Scrap a Day, April 7th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 741

Scrap a Day, April 7th

Post by pawprints » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:01 am

Hey Cherries. Feeling extra anxious today as dh left for his blood test a little while ago. I hate that he had to go out and I hate that I couldn’t go with him. Once he gets his results at the doctors office he will have to go up to the hospital for the type and cross match blood test. And also to registration for the transfusion on Thursday. Nervous is is an understatement.

I may do some crafting today once he gets home. I want to work on the paper flowers for my mom and a birthday card for her.

Stay safe Cherries. And have a good day.

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Re: Scrap a Day, April 7th

Post by blbabe1234 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:11 am

Good morning Barb and many hugs to you!

I probably won't be scrapping today. Work as always, and right now I'm tweaking a report. It previews fine, and it prints great. But when its converted to PDF, there's extra spaces between sections and one of the "list" items is only listing the 1st 4 items. Not the complete list of 12! Ugh!

I did make it into my room yesterday and started cleaning up my Doodlebug mess. LOL! And now all I have is scraps of the Puppy Love collection! No 12x12 papers whatsoever except a couple of the cut apart cards. ONE single 6x6 sheet of pattern paper along with scraps. Out of the sticker sheet, just a pair of quotes and word bubble. 3 banner flags out of the huge die cut package and a handful of doggie and bone shaped paper clips! And that is ALL! Talk about killing a kit/collection! I still have the washi tape though. But that doesn't count. Those are safe and sound in my doggie washi tape container! 😉

Have a great day cherries!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Post by Deanna13 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:15 am

Barb, keeping good thoughts and prayers that it will all go well with him. I can understand how anxious you must be with him going alone. Hugs!!  💖

Brandy, enjoyed your funnies this morning!  😊

We had thunderstorms this morning, but now it looks like it's moving away and the sun is trying to come out. I hate those rainy, dreary days!! I've just been trying to work on some scrappy assignments this morning since DH is on dayshift this week and I shouldn't have any interruptions. LOL  :-D

Have a great day, everyone! 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1207

Post by CarrieG » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:32 am

Barb--you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers today!!!

nice day here cloudy and warm...good morning for yardwork...so i spent some time on that........it is supposed to hit 90 later and 91 tomorrow....then cool down again a bit....wacky spring weather is the norm here tho

my 2nd order that was on a traveling holiday...lol came today so i can finish a layout that i needed something in it for

DH is working with DD on his school stuff today...(he is paying her sooooooooooo--hmmmmmmmm i dont get paid...LOL)

after i do some tidying etc  i am going to try and go hide and scrap!

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:13 pm

After several weeks of DH experiences dizzyness and out of breath I finally convinced my DH to call his cardiologist.  He is out of the office today but was told he would call tomorrow.  They said the doctor may want him to come into the office.  His heart rate has been in the 40's and his blood pressure has been super low too.  The two new meds he's been on since experiencing A-fib a couple of months ago, has really kicked him in the butt.  So it he does need to go in, I'll be a nervous wreck like Barb.

It's another gorgeous day here so I went out for a walk and talked to a few neighbors who were out.  Then I caught up with my neighbor that I walked with the other day and we walked together - 6ft apart.

I really don't feel like srapping but will continue to back the cut file Leslee had used "Let's Stay Home".
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 958

Post by MTCanuk » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:43 pm

Barb, Hope everything is going ok with your husband’s medical outing.
Chris, Hope you get to the bottom of your husband’s dizziness.  

windy, windy day here!  
cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry.  
trying to see what the six year old grandson wants for his birthday on the 18th.  
he wasn’t much help!!  He was more interested in filming the baby.

have a new cut file to back today, will be working on that.
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:43 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:11 am
Good morning Barb and many hugs to you!

I probably won't be scrapping today. Work as always, and right now I'm tweaking a report. It previews fine, and it prints great. But when its converted to PDF, there's extra spaces between sections and one of the "list" items is only listing the 1st 4 items. Not the complete list of 12! Ugh!

I did make it into my room yesterday and started cleaning up my Doodlebug mess. LOL! And now all I have is scraps of the Puppy Love collection! No 12x12 papers whatsoever except a couple of the cut apart cards. ONE single 6x6 sheet of pattern paper along with scraps. Out of the sticker sheet, just a pair of quotes and word bubble. 3 banner flags out of the huge die cut package and a handful of doggie and bone shaped paper clips! And that is ALL! Talk about killing a kit/collection! I still have the washi tape though. But that doesn't count. Those are safe and sound in my doggie washi tape container! 😉

Have a great day cherries!

