Scrap a Day, May 28th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 747

Scrap a Day, May 28th

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 12:49 pm

Hey Cherries. Just got back from the vet a little while ago. Sky was due for her Rabies shot. All went well, still not going inside. I had the door of my car open so Twinkie could be outside while Sky went in, and my vet was so nice he came outside when the tech brought Sky out and they walked her over to my car. They had on masks and the gown covering their clothes. It was nice to see him even if it was only for a minute.

Sorry if I have not been very talkative the last few days. Been dealing with some really sad stuff going on in the family. My first cousin on my dad's side lost her husband just suddenly last week. He went out for a run and got back in his car and died of a heart attack. So horribly tragic. The whole family is in total shock. He was only in his early 50s. A really, really nice guy. And none of us could go see her and her two children. So very heartbreaking.

Then we just got news a few days ago that my first cousin on my mom's side was sent home from the hospital. Nothing more they can do for him he will have hospice care. The story here is just too sad. He and his wife, who have been together since high school and are only in their 50s, both have cancer. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer years ago. He had surgery and chemo and has been doing really good for years. About 2 and a half years ago she was diagnosed with glioblastoma. She had surgery and they removed what they could but they said it always comes back. They gave her about a year to a year and a half. She was good for quite a while but then it started to come back and she has been on so much chemo and experimental treatments and now high doses of steroids. It has been so heartbreaking seeing the both of them go through this. They don't live close by, they are up in Massachusetts, and even though we don't see each other very often we have such a bond with them. During the last year or so he started to get cancer springing up in different places. He has fought through so much, and was always keeping in shape and doing well but now it's so bad, he can't fight anymore. And my heart is just breaking. So much sadness right now. I can't even.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon outside with the girls throwing the ball, doing some work in the yard, brushing them, and then giving them both a bath in the outdoor shower. Then I washed all five doggie beds. Would you say I was trying to keep busy.

On a good note dd and the kids came by last night to pick up some things I had for them and we got to see her and the kids social distancing style. I got so emotional seeing them. I wanted to hug them so bad. But I was so happy to see them. They were in the car with the windows open and  JJ was so cute she was singing for us and smiling and talking. She is saying full sentences now. Aiden was waving and said he had things he wanted to show me when he was able to be with us. And Maddie, omg she got so tall. She walked over to the front door with her mom when they first came and when I saw her through the glass door I started to cry. I miss them so much. But it was a great visit and I'm so glad they came.

Anyway I guess I'm making up for not saying much the last few days. I didn't scrap, but do hope to today.

Stay safe Cherries, and have a great day.

Image Image  Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2991

Re: Scrap a Day, May 28th

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about all the heart ache Barb. Many hugs and prayers for all!

Glad you got to see the kiddos for a bit last night. And I'm so glad Sky did well at the vet today. Frosty Paws as a treat for later?

Another busy work day here. I finished getting the numbers for my client and about an hour later after sending them to her, she wanted more calculations/numbers. Oy woman! Should have told me that yesterday! So I'll be doing that the next couple of hours at least. Then hopefully I can work on what I started yesterday morning!

I started on a layout Tuesday night and finished it yesterday. I was so undecisive on where to put certain embellies but after taking another look today, I think its done. I just need to upload it. Its for the NSD Rewind - Chris's Older photos challenge.

Hope everyone has a great day!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 1:03 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm
I'm so sorry to hear about all the heart ache Barb. Many hugs and prayers for all!

Glad you got to see the kiddos for a bit last night. And I'm so glad Sky did well at the vet today. Frosty Paws as a treat for later?

Another busy work day here. I finished getting the numbers for my client and about an hour later after sending them to her, she wanted more calculations/numbers. Oy woman! Should have told me that yesterday! So I'll be doing that the next couple of hours at least. Then hopefully I can work on what I started yesterday morning!

