Ack LOL!

Moderator: ACOT Employee

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 937

Ack LOL!

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:28 am

So Dh has to have a quarantine project of the day. Today's project is cleaning / sorting MY craft closet. It was probably supposed to be a linen closet or pantry but I took it over when we moved here. This is where most of the boxes of photos are. Along with several shelves of random craft supplies shoved in there. Everything from yarn, kids crafts, scrapbook stuff, fabric, cross-stitch stuff....yikes lol. We've been here ten years, fyi, haha. The pros are that I don't have to do it but the cons are that he keeps asking me stuff and I'm trying to copy edit LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1224

Re: Ack LOL!

Post by CarrieG » Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 am

send him my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i have a few hot spots that would keep him busy...LOL

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 256

Post by Vicki R. » Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 am

OH!  Don't let him throw anything out!!!  LOL!  You never know when you will need it!

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 am

CarrieG wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:32 am
send him my way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i have a few hot spots that would keep him busy...LOL

Oh I wish I could LOL! I don't know how all the ladies with retired husbands do it. Imma lose my mind soon. These projects are supposed to keep him busy but he keeps involving me LOL! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:47 am

VickiR wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:34 am
OH!  Don't let him throw anything out!!!  LOL!  You never know when you will need it!

Oh no - he knows he would never hear the end of it and would not risk that ROFL!!! That's why he keeps involving me. So far he has done the shelves w/ the photo boxes. He put back a lot of the envelopes that got loose from their yearly boxes but left the loose-loose photos for me to go through. Now that it's too hot to crochet, I can probably do that at night watching TV. So he's making some progress. He has not gotten to the actual supplies yet. I do hear some muttering and cursing, hahaha. Dude, I didn't ask you to do this LOL!  :greenwinkb:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 27

Post by Mommyof5 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:51 am

Ten years can accumulate a lot of stuff!!!  Good luck to your hubby!  LOL AND YOU!  :-D :-D :-D

I have been in my house 25 years i n February...and I have a TON.
When my ex left, all he took was furniture and my personal belongings (long story)
SO I still have all the accumulated knick knacks and odds and ends in my shed, my attic, my closets, and my cake shop turned storage for the last few years. LOL 
I have no desire to tackle any of it! 
Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 am

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:41 am
CarrieG wrote:

Oh I wish I could LOL! I don't know how all the ladies with retired husbands do it. Imma lose my mind soon. These projects are supposed to keep him busy but he keeps involving me LOL!  

as of monday when he goes back to work...DH was home 11 weeks and did pretty much nothing constructive i wanted him to do............i FEAR retirement

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 290

Post by traveler » Thu May 28, 2020 10:59 am

You are brave. I would never let my husband clean any of scrap storage or areas. 

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 984

Post by MTCanuk » Thu May 28, 2020 11:25 am

CarrieG wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:58 am
scrappinmom99 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:

as of monday when he goes back to work...DH was home 11 weeks and did pretty much nothing constructive i wanted him to do............i FEAR retirement 
Welcome to my world, Carrie. He’s been retired for 6 years now. Motorcycle torn apart in garage for over a year.  If I want anything done, I do it or find someone who can!  Thank god my son in law is very handy and I will pay him to help me, as I know they can use the extra $.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 257

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am

oh my... BF would just throw everything away... He is not allowed around my things... 
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 43/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:50 am

Mommyof5 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 10:51 am
Ten years can accumulate a lot of stuff!!!  Good luck to your hubby!  LOL AND YOU!  :-D :-D :-D

I have been in my house 25 years i n February...and I have a TON.
When my ex left, all he took was furniture and my personal belongings (long story)
SO I still have all the accumulated knick knacks and odds and ends in my shed, my attic, my closets, and my cake shop turned storage for the last few years. LOL 
I have no desire to tackle any of it! 

We were in our previous apartment for 15 years and when we moved 10 years ago, we did get rid of alot. But there is still alot here now! And we just have closets for crap - no garage, attic, basement etc. So when it's stuffed, it's stuffed LOL! 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 am

CarrieG wrote:
scrappinmom99 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:

DH has been home for 10 weeks so far and no end in sight here in NYC. We are not even up to "phase 1" of reopening and his job is probably "phase 2". He cannot do his job from home and much of it involves organizing stuff at the office. So that is what he is doing here. Which is great, but the point is kind of okay you go do that and let me work at home like I have been doing for 20 years. But I'm always being involved, which negates the point. Then he wonders why I'm stressed that I am not getting things done as fast as I normally do. And I'm getting used to a new way of freelancing and it's really stressful doing that during quarantine with 3 other people around. I have to say he is great with all the cooking and cleaning he has been doing but let me do my thing too!!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am

DN in MN wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am
oh my... BF would just throw everything away... He is not allowed around my things... 

