Scrap a Day, May 31st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 748

Scrap a Day, May 31st

Post by pawprints » Sun May 31, 2020 1:06 pm

Hey Cherries. Being very lazy today and my mind is all over the place. Sorry for the late post. I’m getting my act together now. It’s a beautiful day and I am going to take the girls out for a walk later. And I do want to scrap. I notice that there are some June challenges posted already so I will get the master list set up soon.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe.

Image Image  Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1224

Re: Scrap a Day, May 31st

Post by CarrieG » Sun May 31, 2020 1:25 pm

hello all!

beautiful sunday here....being pretty lazy........DH goes back to work tomorrow..........so that is nice but also means i have to pack lunches again...ha
im really hoping i can shake the blahs that have been hitting mid day........ugh

i realllllly want to get a layout done today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  im getting ready to sort the pics that got messed up yesterday by the cat--so that is a step forward!

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 766

Post by suewho372 » Sun May 31, 2020 1:51 pm

Hi Cherries!
It is beautiful here today too! Got the mowing done. I also finished painting the mantle! White on white. Such a change from the regular brick it has always been.
I had planned on a scrappy weekend and it had not happened at all.
I finally moved all my plants outside this morning so I need to do some cleaning around where they were inside. It always seems so bare around the windows in the summer when I move them out.
So that is probably what I’m going to do the rest of the day if I can motivate myself to get off the couch lol
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 27

Post by Mommyof5 » Sun May 31, 2020 2:08 pm

Good Afternoon!

It is a beautiful day here as well.  I had posted on Friday that I was going to try to get some scrapping done...and ten minutes later, my BF surprised me.  He had booked a hotel in Houston with his points...and we went to stay the night away from the house and kids.  I love them but goodness!   :-D :-D :-D
Then we were going to go to Galveston yesterday, but there was a major traffic issue, so we decided against it and just had lunch together, then went dancing last night with friends, and now we are finally home. 
We had planned on staying gone all weekend, but there were riots at the mall ten minutes from my house... which caused police to be called out...and several officers were attacked.  And rumors started circulation last night that there would be a protest in the shopping center by my house.  Considering my house is one road over from where this protest is supposed to be today, I didn't feel comfortable leaving my kids home alone any longer just in case.  It is kinda scary to think that the riots and destruction could be forming right here by my house.  

I am going to try not to think about the possible riots that may be here later, and I am going to try to do some scrapping.
Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 651

Post by LoreenC » Sun May 31, 2020 2:36 pm

I am going to try to have a positive day and Prepare for June Challenges! With all this crazy terrible news, I have my own. My Daughter in Florida, testing facilities with the National Guard for COVID, has been  in a terrible situation! Please say a Prayer for her and all those in Nursing/and Care facilities that have no choice or voice in their treatment! Please think of any loved ones you could contact to brighten their day and when things get better please check on them!
my DD cannot talk to me about it she is very upset , my SIL told me a little !
ImageImageImage

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 257

Post by DN in MN » Sun May 31, 2020 2:46 pm

We are having a gorgeous day and I am weeding and prepping my gardens!  Woohoo... feels good but I know I won't feel so good later, lol.  I want to wrap up my layout but the need to be outside outweighs that right now.  Maybe later if I have any energy left.  

I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and having a wonderful Sunday!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 43/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun May 31, 2020 3:33 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:25 pm
hello all!

beautiful sunday here....being pretty lazy........DH goes back to work tomorrow..........so that is nice but also means i have to pack lunches again...ha
im really hoping i can shake the blahs that have been hitting mid day........ugh

i realllllly want to get a layout done today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  im getting ready to sort the pics that got messed up yesterday by the cat--so that is a step forward!

I hope you can shake the blahs too. I hope you get your layout done.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun May 31, 2020 3:34 pm

suewho372 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 1:51 pm
Hi Cherries!
It is beautiful here today too! Got the mowing done. I also finished painting the mantle! White on white. Such a change from the regular brick it has always been.
I had planned on a scrappy weekend and it had not happened at all.
I finally moved all my plants outside this morning so I need to do some cleaning around where they were inside. It always seems so bare around the windows in the summer when I move them out.
So that is probably what I’m going to do the rest of the day if I can motivate myself to get off the couch lol

Glad you are getting stuff done Susan. I know about trying to motivate yourself to get up lol.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun May 31, 2020 3:36 pm

Mommyof5 wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:08 pm
Good Afternoon!

