Scrap a Day, January 23rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 713

Scrap a Day, January 23rd

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:35 pm

Hey Cherries. I was out for a bit this morning and then came home and got involved in doing some reorg in my scrappy room as it is so out of control. Well, most of my things ARE organized and it works so well always being able to find what I am looking for and it having a place to be put back. But my table is another story. I have so many markers and gel pens I am such an addict for those things, and so I have been trying to find places to put them so that a) they are in reach and easily accessible, and b) I don't have 4 million jars of pens and markers all over my desk. Lol. I have been on a Command Strip obsession lately and found some cool clear acrylic caddies that stick to the wall with non damaging command strips and they are working out really well for me. So I have been on a roll with that since late yesterday lol.

Anyone scrapping today? I don't know if I will be yet. It depends on if I can get my desk and scrappy table tamed so I can work on it again. We'll see how it goes.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Image Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 205

Re: Scrap a Day, January 23rd

Post by DN in MN » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:44 pm

Good Afternoon!  I may get in my space tonight but it will depend on what BF and I do for dinner, lol.  He is working about 50 miles from home and isn't sure of his schedule.  I'm fine with a bowl of cereal..him, not so much!  Anyways, it is a crummy day here but at least the drizzle rain has turned to snow.  That is what it is supposed to do here this time of year, not rain!  

Way to go on organizing Barb :)  I need to start re-arranging how I put stuff in my space as it doesn't work well but it got put away, lol!
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 13/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 27

Post by Monroe1218 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:53 pm

Good Afternoon!

I won't be scrapping but I will be organizing my room some more.  I've been going through and touching every item and then deciding to keep or send somewhere else.... so far I've done patterned paper and cardstock, metal embellishments - other than eyelets and brads, bling and washi tape.  I still have a long way to go before I get done but I've made a good start on it so far.  Not sure how much time I will spend in there tonight as the Lady Vols take on the Connecticut Huskies tonight for the first time in about 13 years!  I'm a huge Lady Vols basketball fan and so is my Dad.... so I will be watching the game with him tonight at 7pm..... 
Rebecca

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1266

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:03 pm

Good afternoon Cherries.  DH and I had hair appointments this morning and then went to lunch.  I LOVED my meal with lots of grains, chicken and fried eggs on top.  The only thing DH could find to eat was a Belgium waffle but he said he would go back again and try something else.

I'm starting to work on the Book Lovers Challenge since I found the perfect photo of my two youngest grandsons that their other grandmother posted on Facebook.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1158

Post by CarrieG » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:17 pm

oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  dh and i both came down with the horrid tummy thing dd had............so no kiddos today.....thank heavens we have two bathrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am going to try and sleep for a bit and then i really would like to try and scrap :)

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3148

Post by Deanna13 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:35 pm

Great job with the organizing, ladies! I hate to look too closely at my scraproom because if I get started organizing then it's takes a few days. You know, one thing lead to another!!

Chris, sounds like a great morning!!

Carrie, so sorry to hear you and your DH are sick! ugh!! :(

DH and I have been to Planet Fitness everyday this week. Trying to get it back into our daily routine. Sunday, we just booked another cruise in February. I could spend all my time sailing around the world! :greeninlove:

I laid out several assignments yesterday and I need to work on those.

Have a great day, everyone!
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:16 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Good Afternoon!  I may get in my space tonight but it will depend on what BF and I do for dinner, lol.  He is working about 50 miles from home and isn't sure of his schedule.  I'm fine with a bowl of cereal..him, not so much!  Anyways, it is a crummy day here but at least the drizzle rain has turned to snow.  That is what it is supposed to do here this time of year, not rain!  

Way to go on organizing Barb :)  I need to start re-arranging how I put stuff in my space as it doesn't work well but it got put away, lol!

Lol I hear ya. I'd rather have the snow in January and February than the rain! Some people would hate that I said that lol.
Last edited by pawprints on Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Monroe1218 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:53 pm
Good Afternoon!

