Outline Titles for Cricut Design Space Users

Moderator: ACOT Employee

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 503

Outline Titles for Cricut Design Space Users

Post by StacyLee » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:00 pm

Hey cherries!  I was chatting with Melissa recently....aka lissahope26....about the title for my page Awesome Memories.  She wanted to know where I got the cut file, but I actually made it myself in Cricut Design Space.  The outlined letter look is super popular right now, and I love how it looks with patterned papers backing each letter.  I thought I'd share with all you cherries that have Design Space how I made my titles, and the best part......it's FREE!  I don't subscribe to Access, and I didn't have to pay for the font, it's in Design Space and is called Cricut Outline.

Once I had my word typed using the Cricut Outline font, I ungrouped the letters & scooted them next to each other so that it looked like all one piece.  Then I used the attach tool, then weld.  This made my title all one piece so it would cut that way rather than individual letters.  Here are a couple pages recently using this font for my titles:
ImageImage

On the word "Awesome" my last E did have to cut separately, and the "Memories" is a metal die. I know there are alot of cut files out there available for purchase, but I really enjoyed making mine own for free!

Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   ImageImage

JAire
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 211

Re: Outline Titles for Cricut Design Space Users

Post by JAire » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:19 pm

Thanks Stacy for talking about this! I have a question about how you cut the patterned paper. Once you welded your word, you cut it on black, but did you cut the pp also on Cricut? I have been wanting to do this style of filling in with patterns.
Last edited by JAire on Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyce Ann

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:30 pm

JAire wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:19 pm
Thanks Stacy for talking about this! I have a question about how you cut the patterned paper. Once you welded your word, you cut it on black, but did you cut the pp also on Cricut? I have been wanting to di this style of filling in with patterns.

For the U in "UR" I did, but not for the R.  I'm trying to remember why now...I think because there was the center piece for the R?  So I just fussy cut that & then glued the black center of the letter on top of it.  For "Awesome" I flipped the title over & traced onto the patterned paper, then fussy cut slightly outside of my trace lines so there wouldn't be a gap when I cut it out.  I also traced on the opposite side of the patterned paper I wanted showing, to avoid seeing my pen lines.  Hope that makes sense! LOL
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 326

Post by wimom » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:39 pm

Those look great! I would enjoy playing with titles like that but still have the old Expression. I keep waiting for it to go kaput so I can get a newer Cricut that works with Design Space!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1449

Post by joannie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm

Thanks Stacy!! I just tried it!!! 

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:01 pm

wimom wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:39 pm
Those look great! I would enjoy playing with titles like that but still have the old Expression. I keep waiting for it to go kaput so I can get a newer Cricut that works with Design Space!

Well here’s to that Expression going kaput! :winkb: not great on the pocketbook, but Design Space is so fun!
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

StacyLee
Cherry Bing

Post by StacyLee » Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:02 pm

joannie wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:11 pm
Thanks Stacy!! I just tried it!!! 

YAY!! Can’t wait to see! :-D
Stacy

Image   ImageImage

Linda S.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 538

Post by Linda S. » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 pm

I have a cricut expression and can't seem to make anything with it unless I use my cartridges but I am going to try this. This Stacy, I hope it works.  Oh rats, others are having the same problem I have. Ugh!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2843

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:13 pm

That is super cool! Thank you for the awesome tip Stacy!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”