Scrap a Day, February 15th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 724

Scrap a Day, February 15th

Post by pawprints » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 pm

Hey Cherries. Very lazy Saturday here. And it’s cold. It was 14 degrees with a wind chill of 4 when I let the dogs out early this morning. After I fed them I went back to bed and snuggled under the covers.

Anyone scrapping today? I am working on finishing up in Maddie’s room. I still have things all over her bed and need to put what I sorted into memory boxes. I want to get to Flasher Laura’s awesome challenges but I need get that all done first. The kids are coming for their sleepover on Monday! I went to the supermarket with my mom yesterday and got all their favorite foods and of course the chocolate and peanut butter chips for making cookies. So all that is done. I just need to finish up in Maddie’s room.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!

Image Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1183

Re: Scrap a Day, February 15th

Post by CarrieG » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:25 pm

i got to scrap last night...yay!

DH is gone today helping a friend...sooooooooooo in between household chores i am trying to scrap :)  im also trying to light a fire under the teenagers hiney to get some stuff done....im getting some attitude.....UGH

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 887

Post by MTCanuk » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:44 pm

I am working my last 12 hour shift in the NICU before I retire. I will just want to collapse on the couch when I get home!
Can I say, my life is not boring!!!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1302

Post by emmapaige » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:56 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:44 pm
I am working my last 12 hour shift in the NICU before I retire. I will just want to collapse on the couch when I get home!

Yippee!!! Congratulations!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1302

Post by emmapaige » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm

I've spent most of the afternoon in my scrap room but not scrapping.  I'm cleaning and tossing.  I hate that I have so much stuff.  
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 884

Post by scrappinmom99 » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 pm

I did a little scrapping this morning when the family went to the supermarket. I am finally getting some work (copy editing) and working on that this weekend. But we are also celebrating Valentine's Day today since DS had class til 9:30 last night. I had made a cake and DD decorated it last night. Anyway she had gotten invited to a senior's hippie-themed 18th birthday party. This is a very big deal because she is only a freshman so OMG, right LOL? They are both in drama club and were in an "edgy" production Dorothy The Witch Hunter based on Wizard of Oz. I think he invited most, but not all, of the theater kids. He was the Wicked Witch. She was in the ensemble (tornado, munchkins, poppies, citizens of Oz). So she got him an artsy guitar strap for a present and asked me to make a card.  I did all the green sequins as a subtle not to Oz :)  The party is in Brooklyn - we are in Queens and nobody drives. But we are at the point in our lives where we can give the older kid (20yo) $40 for him and his GF to take her there and stick around the neighborhood just in case and bring her home. He says so we're getting paid to babysit? I said no, you're getting paid for allowing us to stay at home on the couch in our pajamas!!!  :greenwinkb: :greenwinkb: :greenwinkb:

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 5

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:23 pm

LOVE THE CARD..... AND AREN'T TEENAGERS A PAIN SOMETIMES??? I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS TRYING TO GET MINE TO DO ANYTHING WAS IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING IN IT FOR THEM.... NO SCRAPIN FOR ME.... 2 MORE WEEKS THEN I GET TO SCRAP THATS WHEN MY DH IS GIVING ME MONEY FOR MY B-DAY EARLY SO I CAN GET MY 429 PICS DEVELOPED.... DH IS TIRED OF HEARING I HAVE NOTHING TO SCRAPBOOK... ONCE I GET THESE DEVELOPED IT'LL GIVE ME 36 LO SOME 3 PAGES LONG PLUS I'LL BE GETTING MY 7 ROLLS (YES I STILL HAVE 35 MM FILM) DEVELOPED NOT SURE OF WHATS ON THEM THOUGH.... HOPEFULLY SOMETHING GOOD.... SO THAT WILL GIVE MORE PICS TO SCRAP..... I'LL BE IN SCRAPBOOKING HEAVEN FOR A LITTLE BIT.... DID LAUNDRY TODAY NOW THE GRANDBABY WILL BE COMING OVER FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS SO MOM & DAD CAN GO OUT TO EAT.....

HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE
VALERIE

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:18 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:25 pm

DH is gone today helping a friend...sooooooooooo in between household chores i am trying to scrap :)  im also trying to light a fire under the teenagers hiney to get some stuff done....im getting some attitude.....UGH
There's nothing like teenage attitude. Lol.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

MTCanuk wrote:

Congratulations on retiring!!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:35 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm
I've spent most of the afternoon in my scrap room but not scrapping.  I'm cleaning and tossing.  I hate that I have so much stuff.  

