy here and overcast.
Trying to get myself back in the groove since driving to the coast and back.
Took the granddaughter out to spend a week with her auntie. I’ve been missing since Friday.
Got the floors mopped this morning, having a sandwich and then plan to do some scrapping.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1103

Post by emmapaige » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:04 pm

It's been raining off and on most the of the day so I've stayed home and did a DT assignment and now want to start on an ACOT challenge.  I just have to figure which one!! 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:45 pm

Monroe1218 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:48 pm
It's rainy and dreary here too.... I'm at work until 430 - then heading home for a little while before going to small group at church.  I don't know if I will have time to scrap today or not - but I certainly hope to. 

I hope you get to scrap too.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:47 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:01 pm
Super windy here and overcast.
Trying to get myself back in the groove since driving to the coast and back.
Took the granddaughter out to spend a week with her auntie. I’ve been missing since Friday.
Got the floors mopped this morning, having a sandwich and then plan to do some scrapping.

Glad you are back. Hope you get to relax and do some scrapping too.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:48 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:04 pm
It's been raining off and on most the of the day so I've stayed home and did a DT assignment and now want to start on an ACOT challenge.  I just have to figure which one!! 

It seems like the weather is dreary and rainy in a lot of places today! Have fun scrapping!

Image Image Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1622

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:10 pm

The sun is actually shining here for the first time in days, but we did have a pop-up thunderstorm, so now it is sunny and humid!  Blech...I am retreating to my air-conditioned studio to see if I can continue being crafty!  Here is the layout I did for the June Color/Shape challenge yesterday. :)
Laura

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:29 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:10 pm
The sun is actually shining here for the first time in days, but we did have a pop-up thunderstorm, so now it is sunny and humid!  Blech...I am retreating to my air-conditioned studio to see if I can continue being crafty!  Here is the layout I did for the June Color/Shape challenge yesterday. :)
ImageImageImage

Laura this is gorgeous! I love the color combo and the sweet adorable pics of Paisley!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:31 pm

I finished my layout for MMC Challenge #2. What a great mood board!

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2829

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Thank you again Barb, for posting this for me. Yours and Laura's layouts are amazing!

So yesterday they took my mom off the breathing machine to run some tests. To see if she's strong enough to breathe on her own. She was barely averaging 8 to 10 breaths/minute and they need her at 16 breaths/minute. At the bare minimum. So they put her back on yesterday. Trying again today. Really hope she can take at least 16 breaths/minute, if not more. Just waiting for the results....

There is a chance I might get to scrap this weekend. It really all depends on how my mother is doing. But back in April, me and the girls planned our Summer Scrap at my house for June 22nd/23rd. My world has been turned upside down so much this year, that I didn't realize that it was THIS weekend. Some of them thought I should cancel, but my wonderful DH, my sister in law and my BFF all suggested that I should keep it. It might help get my mind off of things. So guess what I did? I actually printed out the becky fleck sketch that Heidi posted yesterday. That is my sole goal this weekend. If I can do one layout, I will be a happy camper.

I also sat at my table for a few minutes this morning to see what I wanted to scrap. And I came across photos of the doggies opening up their Christmas Packages from their Auntie Barb and Auntie Susan! :greeninlove: :greeninlove: I think those pics will be super fun to scrap and definetly keep my mind off of things. Even for a little bit.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:40 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm
Thank you again Barb, for posting this for me. Yours and Laura's layouts are amazing!

So yesterday they took my mom off the breathing machine to run some tests. To see if she's strong enough to breathe on her own. She was barely averaging 8 to 10 breaths/minute and they need her at 16 breaths/minute. At the bare minimum. So they put her back on yesterday. Trying again today. Really hope she can take at least 16 breaths/minute, if not more. Just waiting for the results....

There is a chance I might get to scrap this weekend. It really all depends on how my mother is doing. But back in April, me and the girls planned our Summer Scrap at my house for June 22nd/23rd. My world has been turned upside down so much this year, that I didn't realize that it was THIS weekend. Some of them thought I should cancel, but my wonderful DH, my sister in law and my BFF all suggested that I should keep it. It might help get my mind off of things. So guess what I did? I actually printed out the becky fleck sketch that Heidi posted yesterday. That is my sole goal this weekend. If I can do one layout, I will be a happy camper.

