Scrap a Day, March 31st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Scrap a Day, March 31st

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:24 pm

Good morning cherries. I managed to get the Sketch with a Twist Challenge done last night but after dinner, I just vegged in front of the TV. Totally brain dead after work.

Anybody have plans to scrap today? Me - not sure. It all depends on how work goes. I was making a decent dent on a new form my client wanted but then some people weren't following directions and have skipped steps and now things aren't working right in the program. LOL. Ugh...just wish people would take 5 and read before moving on. I might need a drink at lunch if they keep this up! Bahahahaha!!!

If I do make it to my room, doubt I can actually finish anything. I do need to clean up my mess!

How about you?

~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 742

Re: Scrap a Day, March 31st

Post by pawprints » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:43 pm

Hi Brandy. Thanks so much for posting this for me today. I love your layout! That wood chip title piece is awesome!

I will be scrapping today. I finished up the layout I was working on yesterday. It is going to be for my March Music Challenge, which for a change I will actually get posted by the first. In fact, it will probably go up today! I was loving working with some really bright and cheery colors. It really lifted my spirits, as did that sweet pic of my happy girl.

Stay safe all my Cherry friends.

Image Image Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 960

Post by MTCanuk » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:52 pm

Haven't made it to my crafting space yet.  Laundry is going.  I made my own bleach cleaner and been wiping things down, as I am getting low on Clorox wipes.  Cleaned the bathrooms.  Yelled at my husband because he didn';t get a new butter out, after he was asking me if we had more.  And then I had none to use for my lunch.  Went out for a walk to clear my head.  Because tomorrow is suppose to be cold and snowy.  
But life goes on!!!  I am healthy.  Until tomorrow.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 9

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:05 pm

GREAT LAYOUTS LADIES LOVE THE PUPPY ONE THE BEST BECAUSE OF ALL THE BRIGHT COLORS USED AND THE WAY THEY WERE USED.... NOT MUCH GOING ON HERE..... STAY SAFE EVERYONE VALERIE

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:06 pm

I haven't felt much like scrapping but I did get this one done for the March Alphabet Challenge.  We were supposed to have our cleaning ladies here today but after discussing with DH we cancelled.  However, since she's a single mom and her cleaning business is all she's got, we decided to go ahead and pay and tip her.  She was so grateful and it made me feel good I was able to do this.  I will continue to pay her if I can until this damn virus is gone.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:24 pm
Good morning cherries. I managed to get the Sketch with a Twist Challenge done last night but after dinner, I just vegged in front of the TV. Totally brain dead after work.

Anybody have plans to scrap today? Me - not sure. It all depends on how work goes. I was making a decent dent on a new form my client wanted but then some people weren't following directions and have skipped steps and now things aren't working right in the program. LOL. Ugh...just wish people would take 5 and read before moving on. I might need a drink at lunch if they keep this up! Bahahahaha!!!

If I do make it to my room, doubt I can actually finish anything. I do need to clean up my mess!

How about you?

What a sweet layout, Brandy.  I hope you made it through lunch without a drink.  Although it's only 3:00 pm and I'm counting down the hours (minutes) until I can have a glass of wine to help with my anxiety.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:10 pm

pawprints wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:43 pm
Hi Brandy. Thanks so much for posting this for me today. I love your layout! That wood chip title piece is awesome!

I will be scrapping today. I finished up the layout I was working on yesterday. It is going to be for my March Music Challenge, which for a change I will actually get posted by the first. In fact, it will probably go up today! I was loving working with some really bright and cheery colors. It really lifted my spirits, as did that sweet pic of my happy girl.

Oh my gosh....that face!! Love your color combination. They really are happy colors!!
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:13 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:52 pm
Haven't made it to my crafting space yet.  Laundry is going.  I made my own bleach cleaner and been wiping things down, as I am getting low on Clorox wipes.  Cleaned the bathrooms.  Yelled at my husband because he didn';t get a new butter out, after he was asking me if we had more.  And then I had none to use for my lunch.  Went out for a walk to clear my head.  Because tomorrow is suppose to be cold and snowy.  
But life goes on!!!  I am healthy.  Until tomorrow.  

