My desksetup

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 6

My desksetup

Post by Jenni328 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 am

Since we are on the subject of re-organizing, I thought I would share my desk setup..well partial. Its a hot mess right now but oh well. The main reason I wanted to share is because it was cheap and functions perfectly for me. Maybe this will help someone else. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought three gray crates..I only use two now...and went to Lowes and in the closet organizing section bought a prefabed white shelf. The crates were clearance but they carry others all the time and the shelf was a whopping bucks. All and all I spent around 12 bucks at the most and it has allowed me to keep my desk area cleaner (yeah I won't show the pile in front, going through my embellys) but also the height of the shelf is prefect for my lamps. I can project more light without the glare in my eyes. Anyways, HTH

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 206

Re: My desksetup

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:08 am

I love those crates!  I have used the below in the past.  Loved the height for the lamp as well!  Makes a huge difference.

I may have to invest in the crates as I love the look of them...TFS  :greeninlove:
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 16/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   

Jenni328
Cherry Picker

Post by Jenni328 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:49 am

I had those type shelves in the past too but they just were not sturdy enough as i usually throw the album I am working on on the shelf so the wooden one held the weight better. And its perdect for a three day crop..easy setup

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 502

Post by LoreenC » Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:24 pm

Jenni328 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:58 am
Since we are on the subject of re-organizing, I thought I would share my desk setup..well partial. Its a hot mess right now but oh well. The main reason I wanted to share is because it was cheap and functions perfectly for me. Maybe this will help someone else. I went to Hobby Lobby and bought three gray crates..I only use two now...and went to Lowes and in the closet organizing section bought a prefabed white shelf. The crates were clearance but they carry others all the time and the shelf was a whopping bucks. All and all I spent around 12 bucks at the most and it has allowed me to keep my desk area cleaner (yeah I won't show the pile in front, going through my embellys) but also the height of the shelf is prefect for my lamps. I can project more light without the glare in my eyes. Anyways, HTH

Wow!, I love this, especially that it is so inexpensive ! What kind of lamps are those??
ImageImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 363

Post by JillinIN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 pm

Nice! I love the idea of two lights! That's great how you have so much within reach.
Jill
 ImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:54 pm

I have a question. Why two fiskars cutters? do they have different blades? Are they different sizes? I recently realized I have a cutter fetish. I have four within reach of my scrappy desk and at least four more in different  drawers.
Jill
 ImageImage

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 636

Post by blfonty » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:52 pm

Awesome DIY shelving for your desk! Looks like everything is within easy reach. Nice work!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie     

Image     Image     

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1096

Post by beachlover » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:47 pm

TFS!!!  My desk is not deep enough and I am trying to figure out how to get more space at my hands and this is a perfect idea!!!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 368

Post by wimom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:49 pm

beachlover wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:47 pm
TFS!!!  My desk is not deep enough and I am trying to figure out how to get more space at my hands and this is a perfect idea!!!
I wanted a deeper work space, too. I ended up with an old formica-topped kitchen table. It's 35 inches by 59 inches -- almost 3 feet by 5 feet.

Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

wimom
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 368

Post by wimom » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:53 pm

I did something similar with a Closetmaid shelf like this across the back of my work table. A little more expensive but has been very durable!
Rhonda -- Scrappin' in Wisconsin

Jenni328
Cherry Picker

Post by Jenni328 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:13 pm

[
Wow!, I love this, especially that it is so inexpensive ! What kind of lamps are those??
[/quote]

Thank you, they are Ott lites

Jenni328
Cherry Picker

Post by Jenni328 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:17 pm

JillinIN wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:54 pm
I have a question. Why two fiskars cutters? do they have different blades? Are they different sizes? I recently realized I have a cutter fetish. I have four within reach of my scrappy desk and at least four more in different  drawers.

LOL, well I just got the new bigger one, but still use them both. Kindof like scissors, one pair is never enough. We need them in each corner of our room!

Jenni328
Cherry Picker

Post by Jenni328 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:20 pm

wimom wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:53 pm
I did something similar with a Closetmaid shelf like this across the back of my work table. A little more expensive but has been very durable!

I was going that route when I stumbled onto shelving at lowes. I think I am going to end up getting one for my computer desk. Great Idea!

Jenni328
Cherry Picker

Post by Jenni328 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:23 pm

beachlover wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:47 pm

Your welcome! Can't wait to see the what you end up doing!

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 128

Post by Ashjoy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:38 pm

That’s a great idea. I did not go cheap with my room and had it custom built. With that said things still have places on the counter tops. And I’m always looking for more and better ideas for storage.
Joyce

Indy Scrapper
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 47

Post by Indy Scrapper » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:19 pm

JillinIN wrote:

LOL you sound like me Jill.  I have a large trimmer that stays at home on my desk along with a 6 inch trimmer.  In my tote, I have two more trimmers that travel.  In my cabinet, I have back up trimmers, 2 of these and in my closet, I have 2 brand new trimmers at ready whenever!
Janie
Live long, laugh often, hug someone.

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:59 am

Indy Scrapper wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:19 pm
JillinIN wrote:

LOL you sound like me Jill.  I have a large trimmer that stays at home on my desk along with a 6 inch trimmer.  In my tote, I have two more trimmers that travel.  In my cabinet, I have back up trimmers, 2 of these and in my closet, I have 2 brand new trimmers at ready whenever! 
Janie, I didn't know you were a trimmer junkie! It's nice to have company! :-D

Jill
 ImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:03 am

Jenni328 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 2:17 pm
JillinIN wrote:

LOL, well I just got the new bigger one, but still use them both. Kindof like scissors, one pair is never enough. We need them in each corner of our room! 
I recently upgraded to the bigger fiskars too (one reason I have so many) I really liked the idea of measuring up to 6 inches without pulling out the arm.

Jill
 ImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”