Scrap a Day, February 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 724

Scrap a Day, February 26th

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am

Hey Cherries. Anyone scrapping today? I spent some time yesterday trying to decide on what pics to use for my next layout and pulled some papers. I have a mani/pedi appointment in a little while so hoping to get scrapping when I get home later. I can't believe that there are only a few days left in February. And still no snow. Rain again today.

Have a great day everyone!

Image Image Image Image

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 128

Re: Scrap a Day, February 26th

Post by Ashjoy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm

I posted my card challenge card to the gallery yesterday.  It's all I got done . Today I'm going to work on a few cards for a swap, and 5 card kits for another swap.  

The service people from Home Depot are on their way, so will hopefully have hot water in a few hours.  Honestly if they know what they are doing it shouldn't take more then 2 hours.  If that.  The unit has quick hook ups on it so it makes it easier.  I'll start running the hot water shortly so it's cooled down by the time they get here.  

Carrie, I hope it's not the flu but if it is take care of both of you.  My friend on Splitcoast lost a 20 year old, otherwise healthy sister to the flu this year.  So sad.  

I am normally a reader but have been watching a few Netflix series in the background, I think I'm addicted to Zoo, lol. I turn it on to have my breakfast first thing.  Normally I listen to books while multi tasking. 
Joyce

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb

Post by Ashjoy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:18 pm

This is my cherry sketch card.  
Joyce

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1183

Post by CarrieG » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Ashjoy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm
I posted my card challenge card to the gallery yesterday.  It's all I got done . Today I'm going to work on a few cards for a swap, and 5 card kits for another swap.  

The service people from Home Depot are on their way, so will hopefully have hot water in a few hours.  Honestly if they know what they are doing it shouldn't take more then 2 hours.  If that.  The unit has quick hook ups on it so it makes it easier.  I'll start running the hot water shortly so it's cooled down by the time they get here.  

Carrie, I hope it's not the flu but if it is take care of both of you.  My friend on Splitcoast lost a 20 year old, otherwise healthy sister to the flu this year.  So sad.  

I am normally a reader but have been watching a few Netflix series in the background, I think I'm addicted to Zoo, lol. I turn it on to have my breakfast first thing.  Normally I listen to books while multi tasking. 

def the flu....every year it runs rampant in our lil town ...doesnt matter if you get the shot or not...ugh  i had flu b earlier in the season and now just recovering from flu A...which my teenager and all my daycare kiddos had and lovingly passed on...LOL  they say it is because we are a "pass thru" town for travelers so we get all the darn tootin virus's etc....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1183

Post by CarrieG » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 pm

stinkin cold here this morning BUT the sun is shining so i am not complaining...high of 45 if we are lucky...and in typical TX Panhandle style...it will be 80 this weekend LOL

i am sooooooooooo badly struggling to get these two layouts finished...i actually think im gonna move em off my desk and try a diff one.........

is it just me or has this been a LONG week??  really feels like it should be friday!!!!!!!!!!

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2912

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:21 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 pm
stinkin cold here this morning BUT the sun is shining so i am not complaining...high of 45 if we are lucky...and in typical TX Panhandle style...it will be 80 this weekend LOL

i am sooooooooooo badly struggling to get these two layouts finished...i actually think im gonna move em off my desk and try a diff one.........

is it just me or has this been a LONG week??  really feels like it should be friday!!!!!!!!!!

Girlfriend, I thought the same thing! Monday and yesterday were so freakin' jam packed that I thought today was Friday!

Its cold down here too. OMG! Can you imagine us having the ac full blast yesterday with our temps in the upper 80s and now we are in the 40's, the winds are howling and blowing the doggie door open and the wind chill is 34! AAAAHHHH!!!!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2912

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:24 pm

Good morning cherries! Another jam packed busy day here with work, and going to my dad's house 2x to check on his pups while he babysits the boys. After work, DH and I will head downtown to the Farmer's Market to stock up on Cilantro Sauce.

Highly doubt that I'll be scrapping. I never scrapped last night either. Yesterday was a crazy busy day and I didn't know if I was going to do an upgrade for my client or not with one of the changes to a report was taking longer than expected. But atlas, I did. A few hours later than I normally do but I got it done! After dinner I just vegged in front of the TV and ended up taking a nap. I was tired!

~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb

Post by Ashjoy » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:51 pm

Carrie....so YES! 

