Scrap a Day, March 26th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 741

Scrap a Day, March 26th

Post by pawprints » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Hey Cherries. Sky did great at the vet, and I basically had no contact with anyone. My vet spoke to me on the phone before she went in, then one of the techs came out and she was dressed in the yellow gown and face mask and face shield and gloves. She brought Sky in and then my vet called me after her exam. She got her shots and he took blood and everything was good. He just put some medicine in one of her ears. Then the tech brought her back out again. Sky did great, and was a happy girl when we got home.

I had a bite to eat and don't know if I am going to scrap today. I may try to. DD called me last night and told me someone from her job was a confirmed case. She didn't come in direct contact with her but someone that eats lunch with her was in dd's office. So she was not happy to hear that. And of course neither was I. She has been working from home all week but last week she was still in the building. Praying with all my heart that she is ok.

Stay safe all my Cherry friends.

Image Image Image Image

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 243

Re: Scrap a Day, March 26th

Post by Vicki R. » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:32 pm

UGH...I hope your daughter stays healthy.  We are still hunkered down here in SE PA.  It seems to be all around us with 21 cases in our county now.  Thankful it's warming up and we can get out and do some yard work.  I've been able to accomplish a lot of crafting this past week....finished up projects that have been sitting way too long!

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:40 pm

Oh no Barb.  I pray your daughter stays healthy.

We ventured out today.  I placed on on-line order for some liquor and wine at a store in Delaware.  They were pretty organized.  You parked in specific locations, an employee with a clipboard would ask your name and order number.  Then someone would come out with the order, I showed them my ID and they put it in the car.  I didn't come into contact with and I felt pretty safe. Also people that were going into the store had to stand in line because they were only letting in a few people at a time.  This place is HUGE so I think anyone that went into the store was pretty safe, too.

Anyway, we have no plans to go anywhere for at least a month.  Ir's a beautiful day here and I went for a walk earlier and I plan to go for another one shortly.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1207

Post by CarrieG » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm

beautiful day in the texas panhandle  woke up to it being warm and we have hit 91  wooooooot woooooooooooooot

the BAD news is............
the only daycare kiddo i still have is a lil girl we love that belongs to a good friend....she is a mucky muck at our local credit union.........well one of her employees was in Las Vegas last week....came to work monday and the big HR department in amarillo said that was ok since she had no fever..WTH???  well yesterday she had a fever of 103 and went to get tested and is now quarantined but she exposed 4 other employees and  and their families and their chain of contact....her results will take 7 days
so now our doctor has put us on 'house arrest' (ha) and to watch for a temp of 101 or more...........aerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg  we are finger crossing and saying many prayers that it didnt spread to us

i am hoping to scrap this afternoon 
this helping DH with his teaching from home is a time sucker and a tension maker in our house............had our first corona stress induced family fight today........oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries
Layouts: 1559

Post by mgehrke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Oh Barb I am so sorry to hear this. Let's all pray that she doesn't come down with it too. How horrible. So far I don't know anyone with a confirmed case thank goodness, but we are up to 15 confirmed cases in our county with a total for MN of 346. We just had our second death which is so very sad. Starting tomorrow at midnight our governor has put into place a "Stay at Home" order which goes into affect for 2 weeks. The governor said we have less then 250 intensive care beds available. I feel so sad for those who this impacts.

For me it really seems like "Business as usual" as I've worked from home now for over a year. DH stays at home and watches the boys (DD is still working while SIL will not after tomorrow so the boys won't be with us for a bit). Once the boys aren't here everyday, I will then feel the impact. So I don't get the scrappy time I would like, but I still have been managing to get a little bit in every day. I still have to upload a couple of cards and pages, which I will do later as I need to get back to work now.

Stay safe my Cherry friends :)
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 55, 33 and 27) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (3) and Sawyer (1).

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by mgehrke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:57 pm

Not sure how I posted twice  :greensleeping:
Mildred - Mom to 2 girls and a husband (I tell people that I am a single mom of 3. Ages 55, 33 and 27) lol. And now a proud Grandma to Orahn (3) and Sawyer (1).

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:03 pm

Hello everyone! A beautiful day here too. We hit 91 yesterday.
Barb, I am so glad Sky did so well at the vet's office. That's one less thing you have to deal with now. On the other hand, sorry to hear about Cindy and who might have been in her office. Keep us posted.

Vicki - same here. Our county has issued a stay-at-home order and it goes into affect tonight at midnight and lasts 2 weeks. Stay safe out there

Chris - yay for booze!

Carrie - I am so sorry to hear about the chain of contact. Ugh...keep us posted and stay healthy!

A semi-regular day here for DH and I. Work as usual, my client and her users are getting settled at home. My dad is babysitting Jasper today so I checked on the dogs this morning and after lunch. My pharamacy had texted that my prescription was ready so I went to go pick that up.

