Scrap a Day, July 3rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Scrap a Day, July 3rd

Post by pawprints » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:58 am

Yes Cherries it’s me! This early! DH left early to go up to the hospital for his transfusion and I got up to see him off. Even though I can’t go with him I still get up when he leaves. I stay up so we can text and he always texts me when he’s settled in and hooked up. We will text off and on throughout the day.

Another humid day here and we’re expecting storms again. As long as we don’t lose power again it can rain all it wants. Lol.

I am sorry my challenges aren’t up yet. Got home from the nail salon yesterday and although it was great and she had done a remarkable job with plexiglass and clear shower type curtains between all the stations, it was the first time I’ve really been anywhere with a bunch of people. I got a little nervous tummy when I got home so never did any work on my challenges. I kind of just chilled the rest of the day. She was really busy, and everyone had masks on except one woman who was waiting had hers pulled down saying she was extremely claustrophobic and for the most part said people just had to deal with it. Well hello. I’m extremely claustrophobic too and it’s hard wearing them for me too. I hope not to get faint when I have it on so long. But we do what we have to do. And of course she was sitting right near me. At least go outside and take a breath.

Today I will work on getting my challenges up. DH is going to be at the hospital for many hours. I need a caffeine boost. Lol. I can’t drink caffeine it makes me sick and gives me extreme anxiety, but I have learned I can have a little once in a while so I usually have a cup of half cafe on transfusion days. I think I’ve kind of conditioned myself. I just have to be careful not to have too much. But it usually helps.

Hope you all have a great day Cherries and stay safe!

Image Image  Image Image

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 772

Re: Scrap a Day, July 3rd

Post by suewho372 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 am

Hello Cherries!! 
Barb I am so happy that you were able to have your mani/pedi....and I hope it was a little relaxing even amongst the anxiety and the lady who was being so selfish!! GEEEZE! Everyone hates wearing the masks and it causes all kinds of issues! Deal with it or stay home!
I hope all is well with your DH... I know it is hard sending him out alone. Lots of hugs. And keeping yourself busy until he gets home I know helps.
It is super hot here already as well--- humidity 92- dewpoint 76 i think . yesterday hit over 100 and today too. I hope your storms don't knock out power again.  We are to have pop up showers all weekend so don't know if it will happen or not. I mowed the back yard yesterday so I have the front and outside the fence in the back sometime this weekend. We will see.
I slept in this morning! after 7!! That is REALLY late for me. Now I feel all weird and off kilter! LOL
I played with the pups outside and fed them and the birds. lol and me (some fruit). 

So I am going to look and see what challenge to work on first!! YAY!!! I have some ideas for rewind floating around in my head. I will see if I can get them out! I really want to get in the gallery today and leave some love.  There is sooooo much awesomeness there and I want to repay the love left for me! 
THANK YOU cherries who have left love for me, it means alot!!  :greeninlove: :greeninlove:
Have a great day! 

Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 262

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am

Good Morning :)

Barb ~ I am glad you were able to go and get your mani/pedi!  I bought all the stuff and do mine at home when I feel like it... haven't so I'm living with stubs right now, lol.  I hope everything goes smooth for you DH.  

Susan ~ I also slept in today... Now, its get stuff done and get busy...even that means my craft space!

It is another hot one, already 81 and its only 9:30am.  Oh well, no plans to go out.  Just stay in and clean/scrap!  

Enjoy your day, Cherries!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1405

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:42 am

Good morning! 

Barb - glad you got your mani and pedi. I’m holding off a little longer but do have a hair appointment in a couple of weeks. Good luck to your DH today. 

Susan - I slept in late too. I was awake at 6:30 and checked out Facebook. then I thought I would just close my eyes and wait for DH to get up. Next thing I know it’s 9:05 and DH has already been up for quite awhile. Enjoy your scrappy time.

I’m kind of sore from cutting up carpet yesterday. Now we’ve got to get the new mat and area rug down. Hopefully there will be scrapping later. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1727

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:59 am

Barb - glad you got your mani/pedi, but I am surprised they even let the lady stay inside with her mask off...here everyone is getting really strict about it.  Several cities, including Columbus have just initiated mandatory mask ordinances for all public businesses, including the grocery stores...finally.  You are to wear one except when you are outside and can social distance at 6 ft.  I think this is an attempt to avoid shutting everything down again, but we will see. So many people really just don't care about others and are convinced this is all a government ploy. smh  Saw many posts yesterday from people in my area saying they just won't go to those places...I think that was the point.  If you don't want to wear a mask, stay home!  Our governor also said we will start school in the Fall (actually in August) and teachers will be required to wear masks, while students are encouraged to wear them.  Makes me feel safe...not!  I can't imagine how this is all going to work, but it is stressing me out, for sure!