So I feel really bad.  Well kinda bad.  I was not happy when the plumber company showed up and told me it would be between 4-700 more for the water tank,  then we realized this was not the Home Depot company but the Home Advisor company that I thought I had cancelled.  I apologized and sent him on his way.  Still waiting for HD to get here.  Ugh.  This week can be over!
Joyce

MTCanuk
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 892

Post by MTCanuk » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi Ladies,
The week is flying by for me!
Went into work early for a few hours and now back home. The NICU was crazy. They admitted 2 within a few minutes. So happy to be home and not in all the craziness!!!’
Minding the grandbaby now! DH held down the fort until I arrived.
I was up in the middle of the night doing s little scrapping! DH went out to his truck around 1130pm and slammed the storm door coming back in and that was enough to wake me up. Couldn’t get back to sleep so just got up and did some scrapping! Went back to bed around 1:30. Short night sleep for me.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1303

Post by emmapaige » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Good afternoon!!  I got a layout done and need to start on one for a DT Assignment.  

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

Image  ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee

Post by emmapaige » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:56 pm

pawprints wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am
Hey Cherries. Anyone scrapping today? I spent some time yesterday trying to decide on what pics to use for my next layout and pulled some papers. I have a mani/pedi appointment in a little while so hoping to get scrapping when I get home later. I can't believe that there are only a few days left in February. And still no snow. Rain again today.

I'm hoping since it is almost March that we won't get any significant snow this year.  I know some people love it and I didn't mind it when we were younger but now I dread even a few snowflakes.  Enjoy your mani and pedi!!
** Chris **

Image  ImageImageImage

emmapaige
Cherry Jubilee

Post by emmapaige » Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:02 pm

Carrie - so sorry you have the flu AGAIN!!  Take care of your yourself.

Joyce - beautiful card.  I hope Home Depot arrives soon and they can fix your water tank.

Brandy - that is crazy to go from the 80's to the 40's.  Stay warm!!

Leslee - I have a hard time sleeping at night but I never seem to be able to do anything constructive (except sometimes search for Cherries here).  I hope you get a better nights sleep tonight.
** Chris **

Image  ImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Ashjoy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:18 pm

This is my cherry sketch card.  

Pretty card. I love the twine tied around it.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:57 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:44 pm

Hope you are feeling better today.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:01 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:24 pm
Good morning cherries! Another jam packed busy day here with work, and going to my dad's house 2x to check on his pups while he babysits the boys. After work, DH and I will head downtown to the Farmer's Market to stock up on Cilantro Sauce.

Highly doubt that I'll be scrapping. I never scrapped last night either. Yesterday was a crazy busy day and I didn't know if I was going to do an upgrade for my client or not with one of the changes to a report was taking longer than expected. But atlas, I did. A few hours later than I normally do but I got it done! After dinner I just vegged in front of the TV and ended up taking a nap. I was tired!

Geez Brandy I hope things settle down a bit for you.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:02 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:20 pm
Hi Ladies,
The week is flying by for me!
Went into work early for a few hours and now back home. The NICU was crazy. They admitted 2 within a few minutes. So happy to be home and not in all the craziness!!!’
Minding the grandbaby now! DH held down the fort until I arrived.
I was up in the middle of the night doing s little scrapping! DH went out to his truck around 1130pm and slammed the storm door coming back in and that was enough to wake me up. Couldn’t get back to sleep so just got up and did some scrapping! Went back to bed around 1:30. Short night sleep for me.

Hope you are able to sneak a nap in and get some rest..

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:03 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:54 pm
Good afternoon!!  I got a layout done and need to start on one for a DT Assignment.  

Sweet layout Chris!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:56 pm
pawprints wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:38 am

I'm hoping since it is almost March that we won't get any significant snow this year.  I know some people love it and I didn't mind it when we were younger but now I dread even a few snowflakes.  Enjoy your mani and pedi!! 
Thanks Chris. It was wonderful!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:06 pm

Ashjoy wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:51 pm
Carrie....so YES! 

So I feel really bad.  Well kinda bad.  I was not happy when the plumber company showed up and told me it would be between 4-700 more for the water tank,  then we realized this was not the Home Depot company but the Home Advisor company that I thought I had cancelled.  I apologized and sent him on his way.  Still waiting for HD to get here.  Ugh.  This week can be over!

Hope it all works out and HD fixes it!

Image Image Image Image

JAire
Cherry Berry
Layouts: 286

Post by JAire » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:14 pm

I finished my double page challenge that was buried for several days. Yay!
When I read the various messages about the flu, I felt so bad! That is a scary thing, and now with the Coronavirus trying to become a Pandemic it is really frightening! I was so worried about the Diamond Princess Cruise Ship being docked right next to the naval base. When my DGD took us to pick up hubby I would see that ship. Felt so worried for all our sailors. I came back home with a bad case of the flu - not the one in the news, thankfully! The last time I got sick it was when I had traveled to Phoenix to see my kids! I don't think I like to travel. Especially now!
Still working on stamp organization some. Stopping now to get ready to go to Ash Wednesday mass. May see if I can sneak another challenge in before February is gone.
Take care everyone!
Joyce Ann

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”