New SCT magazine

Moderator: ACOT Employee

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 238

New SCT magazine

Post by druffing » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:02 am

I just saw the front cover of Scrapbook and Cards Today.  Mine should be coming soon!  I submit to that magazine four times a year and am waiting to have something to catch their eye and get published! :greensmile:   I can't wait to see the double page layouts in this issue.  Since I only make double page layouts, I am always looking for new ideas.  I have a few articles I have written on using page designs and making them into double page layouts and on having time to scrapbook for Christmas that have been submitted to other publications.  In the olden days I was published in the many magazines that we had available in the United States.  I love the magazines from other countries that are available to us!  And most of all I love this board!  I have had sooo many layouts inspired from this board!  Have a great scrapbook day!
Debra

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 271

Re: New SCT magazine

Post by Flasher » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:09 am

I miss the days of magazines and books. Everything went digital, and that's just not the medium for me.  I hope you do eventually catch their eye!
I don't know what my spirit animal is, but I'm pretty sure it has rabies.

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 763

Post by suewho372 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 am

I love SCT! And I subscribe to one of the small sampler subscriptions. I love seeing what they have in their magazine too for inspiration!!!
Hope you get in soon!!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 257

Post by DN in MN » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:19 am

Digital is just not same!  Love SCT and what they do for this hobby!  Debra, I hope you get published soon :) 
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 43/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

Mommyof5
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 27

Post by Mommyof5 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:20 am

I haven't gotten magazines in years.  I miss those days, too. 
I was published a few times in various magazines YEARS ago.  It is an awesome feeling to know that other people are seeing your work and admiring, and possibly even emulating it.  I hope you do catch their eye!!  You have beautiful work, Debra!
Have a Wonderful Day!  ~Misty

druffing
Cherry Blossom

Post by druffing » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:24 am

suewho372 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:16 am
I love SCT! And I subscribe to one of the small sampler subscriptions. I love seeing what they have in their magazine too for inspiration!!!
Hope you get in soon!!

Sue, what is a small sampler subscription?  I should get that also.   :greensmile:
Debra R. 

ImageImage

druffing
Cherry Blossom

Post by druffing » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:30 am

DN in MN wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:19 am
Digital is just not same!  Love SCT and what they do for this hobby!  Debra, I hope you get published soon :) 

Thank you so much!  Me too.  My goal is to send them 30-40 layouts every issue.  So far I bet they think I am insane to send so many!  LOL!  Perhaps they will like one of the autumn designs I sent or one of the Christmas ones that I currently am working on.   :greeninlove:   I love their magazine.
Debra R. 

ImageImage

druffing
Cherry Blossom

Post by druffing » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:32 am

Mommyof5 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:20 am
I haven't gotten magazines in years.  I miss those days, too. 
I was published a few times in various magazines YEARS ago.  It is an awesome feeling to know that other people are seeing your work and admiring, and possibly even emulating it.  I hope you do catch their eye!!  You have beautiful work, Debra!

Thank you so much!  I love being a member here.  I do love magazines.  So glad for the ones that are from other countries.  

Which magazines were you published in?  I used to be published in the magazines years ago also.  You are right...nothing like seeing your name next to a nice layout!  

Debra
Debra R. 

ImageImage

druffing
Cherry Blossom

Post by druffing » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:35 am

Laura wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:09 am
I miss the days of magazines and books. Everything went digital, and that's just not the medium for me.  I hope you do eventually catch their eye!

I seem to have lost my reply to you!!!  Thanks for the cheering!  I am working on Christmas layouts now...and winter.   I so much want to catch their eye to be published.   
Debra R. 

ImageImage

Mathandlit
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 64

Post by Mathandlit » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:00 am

I love SCT too! 

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 256

Post by Vicki R. » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:03 am

I love SBT too and wish there was still a paper copy also.  

I had a wedding shower invitation published years ago in their Wedding Edition.  They sent me 3 free copies of the magazine too.

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 74

Post by Aztam » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:23 am

I love the inspiration of SCT. Their emails are chock full of ideas and some freebies mixed in there. 

