Scrap a Day, July 20th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 684

Scrap a Day, July 20th

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:22 pm

Hey Cherries. I hope you are all staying cool and comfortable. Right now we are at 98 with a heat index of 110. Ugh. It's hard to breathe outside. I will have to go outside for a bit just to water all of my flower pots and hanging baskets. I don't want to lose all my pretty flowers and our potted tomato plants. They need hydration! So I will go outside for that and then I am in for the day. I won't even take the girls out in their pool because Twinkie will want to run and we don't want her running in this. She runs with everything she's got so we are not doing that today. And she will keep dropping the ball at my feet and giving me the "look", and I won't be able to take that. We feel bad but we have to protect her.

So who is staying in and scrapping today? I am! I have no plans after watering so I am going to clean up my table and scrap!

On a side note, today being the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, how many Cherries were around for that amazing event? I am dating myself that I was 14 at the time. I remember hearing Neil Armstrongs first words as he stepped out onto the surface of the moon. I remember saving every newspaper article and front page and center spreads and putting them all in a big manilla envelope, which I still have. It amazes me when I realize that dh and I lived through parts of history that our kids only learned about in school.

Hope you all have a safe and cool day and stay out of the heat!

Image Image Image Image

scrapy1967
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 1293

Re: Scrap a Day, July 20th

Post by scrapy1967 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:27 pm

Same here. It’s been this way for almost two weeks. Suppose to let up by Monday. I’m cool unless I’m out with one of the girls. Ginger is doing amazing with house breaking so I take her in the shady area of the front yard because it’s so much cooler there than in the back. Non of mine like a pool so that’s not an option for outdoor time. They have to remain inside until the temps cool off.
ImageImage 

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1073

Post by CarrieG » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:16 pm

I was almost 1 ....my mom wrote her thoughts on the landing in my babybook....amazing to have that in writing!

hot here but only around 104...soooooo  I will go out and vacuum the pool pretty soon...we have been busy around the house this morning....

I am just now in my scraproom tho to try and work on a layout for a bit

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1078

Post by beachlover » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:26 pm

Temps same here.  Last night we raced and it was 103 with heat index.  I could barely stand it so I son't know how dh and the other racers do it with 3 layer fireproof suits on, helmets and get out there!  But everyone cancelled tonight and tomorrow.  I am not unhappy with being stuck inside today.  We are getting up early in the morning and going to breakfast, then have to run a few errands, including groceries.

I was in the scrap room earlier, but it was to start emptying my one scrap desk.  It takes up way too much room and does not store enough.  I ordered shelves that will arrive Thursday so the desk has to be out by tomorrow evening.  I am trying to sell it, even give it away.  Otherwise, dh will have to put it out to trash.  And I did do the finishing touches on a LO and start another.  Hopefully a bit more tomorrow.

Have a great day all!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Flasher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 249

Post by Flasher » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Good afternoon, Cherries!  We're hot again today, but surprisingly not as bad as yesterday.  Our heat index is at 103.  But, yesterday at 8:00 in the evening we were still at 105, so that's something I guess.  Supposed to see storms tonight.  We'll see!

Technically, I was here for the moon landing, but was only a year old, so I can't share how I felt about that.  Today is also my dad's birthday, although we aren't celebrating today.  He took one look at the weather forecast and said "No way!".  We'll be celebrating his birthday on Tuesday when our temps drop to the 70's!

While I haven't been scrapping today, I have been doing scrappy-like things.  I went through my binder of sketches and pulled out the ones I've used and the ones that don't really speak to me anymore.  And then I sorted through my ribbon jar and tried to scale back.  It didn't work.  I love my ribbon.  In fact, in doing that task I realized I need some primary colored ric-rac!  And then the mail came and I unpacked my ACOT order!  So, I've been having some craft fun!
Life is not a fairy tale.  If you lose your shoe at midnight, you're drunk.

