Scrap a Day, April 9th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 741

Scrap a Day, April 9th

Post by pawprints » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:21 pm

Hey Cherries. Raining like mad here today and we are expecting lots of wind and possible thunderstorms. The downpour did not stop Twinkie from staying out in the yard. When she finally came in she was so wet it seriously was as if she had gotten a shower. Soaked to the skin. She was so wet that she wasn't even muddy lol.

I did a lot of work on my mom's paper flowers yesterday. I have a few more to cut and assemble and then I will work on getting them on stems. That is my plan for today. Working on them is also really helping keeping my mind occupied. 

Hope you all have a good day and can get whatever food and supplies you need. But most of all stay safe!

Image Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2966

Re: Scrap a Day, April 9th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi Barb! Silly Twinkie! At least she wasn't muddy! LOL. Good luck finishing up those flowers.

I'm feeling much better today. No crazy sneezing or coughing from allergies. Yesterday DH and I ordered take out from our fave bar and grill around the corner. They gave us so much food we have leftovers! So I'll just reheat things in the oven or air fryer tonight. Easy peasy dinner. Today is DH's Friday, as he is off tomorrow. So it'll be a 3 day weekend for us.

Our ac unit - the smaller one - 2 ton unit - it cools the back room, dining room, laundry room and pantry. Anyways, its not cooling. Hot air is blowing out. So I called the ac companay and they said they could have someone come out today. Won't have a timeframe until 2 hrs before a tech shows up and then they'll call me to touch base. Normally that would irritate me, but where am I going to go anyways? I'm home. And will be home. Hopefully its an easy fix though. At least its on the company's dime. We had this unit installed last August, so its still under warranty.

Anyways, not sure if I'll be scrapping or not today. I guess it depends on what time the service tech shows up today. And how long he has to stay and work!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Visit my blog - Brandy's Lab

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 607

Post by LoreenC » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:41 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 pm
Hi Barb! Silly Twinkie! At least she wasn't muddy! LOL. Good luck finishing up those flowers.

I'm feeling much better today. No crazy sneezing or coughing from allergies. Yesterday DH and I ordered take out from our fave bar and grill around the corner. They gave us so much food we have leftovers! So I'll just reheat things in the oven or air fryer tonight. Easy peasy dinner. Today is DH's Friday, as he is off tomorrow. So it'll be a 3 day weekend for us.

Our ac unit - the smaller one - 2 ton unit - it cools the back room, dining room, laundry room and pantry. Anyways, its not cooling. Hot air is blowing out. So I called the ac companay and they said they could have someone come out today. Won't have a timeframe until 2 hrs before a tech shows up and then they'll call me to touch base. Normally that would irritate me, but where am I going to go anyways? I'm home. And will be home. Hopefully its an easy fix though. At least its on the company's dime. We had this unit installed last August, so its still under warranty.

Anyways, not sure if I'll be scrapping or not today. I guess it depends on what time the service tech shows up today. And how long he has to stay and work!

Glad you are feeling better today, Brandy! My San Antonio kids have also been having allergy flares !
Gook Luck with your air ! 
ImageImageImage

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 607

Post by LoreenC » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:44 pm

pawprints wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:21 pm
Hey Cherries. Raining like mad here today and we are expecting lots of wind and possible thunderstorms. The downpour did not stop Twinkie from staying out in the yard. When she finally came in she was so wet it seriously was as if she had gotten a shower. Soaked to the skin. She was so wet that she wasn't even muddy lol.

I did a lot of work on my mom's paper flowers yesterday. I have a few more to cut and assemble and then I will work on getting them on stems. That is my plan for today. Working on them is also really helping keeping my mind occupied. 

Hope you all have a good day and can get whatever food and supplies you need. But most of all stay safe!

Thats funny about Twinkie! When it rains, Annie will almost refuse to even get her toes wet! Scrapping and crafting really helps to de-stress , I swear it is my Therapy! May not be Less expensive, but its right here at home for easy access!, LOL

ImageImageImage

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Post by Deanna13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:07 pm

Hey everyone! Barb, looking forward to seeing your paper flowers! 

Brandy, glad to hear you're feeling better! Enjoy your 3-day weekend! We finally kicked on our AC yesterday because it was 80 upstairs and now the temps are suppose to drop again! 

Loreen, enjoy your scrappy time! 

We had thunderstorms again during the night which woke us up. It seems to have cleared up this morning, but now we have heavy winds. DH is working so I went down and retrieved all the recycling from the neighbors' yards! The can blew over and about half of it was all over the place! I bungied it so now waiting for the trucks to come. Caught up on a couple scrap videos and now I'm just going to spend the rest of the day scrapping. 

Have a great day, all! 

ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:35 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:32 pm

So glad you are feeling better Brandy. Sorry about your a/c. I'm glad it's still under warrantee, I do remember that you just had it installed last year. Hope it is a quick and easy fix.

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:07 pm
Hey everyone! Barb, looking forward to seeing your paper flowers! 

Brandy, glad to hear you're feeling better! Enjoy your 3-day weekend! We finally kicked on our AC yesterday because it was 80 upstairs and now the temps are suppose to drop again! 

Loreen, enjoy your scrappy time! 

We had thunderstorms again during the night which woke us up. It seems to have cleared up this morning, but now we have heavy winds. DH is working so I went down and retrieved all the recycling from the neighbors' yards! The can blew over and about half of it was all over the place! I bungied it so now waiting for the trucks to come. Caught up on a couple scrap videos and now I'm just going to spend the rest of the day scrapping. 

Have a great day, all! 

I think were are getting those storms now. We are having torrential rain and possible T-storms, and getting very windy. That stinks that you had to go and pick up all your scattered recycles. Ugh. 

