Scrap a Day, April 3rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 740

Scrap a Day, April 3rd

Post by pawprints » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:08 pm

Hey Cheries. Hard to believe it is April 3rd. We have been waiting for this date for a few weeks as it is Pea Pod order day! I never thought I would be this excited to get groceries. Been very lazy today. Raining, no sun. DH and I have been going to bed very late and getting up late. Reading the numbers here is just so terrifying. I so wish he didn't have to go out next week.

Sorry if I'm rambling. Anyone have plans to scrap? Our order isn't coming until much later so i do hope to scrap. I need to keep my mind occupied.

Stay safe and healthy Cherry friends.

Image Image Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 953

Re: Scrap a Day, April 3rd

Post by MTCanuk » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:16 pm

Same old motions, different day!!! Stay at home!!! Wipe things down!!! Do some scrapping! Check in with daughters!!!
Flippin’ cold here for apr. Want it to warm up so I can get out walking.
Barb- Sad when a grocery delivery is the highlight of our day!!!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3304

Post by Deanna13 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:20 pm

Hey Barb! Hope you get all your Pea Pod order! It's beautiful here today! Bright, sunny and 73 degrees. DH and I just got back from our walk. Seems like alot of people out and about. We didn't pass by anyone closely though.  

I've been trying to catch up on some DVR'd shows and scrapping. Need to catchup on the Vicki Boutin Mixed Media Challenge.

Have a great day and Be Safe, everyone! 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1207

Post by CarrieG » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:40 pm

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

my day has totally been consumed with DH's work from home stuff......it takes a team here to get it done and we still have some end of March paperwork to finish before 4  oyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  im exhausted...lol

im hoping to scrap tonight after things calm down...and im ordering take out from a local place........not gonna mess with cooking after all of this

hope everyone who is ordering for delivering gets what they need....we dont have that here so i have to go to the store when needed...ugh

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2965

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Hey there cherries. Barb, hope you get all you ordered.

I was expecting the worse when I went to HEB this morning but when DH drove by a little after 7am on his way to work he said hardly anybody was there. No line wrapped around the building. So I thought that was promising. They changed their hours and are opening at 8am (instead of 6am) so I got there around 8:35am and WOW! Still, no line outside and there was PLENTY of parking! It was nice! Its been about 10 days since I've been and I loaded up on produce and got everything on my list with very few substitutions (different brand, different flavor, etc). Still no toilet paper or paper towels but our store had TISSUES! And that is more important to me than other paper products with my allergies. They also had eggs! So DH and I are in good shape. I'm almost assuming I won't be going to the store next Friday with it being Good Friday and our grocery store is going to be closed Easter Sunday to give their workers a day off (which they deserve!).

My dad did curbside and it was ready on time and everything. He said he too got everything on his list with the exception of asking for 2 things and he got 1 thing. Or if he asked for a bigger size, they got him the smaller one. But still, I think things are going smoothly despite the crazy and very very different world we live in today. Our grocery store last week put up plexiglass between the cashier and the customer and there is tape on the floor designating "social distancing at 6 ft".

Work is moving along nicely too. I actually finished adding the COVID-19 changes that the state is putting on medical/dental appts for fosterchildren. So I'll be uploading that to the server tonight so I don't have to work this weekend. Yay me!

I probably won't be scrapping tonight. After I do the upgrade, I'll just probably watch TV with DH.
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Monroe1218
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 27

Post by Monroe1218 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Hoping to scrap a little tonight.... it's been quite a while since I've been in my scraproom.  Between working at the hospital, coming home to help Grayson with homework, etc - just can't find the time or the energy. 
Dh's birthday is tomorrow so I imagine I'll be making a cake and something to eat - so may not get to scrap tomorrow....  I had been utilizing the grocery pick up before all of this started, but now it's impossible to get a time.  I waited 2 hours over my scheduled pick up time the last time.  I'm hoping that the people that shouldn't be inside shopping (older, immuno-compromised people) are taking advantage of the pick up and that's why I can't get a time.  I've been trying to shop for dh and I, my parents and my mother in law.... makes for a fun trip.  Lots of different things I don't normally buy. 
Rebecca

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 238

Post by karensay » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:23 pm

I helped load about 500 brown paper bags containing meals for 5 days, into the school buses to be delivered.  We had a chain of people to pass one bag at a time into the buses! I have a long route, way out by a lake. We delivered 36 bags along our route.  I am looking forward to Spring Break next week!  The first bus we loaded had 190 bags to deliver!

no plans to scrap today.  I need to clean up from the layout I finished at midnight last night.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 246

Post by DN in MN » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:13 pm

TGIF is all I got today!  I commend those students who are understanding but the other ones are on my last nerve.  Its like there is no one else on earth but them and the University did this on purpose...For real?  Ok, sorry... that has been my week.  Scrapping?  No... I am hoping to do something tomorrow but we shall see.  

I hope everyone is coping, staying in and doing well!
 Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 34/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

debamas
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 228

Post by debamas » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:04 pm

Fridays, I run any necessary errands before the weekend while I have a nurse to sit with my son. So, they the drive through at the pharmacy, then got curbside service of some delicious seafood to bring home. Thankfully only cooking for myself plus lunch pick for seniors available, I've not had to buymuch. My dil goes for me if really need something. 
Karen, I see school busses dropping off for kids in the neighborhood. It's awsome! Next week, a group I belong to is feeding  the homekess. Not allowed to serve as usual so boxing meals. That gives me something  I can do that helps the community from home. 

Contemplating on what challenge to focus on. Good time to start on the weekend when it's just me and my boy. 

Staying safe here in  nw Florida, praying for my nurse friends!

​​​​​
Debbie

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 242

Post by Vicki R. » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:34 pm

I was able to finish a DT project for the 3rd week of April...excited to be working ahead instead of behind!  We go out for groceries once a week, usually on Monday morning at 6 A.M.  The last 3 weeks there hasn't been more than a dozen people in the store shopping.  It's senior hour from 6-7.  They actually have security at the door to be sure that only seniors are shopping.  That's it for us...back home until next week.  Doing some yard work.  Tomorrow will be the 4th time we've mowed already!  Painting trim on the house and getting deck furniture power washed.  Trying to stay normal....

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 740

Post by pawprints » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:23 pm

karensay wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:23 pm
I helped load about 500 brown paper bags containing meals for 5 days, into the school buses to be delivered.  We had a chain of people to pass one bag at a time into the buses! I have a long route, way out by a lake. We delivered 36 bags along our route.  I am looking forward to Spring Break next week!  The first bus we loaded had 190 bags to deliver!

no plans to scrap today.  I need to clean up from the layout I finished at midnight last night.

What you are doing is awesome!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”