Scrap a Day, May 29th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 747

Scrap a Day, May 29th

Post by pawprints » Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am

Hey Cherries. Just got done wiping down and putting away a Peapod order. My ds is such a big help to me we got it all done. Now I have a bunch of eggs in the Instant Pot and we will have hard boiled eggs in a bit. We have lots of eggs!

Nothing planned today just hope I can scrap. Wasn't feeling it yesterday but hopefully today. The air is very heavy and we are due for storms tonight so I won't be going for a walk or doing anything outside today. Hopefully I don't end up with the grumpies like I did last night. Lol.

Stay safe Cherries and have a great day!

Image Image  Image Image

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 648

Re: Scrap a Day, May 29th

Post by LoreenC » Fri May 29, 2020 11:55 am

Good Luck with the Grumpies!, lol
I think I have done all the Challenges I am going to do here onACOT until the June ones come out! I may be working on some other mini album projects and lining up some photos for June Challenges !
Have a Great Day, no matter what you do!
ImageImageImage

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1224

Post by CarrieG » Fri May 29, 2020 12:34 pm

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh good gravy--i had to do my big bum shopping this morning...took me 3 hours--some of that is due to me being a good customer who follows the arrows so i end up having to go up and down every aisle..LOL  bad thing is i forgot 4 things that were kinda important....so guess where i have to go again....GRRRRRRRRRRRR  stock was good of most everything....but there were things i couldnt find....but not important things

ive wiped everything down and DD is putting it away

got a layout posted this morning and one of my lagging traveling orders came today so im hoping to crack into that today  it was small  just some of the bella blvd chloe collection but i have a pic ready :)

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2991

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:04 pm

Howdy cherries! Barb, I'm so glad you got EGGS!

Carrie - sorry you forgot a few things. Boo!!!

So speaking of groceries, I went this morning and it was like Christmas morning. Hardly anyone around. I was in and out and back home within 30 mins. It was AMAZING! My dad went to get his groceries 2 hours later and he said the same thing - hardly anyone there. Good! Stay away! LOL.

My girls and I have scheduled our Summer Crop for July 18th/19th! And we're having nachos and margaritas! Something to look forward to!

And another set of good news....Jasper is doing GREAT! He started his therapies this week and goes Tues/Fri for all three - OT/PT and Food Therapy. AND his chin is healing nicely. So happy to hear that!

Anyways, back to work for me! Have a great day ladies!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1381

Post by emmapaige » Fri May 29, 2020 1:43 pm

Good afternoon - I drove down to my old company this afternoon since it's the last day before they close for good.  The first guy I saw said he is staying on another month because he works in shipping and receiving and has been there for a very long time and can probably do most of the work of anyone out there.  Then I saw one of the production leads come out and she insisted I come inside.  I put on my mask and didn't touch anything.  It was good to see lots of the ladies I had worked with over the years.  The only lady for the office that was there I didn't know because she came after I retired.  So I walk around a little bit in the office and the the two head people were there but Kim was on the phone so I talked to Tony for quite awhile.  He seemed genuinely happy that I had stopped it. He said a few of them will also be there for another month but that they would all be gone in a month.

Anyway, it was good to get out and see people I had worked with.  I toook extra precaution when I left and when I got home.

I doubt I'll be doing any scrapping but I might try to get at least one started.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Fri May 29, 2020 1:44 pm

pawprints wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:43 am
Hey Cherries. Just got done wiping down and putting away a Peapod order. My ds is such a big help to me we got it all done. Now I have a bunch of eggs in the Instant Pot and we will have hard boiled eggs in a bit. We have lots of eggs!

Nothing planned today just hope I can scrap. Wasn't feeling it yesterday but hopefully today. The air is very heavy and we are due for storms tonight so I won't be going for a walk or doing anything outside today. Hopefully I don't end up with the grumpies like I did last night. Lol.

Stay safe Cherries and have a great day!

Oh my gosh.....yesterday must have been National Blah Day because I was miserable all day and couldn't figure out why.  

Glad you got lots of eggs.  I make my hard boiled eggs in the my IP too.  They come out perfectly.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Fri May 29, 2020 1:45 pm

LoreenC wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:55 am
Good Luck with the Grumpies!, lol
I think I have done all the Challenges I am going to do here onACOT until the June ones come out! I may be working on some other mini album projects and lining up some photos for June Challenges !
Have a Great Day, no matter what you do!