I won't be scrapping but I will be organizing my room some more.  I've been going through and touching every item and then deciding to keep or send somewhere else.... so far I've done patterned paper and cardstock, metal embellishments - other than eyelets and brads, bling and washi tape.  I still have a long way to go before I get done but I've made a good start on it so far.  Not sure how much time I will spend in there tonight as the Lady Vols take on the Connecticut Huskies tonight for the first time in about 13 years!  I'm a huge Lady Vols basketball fan and so is my Dad.... so I will be watching the game with him tonight at 7pm..... 

It seems that scrappy room reorgs are a main theme in Cherryland lately. Good luck with yours! And enjoy watching the game with your dad tonight!

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2890

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey there cherries! I too have been bitten by the re-organize bug. But its been something I have needed to do for a while. I scrapped so little last year, IDK what all I have. Last night, I got into my scrap room and started "trying" to find a place for the new stuff I've accumulated the last several months. I realized I was out of room in my 12x12 containers (I have 6, and each has 3 drawers and they are jam packed). So I started on one closet. I removed the Halloween/Thanksgiving stuff to make room for Christmas stuff. I now have TWO FULL drawers of Christmas. Left Birthday alone. I also set all the BOY collections and other misc collections and set those aside. I now have THREE FULL drawers of CAT.

So then I started to think, where in the world am I going to put all the BOY stuff and Fall? I have a huge XL scrappy tote that I had bought when I had gone on that Scrappy Cruise back in 2014. I used it a few more times until we moved into this house. Now it holds stuff and sits in the right closet next to table that holds my Cricut. SO I was thinking, if I took that out (and probably put it in the guest bedroom closet), I'd have room for some sort of storage thingy.

Then I thought some more. I already have TWO stacked drawers on wheels! Ha..well, they are not really mine, but they are now. They originally belonged to my friend Dorothy, and she gave them to Misty. Misty gave them to my SIL Jennifer and Jennifer never picked them up. She wanted a bigger place than her one bedroom apt. She now has a two bedroom but with two boys under 2 years of age. And with Jasper's extra DME's, they have ran out of room already. So I wheeled them out of the guest bedroom closet and then looked at them. STARED at them. Like a monkey doing a math problem. SOB! This ain't going to work! Those are older and don't fit 12x12. Only 8 1/2 x 11. Well #$%^&*@$$% So I  ended up watching tv and poured myself another glass of wine because I was ugh. An hour later I had it! I can use those for my embellishments.

Currently, I have all my embellies in shoebox style storage containers with lids. I've got one for ribbon. One for doilies. One for flowers. Etc. So I can sort thru those, put those in the drawers with wheels and that would clear off that huge top shelves for my 12x12 containers. I might need one more, if not two. But once I move the embellies, I'll have room for two more 12x12 3 drawer containers.

While I'm doing all of this, I also want to go thru some of the MISC drawers, the ones that share 5 or 6 manufactures. Go thru the collections. If its partial, take it apart - leftover scraps put into my scrap binder (unless they are too small then I'll toss). stickers will be put in their place. Etc.

I've got until Feb 1st Saturday to be all done. The first crop of the year with my girls is that weekend. That is my GOAL! I can DO THIS!

So I am HOPING to get in there tonight to work on it a bit. This morning was a $h*% Show of a day with work because the HR chick is a complete idiot and BESTIES with my client. 😡  Total PITA!

~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:31 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:03 pm
Good afternoon Cherries.  DH and I had hair appointments this morning and then went to lunch.  I LOVED my meal with lots of grains, chicken and fried eggs on top.  The only thing DH could find to eat was a Belgium waffle but he said he would go back again and try something else.

I'm starting to work on the Book Lovers Challenge since I found the perfect photo of my two youngest grandsons that their other grandmother posted on Facebook.

