Scrap a Day, December 9th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Scrap a Day, December 9th

Post by pawprints » Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:56 pm

Hey Cherries. Anybody scrapping today? Not me. I am still in the mist of Christmas decorating. Got my tree up yesterday and have some of the ornaments on but not all. I plan on finishing that up today and getting all my indoor decorating done. It is a nasty, rainy day and I was out in it this morning but now I am in for the day. Getting laundry started and then it's back to my tree.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Image Image  Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 262

Re: Scrap a Day, December 9th

Post by DN in MN » Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:50 pm

Good Afternoon!  Another snow storm has hit and although I went to work this morning, I have a swollen gland so I went to my doctor and am now home!  Doctor just wants to see if goes down by itself and if not, will go back in next week for an ultrasound.  Doesn't hurt or anything, just annoying.  Could be related to my lack of sleep lately... Going to take a nap and may work in my scrap space later.   BF will be home shortly to plow and blow snow out of our driveway.  I think we got another 5 to 6" and it is still snowing!  

Have a great day everyone  :-D

Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1229

Post by CarrieG » Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:44 pm

bleh grey and windy monday here...

i just did get the layouts i did over the weekend uploaded tho since its naptime..........

i am going to layout out all my done wedding layouts this afternoon and put them in order and see what still needs to be scrapped and represented in the remaining stack of photos..................weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3014

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Hi ladies. I was MIA all weekend. Got alot done though! I didn't wake up feeling too well Saturday morning. Woke up at 3am with a horrible headache and cough. I tried laying back down but it was pounding, but if I sat up it would subside. So I tried going back to sleep in the recliner but it didn't work out too well. Tried coffee and breakfast but still felt bad. I took meds, took a shower and went back to bed. Was up an hour later and just total blahness. We had plans to go to the Farmer's Market because of the extended hours. Normally its 9am to noon but every 3 months, they will go from 9am to 3pm with more crafty vendors. I really didn't want to miss it. So another cup of coffee and total chill for an hour seemed to work out.

I bought a cute crocheted puppy for Jasper (Christmas), and a "Texas Strong" sign in the shape of Texas for Charlie (Birthday). We also got to sample some yummy food and bought a small apple pie and a banana bread from a lady. A guy who grows his own coffee beans had some of his chocalate cover coffee beans and we bought a bag. And of course, our friends Amanda and Harley were there with their booth. We picked up our shirts we had pre-ordered from them as well as bought up two more pairs of earrings from them! We also ran into our friend Dorothy at the Farmer's Market too so we got to visit and shop together.

From there we stopped at Earthwise Pets to get Penny her CBD Oil and the girls' fave duck heart treats they love so much. The lady also has upgraded her treat bar with the addition of dog biscuits on top of the jerky and dental sticks. So I grabbed one of the $4.99 paper bags and "filled it up" with a variety of biscuits for the girls. They sure do love them! Next time I go, I'll grab more.

By then it was after 1pm. DH was hungry and I still had my headache, but I knew I needed to eat. We went to our fave sushi place (just a block away from the pet store). The lo mein was the special at lunch so we got that and split it (its alot) and got 2 small little rolls. I didn't eat everything but that's okay. It was still good. Then home to do laundry and that was pretty much my extent of my productivity on Saturday. Luckily, headache was gone by 4PM.

Sunday was a much better day. Slept thru the night AND slept until 7:30am. Felt well rested. TIdied up my office, made breakfast and put the tree up (along with lights and ornaments). DH put the lights up outside and put out our Christmas Doggie too. Showered and got ready to head out to Charlie's at 4pm. We hung out with him and Sissy until dinner time. He grilled some steaks and we had a salad and baked potato. He loved his Birthday Gift and we stayed until about 8pm then we headed home.

I slept in this morning and missed out on my morning walk. I guess I need the rest. Again, I feel well rested. A busy day with work and my dad came over this morning to drop off some Turkey meat. HEB  had a give away and my dad was one of the people who won a fully cooked, smoked turkey. He won't touch the white meat, so he said he was going to take the hindquarters and drop off the white meat. Which is perfect as I'll turn it into a turkey pot pie for dinner tomorrow. Tonight though, we'll have a steadck and spinach salad. I didn't finish all of my steak from last night so that'll be a nice and light dinner.