I know the feeling!!

Image Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 206

Post by DN in MN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:38 pm

MTCanuk wrote:

Congratulations :) 
 Image    Image

2020 ~ 16/75 Layouts ~ 1 Card(s)   

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:39 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 pm
I did a little scrapping this morning when the family went to the supermarket. I am finally getting some work (copy editing) and working on that this weekend. But we are also celebrating Valentine's Day today since DS had class til 9:30 last night. I had made a cake and DD decorated it last night. Anyway she had gotten invited to a senior's hippie-themed 18th birthday party. This is a very big deal because she is only a freshman so OMG, right LOL? They are both in drama club and were in an "edgy" production Dorothy The Witch Hunter based on Wizard of Oz. I think he invited most, but not all, of the theater kids. He was the Wicked Witch. She was in the ensemble (tornado, munchkins, poppies, citizens of Oz). So she got him an artsy guitar strap for a present and asked me to make a card.  I did all the green sequins as a subtle not to Oz :)  The party is in Brooklyn - we are in Queens and nobody drives. But we are at the point in our lives where we can give the older kid (20yo) $40 for him and his GF to take her there and stick around the neighborhood just in case and bring her home. He says so we're getting paid to babysit? I said no, you're getting paid for allowing us to stay at home on the couch in our pajamas!!!  :greenwinkb: :greenwinkb: :greenwinkb:

Lol that's so funny! And that is such a great card!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:40 pm

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:23 pm
LOVE THE CARD..... AND AREN'T TEENAGERS A PAIN SOMETIMES??? I REMEMBER THOSE DAYS TRYING TO GET MINE TO DO ANYTHING WAS IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS THERE WAS SOMETHING IN IT FOR THEM.... NO SCRAPIN FOR ME.... 2 MORE WEEKS THEN I GET TO SCRAP THATS WHEN MY DH IS GIVING ME MONEY FOR MY B-DAY EARLY SO I CAN GET MY 429 PICS DEVELOPED.... DH IS TIRED OF HEARING I HAVE NOTHING TO SCRAPBOOK... ONCE I GET THESE DEVELOPED IT'LL GIVE ME 36 LO SOME 3 PAGES LONG PLUS I'LL BE GETTING MY 7 ROLLS (YES I STILL HAVE 35 MM FILM) DEVELOPED NOT SURE OF WHATS ON THEM THOUGH.... HOPEFULLY SOMETHING GOOD.... SO THAT WILL GIVE MORE PICS TO SCRAP..... I'LL BE IN SCRAPBOOKING HEAVEN FOR A LITTLE BIT.... DID LAUNDRY TODAY NOW THE GRANDBABY WILL BE COMING OVER FOR ABOUT 2 HOURS SO MOM & DAD CAN GO OUT TO EAT.....

VALERIE

Lol and that's why grandchildren are called payback!!

Image Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:43 pm

pawprints wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:09 pm
Hey Cherries. Very lazy Saturday here. And it’s cold. It was 14 degrees with a wind chill of 4 when I let the dogs out early this morning. After I fed them I went back to bed and snuggled under the covers.

Anyone scrapping today? I am working on finishing up in Maddie’s room. I still have things all over her bed and need to put what I sorted into memory boxes. I want to get to Flasher Laura’s awesome challenges but I need get that all done first. The kids are coming for their sleepover on Monday! I went to the supermarket with my mom yesterday and got all their favorite foods and of course the chocolate and peanut butter chips for making cookies. So all that is done. I just need to finish up in Maddie’s room.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday!
Hopefully, everything will come together so you can scrap! Enjoy your weekend :) 

Image    Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 pm

CarrieG wrote:

So do not miss the teenage years... Good Luck!
 Image    Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:45 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm

At least you will feel good once it is done!  I have been getting things organizing and cannot wait to finish so I can scrap :) 
 Image    Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:47 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 pm

Love the card and hope your DD has a nice time... I am sure DS and GF will find something fun to do while waiting!  
 Image    Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:49 pm

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:23 pm

VALERIE
How exciting to have those rolls of film... that will fun to get back.  Hopefully, there are some fun photos in them!

Image    Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:51 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 pm
CarrieG wrote:

DH and I once saw a bumper sticker that said "Hire a teenager now, while they still know everything." How perfect is that lol!

Image Image Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:24 pm

pawprints wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:51 pm
DN in MN wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:44 pm
CarrieG wrote:

DH and I once saw a bumper sticker that said "Hire a teenager now, while they still know everything." How perfect is that lol!

That is awesome!  
 Image    Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”