Thanks Brandy. Hope you got that problem figured out! And oh no on using up all the Puppy Love papers!!! I know we have to use them, but it is so hard to use any of my Doodlebug papers up!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:45 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:15 am
Barb, keeping good thoughts and prayers that it will all go well with him. I can understand how anxious you must be with him going alone. Hugs!!  💖

Brandy, enjoyed your funnies this morning!  😊

We had thunderstorms this morning, but now it looks like it's moving away and the sun is trying to come out. I hate those rainy, dreary days!! I've just been trying to work on some scrappy assignments this morning since DH is on dayshift this week and I shouldn't have any interruptions. LOL  :-D

Have a great day, everyone! 
Thanks Deanna. I totally appreciate that.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:47 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:32 am
Barb--you and your DH are in my thoughts and prayers today!!!

nice day here cloudy and warm...good morning for yardwork...so i spent some time on that........it is supposed to hit 90 later and 91 tomorrow....then cool down again a bit....wacky spring weather is the norm here tho

my 2nd order that was on a traveling holiday...lol came today so i can finish a layout that i needed something in it for

DH is working with DD on his school stuff today...(he is paying her sooooooooooo--hmmmmmmmm i dont get paid...LOL)

after i do some tidying etc  i am going to try and go hide and scrap!

Thanks Carrie. I'm glad you got a break today. I hope that you did get to go hide and scrap lol.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:01 am

emmapaige wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:13 pm
After several weeks of DH experiences dizzyness and out of breath I finally convinced my DH to call his cardiologist.  He is out of the office today but was told he would call tomorrow.  They said the doctor may want him to come into the office.  His heart rate has been in the 40's and his blood pressure has been super low too.  The two new meds he's been on since experiencing A-fib a couple of months ago, has really kicked him in the butt.  So it he does need to go in, I'll be a nervous wreck like Barb.

It's another gorgeous day here so I went out for a walk and talked to a few neighbors who were out.  Then I caught up with my neighbor that I walked with the other day and we walked together - 6ft apart.

I really don't feel like srapping but will continue to back the cut file Leslee had used "Let's Stay Home".
Oh Chris I am so sorry you and your dh are going through this. I know how upsetting and scared you both must be. But it sounds like he really may have to go in if his bp and heart rate are that low and that he has been so dizzy and out of breath. Just wear your masks and make sure you keep using the Purell while you are there. You could even take a few of your "besties" with you and if you have to grab a door knob grab it with one of the wipes. I take a few wet Clorox wipes with me in the car if I have to go anywhere in case I need to grab something. I picked up some bread at my mom's tonight that she left on her front porch for us and took my gloves and a bunch of the wipes with me. It didn't help that I needed gas too. I picked up the pump with a glove on AND still picked it up with a Clorox wipe. Then threw it all in the trash bin there.

Also… DH found very few people at the doctor's office today. And they all had masks on. And Purell dispensers are usually everywhere there. It doesn't help hearing that Long Island is now considered an epicenter. It's terrifying. Many ((hugs)) to both of you. I hope you don't have to go in and it is just a matter of his doctor having to just adjust one of his meds over the phone.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:05 am

MTCanuk wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:43 pm
Barb, Hope everything is going ok with your husband’s medical outing.
Chris, Hope you get to the bottom of your husband’s dizziness.  

windy, windy day here!  
cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry.  
trying to see what the six year old grandson wants for his birthday on the 18th.  
he wasn’t much help!!  He was more interested in filming the baby.

have a new cut file to back today, will be working on that.
Thanks Leslee. He said there were very few people at the doctor's. Only one person behind the desk and limited staff and only maybe three other patients came and went while he was there. And everyone had masks on. More people at the hospital of course. But everyone was wearing masks.

Image Image Image Image

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 233

Post by druffing » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:37 am

Is this where we just talk?  If so I wanted to post that I have had 2 solid days of absolute UGH and struggled to get a few layouts done.  BUT, one was the challenge for remaking your old layout and I did get TWO finished soooo that was good.  I was proud to turn those in...and I have to say my dd/Lauren/Lola...giggle...did the work on submission.  Bless her heart she helps me so much and my dd/Karina does my titles.  She loves to do them...especially Miss Kate's!  My dh who is missing his cancer bloodwork (and will get it done instead next week I think) is sewing and he is not making quilts which is his love if he can not be building houses-he is a general contractor!  Bless him...he is making jam-may shorts for all 5 grandchildren.  (That is our 16 year old's name for pajama's!!!  Love him!)  He did not sew clothing since doll clothes for Cabbage Patch dolls.  I am so proud of him.  He struggled with the first two and I have to admit that I was a bit short about it...but I said I was sorry...just worried that I did not have my mojo-a word I hate and have to think of another one just for me!  I am writing articles in the middle of submitting here on ACOT and to magazines around the world for publication.  I need my work back (after my Mama died I slowly quit working in the scrapbooking industry and moved to Orlando where I did counted cross stitch and spent a lot of time at Disney as it was OUR favorite place on earth)-it was 16 years since she went to Heaven on March 25 (she died from wrong blood transfusion-hospital error) and I did not go to the cemetery-guilt...we are cemetery people!  I miss her so much!  My Daddy died on August 14, 2011 and life has never been the same without him.  Right now I am concentrating on the seasonal scrapbooking I have to do for my "work" and Disney.  After I get the older Disney pages done I will switch and do pages of my parents for their album.  

