Scrap a Day, August 23rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 702

Scrap a Day, August 23rd

Post by pawprints » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:35 pm

Hey Cherries. Our humidity finally broke. We had some really nasty storms roll through last night. Lots of thunder and intense lightning, and lots of wind and rain. There were downed trees across the Island and many lost power last night, including my mom and my sister. DD and family were out at Montauk Point yesterday (the very end of Long Island) and they were driving home last night in those terrible storms and they almost drove into a tree that had fallen across the road. Luckily they saw it the last minute! There was just enough of a space for them to squeeze through to continue on the road. I was so happy when they got home safe! A lot of the times these storms just bring us more humidity, but today it is a pleasure to open the door to let the girls in and out and it doesn't feel like a steam bath. Weather is weird.

So anybody scrapping today? I actually scrapped yesterday!! I played with paper woo hoo! Lol. My layout is just about done I just need to add some finishing touches. I hope to get it posted before I leave for my mom's. If not I will post it tonight or tomorrow, and I hope to scrap more this weekend.

Happy Friday and hope everyone has a great day!

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2855

Re: Scrap a Day, August 23rd

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:35 pm

Hi Barb. What a crazy storm ya'll had. Glad everyone is home and safe, but I'm sorry your mom and sister have no power. And yes, weather is weird. We've had low humidity here, so a 97 summer day with a heat index of 100 is much easier to deal with than a 89 summer day with a heat index of 107!

Not sure if I'll be scrapping today. Work as always, along with running errands. Got groceries for the week and then ran out to PetCo. They have a 20% off your entire purchase coupon (expires tomorrow) and I wanted to use it. They have a Clearance on some of their toys and sales going on some of the treats, including kitty treats! I got toys for the girls, some Himalayan Chews they like, some chicken tenders, kitty treats, a couple of braided bully sticks for the big girls and a case of food - saved almost $60! That's with the coupon, promotions, sales, clearance items and my PALS rewards! Woo-hoo go me! LOL.

I just got home again from lunch. One of DH's co-workers wanted a burger at the local bar & grill around the corner, but she didn't want to take it to go nor eat by herself, so she invited us. It was really good! Now I'm home. Again. LOL!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

LoreenC
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 394

Post by LoreenC » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:27 pm

Glad to hear you and your family are Safe! Eeeks, losing power would be scary here at about 90° at night!! It is weird weather, I got up at 3:30 am and the wind was howling here !! Some power poles blew over downtown, fixed fast & we never lost power here! It is very humid today here, glad yours is better! Humidity just exhausts you.
So today I will do a page or two, but before I get started, I did some organizing. This is one of the projects.....
Image. Washi tape, it took up too much room in the container I had it in, like that this hangs up! Image
ImageImageImage

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3022

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:32 pm

Sounds like a crazy storm, Barb! So glad to hear your family is safe. We had thunderstorms roll through here several nights ago, but no downed limbs or anything. Lots of crazy rumbling and rain through the night though. We had some rain this morning and it's much cooler here today.

I've been trying to catch up on challenges, but of course I didn't get as much done as I'd like. We've been packing today as we're going on a Norwegian Cruise to Bermuda for a few days out of New York. Will be a new experience for us as we've never taken a cruise out of New York or been to Bermuda.

We leave in the morning so have a great week, everyone! :)

ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:36 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:35 pm
Hi Barb. What a crazy storm ya'll had. Glad everyone is home and safe, but I'm sorry your mom and sister have no power. And yes, weather is weird. We've had low humidity here, so a 97 summer day with a heat index of 100 is much easier to deal with than a 89 summer day with a heat index of 107!

Not sure if I'll be scrapping today. Work as always, along with running errands. Got groceries for the week and then ran out to PetCo. They have a 20% off your entire purchase coupon (expires tomorrow) and I wanted to use it. They have a Clearance on some of their toys and sales going on some of the treats, including kitty treats! I got toys for the girls, some Himalayan Chews they like, some chicken tenders, kitty treats, a couple of braided bully sticks for the big girls and a case of food - saved almost $60! That's with the coupon, promotions, sales, clearance items and my PALS rewards! Woo-hoo go me! LOL.

I just got home again from lunch. One of DH's co-workers wanted a burger at the local bar & grill around the corner, but she didn't want to take it to go nor eat by herself, so she invited us. It was really good! Now I'm home. Again. LOL!
Brandy I hear ya on that. I'd rather have an 85 or even 90 degree day with no humidity than a 72 degree day with high humidity. The humidity is just awful. Any yay on the awesome deals you got at Petco! A win win for you and the furbabies!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:39 pm

LoreenC wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:27 pm
Glad to hear you and your family are Safe! Eeeks, losing power would be scary here at about 90° at night!! It is weird weather, I got up at 3:30 am and the wind was howling here !! Some power poles blew over downtown, fixed fast & we never lost power here! It is very humid today here, glad yours is better! Humidity just exhausts you.
So today I will do a page or two, but before I get started, I did some organizing. This is one of the projects.....
Image. Washi tape, it took up too much room in the container I had it in, like that this hangs up! Image

Gee I always thought that Arizona had dry weather. I had no idea you guys deal with humidity too. That is a very cool washi storage system!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:32 pm
Sounds like a crazy storm, Barb! So glad to hear your family is safe. We had thunderstorms roll through here several nights ago, but no downed limbs or anything. Lots of crazy rumbling and rain through the night though. We had some rain this morning and it's much cooler here today.

I've been trying to catch up on challenges, but of course I didn't get as much done as I'd like. We've been packing today as we're going on a Norwegian Cruise to Bermuda for a few days out of New York. Will be a new experience for us as we've never taken a cruise out of New York or been to Bermuda.

We leave in the morning so have a great week, everyone! :)

Have an awesome time Deanna!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”