Susan, I slept late, too, but for me that is 9:00. ;)  lol  When I got up, I piddled around, doing my usual morning stuff and then took Paisley for her walk.

Chris, I'm sorry you are sore...I wondered if that would be the case when you said you were cutting up carpet...stuff like that gets me, too!

Deanna, our weather is pretty much the same as yours, I think...hot and steamy. lol

86 degrees already by 10 am...bleh!  Supposed to hit 94 here today, and storms.  We haven't had rain for over a week, so I hope we get some, but I still want to keep my electricity, thank you!

DH is only working a half day today and we are going out in our boat to "boat and float."  lol  We anchor in a quiet bay, and swim off the back of the boat, mostly just floating with our pool noodles and our closed container beverages. ;)
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1238

Post by CarrieG » Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am

TGIF!

geez my yesterday was a blur...i didnt even get to scrap......not sure where the day went but it was blinking hottttt and i laid around abit...LOL

today is starting a lil better...just sat down to try and start a layout  so hard to not get distracted tho!
grandson is here all day.........
you can see the dust in the air from africa.......and for some reason the haze makes it feel extra hot

im mentally trying to prepare for DH being home til the 29th after he gets off work today............im having flashbacks...LOL

suewho372
Cherry Cropper

Post by suewho372 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:52 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:42 am
Good morning! 

Barb - glad you got your mani and pedi. I’m holding off a little longer but do have a hair appointment in a couple of weeks. Good luck to your DH today. 

Susan - I slept in late too. I was awake at 6:30 and checked out Facebook. then I thought I would just close my eyes and wait for DH to get up. Next thing I know it’s 9:05 and DH has already been up for quite awhile. Enjoy your scrappy time.

I’m kind of sore from cutting up carpet yesterday. Now we’ve got to get the new mat and area rug down. Hopefully there will be scrapping later. 
Ooooo! New carpet!!! Yay!
Susan

suewho372
Cherry Cropper

Post by suewho372 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am
TGIF!

geez my yesterday was a blur...i didnt even get to scrap......not sure where the day went but it was blinking hottttt and i laid around abit...LOL

today is starting a lil better...just sat down to try and start a layout  so hard to not get distracted tho!
you can see the dust in the air from africa.......and for some reason the haze makes it feel extra hot

im mentally trying to prepare for DH being home til the 29th after he gets off work today............im having flashbacks...LOL
Lol you had me laughing! I hope you have some time to relax and scrap!
Susan

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 pm

pawprints wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:58 am
Yes Cherries it’s me! This early! DH left early to go up to the hospital for his transfusion and I got up to see him off. Even though I can’t go with him I still get up when he leaves. I stay up so we can text and he always texts me when he’s settled in and hooked up. We will text off and on throughout the day.

Another humid day here and we’re expecting storms again. As long as we don’t lose power again it can rain all it wants. Lol.

I am sorry my challenges aren’t up yet. Got home from the nail salon yesterday and although it was great and she had done a remarkable job with plexiglass and clear shower type curtains between all the stations, it was the first time I’ve really been anywhere with a bunch of people. I got a little nervous tummy when I got home so never did any work on my challenges. I kind of just chilled the rest of the day. She was really busy, and everyone had masks on except one woman who was waiting had hers pulled down saying she was extremely claustrophobic and for the most part said people just had to deal with it. Well hello. I’m extremely claustrophobic too and it’s hard wearing them for me too. I hope not to get faint when I have it on so long. But we do what we have to do. And of course she was sitting right near me. At least go outside and take a breath.

Today I will work on getting my challenges up. DH is going to be at the hospital for many hours. I need a caffeine boost. Lol. I can’t drink caffeine it makes me sick and gives me extreme anxiety, but I have learned I can have a little once in a while so I usually have a cup of half cafe on transfusion days. I think I’ve kind of conditioned myself. I just have to be careful not to have too much. But it usually helps.

keeping you both in my thoughts today....
glad you got your pedi/mani  even if it wasnt super relaxing

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:57 pm

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 am
Hello Cherries!! 
Barb I am so happy that you were able to have your mani/pedi....and I hope it was a little relaxing even amongst the anxiety and the lady who was being so selfish!! GEEEZE! Everyone hates wearing the masks and it causes all kinds of issues! Deal with it or stay home!
I hope all is well with your DH... I know it is hard sending him out alone. Lots of hugs. And keeping yourself busy until he gets home I know helps.
It is super hot here already as well--- humidity 92- dewpoint 76 i think . yesterday hit over 100 and today too. I hope your storms don't knock out power again.  We are to have pop up showers all weekend so don't know if it will happen or not. I mowed the back yard yesterday so I have the front and outside the fence in the back sometime this weekend. We will see.
I slept in this morning! after 7!! That is REALLY late for me. Now I feel all weird and off kilter! LOL
I played with the pups outside and fed them and the birds. lol and me (some fruit). 

