glitter question

Moderator: ACOT Employee

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 289

glitter question

Post by traveler » Fri May 29, 2020 8:29 am

What sort of adhesive would you suggest if I want to completely cover a die-cut with fine glitter?

I've never had large amount of fine glitter before, so I never would have tried to do this. I use glossy accents or matte accents to put chunky glitter in a flower center. I use a glitter pen to put teeny amounts of fine glitter, but no clue how to do cover something with fine glitter evenly. 

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1223

Re: glitter question

Post by CarrieG » Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 am

i havent used glitter in eons but i used to run it thru my lil xyron sticker thingy

traveler
Cherry Bing

Post by traveler » Fri May 29, 2020 8:49 am

CarrieG wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:46 am
i havent used glitter in eons but i used to run it thru my lil xyron sticker thingy

I don't have one of those.  

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 256

Post by DN in MN » Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 am

Do you have elmers glue or modge podge?  I would put some where you want, add the glitter, when dry add a bit more glue to seal it.
 Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 43/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

traveler
Cherry Bing

Post by traveler » Fri May 29, 2020 9:11 am

DN in MN wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 8:54 am
Do you have elmers glue or modge podge?  I would put some where you want, add the glitter, when dry add a bit more glue to seal it.

Thanks. I have both of those. 

JAire
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 376

Post by JAire » Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 am

Use double sided sticky sheet to make the die cit, especially of its delicate. Then pour it on with a sheet of paper underneath to capture the excess and run it in well with your finger.
Joyce Ann

Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 212

Post by Natalie Dill » Fri May 29, 2020 10:13 am

I was going to use Nuvo glitter paste for something like this the other day, but then I realized that it would be WAY easier to do embossing! I highly suggest glitter embossing powder as it's super less messy. WOW embossing has the prettiest glitter embossing.
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty

traveler
Cherry Bing

Post by traveler » Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am

NatalieDill wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 10:13 am
I was going to use Nuvo glitter paste for something like this the other day, but then I realized that it would be WAY easier to do embossing! I highly suggest glitter embossing powder as it's super less messy. WOW embossing has the prettiest glitter embossing.

I already have the glitter, I won tons of it in my NSD prize. Loose fine glitter is many pretty colors. (I also won chunky glitter, but I have more experience with that). The idea is to use the glitter I already have, preferably with adhesive I already have so I can do it today.

traveler
Cherry Bing

Post by traveler » Fri May 29, 2020 10:17 am

JAire wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 9:44 am
Use double sided sticky sheet to make the die cit, especially of its delicate. Then pour it on with a sheet of paper underneath to capture the excess and run it in well with your finger.

I don't think I have this either.

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 636

Post by LoreenC » Fri May 29, 2020 11:39 am

If you want to do it right away, I would take a piece of scrap and try a couple of glues you have & try them out to decide which works best!! I usually do this with stencils paste and when I get a new glue I use scrap and do tests with it to see how it works!
ImageImageImage

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”