Scrap a Day, May 27th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

Post Reply
User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 36034
Layouts: 747
Location: Long Island, NY

Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by pawprints » Wed May 27, 2020 11:56 am

Hey Cherries. A nice 73 degrees here today. I plan to scrap today and maybe spend some time outside with the girls. It’s sunny right now but supposed to get cloudy later. We’ll see how it goes.

Hope everyone has a great day. Stay safe Cherries.
Image

Image Image  Image Image
 

User avatar
Flasher
Cherry Delight
Posts: 29771
Layouts: 271
Location: The Shores of Lake Erie

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by Flasher » Wed May 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Good morning, Barb!  It's already 80 degrees here!  I was out for a walk, refilled the bird feeders, and took a shower.  Mike's mowing the lawn.  I just boiled some eggs to make egg salad, so that will probably be lunch and dinner.  If anyone here doesn't like it, they can forage for something else in the freezer.   :greenwinkb:

I will be crafty today as I actually woke up with a couple of ideas.  We'll see if my visions pan out!
I don't know what my spirit animal is, but I'm pretty sure it has rabies.

 

User avatar
CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Posts: 8895
Layouts: 1224
Location: Texas

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by CarrieG » Wed May 27, 2020 12:30 pm

good day ladies!

its sunny but not super bright here and we should only be in the low 80's  i like days i dont have to turn the air on...LOL

went and picked up the school meals for the rest of the week ---took my grandson his and the rest is in the fridge/freezer..........i like that they are going to do it for another month.......it has helped greatly with healthy choices especially for the teen!!!!!!!!!!

today is a bit of a struggle to find 8 hours of stuff for DH to do for work--he is very current and organized (taking a bow) but that has a downside...LOL

i do need to go thru the lil chest freezer and the big freezer in the garage and take note of what i have so i dont buy too many duplicates on friday.....i think im set on ground beef for a bit...LOL  that is prob the one thing i hoarded

i have two layouts semi planned and supplies set out...so i would like to get those done..........

User avatar
DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Posts: 13578
Layouts: 257
Location: Duluth, Minnesota

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by DN in MN » Wed May 27, 2020 1:08 pm

Good Afternoon!  On my lunch break and it is a beautiful day here today :)  I took a bit of time this morning and completed a much needed pedicure while I was doing some reports for work, lol.  Didn't paint the little guys but at least my feet feel amazing.  Manicure is in my near future as well.  No point in caring for them as I need to do some weeding and planting this weekend.  

Scrapping could be in the forecast if everything work related stays aligned.  

Make it a great day all!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 43/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   
 

User avatar
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3251
Layouts: 141

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by Ashjoy » Wed May 27, 2020 1:13 pm

Good afternoon.  

I went for a walk this morning.  Tried to clear my head.  Someone said something yesterday that is obviously weighing heavy. Trying to let it go.  

Daughter got home from PA this morning.  They made a long weekend trip to get stuff from storage and see the people that were supposed to be sharing their wedding with.  They came home with a new car and sold her old to a friend that needed a bigger one because they just had a baby.  

I am still in my sweats.  LOL. I am not sure I will get out of them today.  



 
Joyce

User avatar
Ashjoy
Cherry Bomb
Posts: 3251
Layouts: 141

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by Ashjoy » Wed May 27, 2020 1:14 pm

We like the school meals here as well. But last week was the last week at our school that is close. They are doing them from another school through the summer. Not sure we will go as it's about a 20 minute drive and you have to go daily.  They really should do it for the week.  
Joyce

User avatar
emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Posts: 15627
Layouts: 1381
Location: Eagleville PA

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by emmapaige » Wed May 27, 2020 2:38 pm

Good afternoon - we are having another sunny and warm day here.  I'm dreading when it gets really hot because then I live in flip flops but I would not subject anyone to looking at my toes.  I miss my manicurist and I was so spoiled that I have no nail supplies here and even if I did, I'm not flexible enough any more to do my toes.

I just finished a layout for a DT assignment and am going to try to start another before Vicki Boutin comes on Facebook to do her Whatever Wednesday series.  