Oh no - April 1st and you are expecting snow!!!
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1111

Post by beachlover » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:33 pm

Good to "see" you Brandy!!

OMG, March is over!!  Went back to work today.  It's like a tomb!!!  No one in or out yet the emails are crazy!!!
I am still getting discovery requests, although they have slowed way down.  Most of what I came back to was 
reports the Prosecutors Office needs.  We don't have court scheduled until June, and I will be gone by then !

Not sure if I will get any scrapping done tonight.  I did send out points to the winners of the motivational challenge this morning but had to leave early to pick up coffee.
Although I planned one 500 point winner and two 250 point winners, only 4 cherries finished all challenges so I used random.org and reordered the names.  Donna (Retiree3) 
came up #1 so she got the 500 points.  The other 3 winners were Melissa (lissahope26), Deanna (Deanna13) and Loreen.  Now  have to do the finishing touches on the Spring Fling challenge for tomorrow.  Its gonna be different!!

Have a great day all!  
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1686

Post by Art_Teacher » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:29 pm

Well, I printed out some of the challenges and went to my studio to work a couple of days ago. After a day spent cleaning it up, I started on an old album I've been working on with photos from when I went to Italy in 1989!  I didn't get any of the challenges done, but I did do 4 double-page layouts the past 2 days. :)  I also did the layout below for Silvia Romeo's CT.  That is dh's great-grandmother in the top right. :)

Adorable layouts, everyone!  Glad to see some of you finding your mojo.  Our Ohio governor closed schools until May 1 yesterday. :(  More online teaching...I hate it, the kids hate it, it saps all my creativity!  Just want to get back to normal, but I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here.  

Laura

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 742

Post by pawprints » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:37 pm

Finished another layout. For my April Music Challenge, which I am going to post now.

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:40 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:09 pm
blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:24 pm

How about you?
What a sweet layout, Brandy.  I hope you made it through lunch without a drink.  Although it's only 3:00 pm and I'm counting down the hours (minutes) until I can have a glass of wine to help with my anxiety. 

Thanks Chris. Yeah, I managed to get thru the rest of the morning without anybody being stupid. Had a nice salad at lunch and then called my Aunt Laura (my mom's little sister) to see how she's doing. Her oldest son and his gf are on the frontlines and she's really nervous and prays for them everyday. They all live in San Antonio here in Texas. My cousin is a Medical Transporter - his job NOW is to pick up the COVID-19 tests and transports them to the lab for testing. His GF works at one of the labs and her boss just tested positive. :?
~ Brandy Williams ~

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1209

Post by CarrieG » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:30 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:06 pm
I haven't felt much like scrapping but I did get this one done for the March Alphabet Challenge.  We were supposed to have our cleaning ladies here today but after discussing with DH we cancelled.  However, since she's a single mom and her cleaning business is all she's got, we decided to go ahead and pay and tip her.  She was so grateful and it made me feel good I was able to do this.  I will continue to pay her if I can until this damn virus is gone.

so sweet of you Chris.....i know every little bit is helping ppl right now  my two boys i watch...their mom (they are both teachers) called me yesterday and said she is pretty sure they do NOT pay me enough...LOL LOL  and they are hoping to pay me some money even tho i dont have the kids...i am so grateful  even a lil is helpful!!!

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1209

Post by CarrieG » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:36 pm

LONG crazy day here today...

today is DH's payday so off to the stores i went...i wanted to get to them before the foodstamp and SS benefits come out and our lil walmart and local store are swamped.  took me HOURS to get everything on my list and 3 stores...I bought 3 weeks worth of groceries....we are just days away from a shelter in place locally--effectively we are on a soft one by our Gov Abbott today........soooooooooooooo  i did bring home lunch from a lil burger place here in town.  we are only shopping local (other than stinkin walmart) to help our local economy

6pm rolled around and i decided its happy hour...haaaaaaaaaa a redbull and vodka hit my hands fast...haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i am hoping to finish the page i started last night

debamas
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 228

Post by debamas » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:59 pm

Oh Brandy, so good to see you and others here. I've not checked in since almost a year ago and that was so brief. My heart pounded as I had trouble finding the message board and I thought it was gone! But alas, I found it and here you all are. Just so good to see y'all still scrapping on. Did my mood good as I've been not in the best for a long time and this virus is particularly trying.