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:54 pm

scrapy1967 wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:27 pm
Same here. It’s been this way for almost two weeks. Suppose to let up by Monday. I’m cool unless I’m out with one of the girls. Ginger is doing amazing with house breaking so I take her in the shady area of the front yard because it’s so much cooler there than in the back. Non of mine like a pool so that’s not an option for outdoor time. They have to remain inside until the temps cool off.

That is so great that Ginger is doing so good with the house breaking!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:55 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:16 pm
I was almost 1 ....my mom wrote her thoughts on the landing in my babybook....amazing to have that in writing!

hot here but only around 104...soooooo  I will go out and vacuum the pool pretty soon...we have been busy around the house this morning....

I am just now in my scraproom tho to try and work on a layout for a bit

Oh that is amazing that she did that! What a precious thing for you to have!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:58 pm

beachlover wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:26 pm
Temps same here.  Last night we raced and it was 103 with heat index.  I could barely stand it so I son't know how dh and the other racers do it with 3 layer fireproof suits on, helmets and get out there!  But everyone cancelled tonight and tomorrow.  I am not unhappy with being stuck inside today.  We are getting up early in the morning and going to breakfast, then have to run a few errands, including groceries.

I was in the scrap room earlier, but it was to start emptying my one scrap desk.  It takes up way too much room and does not store enough.  I ordered shelves that will arrive Thursday so the desk has to be out by tomorrow evening.  I am trying to sell it, even give it away.  Otherwise, dh will have to put it out to trash.  And I did do the finishing touches on a LO and start another.  Hopefully a bit more tomorrow.

Have a great day all!
Omg I don't know how they can wear all that in this heat and humidity. DH and DS were watching the Yankee game earlier and I don't know how they could play baseball in this.

I'm glad you are able to do some scrapping again! How is your foot coming along?

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Laura wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:05 pm
Good afternoon, Cherries!  We're hot again today, but surprisingly not as bad as yesterday.  Our heat index is at 103.  But, yesterday at 8:00 in the evening we were still at 105, so that's something I guess.  Supposed to see storms tonight.  We'll see!

Technically, I was here for the moon landing, but was only a year old, so I can't share how I felt about that.  Today is also my dad's birthday, although we aren't celebrating today.  He took one look at the weather forecast and said "No way!".  We'll be celebrating his birthday on Tuesday when our temps drop to the 70's!

While I haven't been scrapping today, I have been doing scrappy-like things.  I went through my binder of sketches and pulled out the ones I've used and the ones that don't really speak to me anymore.  And then I sorted through my ribbon jar and tried to scale back.  It didn't work.  I love my ribbon.  In fact, in doing that task I realized I need some primary colored ric-rac!  And then the mail came and I unpacked my ACOT order!  So, I've been having some craft fun!
Yay for new ACOT goodies! And yay for having some crafty fun!

Image Image Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 778

Post by MTCanuk » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Oh, I feel for you gals in the heat sweating it out!! Very comfortable here at 71f.
Hubby did an Avis run and then he is off to judge photos at the fair. I have been in my craft space. Today it’s been card making. The big grandkids and their dad head off to go to scout camp tomorrow for the week.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:11 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:28 pm
Oh, I feel for you gals in the heat sweating it out!! Very comfortable here at 71f.
Hubby did an Avis run and then he is off to judge photos at the fair. I have been in my craft space. Today it’s been card making. The big grandkids and their dad head off to go to scout camp tomorrow for the week.

Sounds nice where you are! The high temps wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for the awful humidity. Ugh.

Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1128

Post by emmapaige » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:20 am

Yesterday I went to my monthly crop (Ann we missed you) and did four layouts.  I also did the card class they were offering and did four cards.  I am slowly getting the hang of stamping and coloring by taking these classes.  It is still very hot again today and I have no plans to go outside!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:20 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:20 am
Yesterday I went to my monthly crop (Ann we missed you) and did four layouts.  I also did the card class they were offering and did four cards.  I am slowly getting the hang of stamping and coloring by taking these classes.  It is still very hot again today and I have no plans to go outside!

Wow you did a lot! That's awesome!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”