Canon Selphy 1300

Moderator: ACOT Employee

joannie
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 1602

Canon Selphy 1300

Post by joannie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:42 am

Since I have all this time on my hands...I FINALLY took my little canon selphy printer out of its box the other day! It was easy to set up and I LOVE that it's wireless! But it only printed 5 photos when it told me the ink cartridge needed replaced.  The bundle I bought came with the printer, 3 ink cartridges, and 108 sheets of paper.  You do the math...I'm going to have SO MUCH paper left over...what's up with that?

Does anyone have one of these Selphy printers? How many photos can you print from one cartridge? 

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 958

Re: Canon Selphy 1300

Post by MTCanuk » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:24 am

I have a Canon selphy that is a couple years old.  Mine typically will print the whole pack of paper that comes with it.  I need to reorder ink and paper soon.  I sure don’t print all my pictures this way.  But it is fun to be able to print right away if you want, and I use the Project Life app to put more photos on the sheet.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Post by joannie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:47 am

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:24 am
I have a Canon selphy that is a couple years old.  Mine typically will print the whole pack of paper that comes with it.  I need to reorder ink and paper soon.  I sure don’t print all my pictures this way.  But it is fun to be able to print right away if you want, and I use the Project Life app to put more photos on the sheet.
Leslee, that is good to know. I was watching a QVC video from a year or two ago when they were selling them. And the host said that the 3 ink cartridges should print about all the paper. I hope I just got a bad one and this 2nd one I've inserted will be better. thanx for your input!

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 238

Post by karensay » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm

I just bought a new printer 2 months ago and the cartridges are almost empty.  I think they use a smaller size when you first purchase things like that.  I know a new camera comes with a really small SD card - stuff like that.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Post by joannie » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:46 pm

karensay wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm
I just bought a new printer 2 months ago and the cartridges are almost empty.  I think they use a smaller size when you first purchase things like that.  I know a new camera comes with a really small SD card - stuff like that.
OH I hope that is my case!! thanks!!

Scrap Bug
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 240

Post by Scrap Bug » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm trying to remember when I got my Selphy, and I think it was a similar situation - I think the ink cartridge was not full and I wound up with extra paper - I'm not sure it was that much extra.  Hubby had bought it for me for a gift, and he also bought extra cartridges and paper, so it wasn't an issue.  I do love that little printer even though I have haven't used it in a long time (I haven't been scrapbooking in over a year).  
Melissa

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1111

Post by beachlover » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 am

I bought on in the fall just before going back to work, and planned to take it to a weekend crop in Nov.  I did not have time to get it ready, so mine has not been opened either, Laura!!!  I did read all the reviews on Amazon before my purchase though, and never saw anything like an ink issue.  And I have never had a problem with any other one of any brand.  But I do know ink can dry even if not opened if it is too old.  So, although rare, maybe it was older ink or run some checks on the printer, take those inks out and try putting them back in...  Maybe that will help??  Keep us updated, I am going to get mine set up as soon as I get my new desk set up in my scrap room! 
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

joannie
Cherry Jubilee

Post by joannie » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am

beachlover wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 am
I bought on in the fall just before going back to work, and planned to take it to a weekend crop in Nov.  I did not have time to get it ready, so mine has not been opened either, Laura!!!  I did read all the reviews on Amazon before my purchase though, and never saw anything like an ink issue.  And I have never had a problem with any other one of any brand.  But I do know ink can dry even if not opened if it is too old.  So, although rare, maybe it was older ink or run some checks on the printer, take those inks out and try putting them back in...  Maybe that will help??  Keep us updated, I am going to get mine set up as soon as I get my new desk set up in my scrap room! 
Ann, I will try to reinsert the next one. It's a VERY easy set up. I don't know why I waited so long to play with it! I've had it since last December!

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1111

Post by beachlover » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:41 am

joannie wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 am
beachlover wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:31 am
Ann, I will try to reinsert the next one. It's a VERY easy set up. I don't know why I waited so long to play with it! I've had it since last December!

LOL, glad to know I am not the only procrastinator!  I spend more time making lists of what I need to do than actually doing those tasks!!!

Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”