Hoping to get some scrapping done tonight. I got lucky last night. I started the BF sketch and actually finished. Wasn't sure if I was going to but it all worked out. Now my workspace is cleaned and ready to get the next one done!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:26 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:51 pm
beautiful day in the texas panhandle  woke up to it being warm and we have hit 91  wooooooot woooooooooooooot

the only daycare kiddo i still have is a lil girl we love that belongs to a good friend....she is a mucky muck at our local credit union.........well one of her employees was in Las Vegas last week....came to work monday and the big HR department in amarillo said that was ok since she had no fever..WTH???  well yesterday she had a fever of 103 and went to get tested and is now quarantined but she exposed 4 other employees and  and their families and their chain of contact....her results will take 7 days
so now our doctor has put us on 'house arrest' (ha) and to watch for a temp of 101 or more...........aerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg  we are finger crossing and saying many prayers that it didnt spread to us

this helping DH with his teaching from home is a time sucker and a tension maker in our house............had our first corona stress induced family fight today........oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Oh my gosh Carrie - stay well!!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 915

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm

pawprints wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:17 pm
Hey Cherries. Sky did great at the vet, and I basically had no contact with anyone. My vet spoke to me on the phone before she went in, then one of the techs came out and she was dressed in the yellow gown and face mask and face shield and gloves. She brought Sky in and then my vet called me after her exam. She got her shots and he took blood and everything was good. He just put some medicine in one of her ears. Then the tech brought her back out again. Sky did great, and was a happy girl when we got home.

I had a bite to eat and don't know if I am going to scrap today. I may try to. DD called me last night and told me someone from her job was a confirmed case. She didn't come in direct contact with her but someone that eats lunch with her was in dd's office. So she was not happy to hear that. And of course neither was I. She has been working from home all week but last week she was still in the building. Praying with all my heart that she is ok.

((hugs))) hope your daughter & coworkers will be okay. It's scary here. I'm in Queens. I can't even watch the news anymore. And I just got an email that someone at my daughter's HS tested positive. Not sure if it's a kid or teacher or who. But school hasn't been out for 2 weeks yet so.....very scary :( 

Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:39 pm

CarrieG wrote:

Omg Carrie! :( saying prayers too ugh!!!  Yeah, we are 4 people in 1000 square feet and have had a couple of fights but nothing major (yet).  There are three of us trying to work from home (me) and do school courses (both kids) on a laptop, smartphone, and desktop. DD keeps having to kick me off the desktop (no camera or mic that's what she uses her phone for if needed) but needs the desktop for files and stuff. I ordered a chromebook, which is supposed to get here tomorrow. Hopefully that will help. And DH omg. On the one hand he is doing a lot of decluttering and cleaning but on the other hand....he doesn't "get" how distracting things like taking all the furniture out of the living room is (while my office is a corner of the living room) while I"m trying to work in between giving up screen time to DD. I'm gonna scream soon........and all I really want to do is scrap and forget everything!!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

mgehrke
Bowl Full of Cherries

Post by mgehrke » Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Here's my latest creations over the past couple days. I made a couple cards for friends and 1 of my LOs is for a challenge :)

ImageImage
ImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:30 pm

CarrieG wrote:

Omg how could anyone travel and then go to work right now! I am so sorry that this person exposed so many people and now you and your family are at risk! I hope so much you are all ok!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm
pawprints wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:17 pm

((hugs))) hope your daughter & coworkers will be okay. It's scary here. I'm in Queens. I can't even watch the news anymore. And I just got an email that someone at my daughter's HS tested positive. Not sure if it's a kid or teacher or who. But school hasn't been out for 2 weeks yet so.....very scary :(  

It IS so scary Anne-Marie. I'm on the Island about an hour in from the city. My dd is about 20 mins further east from us. She has been watching the postings on the school's website and there have been confirmed cases in either persons or relatives of someone in some of the schools. So far I don't think anything has been posted in either Maddie or Aiden's schools but dd says she feels it's only a matter of time. I am so terrified everyday that dd will call me and say that she or one of the kids has symptoms. Or that God Forbid my dh will wake up one morning and have symptoms. My nervous system is a mess right now.
Last edited by pawprints on Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:45 pm

mgehrke wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Here's my latest creations over the past couple days. I made a couple cards for friends and 1 of my LOs is for a challenge :)

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Those layouts are adorable Mildred! And how awesome that you are making those sweet cards for friends!

Image Image Image Image

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:16 pm

pawprints wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm
It IS so scary Anne-Marie. I'm on the Island about an hour in from the city. My dd is about 20 mins further east from us. She has been watching the postings on the school's website and there have been confirmed cases in either persons or relatives of someone in some of the schools. So far I don't think anything has been posted in either Maddie or Aiden's schools but dd says she feels it's only a matter of time. I am so terrified everyday that dd will call me and say that she or one of the kids has symptoms. Or that God Forbid my dh will wake up one morning and have symptoms. My nervous system is a mess right now.

It is so scary! And I know, right? IT's like okay is this just me having an anxiety attack or is this covid-19 shortness of breath??? UGH!!! I hope your family will be safe too. But I agree, I think it's just a matter of time :( 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”