Scrap a Day, March 27th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 741

Scrap a Day, March 27th

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:24 pm

Hey Cherries. Sorry for the late post today. I've been very lazy, but finally got myself going and got dressed. I am going to scrap today. That is my goal. It is a gorgeous 65 degrees out and lots of sunshine so I may go hang out in the yard with the girls for a while too. They will love that.

Stay safe Cherries and hope you can get some scrapping in. I told myself snap out of it and scrap today! Now to see if I actually do.

Image Image Image Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Re: Scrap a Day, March 27th

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:43 pm

Hey Barb! I think this is a lazy period of time, so no worries! Take advantage of resting and relaxing. If you're like me, you haven't been sleeping that well. I woke up at 2am wide awake, so I got up and watched some TV for about 1 1/2 hrs. til DH got up for work.  Then, I went back to bed for a few hours. LOL  :-D It was just beautiful here yesterday. Mid 70's and sunny. We enjoyed a wonderful walk. Today it's so different! Been raining the entire day! I've been trying to watch a couple Vicki Boutin videos and scrapping. 

Have a great day and be safe, everyone! 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:45 pm

Meant to post this above, but I'm kind of scatter brained!! Please keep DH's family in your thoughts and prayers. He's a rural mail carrier and has Strep Throat along with his 2 younger boys. Thankfully, they don't have COVID. I keep urging him to wear gloves, but I doubt he is. 

Oh yes, and today is granddaughter Lucy's 11th birthday. So happy to get to talk to her on the phone this morning.  💖
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Good afternoon!  I'm spent hours on the phone this afternoon. Back in December 2019 my hip was really bothering me so I went to Patient First.  They did an x-ray and said I had inflamation so they prescribed steriods and I felt better in a few days.

So I get a bill from them stating my claim was denied.  I called my secondary insurance who said that Medicare denied the claim and I had to call them.  Turns out that when I fell leaving work January 4, 2016 a Worksman's Comp Case was opened.  I had nontraumatic subdural hemorrhage (bleeding on the brain) but it also stated that I had injured my knee and hip.  So for some reason the WC case is still open and because my Patient First visit was for my hip - the claim went to the WC insurance which they denied.  So after talking to two different departments at Medicare, I tried calling the WC insurance.  Luckily I still had the paperwork so I called the representative that handling my original case.  I got his voice mail and left a message.  So now I'm afraid to leave the house in case he calls me.  Or I'm even more afraid, the guy doesn't even work there any longer but no one changed or monitors his voice mail.  If the bill was only a few bucks, I would just pay it but it's for $306 and I certainly don't have that kind of money now.

So I have no interest in scrapping right now although I did put the finishing touches on a DT assigment.  Hope tomorrow is a better day!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:53 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:45 pm
Meant to post this above, but I'm kind of scatter brained!! Please keep DH's family in your thoughts and prayers. He's a rural mail carrier and has Strep Throat along with his 2 younger boys. Thankfully, they don't have COVID. I keep urging him to wear gloves, but I doubt he is. 

Oh yes, and today is granddaughter Lucy's 11th birthday. So happy to get to talk to her on the phone this morning.  💖

Oh dear - that's kind of scary.  And Happy Birthday to Lucy!

My step-son's fiancee got tested yesterday.  She has ALL the symptoms.  She is home with her six year old (her older girls are with their dad since he lives in their school district) and she's posting pics on FB with her and her daughter sitting on lap.  Everyone is telling her to keep Noelle away from her but it's hard to tell a six year old to stay in another room for days.  
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1207

Post by CarrieG » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 pm

we are keeping somewhat of a routine here....but wont this weekend.....DH's work has stated NO texting, phone calls or work on the computer related to work on the weekends
dd has all her online work done thru next wednesday so gonna have to figure out some stuff to keep her busy..LOL

oldest dd will be going to the evening clinic tonight...we suspect she has strep...ugh

the secret info is that they are waiting on results of 22 corona tests here...........they are only testing if your fever is above 101  in anticipation of those results coming back our county commissioners and city and school officials had emergency meetings today.....they have closed our parks and outside recreational things..(basketball courts, tennis courts, playgrounds etc...)  the county courthouse is now closed as is city hall and  the county has extended the state of emergency thru april 30th.  I truly do not believe our kids are going to go back to school to finish out the year...and i suspect that we will soon be in a shelter in place order.  you can feel the air crackle here with anxiety....and there have been LOTS of morons that have not followed directions here....sigh

im hoping to scrap this afternoon....i need a stiff drink to relax before i do that tho  haaaaaaaaaaaa  and its too early for that....bawwwwwwwwwwwww

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:44 pm

Deanna13 wrote:

Happy birthday to your granddaughter! And I hope everything is alright with your dh's family!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:46 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:49 pm
Good afternoon!  I'm spent hours on the phone this afternoon. Back in December 2019 my hip was really bothering me so I went to Patient First.  They did an x-ray and said I had inflamation so they prescribed steriods and I felt better in a few days.

So I get a bill from them stating my claim was denied.  I called my secondary insurance who said that Medicare denied the claim and I had to call them.  Turns out that when I fell leaving work January 4, 2016 a Worksman's Comp Case was opened.  I had nontraumatic subdural hemorrhage (bleeding on the brain) but it also stated that I had injured my knee and hip.  So for some reason the WC case is still open and because my Patient First visit was for my hip - the claim went to the WC insurance which they denied.  So after talking to two different departments at Medicare, I tried calling the WC insurance.  Luckily I still had the paperwork so I called the representative that handling my original case.  I got his voice mail and left a message.  So now I'm afraid to leave the house in case he calls me.  Or I'm even more afraid, the guy doesn't even work there any longer but no one changed or monitors his voice mail.  If the bill was only a few bucks, I would just pay it but it's for $306 and I certainly don't have that kind of money now.