Good luck getting published, it will be cool to see it!
👋

Tam

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 2991

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:13 pm

Love SCT too! And I agree, digital is just not the same!

Hope you get published soon and when you do, let us know!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 656

Post by 1scrappymom » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:27 pm

Funny story. I was on a design team back in the day for a Canadian store. They were friends with Catherine from SCT. Catherine was just getting the magazine in the planning stages at that point. I was asked to be in the first issue and went to CHA in Chicago with them. Catherine is about the sweetest person anyone could ever know. I LOVE that her magazine has done so well. The intention was for it to always be available in some form for free and be supported only by ads. It's been fun to watch it grow and evolve. I dropped out of the scrapbook life for a while to go to grad school so my days of published pages came to an end. But it's a wonderful publication and I hope you get pubbed soon! I am partial to 2 page layouts as well. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Vicki R. » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:02 pm

1scrappymom wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:27 pm
Funny story. I was on a design team back in the day for a Canadian store. They were friends with Catherine from SCT. Catherine was just getting the magazine in the planning stages at that point. I was asked to be in the first issue and went to CHA in Chicago with them. Catherine is about the sweetest person anyone could ever know. I LOVE that her magazine has done so well. The intention was for it to always be available in some form for free and be supported only by ads. It's been fun to watch it grow and evolve. I dropped out of the scrapbook life for a while to go to grad school so my days of published pages came to an end. But it's a wonderful publication and I hope you get pubbed soon! I am partial to 2 page layouts as well. 
Awesome Shannon!  I met her at CHA Chicago also!  That location was my very favorite for CHA. 

Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 143

Post by Donna_Coughlin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:20 pm

I was published once in SCT! YEARS ago in 2005, I talked to the editor and she said it was her favorite layout in the magazine that month. I took that as a big compliment although she might say that to everyone! lol Anyway, I just pulled that issue out a few months ago and looked through it. It was the best layout in the magazine! -JUST KIDDING !!!!

Here is the link
[font]https://scrapbookandcards.com/documents ... r_2007.pdf

page 3 the middle circle is a glimpse of the layout
page 67 at the bottom (Great Wolf Lodge) Soaked[/font]

Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 214

Post by Natalie Dill » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:24 pm

Good luck with your goal!

I just checked out the cover - I adore everything Terhi Koskinen does. I honestly think she should be the next big AC designer!!! 

I have never been in SCT mag, but I was published a few times in Creative Scrapbooker Mag. However, I stopped submitting to them because I had to pay $15 or so to send my hard copy layouts to them in Canada and there was no compensation on their end. Do you know if SCT compensates their artists? Or at least pays for their submission postage?

Also, some of my layouts were once almost lost due to some Canadian postal worker strike, so I thought it best to keep them safe at home.
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie

Post by Vicki R. » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:41 pm

NatalieDill wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:24 pm

I just checked out the cover - I adore everything Terhi Koskinen does. I honestly think she should be the next big AC designer!!! 

I have never been in SCT mag, but I was published a few times in Creative Scrapbooker Mag. However, I stopped submitting to them because I had to pay $15 or so to send my hard copy layouts to them in Canada and there was no compensation on their end. Do you know if SCT compensates their artists? Or at least pays for their submission postage?

Also, some of my layouts were once almost lost due to some Canadian postal worker strike, so I thought it best to keep them safe at home.
I am not sure, Natalie.  When I was published in the paper copy, they sent me 3 free magazines.  Creating Keepsakes sent me a check for $50 when I was published in their magazine.  Since they are no long hard copy, I'm not sure what they do.

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 656

Post by 1scrappymom » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:57 pm

NatalieDill wrote:

Last I knew they sent a copy of the magazine as well as some product, but that's been a while ago

Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

Donna_Coughlin
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 143

Post by Donna_Coughlin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:16 pm

NatalieDill wrote:

I think they do now, although not positive.  When I was in the magazine, in  2005 they paid for the postage to Canada and back and they sent me two copies of the issue I was in. I was thrilled at time, so I didn't care if I got paid or not.

I had the same experience with Creative Scrapbook mag. I never sent it in because of the cost. 

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”