I started on a layout Tuesday night and finished it yesterday. I was so undecisive on where to put certain embellies but after taking another look today, I think its done. I just need to upload it. Its for the NSD Rewind - Chris's Older photos challenge.

Thanks Brandy.

They both got treats and banana when we got home. Of course they loved that!

Sorry work is making you crazy!!

Image Image  Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1381

Post by emmapaige » Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 pm

I am so sorry for all your sadness going on in you life right now Barb.  They are all so young and it's just heartbreaking.

My granddaughter, Emma graduated yesterday.  My younger daughter drove up from Delaware to be there.  Of course we weren't there but at least I have some photos to scrap.

The company I retired from shuts their doors tomorrow.  So many nice people that are losing their jobs and it couldn't come at a worse time.  This closing wasn't due to Covid-19.  It had been decided in early January.

I do have this layout to share which hopefully brings a smile since it's a photo of my daughter, her BF and cute little pups on the beach.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

beachlover
Chatty Cherry
Layouts: 1122

Post by beachlover » Thu May 28, 2020 1:18 pm

Barb,

So sorry for the losses in yuor family.  Glad you did get to see DD and the girls!
I am feeling so lazy today.  We had rain and its so hot and humid out.
I was going to scrap, but not feeling it right now.

Have a good day!
Ann ~ Life is always better at the beach!
 view my blog (new)
https://ourhideawayparadise.blogspot.com/ 

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1224

Post by CarrieG » Thu May 28, 2020 1:24 pm

big hugs Barb--so sorry that you are experiencing this!!

ive been up since 5...wth??? LOL

nice and quiet here with DH gone for a few more hours at work meetings

bad thing is im squirrly as all get out and cant focus on scrapping but my house is tidy!  i think i might just be hungry so i cant focus....guess we will see after i eat something...hahahaha

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1381

Post by emmapaige » Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 pm

I'm back with another layout.  It's such a yucky day and I'm feeling a little blah.  I have walked only 3,000 steps and normally I'm up to 6 or 7 by now.  

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:47 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:23 pm
I'm back with another layout.  It's such a yucky day and I'm feeling a little blah.  I have walked only 3,000 steps and normally I'm up to 6 or 7 by now.  

Sorry you're feeling blah Chris. Great layout though. I LOVE those alphas!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Between counting fosterchildren and emailing my client, I got my layout uploaded!

~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 4:20 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 pm
I am so sorry for all your sadness going on in you life right now Barb.  They are all so young and it's just heartbreaking.

My granddaughter, Emma graduated yesterday.  My younger daughter drove up from Delaware to be there.  Of course we weren't there but at least I have some photos to scrap.

The company I retired from shuts their doors tomorrow.  So many nice people that are losing their jobs and it couldn't come at a worse time.  This closing wasn't due to Covid-19.  It had been decided in early January.

I do have this layout to share which hopefully brings a smile since it's a photo of my daughter, her BF and cute little pups on the beach.

Thank you Chris. And yes that layout does bring a smile! I love the bright colors and that adorable photo!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 4:23 pm

beachlover wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:18 pm
Barb,

So sorry for the losses in yuor family.  Glad you did get to see DD and the girls!
I am feeling so lazy today.  We had rain and its so hot and humid out.
I was going to scrap, but not feeling it right now.

Have a good day!

Thank you Ann. And yes it was really great seeing them.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 4:24 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:24 pm
big hugs Barb--so sorry that you are experiencing this!!

ive been up since 5...wth??? LOL

nice and quiet here with DH gone for a few more hours at work meetings

bad thing is im squirrly as all get out and cant focus on scrapping but my house is tidy!  i think i might just be hungry so i cant focus....guess we will see after i eat something...hahahaha

Thank you Carrie. And yes I find it hard to focus when I am hungry too. The Oreos on the kitchen counter are tempting me as we speak. 

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 4:25 pm

emmapaige wrote:

Another sweet layout Chris. The weather has gotten yucky here too.