Image Image Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 pm

My Alexa keeps lighting up with a notification stating there are severe thunderstorm watches.  It's very windy and we had some rain but no thunder.  So who knows if we can expect more.  Just in case....I'm staying inside.  

We STILL have not heard from Ed's cardiologist office.  I am so pissed off because we have no idea if they are still going to do his procedure on the 24th. Even if we eventually hear from them, it will probably need to be postponed since he has to have bloodwork two weeks before the procedure (which would be tomorrow).  Also when he fell the other night, he got a pretty big gash on his hand and because of his blood thinners we are having a hard time stopping the blood flow.  At one point today we contempated going to the ER.  I'm going to wrap it again in a little bit.

So needless to say, I really don't feel like scrapping or keeping up with the Vicki Boutin challenges.  I might work on a card this afternoon for a DT assignment.  I don't want to wait till the last minute.

Stay safe everyone!!
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1354

Post by emmapaige » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:52 pm
My Alexa keeps lighting up with a notification stating there are severe thunderstorm watches.  It's very windy and we had some rain but no thunder.  So who knows if we can expect more.  Just in case....I'm staying inside.  

We STILL have not heard from Ed's cardiologist office.  I am so pissed off because we have no idea if they are still going to do his procedure on the 24th. Even if we eventually hear from them, it will probably need to be postponed since he has to have bloodwork two weeks before the procedure (which would be tomorrow).  Also when he fell the other night, he got a pretty big gash on his hand and because of his blood thinners we are having a hard time stopping the blood flow.  At one point today we contempated going to the ER.  I'm going to wrap it again in a little bit.

So needless to say, I really don't feel like scrapping or keeping up with the Vicki Boutin challenges.  I might work on a card this afternoon for a DT assignment.  I don't want to wait till the last minute.

Stay safe everyone!!

By the way - he called again this morning so they now have four messages from him.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 362

Post by JAire » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:15 pm

Hum, you all are in my thoughts, always nice to read up on what you are up to. I want to do some more on a page I started, don't even know how long ago, because all I have been doing is sewing and I need a "paper fix". I feel very good about the sewing, tho. I've ordered two batches of photos, one last night and one that is due to be here the next day or two. Had to at least look at pictures last night after finishing a batch of 8 masks and cutting two more last night. Finished those two today.  Now to go finish up that layout. Then see what challenges I can start again, even if it takes me a while.

Joyce Ann

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3317

Post by Deanna13 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:35 pm

emmapaige wrote:

Stay safe everyone!!
Been thinking of you, Chris! That's so difficult with the blood thinners. Brad was on those for about a year and a half after his heart attack. He would be bleeding for the tiniest scratch and had blood veins burst in his eyes 3 different times. Will keep good thoughts that they'll get back to you soon! Hugs! 

ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1207

Post by CarrieG » Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:58 pm

i read everyones posts but now that i am commenting i dont remember what i was going to say to ppl...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  sorry

so i had an ortho appt this morning and he braced me til monday when they could get me into imaging....brace is a pain....cant use my mouse...haaaaaaaaaa  so i took it off to hunt some cherries and post here but its already killing me...grrrrrrrrrr  his tentative plan without seeing the imaging is to go in and stitch the tendon back together and then either brace or cast it..hoping a pin isnt needed...guess i will know more on monday
this one hand stuff is not easy.... :(
DH doesnt have to work tomorrow YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  today was full of busy work with him and helping him grade tests....60 of them...arrrrrrg

i was able with the brace to cut a few layering pieces for a layout so i might try and work on that more later!

HUGS TO ALL!

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:44 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:00 pm
emmapaige wrote:

Stay safe everyone!!

By the way - he called again this morning so they now have four messages from him. 
This is totally outrageous Chris!! A cardiologist office! Seriously!! I feel so bad for both of you. It is terrible that they are not getting back to you!

Image Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:46 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:58 pm
i read everyones posts but now that i am commenting i dont remember what i was going to say to ppl...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa  sorry

so i had an ortho appt this morning and he braced me til monday when they could get me into imaging....brace is a pain....cant use my mouse...haaaaaaaaaa  so i took it off to hunt some cherries and post here but its already killing me...grrrrrrrrrr  his tentative plan without seeing the imaging is to go in and stitch the tendon back together and then either brace or cast it..hoping a pin isnt needed...guess i will know more on monday
this one hand stuff is not easy.... :(
DH doesnt have to work tomorrow YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY  today was full of busy work with him and helping him grade tests....60 of them...arrrrrrg

i was able with the brace to cut a few layering pieces for a layout so i might try and work on that more later!

HUGS TO ALL!

((Hugs)) to you Carrie!

Image Image Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 958

Post by MTCanuk » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 am

The day is done and I am headed to bed.  Beautiful day here with the high around 62.  But guess what??  Tomorrow nigh5 we are in for big changes as a cold front moves in 5-10 inches of snow fo4 Sat. It will be a white Easter here!!  

Oh, Chris!  I just don’t understand why the cardiologist office won’t call back??  I feel lucky I have the private phone number of mine anD can just call her if I need!  

Carrie, Hope you can limp through until next week with your finger.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:45 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:49 am
The day is done and I am headed to bed.  Beautiful day here with the high around 62.  But guess what??  Tomorrow nigh5 we are in for big changes as a cold front moves in 5-10 inches of snow fo4 Sat. It will be a white Easter here!!  

Oh, Chris!  I just don’t understand why the cardiologist office won’t call back??  I feel lucky I have the private phone number of mine anD can just call her if I need!  

Carrie, Hope you can limp through until next week with your finger.  

Snow?! Wow! Enjoy your White Easter!

Image Image Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”