Sounds like you and your dh had a nice morning and afternoon together. Looking forward to seeing your layout!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:17 pm
oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  dh and i both came down with the horrid tummy thing dd had............so no kiddos today.....thank heavens we have two bathrooms!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am going to try and sleep for a bit and then i really would like to try and scrap :)

Oh no Carrie! Feel better soon! Both of you!!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:35 pm
Great job with the organizing, ladies! I hate to look too closely at my scraproom because if I get started organizing then it's takes a few days. You know, one thing lead to another!!

Chris, sounds like a great morning!!

Carrie, so sorry to hear you and your DH are sick! ugh!! :(

DH and I have been to Planet Fitness everyday this week. Trying to get it back into our daily routine. Sunday, we just booked another cruise in February. I could spend all my time sailing around the world! :greeninlove:

I laid out several assignments yesterday and I need to work on those.

Have a great day, everyone!
Awwww so happy for you!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:49 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:24 pm
Hey there cherries! I too have been bitten by the re-organize bug. But its been something I have needed to do for a while. I scrapped so little last year, IDK what all I have. Last night, I got into my scrap room and started "trying" to find a place for the new stuff I've accumulated the last several months. I realized I was out of room in my 12x12 containers (I have 6, and each has 3 drawers and they are jam packed). So I started on one closet. I removed the Halloween/Thanksgiving stuff to make room for Christmas stuff. I now have TWO FULL drawers of Christmas. Left Birthday alone. I also set all the BOY collections and other misc collections and set those aside. I now have THREE FULL drawers of CAT.

So then I started to think, where in the world am I going to put all the BOY stuff and Fall? I have a huge XL scrappy tote that I had bought when I had gone on that Scrappy Cruise back in 2014. I used it a few more times until we moved into this house. Now it holds stuff and sits in the right closet next to table that holds my Cricut. SO I was thinking, if I took that out (and probably put it in the guest bedroom closet), I'd have room for some sort of storage thingy.

Then I thought some more. I already have TWO stacked drawers on wheels! Ha..well, they are not really mine, but they are now. They originally belonged to my friend Dorothy, and she gave them to Misty. Misty gave them to my SIL Jennifer and Jennifer never picked them up. She wanted a bigger place than her one bedroom apt. She now has a two bedroom but with two boys under 2 years of age. And with Jasper's extra DME's, they have ran out of room already. So I wheeled them out of the guest bedroom closet and then looked at them. STARED at them. Like a monkey doing a math problem. SOB! This ain't going to work! Those are older and don't fit 12x12. Only 8 1/2 x 11. Well #$%^&*@$$% So I  ended up watching tv and poured myself another glass of wine because I was ugh. An hour later I had it! I can use those for my embellishments.

Currently, I have all my embellies in shoebox style storage containers with lids. I've got one for ribbon. One for doilies. One for flowers. Etc. So I can sort thru those, put those in the drawers with wheels and that would clear off that huge top shelves for my 12x12 containers. I might need one more, if not two. But once I move the embellies, I'll have room for two more 12x12 3 drawer containers.

While I'm doing all of this, I also want to go thru some of the MISC drawers, the ones that share 5 or 6 manufactures. Go thru the collections. If its partial, take it apart - leftover scraps put into my scrap binder (unless they are too small then I'll toss). stickers will be put in their place. Etc.

I've got until Feb 1st Saturday to be all done. The first crop of the year with my girls is that weekend. That is my GOAL! I can DO THIS!

So I am HOPING to get in there tonight to work on it a bit. This morning was a $h*% Show of a day with work because the HR chick is a complete idiot and BESTIES with my client. 😡  Total PITA!

Lol Brandy you are making me laugh! I'm so glad you found a way to work it all out! I get all excited whenever I have found room for another 12x12 storage unit! Unfortunately I have no more spaces that will fit any more of them. Waaaaaa. Lol.

Image Image Image Image

blfonty
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 630

Post by blfonty » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:04 pm

Good luck to all those reorganizing their stash! January is definitely the month to refresh, renew and reorganize. No scrapping for me today, but hope to find some time on the weekend. We need to take down the Christmas tree too.
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie     

Image     Image     

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”