So I am going to look and see what challenge to work on first!! YAY!!! I have some ideas for rewind floating around in my head. I will see if I can get them out! I really want to get in the gallery today and leave some love.  There is sooooo much awesomeness there and I want to repay the love left for me! 
THANK YOU cherries who have left love for me, it means alot!!  :greeninlove: :greeninlove:
Have a great day! 

ugh you just reminded me the backyard needs mowed.....maybe i will do that tomorrow morning when it is a tad cooler and all in the shade!

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:59 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:42 am
Good morning! 

enjoy the new area rug!!!!!!!!!!  i need to buy another one....i loved the one i had so i think i will just try and find it again on amazon...LOL

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1405

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:05 pm

Well, the rug is down and I think I hate it. Maybe once the dinning room table and chairs are down I’ll like it more. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 238

Post by karensay » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm

went to Camper World and we are now members of the Good Sam Club.  We needed to get a cover for our stove, Baxter's hair flies all over the camper and we don't need it near the burners or underneath the burners.

went to Sam's Club for TP, most people actually had masks on!!!

I need to finish a layout I started in the days of Fancy Pants chipboard flourishes.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 238

Post by karensay » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm

went to Camper World and we are now members of the Good Sam Club.  We needed to get a cover for our stove, Baxter's hair flies all over the camper and we don't need it near the burners or underneath the burners.

went to Sam's Club for TP, most people actually had masks on!!!

I need to finish a layout I started in the days of Fancy Pants chipboard flourishes.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1007

Post by MTCanuk » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:25 pm

Oh, Barb, you were a lot nicer than me.  I would have told her no mask, then get the heck out!  I have no patience for those that can’t abide the rules!  The owner should have been after her.  Hope all goes well for your hubby today.  

currently bubbling away in my jetted tub.  I have been grocery shopping early.  I am still wiping everything down!  Went for my walk and my hips can sure tell I have been taking it easy because of my ankle.  

Got my table piece all sewn together and in the midst of quilting and then a quick job of attaching seam binding!

Going to scrap when I get out of here.  
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:56 pm

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:25 am
Hello Cherries!! 

Have a great day! 

Yes it was very relaxing and omg that pedi felt so good! In the pedi chair I was like in my own little bubble. Lol.

Everything went fine with dh and he just got home. Yay! In the washer with his clothes and in the shower he went.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:02 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:38 am
Good Morning :)

Barb ~ I am glad you were able to go and get your mani/pedi!  I bought all the stuff and do mine at home when I feel like it... haven't so I'm living with stubs right now, lol.  I hope everything goes smooth for you DH.  

Susan ~ I also slept in today... Now, its get stuff done and get busy...even that means my craft space!

It is another hot one, already 81 and its only 9:30am.  Oh well, no plans to go out.  Just stay in and clean/scrap!  

Enjoy your day, Cherries!
Lol mine were all stubs too. She had to start from scratch.

Everything went fine for dh and he is home now. Thank you.

Image Image  Image Image

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 100

Post by Aztam » Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:38 pm

Barb, I am doing my own mani/pedi and you can tell I’m not a professional haha. But oh how I miss those massage chairs...hope the hubs continues to improve.

It was a tease of rain for us yesterday. Clear skies with a high of 103 expected today. Maybe I will get in the pool for a bit since hubs is home and doesn’t have plans. Except pulling weeds and that won’t take long in our rocky landscape.

I didn’t see a BF challenge. Will this week get skipped or did I miss it?

Got my MMCs done and have at least 3 Challenges planned for today. 

Hubs will be grilling so I will probably make some sides or salad. Looking forward to a lazy weekend, but not the fireworks. It’s been so dry around here, I hate the idea of my neighbors shooting off fireworks. I don’t imagine we will have sanctioned fireworks since we are social distancing again, but who knows what these resort hotels will do to draw customers.
👋

Tam

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:09 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:55 pm
pawprints wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:58 am

keeping you both in my thoughts today....
glad you got your pedi/mani  even if it wasnt super relaxing 

Thank you so much. It went well and he has been home for a while now.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:10 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 11:23 am
TGIF!

Lol!

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”