Scrap a Day, August 21st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 692

Scrap a Day, August 21st

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:54 pm

Hey Cherries. Hoping to have a scrappy day today. The humidity is high again so not doing anything outside. And I have no plans to be anywhere. Yay! Lol. So I am going to work on getting this table cleaned off and start scrapping. I have ideas for some challenges popping into my head!

Anyone else scrapping? I hope you all have a great day!

Image Image Image Image

JAire
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 211

Re: Scrap a Day, August 21st

Post by JAire » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:31 pm

I am making plans to scrap today.  Finally finished the 2 that were lying on my table for days.
Joyce Ann

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 785

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:46 pm

Tomorrow is my baby boy's 20th birthday - where does time go?? I have been working on his bday card as well as other bday preparations. I'm also putting together the stuff for my next layout. I'm jumping all the way back to 1996 LOL!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 26

Post by Monroe1218 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm

No scrapping today.... working til 5, then have church small group meeting out at a restaurant tonight.  Sometime between getting home and going to small group, I've got to get Grayson working on his homework and a bath...
Rebecca
Layouts Complete - 8/100
December Daily - 90% complete!
Cards - 9/24

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:15 pm

JAire wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:31 pm
I am making plans to scrap today.  Finally finished the 2 that were lying on my table for days.

Glad you got them done!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:16 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:46 pm
Tomorrow is my baby boy's 20th birthday - where does time go?? I have been working on his bday card as well as other bday preparations. I'm also putting together the stuff for my next layout. I'm jumping all the way back to 1996 LOL!!

Yes where does the time go. My baby girl has three babies of her own! When did that happen!!!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Monroe1218 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:59 pm
No scrapping today.... working til 5, then have church small group meeting out at a restaurant tonight.  Sometime between getting home and going to small group, I've got to get Grayson working on his homework and a bath...

Busy day for you!

Image Image Image Image

scrappinmom99
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 785

Post by scrappinmom99 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 pm

pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:16 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

Yes where does the time go. My baby girl has three babies of her own! When did that happen!!! 

That's crazy! Like YAY for squishy baby grandchildren, but ACK on how did your own babies grow so fast!  :greeninlove:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:52 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:26 pm
pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:16 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

That's crazy! Like YAY for squishy baby grandchildren, but ACK on how did your own babies grow so fast!  :greeninlove: 

I know it's so hard to believe! I look at my 3 sweet grandchildren and remember when my dd and ds were that age. Was it really THAT long ago! Omg.

Image Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1088

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 pm

ugh been a long hot crazy day here....kiddos are gone tho and im about to hop in shower and then we have dinner at church tonight  (no cooking yay!)

DH is leaving his current position in the State Prison system (regional maintenance supervisor over 11 prison units) to be a vocational teacher thru the prison school district--in our local prison unit.  He will teach construction fundementals this year while he creates a pipefitting/steamfitting curriculum that will slowly be rolled into the prisons in 2021.  The demand for oil and gas workers with these skills is so high and it could give some guys a serious shot on the outside of making it.....weeeeeeeeeeee  but geeeeeeeeeez the paperwork he had to do this afternoon was INSANE.....very calculated exit so as we don't lose our insurance etc.......... OYYYYYYYYYYY  he has been off so much lately trying to use up sick/holiday and comp hours....and will be using up his use it or lose it vacation hours from tomorrow to the 6th of sept  (new job starts on the 9th)  then has to cash out his remaining vacation hours because they wont roll in the system to the new position....  his head is spinning...lol

I am HOPING for a lil bit of quiet time before bed tonight to work on a layout partway started on my desk

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:25 pm
ugh been a long hot crazy day here....kiddos are gone tho and im about to hop in shower and then we have dinner at church tonight  (no cooking yay!)

DH is leaving his current position in the State Prison system (regional maintenance supervisor over 11 prison units) to be a vocational teacher thru the prison school district--in our local prison unit.  He will teach construction fundementals this year while he creates a pipefitting/steamfitting curriculum that will slowly be rolled into the prisons in 2021.  The demand for oil and gas workers with these skills is so high and it could give some guys a serious shot on the outside of making it.....weeeeeeeeeeee  but geeeeeeeeeez the paperwork he had to do this afternoon was INSANE.....very calculated exit so as we don't lose our insurance etc.......... OYYYYYYYYYYY  he has been off so much lately trying to use up sick/holiday and comp hours....and will be using up his use it or lose it vacation hours from tomorrow to the 6th of sept  (new job starts on the 9th)  then has to cash out his remaining vacation hours because they wont roll in the system to the new position....  his head is spinning...lol

I am HOPING for a lil bit of quiet time before bed tonight to work on a layout partway started on my desk

Good luck to your dh on his new position!

Image Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1088

Post by CarrieG » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:46 pm

pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm
CarrieG wrote:

thanks Barb...he is pretty excited.  annnnnnnd that starting date is OUT OF TOWN...he will be down in Huntsville that week....I wont have to cook etc....yay!  haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2843

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 pm

Exciting job for your DH carrie! And yay for no cooking. I'm that way too when my DH travels for work.

No scrapping for me. A very very long day for both DH and I. He just has tons of drawings to do for new projects and clients. I spent half of my day dealing with a set of users out of Houston. Ugh. Out of my clients 6 Texas locations, her Houston office are real winners. We ended up going out for Mexican food because I was not in the mood to cook!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:20 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:46 pm
pawprints wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:44 pm
CarrieG wrote:

thanks Barb...he is pretty excited.  annnnnnnd that starting date is OUT OF TOWN...he will be down in Huntsville that week....I wont have to cook etc....yay!  haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 

Lol!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Delight

Post by pawprints » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:35 pm
Exciting job for your DH carrie! And yay for no cooking. I'm that way too when my DH travels for work.

No scrapping for me. A very very long day for both DH and I. He just has tons of drawings to do for new projects and clients. I spent half of my day dealing with a set of users out of Houston. Ugh. Out of my clients 6 Texas locations, her Houston office are real winners. We ended up going out for Mexican food because I was not in the mood to cook!

Hope things settle down with work for both of you!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”