Well, enough of my going on..hope y'all are staying well.  I notice a lot of health issues and we have them too.  My breast surgery will be put off until who knows when and my broken foot is just waiting to see how I do this weekend...and if not better I will be seeing my orthopaedic doctor and colleague when I was a PA at UPMC...love him as does my entire family!  Best diagnostician east of Mississippi!  

Stay safe y'all.  I have no ham and do not know what to do about Easter!  
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:59 am

druffing wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:37 am
Is this where we just talk?  If so I wanted to post that I have had 2 solid days of absolute UGH and struggled to get a few layouts done.  BUT, one was the challenge for remaking your old layout and I did get TWO finished soooo that was good.  I was proud to turn those in...and I have to say my dd/Lauren/Lola...giggle...did the work on submission.  Bless her heart she helps me so much and my dd/Karina does my titles.  She loves to do them...especially Miss Kate's!  My dh who is missing his cancer bloodwork (and will get it done instead next week I think) is sewing and he is not making quilts which is his love if he can not be building houses-he is a general contractor!  Bless him...he is making jam-may shorts for all 5 grandchildren.  (That is our 16 year old's name for pajama's!!!  Love him!)  He did not sew clothing since doll clothes for Cabbage Patch dolls.  I am so proud of him.  He struggled with the first two and I have to admit that I was a bit short about it...but I said I was sorry...just worried that I did not have my mojo-a word I hate and have to think of another one just for me!  I am writing articles in the middle of submitting here on ACOT and to magazines around the world for publication.  I need my work back (after my Mama died I slowly quit working in the scrapbooking industry and moved to Orlando where I did counted cross stitch and spent a lot of time at Disney as it was OUR favorite place on earth)-it was 16 years since she went to Heaven on March 25 (she died from wrong blood transfusion-hospital error) and I did not go to the cemetery-guilt...we are cemetery people!  I miss her so much!  My Daddy died on August 14, 2011 and life has never been the same without him.  Right now I am concentrating on the seasonal scrapbooking I have to do for my "work" and Disney.  After I get the older Disney pages done I will switch and do pages of my parents for their album.  

Well, enough of my going on..hope y'all are staying well.  I notice a lot of health issues and we have them too.  My breast surgery will be put off until who knows when and my broken foot is just waiting to see how I do this weekend...and if not better I will be seeing my orthopaedic doctor and colleague when I was a PA at UPMC...love him as does my entire family!  Best diagnostician east of Mississippi!  

Stay safe y'all.  I have no ham and do not know what to do about Easter!  

((Hugs)) on the loss of both of your parents. That is so sad.

That is so cool that your dh sews. It's great that he has something he likes to do while he is home. And I hope that your foot is doing better.

Image Image Image Image

druffing
Cherry Blossom

Post by druffing » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks Barb for your kind thoughts and words.  I did get 4 double layouts done today...more than my personal average!  All are for the challenges here.  I had fun with my granddaughters and daughters in our studio.  And I think I can get a ham tomorrow morning at Giant Eagle.  I hope!  And we had a picnic outside again.  That seems to be our way of getting outside right now.  

I hope all is going well at your home.  Is your husband doing okay?

Debra
Debra R. 

ImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:49 pm

druffing wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:04 pm
Thanks Barb for your kind thoughts and words.  I did get 4 double layouts done today...more than my personal average!  All are for the challenges here.  I had fun with my granddaughters and daughters in our studio.  And I think I can get a ham tomorrow morning at Giant Eagle.  I hope!  And we had a picnic outside again.  That seems to be our way of getting outside right now.  

I hope all is going well at your home.  Is your husband doing okay?

Debra
He is doing good. Thank you Debra.

Image Image Image Image

druffing
Cherry Blossom

Post by druffing » Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 pm

I had to go out today...first time in over 4 weeks.  I got my ham and a few other things including a gift for my husband for Easter at Joann Fabrics.  I will be freaked out for the next 14 days...ha!  The girls said they will choke me before then-*grin*!.  I am a Physician's Assistant when I worked in medicine and I think I am getting anything that comes along.  Haha!  I had my new mask and gloves and I did not touch anything except what I needed.  I am not going out again to a store but I want to get my plants for my garden before too many weeks.  It snowed today and we have been having 70 degrees-in fact, just yesterday!  Crazy weather!  

Have a blessed Easter and stay safe.  You both have my prayers.  
Debra
Debra R. 

ImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:43 pm

druffing wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:26 pm
I had to go out today...first time in over 4 weeks.  I got my ham and a few other things including a gift for my husband for Easter at Joann Fabrics.  I will be freaked out for the next 14 days...ha!  The girls said they will choke me before then-*grin*!.  I am a Physician's Assistant when I worked in medicine and I think I am getting anything that comes along.  Haha!  I had my new mask and gloves and I did not touch anything except what I needed.  I am not going out again to a store but I want to get my plants for my garden before too many weeks.  It snowed today and we have been having 70 degrees-in fact, just yesterday!  Crazy weather!  

Have a blessed Easter and stay safe.  You both have my prayers.  
Debra

Thank you Debra. Glad you got what you needed.

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”