Scrap a Day, January 24th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 710

Scrap a Day, January 24th

Post by pawprints » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:59 am

Hey Cherries. Anyone scrapping today? And how is all the reorganizing going? I'm getting there with my desk and scrappy table, but it is a process when you are organized already but out of room. So many storage bins, so little room. Lol.

I won't be scrapping today I will be with my mom this afternoon, but I have time before I go and will continue on with my cleanup.

Have a great day Cherries!

Image Image Image Image

Jenni328
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 6

Re: Scrap a Day, January 24th

Post by Jenni328 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:04 pm

ITs a cold rainy day and I have to go to work..... but i managed to finished up the mixed media challenge, get in my bingo feb words, wash two loads of laundry, and i am almost done with one other challenge. Im starting to find my me time again :) ....darn having to stop for work......

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:07 pm

Jenni328 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:04 pm
ITs a cold rainy day and I have to go to work..... but i managed to finished up the mixed media challenge, get in my bingo feb words, wash two loads of laundry, and i am almost done with one other challenge. Im starting to find my me time again :) ....darn having to stop for work......

You go girl! That's an awesome amount of things to get done before work!

Image Image Image Image

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 27

Post by Monroe1218 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 pm

No scrapping last night - and I'm at work until 5 today.  Have to run by the grocery store on the way home.... 

I have big plans and good intentions to get in my scrap room and continue working on the organization project.  I've been making myself notes and ideas for things I would like to incorporate into my scrap room - so hopefully I will be able figure out some better ideas on storage and condensing.  I've got at least 3 different storage items for alpha stickers/thickers and I want to try and condense that down into 1 but no more than 2.... Lots of other little things that need new homes or new storage... I haven't scrapped much in several years - and I think that it's because I was so overwhelmed at all the stuff and couldn't find what I needed - so that's been the inspiration behind this massive project...
Rebecca

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:42 pm

Monroe1218 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 pm
No scrapping last night - and I'm at work until 5 today.  Have to run by the grocery store on the way home.... 

I have big plans and good intentions to get in my scrap room and continue working on the organization project.  I've been making myself notes and ideas for things I would like to incorporate into my scrap room - so hopefully I will be able figure out some better ideas on storage and condensing.  I've got at least 3 different storage items for alpha stickers/thickers and I want to try and condense that down into 1 but no more than 2.... Lots of other little things that need new homes or new storage... I haven't scrapped much in several years - and I think that it's because I was so overwhelmed at all the stuff and couldn't find what I needed - so that's been the inspiration behind this massive project...
I get that completely. When there is so much on my table and I can't get to my Cameo, or don't have a spot to put down my Cuttlebug and cut a die, I don't end up using them. Or if I can't find something because there are piles of things that I have to find a home for on top of everything I get so frustrated and I don't end up using it. There are so many things I want to try and so I really need to make my space work for me again.

Image Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 203

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:16 pm

Good Afternoon :)  I won't be home until 10pm with work and then the hockey game so no scrappy time for me today but I do plan on getting in there tomorrow!  I have also decided on my OLW for 2020... DO

Do eat better
Do exercise
Do more me time
Do my best

Do this, Do that.. hahaha!  
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 13/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:17 pm

pawprints wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:59 am
Hey Cherries. Anyone scrapping today? And how is all the reorganizing going? I'm getting there with my desk and scrappy table, but it is a process when you are organized already but out of room. So many storage bins, so little room. Lol.

I won't be scrapping today I will be with my mom this afternoon, but I have time before I go and will continue on with my cleanup.

Enjoy your time with your Mom and doesn't it feel great when you get things out of the way?  I hate the clutter.

Image    Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Jenni328 wrote:

Impressive!  Way to go :)  
 Image    Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Monroe1218 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:23 pm

I know exactly what you mean about not finding what you need due to an overabundance of chaos. You'll get there.  It stinks it takes so much time ;)  
 Image    Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2884

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Hello cherries! Organizing is coming along. Super busy day yesterday that about kicked my behind. But after dinner, wine and watching one of our recorded shows, I made it to my room and got the big tote out of the closet and set aside. I wheeled the 2 rolling things in and went thru 4 out of 10 of my embellishement containers. Boy, Cat, Dog, Summer, Phrases/Quotes, and ribbon. I left my ribbon in its container and put it in one of the drawers in the rolling cart. Boy is in a drawer. Cat and Dog are in the biggest drawer, and set summer and phrases aside. I think I have more of those embellies in other containers. LOL.

This morning I slept in until 7am. All week I've been up between 5:30 and 6, so 7 is nice. I guess I needed it. I took care of some here around the house, then got the groceries. Answered a few emails, had lunch with DH and now I'm working. I'm hoping after dinner I can make it into my room again. Its always fun to look thru your stuff and see what you have. All the stuff I'm keeping, will be put into the drawers. I have already started a small bag with stuff I'm purging. Its still good, just not my style or I don't have that subject to scrap anymore. Or its something I got in one of those grab bags or warehouse boxes. My girls will be here Feb 1st/2nd for our first crop of the year, so I can have them look at the stuff and take whatever. I also started to toss stuff out. Things I know NOBODY will use. EVER.