When he started the project and saw all the photo boxes on the bed, he was like this is crazy, I'm going to torch all of this! (Kidding of course but it was a crazy amt of photos). He's asking do you really need all of this? Then pulls out a random photo of chubby baby Anthony with a teething toy and that was the end of that attitude, haha! Fun fact...we have the most photos from 2001 - 3 photo boxes worth. Gee, ya think? We had a cute 2-year-old and a new camera!  :greeninlove:
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 12:28 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:58 am
DN in MN wrote:

When he started the project and saw all the photo boxes on the bed, he was like this is crazy, I'm going to torch all of this! (Kidding of course but it was a crazy amt of photos). He's asking do you really need all of this? Then pulls out a random photo of chubby baby Anthony with a teething toy and that was the end of that attitude, haha! Fun fact...we have the most photos from 2001 - 3 photo boxes worth. Gee, ya think? We had a cute 2-year-old and a new camera!  :greeninlove: 
Nice!  I have to watch BF like a hawk.  He won't throw pictures but anything else is fair game... everything should have a place or it doesn't belong!  He is a freak... our garage is amazingly organized... 
Image   Image   Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Thu May 28, 2020 12:33 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 11:55 am
CarrieG wrote:
scrappinmom99 wrote:

DH has been home for 10 weeks so far and no end in sight here in NYC. We are not even up to "phase 1" of reopening and his job is probably "phase 2". He cannot do his job from home and much of it involves organizing stuff at the office. So that is what he is doing here. Which is great, but the point is kind of okay you go do that and let me work at home like I have been doing for 20 years. But I'm always being involved, which negates the point. Then he wonders why I'm stressed that I am not getting things done as fast as I normally do. And I'm getting used to a new way of freelancing and it's really stressful doing that during quarantine with 3 other people around. I have to say he is great with all the cooking and cleaning he has been doing but let me do my thing too!! 

ugh  i feel for you...LOL  DH isnt going back to the norm tho--massive modifications....so im sure he will be stressed but he can be stressed there...LOL and ONE case appears in the prison they are shutdown for a min of 3 weeks so he would be home again.....and i would be doing the majority of his work..LMBO

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1381

Post by emmapaige » Thu May 28, 2020 12:59 pm

My husband won't even walk into my room.  I don't blame him because right now it is a total mess and he could really hurt himself.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 642

Post by LoreenC » Thu May 28, 2020 1:46 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:

Ha ha ha, Anne Marie!! When my DH first retired I almost bought a plaque that said” “oh Crap! My retired husband is Now MY full time job!”
oh boy, how right! He can never find anything , and He also thinks I need to be involved in his projects ! !!Lol
 I hear ya, Sista!!!
ImageImageImage

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:28 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
DN in MN wrote:

Nice!  I have to watch BF like a hawk.  He won't throw pictures but anything else is fair game... everything should have a place or it doesn't belong!  He is a freak... our garage is amazingly organized...  

I wouldn't let him reorg the stuff in my actual craft area (bedroom corner). I have a card table and a 6 foot bookcase. No touchy there LOL! This at least is the overflow to the hall closet. He is also an everything should have a place freak. He has been methodically working on the closets so it's been better, but he keeps involving me!! All I can say is thank God for Judge Judy from 4-5pm ROFLMAO!!! And then he cooks dinner for an hour. By that time I am fried. I am trying to get my own work done. 
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

scrappinmom99
Cherry Cola

Post by scrappinmom99 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:22 pm

LoreenC wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:46 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:
CarrieG wrote:

Ha ha ha, Anne Marie!! When my DH first retired I almost bought a plaque that said” “oh Crap! My retired husband is Now MY full time job!”
oh boy, how right! He can never find anything , and He also thinks I need to be involved in his projects ! !!Lol
 I hear ya, Sista!!! 

OMG LOL - I think I need that plaque! You'd think it would be the kids interrupting me all the time.  Then when I put up the folding screen thingy around my desk he gets offended. Dude, it's for all of us. Me too - I need to concentrate. We have sort of an open floor plan. There are no walls between the dining room and living room. My office is a corner of the living room across from the dining room (Think of the corner of an L). Seriously guys. I don't need involvement. I am not bored. I have plenty to do. Let me do it. Omg sorry for the ranting at this point LOL!
Happy Scrapping!
Anne-Marie

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 3:30 pm

scrappinmom99 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm
DN in MN wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:28 pm
scrappinmom99 wrote:

I wouldn't let him reorg the stuff in my actual craft area (bedroom corner). I have a card table and a 6 foot bookcase. No touchy there LOL! This at least is the overflow to the hall closet. He is also an everything should have a place freak. He has been methodically working on the closets so it's been better, but he keeps involving me!! All I can say is thank God for Judge Judy from 4-5pm ROFLMAO!!! And then he cooks dinner for an hour. By that time I am fried. I am trying to get my own work done.  
love it!  at least you have Judge Judy and dinner to look forward to and an organized closet!

Image   Image   Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”