Have a great day ladies
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 14

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:26 pm

NO SCRAPBOOKING FOR ME EITHER.... I DID GET MY ORANMENTS TODAY & POSTED ACCORDINGLY..... BARB THAT LO IS AWESOME YOU DID FOR THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.... THEY SURE HAVE CHANGED THE PAPERS SINCE THEN......

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT LADIES

VALERIE

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1404

Post by emmapaige » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:16 pm

No scrapping for me today.  We had our Mahjong Christmas party today and I lost every single game.  Oh well, we're going to hold off playing any more games until after the holidays.  The rain held off until I got home but now it's raining cats and dogs!!! I didn't sleep well last night so I'm really dragging tonight.  I was going to make supper but I think we're just going to have left overs.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:54 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:50 pm
Good Afternoon!  Another snow storm has hit and although I went to work this morning, I have a swollen gland so I went to my doctor and am now home!  Doctor just wants to see if goes down by itself and if not, will go back in next week for an ultrasound.  Doesn't hurt or anything, just annoying.  Could be related to my lack of sleep lately... Going to take a nap and may work in my scrap space later.   BF will be home shortly to plow and blow snow out of our driveway.  I think we got another 5 to 6" and it is still snowing!  

I hope it goes down! Stay safe and warm in all that snow!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:55 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:44 pm
bleh grey and windy monday here...

i just did get the layouts i did over the weekend uploaded tho since its naptime..........

i am going to layout out all my done wedding layouts this afternoon and put them in order and see what still needs to be scrapped and represented in the remaining stack of photos..................weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Have fun with those wedding photos! You are getting there!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:59 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 4:43 pm
Hi ladies. I was MIA all weekend. Got alot done though! I didn't wake up feeling too well Saturday morning. Woke up at 3am with a horrible headache and cough. I tried laying back down but it was pounding, but if I sat up it would subside. So I tried going back to sleep in the recliner but it didn't work out too well. Tried coffee and breakfast but still felt bad. I took meds, took a shower and went back to bed. Was up an hour later and just total blahness. We had plans to go to the Farmer's Market because of the extended hours. Normally its 9am to noon but every 3 months, they will go from 9am to 3pm with more crafty vendors. I really didn't want to miss it. So another cup of coffee and total chill for an hour seemed to work out.

I bought a cute crocheted puppy for Jasper (Christmas), and a "Texas Strong" sign in the shape of Texas for Charlie (Birthday). We also got to sample some yummy food and bought a small apple pie and a banana bread from a lady. A guy who grows his own coffee beans had some of his chocalate cover coffee beans and we bought a bag. And of course, our friends Amanda and Harley were there with their booth. We picked up our shirts we had pre-ordered from them as well as bought up two more pairs of earrings from them! We also ran into our friend Dorothy at the Farmer's Market too so we got to visit and shop together.

From there we stopped at Earthwise Pets to get Penny her CBD Oil and the girls' fave duck heart treats they love so much. The lady also has upgraded her treat bar with the addition of dog biscuits on top of the jerky and dental sticks. So I grabbed one of the $4.99 paper bags and "filled it up" with a variety of biscuits for the girls. They sure do love them! Next time I go, I'll grab more.

By then it was after 1pm. DH was hungry and I still had my headache, but I knew I needed to eat. We went to our fave sushi place (just a block away from the pet store). The lo mein was the special at lunch so we got that and split it (its alot) and got 2 small little rolls. I didn't eat everything but that's okay. It was still good. Then home to do laundry and that was pretty much my extent of my productivity on Saturday. Luckily, headache was gone by 4PM.