Retired last May, you'd think I'd jump on the chance to get going with my scrapping. Sadly, I guess I've been dealing with some mild depression cause I'm not getting anything I wanted to done. Other than facebook which has consumed my time, I'm being so lazy, unmotivated and just going from day to day. Started going up to the community center locally few months back for lunch and socialization but of course right now...not happening.

Anyhoo, no I didn't scrap today and not for a long time. Just had a desire to visit ACOT and see what's going on with old friends. So, snooping around a bit if ya'll don't mind. found some cherries, cleared out my wish list, LOL, barely anything in stock! So hey to everyone, keep on scrapping! Might surprise y'all and decide to dig through my stuff...heck got more grandkids and great grandkids that dont have a book!! That's not cool. 😬 

Debbie

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:46 am

pawprints wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:43 pm

You're welcome Barb! Beautiful layout. I LOVE the bright colors! The "on my PLAY list" journal card is so cute
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:48 am

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:06 pm

Super sweet layout Chris. Glad that you are still having your cleaning ladies show up. Helping our fellow Americans is all we can do right now.
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:50 am

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:29 pm
Well, I printed out some of the challenges and went to my studio to work a couple of days ago. After a day spent cleaning it up, I started on an old album I've been working on with photos from when I went to Italy in 1989!  I didn't get any of the challenges done, but I did do 4 double-page layouts the past 2 days. :)  I also did the layout below for Silvia Romeo's CT.  That is dh's great-grandmother in the top right. :)

Adorable layouts, everyone!  Glad to see some of you finding your mojo.  Our Ohio governor closed schools until May 1 yesterday. :(  More online teaching...I hate it, the kids hate it, it saps all my creativity!  Just want to get back to normal, but I am not seeing the light at the end of the tunnel here.  

Hugs Laura. SOrry you are missing your kiddos and hate having to do this Online Teaching thing.

GOrgeous layout and WTG on getting other pages done!
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:52 am

CarrieG wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:36 pm
LONG crazy day here today...

today is DH's payday so off to the stores i went...i wanted to get to them before the foodstamp and SS benefits come out and our lil walmart and local store are swamped.  took me HOURS to get everything on my list and 3 stores...I bought 3 weeks worth of groceries....we are just days away from a shelter in place locally--effectively we are on a soft one by our Gov Abbott today........soooooooooooooo  i did bring home lunch from a lil burger place here in town.  we are only shopping local (other than stinkin walmart) to help our local economy

6pm rolled around and i decided its happy hour...haaaaaaaaaa a redbull and vodka hit my hands fast...haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i am hoping to finish the page i started last night

Glad you managed to get everything you needed despite taking 3 hrs and 3 stores to do it.
~ Brandy Williams ~

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:54 am

debamas wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:59 pm
Oh Brandy, so good to see you and others here. I've not checked in since almost a year ago and that was so brief. My heart pounded as I had trouble finding the message board and I thought it was gone! But alas, I found it and here you all are. Just so good to see y'all still scrapping on. Did my mood good as I've been not in the best for a long time and this virus is particularly trying.

Retired last May, you'd think I'd jump on the chance to get going with my scrapping. Sadly, I guess I've been dealing with some mild depression cause I'm not getting anything I wanted to done. Other than facebook which has consumed my time, I'm being so lazy, unmotivated and just going from day to day. Started going up to the community center locally few months back for lunch and socialization but of course right now...not happening.

Anyhoo, no I didn't scrap today and not for a long time. Just had a desire to visit ACOT and see what's going on with old friends. So, snooping around a bit if ya'll don't mind. found some cherries, cleared out my wish list, LOL, barely anything in stock! So hey to everyone, keep on scrapping! Might surprise y'all and decide to dig through my stuff...heck got more grandkids and great grandkids that dont have a book!! That's not cool. 😬 

Hey there Debbie! ITs so great to see you! Glad you are hanging in there. Hugs to you -- this virus ain't helping nobody! HOw's Brandon doing?

~ Brandy Williams ~

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”