 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

 ImageImageImageImage
 

User avatar
blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Posts: 66171
Layouts: 2991
Location: Corpus Christi, TX

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Hi cherries! Been a busy day here. On my walk, I had this sweet dog (no collar, no owners around) run up to me. He looked clean, well taken care of and even knew the command SIT as I told him to SIT so I can take his picture and post it on the NextDoor app for our neighborhood. He led the way until he saw someone else walking. Hope he made it home.

Came home, showered, and had coffee before going out to my dad's house to check on the pups as he's babysitting Jasper all day today and tomorrow. Came home, worked all morning, had lunch with DH and then 2 mins after DH left the house, he texts me that there are 3 cop cars parked outside their office! Everyone was at lunch except Austin, his boss. But apparently, some guy was getting chased by the cops. He jumped out, and started shooting! RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICE!!!!! There was a bullet hole in their back fence! WTH is WRONG with people! Geeze!

After that happened, I was on my way back to my dad's house. Came home and then had my 2pm Televisit with my allergist. All is good. Keep doing what I'm doing and to help with the watery, itchy red eyes, I can start using Pataday eye drops. Luckily its OTC. Next followup is one year from now.

Then back to work and my client is filling out some paper work for insurance purposes and they are asking a question and we don't capture that information in any reports. Ugh. So I get manually get that information for her, and then once done, at to my list to create that exact same report! Fun, fun!

Laura - egg salad sounds yummy!! Hope you got to scrap today!
Carrie - a day we don't turn the air on? What's that? They exist? LOL...We've been in the 90s plus for the last couple of months. At least!
Deanna - glad you got in a pedicure. I need to soak my feet soon too
Ashley - sorry to hear you are dealing with something heavy. Hugs.
Chris - yay for a scrappy day

 
~ Brandy Williams ~


Image 
Image Image

User avatar
Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Posts: 28770
Layouts: 1709

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed May 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Yikes, Brandy! That is scary!  Laura, I would love to have your egg salad recipe. I always like it when others make it, but have never made it, myself. :)  I, too, need a pedicure, so I know the problem!  It is definitely hard to do when you can't bend as much as you used to be able to do.  ;)  It is hot, hot, hot here!  Was 90 degrees yesterday and about 86 today...crazy since we were in the 30's just 2 weeks ago.  Paisley and I took an early walk around 10 am and then I have been working on school stuff...last 2 days of online school...woot, woot!  I pray that we don't have to do it to start next school year. :(  It has been so hard to motivate kids and get them to understand anything.  Makes me feel like the bad guy, but I really don't think anything I was expecting was that difficult, especially once I found out who had reliable internet.  All of our students have a school chromebook to use, so that is not an issue.  

I did manage to get the Becky Fleck 173 layout done and killed 2 birds with one stone, because I needed to do a layout for Silvia Romeo for her kit coming out tomorrow!  It is so cool if you do digi and have any kids who perform or if you want to scrap a movie theme. :)  This is for one of my musical seniors.  She had the lead role last year (and a good one this year, but last year's photos fit the color scheme better. lol)

Image

I hope everyone is having a good week...happy hump day! :)
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 36034
Layouts: 747
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by pawprints » Wed May 27, 2020 7:31 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 6:08 pm
Yikes, Brandy! That is scary!  Laura, I would love to have your egg salad recipe. I always like it when others make it, but have never made it, myself. :)  I, too, need a pedicure, so I know the problem!  It is definitely hard to do when you can't bend as much as you used to be able to do.  ;)  It is hot, hot, hot here!  Was 90 degrees yesterday and about 86 today...crazy since we were in the 30's just 2 weeks ago.  Paisley and I took an early walk around 10 am and then I have been working on school stuff...last 2 days of online school...woot, woot!  I pray that we don't have to do it to start next school year. :(  It has been so hard to motivate kids and get them to understand anything.  Makes me feel like the bad guy, but I really don't think anything I was expecting was that difficult, especially once I found out who had reliable internet.  All of our students have a school chromebook to use, so that is not an issue.  