Image Image  Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 257

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 4:44 pm

pawprints wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:49 pm
Hey Cherries. Just got back from the vet a little while ago. Sky was due for her Rabies shot. All went well, still not going inside. I had the door of my car open so Twinkie could be outside while Sky went in, and my vet was so nice he came outside when the tech brought Sky out and they walked her over to my car. They had on masks and the gown covering their clothes. It was nice to see him even if it was only for a minute.

Sorry if I have not been very talkative the last few days. Been dealing with some really sad stuff going on in the family. My first cousin on my dad's side lost her husband just suddenly last week. He went out for a run and got back in his car and died of a heart attack. So horribly tragic. The whole family is in total shock. He was only in his early 50s. A really, really nice guy. And none of us could go see her and her two children. So very heartbreaking.

Then we just got news a few days ago that my first cousin on my mom's side was sent home from the hospital. Nothing more they can do for him he will have hospice care. The story here is just too sad. He and his wife, who have been together since high school and are only in their 50s, both have cancer. He was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer years ago. He had surgery and chemo and has been doing really good for years. About 2 and a half years ago she was diagnosed with glioblastoma. She had surgery and they removed what they could but they said it always comes back. They gave her about a year to a year and a half. She was good for quite a while but then it started to come back and she has been on so much chemo and experimental treatments and now high doses of steroids. It has been so heartbreaking seeing the both of them go through this. They don't live close by, they are up in Massachusetts, and even though we don't see each other very often we have such a bond with them. During the last year or so he started to get cancer springing up in different places. He has fought through so much, and was always keeping in shape and doing well but now it's so bad, he can't fight anymore. And my heart is just breaking. So much sadness right now. I can't even.

Yesterday I spent the afternoon outside with the girls throwing the ball, doing some work in the yard, brushing them, and then giving them both a bath in the outdoor shower. Then I washed all five doggie beds. Would you say I was trying to keep busy.

On a good note dd and the kids came by last night to pick up some things I had for them and we got to see her and the kids social distancing style. I got so emotional seeing them. I wanted to hug them so bad. But I was so happy to see them. They were in the car with the windows open and  JJ was so cute she was singing for us and smiling and talking. She is saying full sentences now. Aiden was waving and said he had things he wanted to show me when he was able to be with us. And Maddie, omg she got so tall. She walked over to the front door with her mom when they first came and when I saw her through the glass door I started to cry. I miss them so much. But it was a great visit and I'm so glad they came.

Anyway I guess I'm making up for not saying much the last few days. I didn't scrap, but do hope to today.

Stay safe Cherries, and have a great day.

So sorry you and your family are going through all of this and with the restrictions, it just ... sucks...  I am glad to hear Sky's vet appointment went well and you got to see the kids, even if it wasn't a "REAL" visit!  

Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 43/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 4:45 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 12:58 pm

I have one of them "Oy Women" to deal with as well... Oy is right!  
Image   Image   Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 4:48 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Congratulations to your granddaughter and this layout is adorable!  Thanks for sharing :) It is really sad that alot of companies are shutting down whether COVID related or not.  Most of the Tuesday Morning closures aren't due to COVID, even though it was the nail to their coffin.    So many lost jobs for people.  
Image   Image   Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 4:49 pm

emmapaige wrote:

Great layout!  Love the titling :)

Image   Image   Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee

Post by DN in MN » Thu May 28, 2020 4:50 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:48 pm
Between counting fosterchildren and emailing my client, I got my layout uploaded!

Love the tearing and that paper you used for these photos!  

Image   Image   Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3364

Post by Deanna13 » Thu May 28, 2020 5:17 pm

Barb, I'm so sorry for all the loss. That's so heartbreaking. :(  Many prayers and lots of hugs for you. 
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu May 28, 2020 5:31 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 5:17 pm
Barb, I'm so sorry for all the loss. That's so heartbreaking. :(  Many prayers and lots of hugs for you. 

Thank you Deanna.

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”