So I have no interest in scrapping right now although I did put the finishing touches on a DT assigment.  Hope tomorrow is a better day!!

Geez Chris you have enough stress right now. I hope he calls you back and you can get it all straightened out right away.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:49 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:53 pm
Deanna13 wrote:

Oh dear - that's kind of scary.  And Happy Birthday to Lucy!

My step-son's fiancee got tested yesterday.  She has ALL the symptoms.  She is home with her six year old (her older girls are with their dad since he lives in their school district) and she's posting pics on FB with her and her daughter sitting on lap.  Everyone is telling her to keep Noelle away from her but it's hard to tell a six year old to stay in another room for days.    
I'm sure it has to be so hard with a little girl. How can you keep your distance when you're her mom. She's in the same house with you anyway. So many ((hugs)) I hope she doesn't have it!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:53 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 pm
we are keeping somewhat of a routine here....but wont this weekend.....DH's work has stated NO texting, phone calls or work on the computer related to work on the weekends
dd has all her online work done thru next wednesday so gonna have to figure out some stuff to keep her busy..LOL

oldest dd will be going to the evening clinic tonight...we suspect she has strep...ugh

the secret info is that they are waiting on results of 22 corona tests here...........they are only testing if your fever is above 101  in anticipation of those results coming back our county commissioners and city and school officials had emergency meetings today.....they have closed our parks and outside recreational things..(basketball courts, tennis courts, playgrounds etc...)  the county courthouse is now closed as is city hall and  the county has extended the state of emergency thru april 30th.  I truly do not believe our kids are going to go back to school to finish out the year...and i suspect that we will soon be in a shelter in place order.  you can feel the air crackle here with anxiety....and there have been LOTS of morons that have not followed directions here....sigh

im hoping to scrap this afternoon....i need a stiff drink to relax before i do that tho  haaaaaaaaaaaa  and its too early for that....bawwwwwwwwwwwww
There are lots of morons that are not complying everywhere Carrie. Makes me furious. 

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:02 pm

Hey there cherries. Sorry to hear about everyone who has strep and just not feeling well. Yikes!

A semi-easy day here for me. Working for the most part and ran into town to get Penny's CBD Oil at Earthwise Pets. I placed an order online and selected Curb-Side Pickup. I also had the lady add in the duck hearts my girls love so much. She didn't have their "cheeze-it" biscuits but she had something new - Pizza flavored biscuits. So I got a bag and they sure enjoyed them!  I even got Jackson some of his crab flavored treats he loves so much that I can't get anywhere else.

Its a gorgeous day out and its going to be nice this weekend too. Hope to have some form of motivation to make it to my room. Our family reunion is still scheduled for June 13th and I want to post-pone it but everyone else wants to keep going. I know its still a couple of months away...too early to tell if we need to postpone it or cancel. So since we're still trucking, I scheduled a Conference Call with everyone for April 1st @ 6:30PM to discuss any changes we need to make, and anything we didn't discuss mid February. While I'm in my room this weekend I need to start making some of the decorations. I just haven't felt like it.

Anyways, hope everyone has a great day.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1686

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:24 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:29 pm

Carrie, this has been the situation in Ohio since last week. Schools have been closed 2 weeks (deadline supposed to be after next week, but we all know that is getting extended.)  Governor closed everything beginning this Monday. Still people out and about and the governor's list of "essential" jobs is hilarious.  Apparently, DH is essential because he is a paint contractor and home improvement is so important, you know? ;)  He wears gloves most of the day and doesn't have much contact with anyone else, but still. I make him wash his hands as soon as he comes home and he says he washes them at the houses he leaves, too.  People still going in droves to the grocery stores and out on the hiking trails, parks, etc, although he had all the kids' playground equipment cordoned off.  This is getting crazy!
Laura

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1686

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm

Hope everyone gets well and nobody gets the coronavirus. Thanks to all who are still working, so we don't have to be really inconvenienced.   ;) What a spoiled country, huh?  I mean, we got a shelter-in-place order, but it doesn't apply if you need to go to the grocery.  Of course, most of the things you want to buy aren't there, but still!  Of course, I am thankful and praying for all our health-care professionals. You are the real MVP's, here.  

I managed to get one layout done today and hoping to get my mojo going with some of the March challenges.  I finally went through all my photo files and backed up, then deleted from my computer the ones I had already scrapped!  It's hard to keep track when you scrap digitally and not chronologically.  Now, I know what needs done and have a system in place. :)

Here is a layout I did for our Germany album (from 2011!)  :
Laura

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:23 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:29 pm
Hope everyone gets well and nobody gets the coronavirus. Thanks to all who are still working, so we don't have to be really inconvenienced.   ;) What a spoiled country, huh?  I mean, we got a shelter-in-place order, but it doesn't apply if you need to go to the grocery.  Of course, most of the things you want to buy aren't there, but still!  Of course, I am thankful and praying for all our health-care professionals. You are the real MVP's, here.  

I managed to get one layout done today and hoping to get my mojo going with some of the March challenges.  I finally went through all my photo files and backed up, then deleted from my computer the ones I had already scrapped!  It's hard to keep track when you scrap digitally and not chronologically.  Now, I know what needs done and have a system in place. :)

Here is a layout I did for our Germany album (from 2011!)  :
I know Laura, if people that absolutely don't need to go out would just stay home! And your are right, our health care professionals are amazing.

Your layout is awesome! Love how you picked up the colors in the photos and the whole rustic look!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”