I did manage to get the Becky Fleck 173 layout done and killed 2 birds with one stone, because I needed to do a layout for Silvia Romeo for her kit coming out tomorrow!  It is so cool if you do digi and have any kids who perform or if you want to scrap a movie theme. :)  This is for one of my musical seniors.  She had the lead role last year (and a good one this year, but last year's photos fit the color scheme better. lol)

Image

I hope everyone is having a good week...happy hump day! :)
Wonderful layout Laura! Omg I need a pedi too! I can't wait to be able to have one again.
 
Image

Image Image  Image Image
 

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 36034
Layouts: 747
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by pawprints » Wed May 27, 2020 7:32 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 5:23 pm
Hi cherries! Been a busy day here. On my walk, I had this sweet dog (no collar, no owners around) run up to me. He looked clean, well taken care of and even knew the command SIT as I told him to SIT so I can take his picture and post it on the NextDoor app for our neighborhood. He led the way until he saw someone else walking. Hope he made it home.

Came home, showered, and had coffee before going out to my dad's house to check on the pups as he's babysitting Jasper all day today and tomorrow. Came home, worked all morning, had lunch with DH and then 2 mins after DH left the house, he texts me that there are 3 cop cars parked outside their office! Everyone was at lunch except Austin, his boss. But apparently, some guy was getting chased by the cops. He jumped out, and started shooting! RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR OFFICE!!!!! There was a bullet hole in their back fence! WTH is WRONG with people! Geeze!

After that happened, I was on my way back to my dad's house. Came home and then had my 2pm Televisit with my allergist. All is good. Keep doing what I'm doing and to help with the watery, itchy red eyes, I can start using Pataday eye drops. Luckily its OTC. Next followup is one year from now.

Then back to work and my client is filling out some paper work for insurance purposes and they are asking a question and we don't capture that information in any reports. Ugh. So I get manually get that information for her, and then once done, at to my list to create that exact same report! Fun, fun!

Laura - egg salad sounds yummy!! Hope you got to scrap today!
Carrie - a day we don't turn the air on? What's that? They exist? LOL...We've been in the 90s plus for the last couple of months. At least!
Deanna - glad you got in a pedicure. I need to soak my feet soon too
Ashley - sorry to hear you are dealing with something heavy. Hugs.
Chris - yay for a scrappy day

 
Omg Brandy! That is totally scary!!! And crazy! WTH!!!! I'm glad everyone is ok!!
 
Image

Image Image  Image Image
 

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 36034
Layouts: 747
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by pawprints » Wed May 27, 2020 7:33 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 2:38 pm
Good afternoon - we are having another sunny and warm day here.  I'm dreading when it gets really hot because then I live in flip flops but I would not subject anyone to looking at my toes.  I miss my manicurist and I was so spoiled that I have no nail supplies here and even if I did, I'm not flexible enough any more to do my toes.

I just finished a layout for a DT assignment and am going to try to start another before Vicki Boutin comes on Facebook to do her Whatever Wednesday series.  

I hear you on the pedicure Chris! I need one so bad! And my fingernails are all broken and bendy. My natural nails are paper thin and they just bend and break with whatever I do. Especially cleaning!
Image

Image Image  Image Image
 

User avatar
Duchess72
Cherry Tart
Posts: 71
Layouts: 22
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by Duchess72 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:44 am

Been absent a few days... it's been hot as all get out... 105 today, and I just don't do heat...I swear if I didn't look just like my momma I'd swear they traded me for a baby from Alaska....  Got alerts that my Cherry Shop stuff shipped.... should be here by Friday... I can't wait!!! 
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image
 

User avatar
pawprints
Cherry Crush
Posts: 36034
Layouts: 747
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Scrap a Day, May 27th

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Duchess72 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 2:44 am
Been absent a few days... it's been hot as all get out... 105 today, and I just don't do heat...I swear if I didn't look just like my momma I'd swear they traded me for a baby from Alaska....  Got alerts that my Cherry Shop stuff shipped.... should be here by Friday... I can't wait!!! 

Omg that is HOT! Yay for a Cherry shipment on the way!!
Image

Image Image  Image Image
 

Post Reply

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”