I know sometimes when it gets near the end of the month I'm overwhelmed with how many challenges I still want to do and then end up not doing any of them!!
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Fri May 29, 2020 1:48 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 12:34 pm
TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh good gravy--i had to do my big bum shopping this morning...took me 3 hours--some of that is due to me being a good customer who follows the arrows so i end up having to go up and down every aisle..LOL  bad thing is i forgot 4 things that were kinda important....so guess where i have to go again....GRRRRRRRRRRRR  stock was good of most everything....but there were things i couldnt find....but not important things

ive wiped everything down and DD is putting it away

got a layout posted this morning and one of my lagging traveling orders came today so im hoping to crack into that today  it was small  just some of the bella blvd chloe collection but i have a pic ready :)

I get frusstrated when I don't get everything in my on-line orders because it's usually an ingredient I need for a receipe I'm making.  Glad your got your order today.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Fri May 29, 2020 1:49 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:04 pm
Howdy cherries! Barb, I'm so glad you got EGGS!

Carrie - sorry you forgot a few things. Boo!!!

So speaking of groceries, I went this morning and it was like Christmas morning. Hardly anyone around. I was in and out and back home within 30 mins. It was AMAZING! My dad went to get his groceries 2 hours later and he said the same thing - hardly anyone there. Good! Stay away! LOL.

My girls and I have scheduled our Summer Crop for July 18th/19th! And we're having nachos and margaritas! Something to look forward to!

And another set of good news....Jasper is doing GREAT! He started his therapies this week and goes Tues/Fri for all three - OT/PT and Food Therapy. AND his chin is healing nicely. So happy to hear that!

Anyways, back to work for me! Have a great day ladies!
Awesome you had a successful grocery shopping trip and super awesome that Jasper is doing so well!!! 

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 257

Post by DN in MN » Fri May 29, 2020 1:55 pm

Good Afternoon :)

Yesterday must have been a day for the blahs... I had them bad.. actually might still have them today, lol.  It is so windy here that there is no point in going outside.  Work is under control so I don't know why I am all bah humbug.  I'm sure it will pass by 4:30pm...hahaha.

I am planning on scrappin' tomorrow for sure!  

Stay safe and enjoy the day as best as you can.
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 43/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Fri May 29, 2020 2:01 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 1:55 pm
Good Afternoon :)

Yesterday must have been a day for the blahs... I had them bad.. actually might still have them today, lol.  It is so windy here that there is no point in going outside.  Work is under control so I don't know why I am all bah humbug.  I'm sure it will pass by 4:30pm...hahaha.

I am planning on scrappin' tomorrow for sure!  

Stay safe and enjoy the day as best as you can.

ooooooooooo mustve cuz i was a totally meh blah person yesterday after about 3...............i had a headache and was just not wanting to be around anyone  woke up the same but its getting better

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 986

Post by MTCanuk » Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm

Been keeping busy here this morning.  I baked 5 doz oatmeal choc chip cookies and some banana muffins.  They never last long when the grandkids come over.  I’ll put the majority in the freezer for when it gets hotter. Now I am showered and dressed too.  Have laundry going.

Last night when I was sitting on the couch I heard a strange noise and couldn’t figure out what it was.  Well, the garage door wouldn’t open for dh this morning.  We figured it out- one of the springs broke, so that must have made the noise.  

not sure if I will scrap or sew this afternoon.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 13

Post by SCRAPBOOKINGVLCS » Fri May 29, 2020 2:19 pm

NOT TO MUCH GOING ON HERE.... GLAD 2 HEAR JASPER IS DOING BETTER..... I'M WORKING ON A LO SO 2 SPEAK-- I'M USING THE NEW TIM HOLTZ "SQUIGGLE" STENCIL FOR MY GS'S SQIGGLE PIC'S ON HIS MOM'S PHONE... I'M WORKING ON IT NOW IN CASE IT DOESN'T LOOK RIGHT I CAN COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE FOR THE PAGE PLUS I'M WORKING WITH INK & WANT IT DRIED REALLY GOOD BEFORE I ADD PIC'S TO IT.... OTHERWISE I WILL HAVE THE GS TONIGHT WHEN MOM & DAD GO OUT FOR THE EVENING...
HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT WEEKEND STAY SAVE CHERRIES

VALERIE

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 763

Post by suewho372 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:26 pm

Hello Cherries!