It is a beautiful day here as well.  I had posted on Friday that I was going to try to get some scrapping done...and ten minutes later, my BF surprised me.  He had booked a hotel in Houston with his points...and we went to stay the night away from the house and kids.  I love them but goodness!   :-D :-D :-D
Then we were going to go to Galveston yesterday, but there was a major traffic issue, so we decided against it and just had lunch together, then went dancing last night with friends, and now we are finally home. 
We had planned on staying gone all weekend, but there were riots at the mall ten minutes from my house... which caused police to be called out...and several officers were attacked.  And rumors started circulation last night that there would be a protest in the shopping center by my house.  Considering my house is one road over from where this protest is supposed to be today, I didn't feel comfortable leaving my kids home alone any longer just in case.  It is kinda scary to think that the riots and destruction could be forming right here by my house.  

I am going to try not to think about the possible riots that may be here later, and I am going to try to do some scrapping.

It is horrible what is happening. Please stay safe!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun May 31, 2020 3:37 pm

LoreenC wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:36 pm
I am going to try to have a positive day and Prepare for June Challenges! With all this crazy terrible news, I have my own. My Daughter in Florida, testing facilities with the National Guard for COVID, has been  in a terrible situation! Please say a Prayer for her and all those in Nursing/and Care facilities that have no choice or voice in their treatment! Please think of any loved ones you could contact to brighten their day and when things get better please check on them!
my DD cannot talk to me about it she is very upset , my SIL told me a little !

I am so sorry I hope all is well for your dd!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun May 31, 2020 3:39 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 2:46 pm
We are having a gorgeous day and I am weeding and prepping my gardens!  Woohoo... feels good but I know I won't feel so good later, lol.  I want to wrap up my layout but the need to be outside outweighs that right now.  Maybe later if I have any energy left.  

I hope everyone is doing well, staying safe and having a wonderful Sunday!

I know what you mean. I want to try to do a layout but it is really nice out and I want to go for a walk with the girls and clear my mind. Maybe when I get back.

Image Image  Image Image

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 74

Post by Aztam » Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 pm

I have been busy this weekend. Yesterday I printed pics of the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Mesa from last year. I am making a travelers notebook. Since that was one of the make n takes at the Expo, I thought it would be the perfect thing to put all my memories there. My BFF and I went and spent the night. We did classes and crops, it was the most fun. It was our 1st time to crop at that venue and we sat at a super fun table. Anyway, I did a couple of layouts and today I put the rest of the pics in place and I will work on them this week. Hope I can meet some challenges along the way. I have lots of mixed media that I was playing around with so they are quite colorful. 

Tomorrow I will venture out on my 1st shopping trip since March 13th (and I WILL be wearing a mask). We need patio cushions and Tuesday Morning always has had a great selection. The nearest one to me is closing so maybe we will get a good deal, but I won’t be going in if there is much of a crowd. There never has been and I guess that’s why it’s closing.

Wish me luck ladies, Imma lil nervous. I will report on my adventures tomorrow.

safety first
👋

Tam

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:15 am

Aztam wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 10:49 pm
I have been busy this weekend. Yesterday I printed pics of the Stamp and Scrapbook Expo in Mesa from last year. I am making a travelers notebook. Since that was one of the make n takes at the Expo, I thought it would be the perfect thing to put all my memories there. My BFF and I went and spent the night. We did classes and crops, it was the most fun. It was our 1st time to crop at that venue and we sat at a super fun table. Anyway, I did a couple of layouts and today I put the rest of the pics in place and I will work on them this week. Hope I can meet some challenges along the way. I have lots of mixed media that I was playing around with so they are quite colorful. 

Tomorrow I will venture out on my 1st shopping trip since March 13th (and I WILL be wearing a mask). We need patio cushions and Tuesday Morning always has had a great selection. The nearest one to me is closing so maybe we will get a good deal, but I won’t be going in if there is much of a crowd. There never has been and I guess that’s why it’s closing.

Wish me luck ladies, Imma lil nervous. I will report on my adventures tomorrow.

safety first
Have a good shopping trip. And stay safe!

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”