Scrap a day, July 1st

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Scrap a day, July 1st

Post by pawprints » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:12 pm

Hey Cherries. Anybody have plans to scrap today? I am going to be working on getting my new challenges up. That’s my plan for today.

Have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image Image  Image Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3408

Re: Scrap a day, July 1st

Post by Deanna13 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Good Morning Barb! Looking forward to your challenges! 😊

I gave our Planet Fitness another try today and was so happy when I walked in as they said they misunderstood the new rules. We actually don't have to wear the masks while working out. But we do walking in, walking from machine to machine, and walking back out. There was definitely a lack of people there today and I wondered if it was because of the masks. 

I've been compiling a list of the new challenges and getting some chores done around the house. Hope to get started scrapping soon.

Have a great day, everyone!
 ImageImageImage

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1229

Post by CarrieG » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm

despite getting up early yesterday my scrappy day went BUST..i did get my BF a bit started and then my day went BOOM!  
my school year day care boys came for part of the day...(they are moving into a new house--so having them here was easier)  the grandson was here for part of the day and i have two occassional drop in kiddos that came for a couple hours...OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i also had to do my big grocery shopping trip in the hell heat.............then there was house work, groc away, make dinner etc...........SHEESH

BUT today NO kids.............and i have gotten my scrappy mess cleaned up and part of my household chores done--just need to get a casserole ready for the oven before it gets too hot!  supposed to be 106 today............weeeeeeeeeeeee  but after today we are just in the high 90's  and trust me--you can notice the difference between 106 and 98  LOL

i am bound and detirmined to get the BF sketch done and start my list of july challenges i want to do etc..............

have a great wednesday all!

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1726

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Hi, everyone! :)
Deanna, that is good that they decided you don't have to wear the mask while working out!  Whew!
Carrie, just reading about your day yesterday made me tired!  In that heat, I'd be doing good to move from my computer chair. lol  Hope you get to scrap today and that you get your "cool down" soon. :)

I haven't done much today.  Bits and pieces of things, really.  I need to keep up with the cleaning and organizing, and hopefully do some layouts for my sil's birthday album.
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 772

Post by suewho372 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:24 pm

Hello Cherries!

Barb- can't wait to see your new Challenges! And I am excited to see who ever has new ones out in the next couple days!
I am excited for a new month and new challenges. Mostly because after today I am done working until Monday so I have PLANS to scrap! (until I am notified my plans are changed lol)!! And this afternoon/evening I should be able to pick up some pics I ordered too!!! Whoooo Hooo!!!
Deanna I am sooo happy you don't have to wear them while working out- talk about heat!! and not being able to breathe!
Carrie- well go for it girl and get that BF finished!! Geeze! 106 sweating bullets! I am very fortunate- I have lots of big trees in my front and back yard so we have quite a  bit of shade, suprisingly that really helps too!!!

Ok I have to eat and do work! 
See ya later on!  

Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 262

Post by DN in MN » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:27 pm

Hello Cherries!

I am working a 1/2 day but already set up my new printer and will be working on some layouts in about an hour!  Super excited to hopefully, get a couple done.  I also need to pick my winners for my June challenges.   BF and I have plans to run errands and eat out later :)  

I hope you all have a wonderful day! 
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

Berta R.
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 539

Post by Berta R. » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 pm

Got 2 layouts finished this morning.  The first one I did because today is my son's birthday (David passed away 2 years ago) and a friend of his found this old photo and I just had to scrap it. 

The second one is for my granddaughter who just announced her engagement.  She's the one who's living here in the trailer.  She finally got word she can start work next week.  And now they're looking for a place to rent in the next town over. 

I plan to scrap today and enjoy this 90 degree weather.  Going to get back into the 100's in a few days....nooooooo!

Hope you all have a good day!

***Berta***

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:35 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:17 pm

I gave our Planet Fitness another try today and was so happy when I walked in as they said they misunderstood the new rules. We actually don't have to wear the masks while working out. But we do walking in, walking from machine to machine, and walking back out. There was definitely a lack of people there today and I wondered if it was because of the masks. 

I've been compiling a list of the new challenges and getting some chores done around the house. Hope to get started scrapping soon.