First day in soooo long the sun is out and it is breezy and nice-- supposed to be mid 80's! YAY and it is Friday! I may paint the mantle. I white washed my fireplace over covid stay at home time but then it started in with lots and lots of rain and humidity so I thought I should wait on painting the mantle. White on white.... YAY!!

Barb so glad you had help wiping everything down-- and got lots of eggs!!
Carrie- that happened to me yesterday booo! 
Chris that is so nice you were able to go and see those who are left before it closes for good. It is bittersweet.
Brandy YAY for little Jasper that is so great to hear! and YAY for your fun scrappy party coming up!

Blahs -- yes they suck! It is a little better for me today since the sun is shining.

I don't know on scrapping-- I do have photos and a many challenges I would like to do.... I am not feeling it right at the moment though.

Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1709

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 pm

I so understand the Blahs...we all get them. Good thing not all at the same time, so we can encourage each other! :)  It has already stormed once here...not too bad, then dh went out to powerwash our deck so he can stain it.  I finished all my grading and today was the end of online school, hopefully forever!  lol  Now to try and get back in my scrappy groove.

Carrie, I have to laugh, because my pet peeve of late is all the people obliviously ignoring the arrows in the grocery store and nearly running into me. It definitely makes my shopping take much longer, too. Granted, some of the direction arrows don't make much sense as to the traffic pattern, but they could at least try to follow them and/or realize when they are going the wrong way and turn around!  lol

We are getting a lovely cool front for the weekend (70's...my favorite) and I'm okay with it, because I think 90 degrees in May is just too hot! ;)

Have a great and productive weekend, everybody!

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 27

Post by Mommyof5 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:52 pm

I agree with everyone about the BLAH's!! I had them yesterday and I have them today.  I am trying to motivate myself...but not having any luck.  
maybe my new goodies will help....lol

Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Fri May 29, 2020 5:15 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 pm
I so understand the Blahs...we all get them. Good thing not all at the same time, so we can encourage each other! :)  It has already stormed once here...not too bad, then dh went out to powerwash our deck so he can stain it.  I finished all my grading and today was the end of online school, hopefully forever!  lol  Now to try and get back in my scrappy groove.

Carrie, I have to laugh, because my pet peeve of late is all the people obliviously ignoring the arrows in the grocery store and nearly running into me. It definitely makes my shopping take much longer, too. Granted, some of the direction arrows don't make much sense as to the traffic pattern, but they could at least try to follow them and/or realize when they are going the wrong way and turn around!  lol

We are getting a lovely cool front for the weekend (70's...my favorite) and I'm okay with it, because I think 90 degrees in May is just too hot! ;)

ha my youngest DD said im a "real karen" about arrows...LOL

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri May 29, 2020 6:11 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 5:15 pm
Art_Teacher wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:03 pm

ha my youngest DD said im a "real karen" about arrows...LOL 

LOL...it drives me crazy at school, because the younger jr. high kids can't seem to figure out they need to walk on the right side of the hallway, so they don't run into others going the opposite way!  I have been so tempted to paint arrows down the hall, but I know it would be wasted time, because they won't look at them, anyway!    :-D
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri May 29, 2020 6:17 pm

I actually got a layout done (for the Becky Fleck 174 challenge).  It was my 50th and I have been having trouble scrapping these photos...I call that a win! :)
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

Duchess72
Cherry Tart
Layouts: 22

Post by Duchess72 » Fri May 29, 2020 9:35 pm

Still rather new to ACOT, but totally loving it... I totally get the blahs... been dealing with them for about a week now... hubby surprised me today with an early birthday present, a new HP Envy photoprinter... OMG the quality is amazing. My other printer was leaving lines and creating grainy photos.... not good, so I hadn't really scrapped in earnest for a long while. I broke down and ordered some prints through Snapfish/Walgreens and the quality was pretty crappy, the photo paper was really thin... So happy to have a working printer back in action!!! Anyhow, I really want to be consistent with posting and getting to know ya'll... 

My husband went back to work this week, he makes eyeglasses for Vision Service Plan. So now it's just me and the kitties hanging out here... I also do a creative and self-care podcast and haven't done much of that either... ugh... been so off lately...  So in need of a girl's day... 

My happy place.....
Be you, not them - the Duchess of Sassy Town .... 
I podcast about crafty stuff and encourage others ....
Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”