Have a great Friday everyone.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1256

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:36 pm

Good afternoon everyone!!  We ran errands earlier - including a trip to Michael's to pick up two Iris 12 x 12 containers.  They were 1/2 price so I'll be continuing my organization this weekend.  It is supposed to rain heavily tomorrow so it's a perfect excuse to stay inside.  I hope to get a couple of layouts done, too.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 853

Post by MTCanuk » Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Spending the day minding the grandbaby. She had a good nap, so I was able to get in my scrap space. Finished up one Ireland layout for my DD album. I was on a search mission for some Ireland items I cut out on the Cameo and found them.

For all of you reorganizing. I had my dh build me a little shelf that sits on the floor for my Silhouette. It is right beside my computer, but doesn’t take up valuable desk space. Just a thought. I know it works perfect for me!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 362

Post by JillinIN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:01 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 pm
Spending the day minding the grandbaby. She had a good nap, so I was able to get in my scrap space. Finished up one Ireland layout for my DD album. I was on a search mission for some Ireland items I cut out on the Cameo and found them.

For all of you reorganizing. I had my dh build me a little shelf that sits on the floor for my Silhouette. It is right beside my computer, but doesn’t take up valuable desk space. Just a thought. I know it works perfect for me!
Will you share a picture, please? This sounds amazing!
Jill
 ImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:03 pm

Jenni328 wrote:

That's a lot to get done before work! Good for you finding "me time" that's so important.
Jill
 ImageImage

JillinIN
Cherry Garcia

Post by JillinIN » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:13 pm

I was off today. I needed that, it was a challenging week.
I took all four dogs to run an errand. We stopped by the bank and they each got a pup-peroni. JuneBug kept trying to get in the front seat, but Apollo was already riding shotgun, so that didn't work out well for either of them.
I cropped one photo and cut two sheets of cardstock for the double page challenge, then found out the pages will be back to back in DH's anniversary album not side by side. lol On to plan B.
Jill
 ImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:14 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:16 pm
Good Afternoon :)  I won't be home until 10pm with work and then the hockey game so no scrappy time for me today but I do plan on getting in there tomorrow!  I have also decided on my OLW for 2020... DO

Do eat better
Do exercise
Do more me time
Do my best

Do this, Do that.. hahaha!  

Lol I love it!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:16 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:17 pm
pawprints wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:59 am

Enjoy your time with your Mom and doesn't it feel great when you get things out of the way?  I hate the clutter.

Me too! I cam't wait to get it all under control again!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:19 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:25 pm
Hello cherries! Organizing is coming along. Super busy day yesterday that about kicked my behind. But after dinner, wine and watching one of our recorded shows, I made it to my room and got the big tote out of the closet and set aside. I wheeled the 2 rolling things in and went thru 4 out of 10 of my embellishement containers. Boy, Cat, Dog, Summer, Phrases/Quotes, and ribbon. I left my ribbon in its container and put it in one of the drawers in the rolling cart. Boy is in a drawer. Cat and Dog are in the biggest drawer, and set summer and phrases aside. I think I have more of those embellies in other containers. LOL.

This morning I slept in until 7am. All week I've been up between 5:30 and 6, so 7 is nice. I guess I needed it. I took care of some here around the house, then got the groceries. Answered a few emails, had lunch with DH and now I'm working. I'm hoping after dinner I can make it into my room again. Its always fun to look thru your stuff and see what you have. All the stuff I'm keeping, will be put into the drawers. I have already started a small bag with stuff I'm purging. Its still good, just not my style or I don't have that subject to scrap anymore. Or its something I got in one of those grab bags or warehouse boxes. My girls will be here Feb 1st/2nd for our first crop of the year, so I can have them look at the stuff and take whatever. I also started to toss stuff out. Things I know NOBODY will use. EVER.

Have a great Friday everyone.
You go girl with your reorg! You're doing great!!!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:24 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:36 pm
Good afternoon everyone!!  We ran errands earlier - including a trip to Michael's to pick up two Iris 12 x 12 containers.  They were 1/2 price so I'll be continuing my organization this weekend.  It is supposed to rain heavily tomorrow so it's a perfect excuse to stay inside.  I hope to get a couple of layouts done, too.

Have fun organizing! We have that rain today too and it is perfect for staying in and organizing/scrapping!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:31 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:17 pm

Great idea. Anything that frees up desk space is great. I have two of those little rolling carts, one that I keep my Cuttlebug and plates on, rulers, my Misti, cutting mats, etc. I love these carts, but I have to be careful what I put on them. Anything too small. like packages of stickers, washi tape, dies, stamps, etc my Twinkie will take. If they are in my cart they have to be in sealed containers. Lol my Twinkie is a theif!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”