That sounds more like it. I'm glad they figured that out and you gave it another shot and found out too!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:37 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm
despite getting up early yesterday my scrappy day went BUST..i did get my BF a bit started and then my day went BOOM!  
my school year day care boys came for part of the day...(they are moving into a new house--so having them here was easier)  the grandson was here for part of the day and i have two occassional drop in kiddos that came for a couple hours...OYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

i also had to do my big grocery shopping trip in the hell heat.............then there was house work, groc away, make dinner etc...........SHEESH

BUT today NO kids.............and i have gotten my scrappy mess cleaned up and part of my household chores done--just need to get a casserole ready for the oven before it gets too hot!  supposed to be 106 today............weeeeeeeeeeeee  but after today we are just in the high 90's  and trust me--you can notice the difference between 106 and 98  LOL

i am bound and detirmined to get the BF sketch done and start my list of july challenges i want to do etc..............

Wow that is HOT! Stay cool and scrap!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:41 pm

GmaBerta wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:09 pm
Got 2 layouts finished this morning.  The first one I did because today is my son's birthday (David passed away 2 years ago) and a friend of his found this old photo and I just had to scrap it. 

The second one is for my granddaughter who just announced her engagement.  She's the one who's living here in the trailer.  She finally got word she can start work next week.  And now they're looking for a place to rent in the next town over. 

I plan to scrap today and enjoy this 90 degree weather.  Going to get back into the 100's in a few days....nooooooo!

Hope you all have a good day!

ImageImage
Two beautiful layouts Berta. And so many ((hugs)).

Image Image  Image Image

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 97

Post by Aztam » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 pm

Enjoying seeing the new challenges popping up. I’ve started my priority list with ideas for each challenge. I am really going to have to dig for some photos to fit that sketch for that 1st MMC. I already tried the watercolor technique and the background is pretty cool looking. I used the plastic wrap that dried on the paper, because I thought that one was the least messy. Haha

I have a pic from last school year of my great nephew being selected for a student counsel-ish position in primary school. His teacher chose him to represent his grade. Very impressive, because he is a chatterbox and has questions about everything. Too bad the school year ended right after this group was chosen. So this is my focus for today. Hoping to find the right challenge to make it fit.

Being a procrastinator, I put off storing my photos on my external drive so I added a reminder to my google calendar to give me a nudge. It just went off so that’s another thing on the to do list.

I made Miso sweet potatoes while the hubs was grilling pork chops. He had it for lunch, but I had a late breakfast and will eat my portion for supper. I got the recipe from eatingwell.com . I have gotten a lot of good recipes there. We did the 30 low carb menu in January and have stayed with many of the recipes. I will make the Greek turkey patties tonight and have them ready to grill tomorrow. They sound very yummy. I think it was Laura art_teacher that posted the recipe.

👋

Tam

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3014

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:22 pm

Deanna13 wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:17 pm

Good! Exactly the way it should be! I thought something was weird when you posted yesterday that you guys had to wear a mask while working out. Glad they changed it. Whew!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:42 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:18 pm

Haha! Yes you can!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark

Post by blbabe1234 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:54 pm

Hi cherries! Hugs Berta! Those are both beautiful lyaouts.

It has been a BUSY day here! Decided to go to the store this morning to get groceries for the week since there is no way I'm doing it on my usual Friday. DH has a 3 day weekend and most people do to. And I  thought tomorrow might be crowded too. Good choice! I got everything I needed and everything was well stocked. Win-win! Home to put things away and been working ever since. I will be doing an upgrade for my client tonight so I don't have to worry about it tomorrow or next week.

Hope ya'll have a great day!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:17 pm

Aztam wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:07 pm
Enjoying seeing the new challenges popping up. I’ve started my priority list with ideas for each challenge. I am really going to have to dig for some photos to fit that sketch for that 1st MMC. I already tried the watercolor technique and the background is pretty cool looking. I used the plastic wrap that dried on the paper, because I thought that one was the least messy. Haha

I have a pic from last school year of my great nephew being selected for a student counsel-ish position in primary school. His teacher chose him to represent his grade. Very impressive, because he is a chatterbox and has questions about everything. Too bad the school year ended right after this group was chosen. So this is my focus for today. Hoping to find the right challenge to make it fit.

Being a procrastinator, I put off storing my photos on my external drive so I added a reminder to my google calendar to give me a nudge. It just went off so that’s another thing on the to do list.

I made Miso sweet potatoes while the hubs was grilling pork chops. He had it for lunch, but I had a late breakfast and will eat my portion for supper. I got the recipe from eatingwell.com . I have gotten a lot of good recipes there. We did the 30 low carb menu in January and have stayed with many of the recipes. I will make the Greek turkey patties tonight and have them ready to grill tomorrow. They sound very yummy. I think it was Laura art_teacher that posted the recipe.