Sunday was a much better day. Slept thru the night AND slept until 7:30am. Felt well rested. TIdied up my office, made breakfast and put the tree up (along with lights and ornaments). DH put the lights up outside and put out our Christmas Doggie too. Showered and got ready to head out to Charlie's at 4pm. We hung out with him and Sissy until dinner time. He grilled some steaks and we had a salad and baked potato. He loved his Birthday Gift and we stayed until about 8pm then we headed home.

I slept in this morning and missed out on my morning walk. I guess I need the rest. Again, I feel well rested. A busy day with work and my dad came over this morning to drop off some Turkey meat. HEB  had a give away and my dad was one of the people who won a fully cooked, smoked turkey. He won't touch the white meat, so he said he was going to take the hindquarters and drop off the white meat. Which is perfect as I'll turn it into a turkey pot pie for dinner tomorrow. Tonight though, we'll have a steadck and spinach salad. I didn't finish all of my steak from last night so that'll be a nice and light dinner.

Have a great day ladies

Brandy what a busy weekend! Glad you got a lot accomplished! Oh and I'm with your dad, I'm all for the dark meat too! lol

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:00 pm

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:26 pm
NO SCRAPBOOKING FOR ME EITHER.... I DID GET MY ORANMENTS TODAY & POSTED ACCORDINGLY..... BARB THAT LO IS AWESOME YOU DID FOR THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.... THEY SURE HAVE CHANGED THE PAPERS SINCE THEN......

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT LADIES

VALERIE
Thanks Valerie. The papers probably don't look familiar to you because I did the layout digital. So the paper is from a digital scrapbooking kit.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:02 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:16 pm
No scrapping for me today.  We had our Mahjong Christmas party today and I lost every single game.  Oh well, we're going to hold off playing any more games until after the holidays.  The rain held off until I got home but now it's raining cats and dogs!!! I didn't sleep well last night so I'm really dragging tonight.  I was going to make supper but I think we're just going to have left overs.

It is raining like mad here too Chris! It's totally flooded out in our yard and just pouring off the roof! Our gutters can't even keep up!

Image Image  Image Image

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 670

Post by blfonty » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:09 pm

DN in MN wrote:

Deanna - Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Just want to add a quick note that I love hearing about your snowy weather. I grew up in Michigan and we especially enjoyed building snowmen, igloos and ice skating rinks my dad created in our backyard. Of course, I'm living in Tennessee now and can appreciate the cold snowy days from afar. LOL! Stay warm and be safe!

blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 262

Post by DN in MN » Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:49 am

blfonty wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:09 pm
DN in MN wrote:

Deanna - Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Just want to add a quick note that I love hearing about your snowy weather. I grew up in Michigan and we especially enjoyed building snowmen, igloos and ice skating rinks my dad created in our backyard. Of course, I'm living in Tennessee now and can appreciate the cold snowy days from afar. LOL! Stay warm and be safe!

Lol, my DD moved to Tennessee for work but ended up coming back to MN when her DH got a better job then her back here.  It is beautiful there!  They are predicting some record snow this year so I'm glad someone enjoys seeing it, even if from afar, lol.  I'm one of the few that really loves the winters here  :-D  

Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 672

Post by 1scrappymom » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:02 pm

Just checking in. Yesterday (12/9) was the day when NOTHING went right. I was seriously considering throwing in the towel and going back to bed. LOL But then we found out my son won a 4 year art scholarship and I began to think maybe there was hope for the day. Apparently it's going to be this way all week. I'm off all weekend so we can go to the Warehouse Sale...so COME ON SATURDAY!!!!!! LOL No scrapping for me, but we are getting a lot done around the house lately, so I'll take it.
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:24 pm

1scrappymom wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:02 pm
Just checking in. Yesterday (12/9) was the day when NOTHING went right. I was seriously considering throwing in the towel and going back to bed. LOL But then we found out my son won a 4 year art scholarship and I began to think maybe there was hope for the day. Apparently it's going to be this way all week. I'm off all weekend so we can go to the Warehouse Sale...so COME ON SATURDAY!!!!!! LOL No scrapping for me, but we are getting a lot done around the house lately, so I'll take it.

Congrats to your son! That is awesome!

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”