I also sat at my table for a few minutes this morning to see what I wanted to scrap. And I came across photos of the doggies opening up their Christmas Packages from their Auntie Barb and Auntie Susan! :greeninlove: :greeninlove: I think those pics will be super fun to scrap and definetly keep my mind off of things. Even for a little bit.

Thank you Brandy. And no problem on posting the scrap a day for you. I'm glad I can help you out even if it is only in some small way. I am so happy you kept the scrappy weekend on. You sure do need some downtime both physically and mentally. Scrapping with your friends will be good for you and you certainly deserve to have some fun and get your mind off of everything. I sure do hope your mom does well on today's breathing text.

Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee

Post by emmapaige » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm

I did get to stay in my scrap room and get this layout for the 3 in a Row Challenge.  

** Chris **

Image  ImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:50 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:48 pm
I did get to stay in my scrap room and get this layout for the 3 in a Row Challenge.  

This is beautiful Chris! Love that blue with all the soft colors!

Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee

Post by emmapaige » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:51 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Continuing to send you big {{{HUGS}}}.  I agree with everyone that you deserve some scrappy time. Wish I was closer to scrap with you!!!! xoxo
** Chris **

Image  ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1049

Post by CarrieG » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:55 pm

been a busy hot day.....I did manage to get a pretty simple one done for the BF sketch...
id like to get one more at least started tonight......a random grandson pic and then I will need to work on a wedding lo  ive been trying to not burn myself out....I have a huge stack of wedding stuff...ugh  i am kinda alternating...weeeeeeee  might finish wedding pics by Christmas...haaaaaaa

we have dinner at church here in about an hour so at least i don't have to cook :)

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:13 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:55 pm
been a busy hot day.....I did manage to get a pretty simple one done for the BF sketch...
id like to get one more at least started tonight......a random grandson pic and then I will need to work on a wedding lo  ive been trying to not burn myself out....I have a huge stack of wedding stuff...ugh  i am kinda alternating...weeeeeeee  might finish wedding pics by Christmas...haaaaaaa

we have dinner at church here in about an hour so at least i don't have to cook :)

I hear you on burn out. It is definitely good to take a break from it once and a while and scrap something else!

Image Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 166

Post by DN in MN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 pm

Good Evening, Everyone!  Such beautiful layouts done.. super jealous of the scrappy time you all have gotten.  I should have scrapped today but daughter time is more important.  Soon, she will be working and I won't have these days.  Seeing my grandkids with her has gone from all three to only one.  The other two are going to preschool MWF and DD is going to start looking for work so the littlest one will start daycare at the end of July.  Still better than them being in Tennessee!!  Take making memories over preserving them anytime. 

Continued prayers, Brandy!  May your Mom make huge improvements so you can truly enjoy your scrappy time.

I hope you all have a great night!
 Image    Image   

2019 -  34/100 layouts

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:49 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:25 pm
Good Evening, Everyone!  Such beautiful layouts done.. super jealous of the scrappy time you all have gotten.  I should have scrapped today but daughter time is more important.  Soon, she will be working and I won't have these days.  Seeing my grandkids with her has gone from all three to only one.  The other two are going to preschool MWF and DD is going to start looking for work so the littlest one will start daycare at the end of July.  Still better than them being in Tennessee!!  Take making memories over preserving them anytime. 

Continued prayers, Brandy!  May your Mom make huge improvements so you can truly enjoy your scrappy time.

I hope you all have a great night!

I totally agree that being with your dd and grandchildren and making the memories with them beats scrapping! Being with them and enjoying time with them is more important. The scrapping can definitely be done later!

Image Image Image Image

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 350

Post by JillinIN » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:02 pm

It's rainy here too. Today was my long day at work. Then we went to look at a house for DS. He lives in Tennessee and is planning to move back to Indiana! Yay!
DH and I went out for BBQ after and now we're home and I'm hoping to finish the Becky Fleck challenge tonight.
Jill
 ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”