Glad you are working on MMC's! :)  Can't wait to see your watercolor background!  Also, I hope you like the Greek turkey burgers...I think they are yummy. lol

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1404

Post by emmapaige » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Good afternoon - I don't know what happened to the day.  It seems like it was 10:00 am about 2 hours ago.  I did go to the grocery store (Wegman's) to make sure I had stuff for the weekend.  I was going to wait until Friday but with the holiday weekend, I thought I should go today.  Still it was pretty busy but people wore masks (I did see a family what appeared to be a mother and young girl who wore masks.  But the teenage boy did not wear a mask. When I saw him, I turned my cart around and went the other direction). 

I worked on a DT assignment which will bring me up today for a couple of weeks and I can start playing with the ACOT challenges.  There's lots of good ones this month.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:23 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:20 pm
Good afternoon - I don't know what happened to the day.  It seems like it was 10:00 am about 2 hours ago.  I did go to the grocery store (Wegman's) to make sure I had stuff for the weekend.  I was going to wait until Friday but with the holiday weekend, I thought I should go today.  Still it was pretty busy but people wore masks (I did see a family what appeared to be a mother and young girl who wore masks.  But the teenage boy did not wear a mask. When I saw him, I turned my cart around and went the other direction). 

I worked on a DT assignment which will bring me up today for a couple of weeks and I can start playing with the ACOT challenges.  There's lots of good ones this month.

I would have turned my cart away too. What part of contagious deadly virus do some people not understand!!! Wear a damn mask!!

Image Image  Image Image

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 672

Post by 1scrappymom » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:32 pm

Hello everyone! So I am midway through my vacation today and I have to say it is going TOO FAST!!!! But I've had a nice time being home so far. I went to the beach on Sunday and burned the top of my foot. Apparently I forgot sunscreen just on the top of my foot. Being a redhead definitely comes with it's issues in the sun! Monday I had a funeral to attend. DH's stepfather had died back in April and we just were able to have the funeral. I gotta admit, I didn't like being around all the people I didn't know. Most people wore masks, so that was nice. My BIL walked around with his mask in his hand. Is there a face-palm emoji???  DS was off work today so he and I ran errands and went to lunch and took a walk downtown. Where some of the windows were broken out from the protests, a group of artists painted murals on the plywood. It was really cool and of course I had to take pictures. Our town has a very strong arts program and I love that!!  Tomorrow, DS and I decided we would go back downtown for lunch again and walk around a different part. It's nice to get out a little. I have been scrapping a little today but honestly trying to get some things done around the house that I never have time to do when I work, but I do want to have some time to relax as well. Next week is gonna be CRAZY when I get back and probably most of the weeks after that, so I'm trying to pace myself! 

Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:51 pm

1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:32 pm
Hello everyone! So I am midway through my vacation today and I have to say it is going TOO FAST!!!! But I've had a nice time being home so far. I went to the beach on Sunday and burned the top of my foot. Apparently I forgot sunscreen just on the top of my foot. Being a redhead definitely comes with it's issues in the sun! Monday I had a funeral to attend. DH's stepfather had died back in April and we just were able to have the funeral. I gotta admit, I didn't like being around all the people I didn't know. Most people wore masks, so that was nice. My BIL walked around with his mask in his hand. Is there a face-palm emoji???  DS was off work today so he and I ran errands and went to lunch and took a walk downtown. Where some of the windows were broken out from the protests, a group of artists painted murals on the plywood. It was really cool and of course I had to take pictures. Our town has a very strong arts program and I love that!!  Tomorrow, DS and I decided we would go back downtown for lunch again and walk around a different part. It's nice to get out a little. I have been scrapping a little today but honestly trying to get some things done around the house that I never have time to do when I work, but I do want to have some time to relax as well. Next week is gonna be CRAZY when I get back and probably most of the weeks after that, so I'm trying to pace myself! 

So glad you are having a nice and relaxing vacation. Sorry you had to attend a funeral though. 

Image Image  Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict

Post by Art_Teacher » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:23 pm

1scrappymom wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:32 pm

They have done the same thing in Columbus, OH.  Tons of cool murals, but I will only see them online, because they are still out there rioting in the Downtown!  Crazy, and I would've thought the heat might put them off, but nope!  At this point the protesters point is lost because of all the damage and it just goes on and on...  Sorry about your DH's stepfather. :(  Hugs!

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”