Scrap a Day, July 4th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Scrap a Day, July 4th

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:03 pm

Happy 4th of July Cherries! What is everyone doing today? We have no plans. I am going to go out in the yard and plant some flowers and fill up the doggie's pool for them and of course I'll be throwing the ball. Later on ds, dh and I plan on having a tv marathon of The Wire. We have never seen it and hear it is very good, and dh has the boxed DVD set so we are going to start on that later on. No going to see fireworks this year.

On a sad note, I just got word that my cousin's wife passed last night. I don't know if any of you remember that I lost my cousin just a month ago to cancer, and that he and his wife had been battling cancer for quiet a few years. They each had one of the worst cancers… he had pancreatic and she had glioblastoma. They were only in their late 50s and were together since high school, and leave 4 children and 3 young grandchildren. It is so heartbreaking and I can't believe they are both gone. My heart is aching. Once again we won't be going up to Massachusetts for the funeral, but will probably be able to see the live stream of it like we did for Joe. We can only send virtual hugs.

I am sorry for the downer today. To change the subject, we got our Peapod delivery earlier to replace all the spoiled food we had to throw out from the 9 hour power outage. I threw out so much food it was sickening, but honestly that should be the worst thing that ever happens. It is trivial compared to other things.

I hope you all have a great day Cherries. Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a wonderful 4th of July!

Image Image  Image Image

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 771

Re: Scrap a Day, July 4th

Post by suewho372 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:40 pm

Happy 4th !!!
Barb I’m so sorry to hear so fast after her husband passed. It is terrible. Many hugs.
I’m also sorry about the food spoiling but you are right of that is the worst.

I am on episode 13 of first season of The Wire. WOW.
I will be in and out with the puppies too! They love the outside time. I know your girls do too!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:44 pm

suewho372 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:40 pm
Happy 4th !!!
Barb I’m so sorry to hear so fast after her husband passed. It is terrible. Many hugs.
I’m also sorry about the food spoiling but you are right of that is the worst.

I am on episode 13 of first season of The Wire. WOW.
I will be in and out with the puppies too! They love the outside time. I know your girls do too!

Thank you Susan.

Image Image  Image Image

aheatfan
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 245

Post by aheatfan » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:45 pm

So very sorry about the passing of your family members. Sending sincere prayers to you and your family. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:00 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:45 pm
So very sorry about the passing of your family members. Sending sincere prayers to you and your family. 

Thank you Kristin.

Image Image  Image Image

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 95

Post by Aztam » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:39 pm

Sorry to hear of your cousins’ deaths at such an age. Hope you are ok and can have some relaxing time this weekend.

I am looking forward to our zoom meeting with the kiddos this afternoon, but I had a late start and its almost noon now so I need to get the computer set up for us and maybe get some clothes on. I have lots of blue and I hope to talk hubs into wearing red. Or at least a white tshirt, haha
👋

Tam

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1400

Post by emmapaige » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:02 pm

I am so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing so soon after her husband.  May they rest in peace together.

I had a fun morning / afternoon.  As most of you know, I'm on the Design Team at Sketch N Scrap.  The owner, Lisa wanted to try out the Messenger Room and we ended up with four of us chatting and scrapping.  I got the below layout done for the Movie of the Decade Challenge.  It would be fun if some of us Cherries give this a try.  I was reading up on it and it sounds like you don't necessarily need to be a FB member to join.

We bought a cart from Amazon to put our recycle bins in that has wheels for me to push to the curb.  Between wine bottles and cut up cardboad, the bin can get kind of heavy and we have a pretty sharp incline and I'm always afraid of falling.  I'm glad to report, that it only took us two days to assemble!!  Now we've got another big box to cut up and recycle!  LOL!!!

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3014

Post by blbabe1234 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Hi cherries. Barb, many hugs. Sorry she passed so soon after her husband. Hope you can relax today.

I did the usual Saturday morning stuff - laundry, breakfast, starting the dishwasher. I had given the girls new toys and OMGOODNESS did they have fun or what! Fuzz everywhere! LOL

I did this layout for MMC #1. Had to figure out which older pics I wanted to work with. LOL

~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1725

Post by Art_Teacher » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:01 pm

Barb, I'm so sorry for yours and your family's loss. It is so hard, and cancer is top on my list of things we need to get rid of in this world!  Sending you hugs and prayers for peace. 
Brandy and Chris, those are some terrific layouts!  I think it would be sort of fun to try a virtual crop with Cherries. :)

DH and I have been home today cleaning 45 records for his jukebox.  Did I tell you he has a new hobby?  lol  He bought an old jukebox that looked really good on the outside and was able to clean and fix it up and now he is collecting 45's so he can rotate them in and out of it. It is in our breezeway, so we can play it while we sit on the deck (or dance on the deck. lol)  My Mom & Dad are coming for dinner tomorrow night because my Mom got  a brisket (for 2.99 a pound at our Kroger!) and she wants us to smoke it in the smoker grill.  So tomorrow will be smoked brisket sandwiches, corn on the cob, and watermelon.  Anyway, DH is reloading the jukebox with some records that were my Mom's that she gave him in addition to his birthday gift, and some oldies we know they will love.  :)

I have been feeling so down about my uncle for the past week, because the prognosis seemed so gloomy, but this is my cousin's message on Caring Bridge this morning (they took him off the ventilator yesterday morning...my aunt and cousin's were prepared for him not to make it):

"Dad is truly awake this morning!  He is trying to speak, but says “I can’t...make the words”. I definitely understood “I can’t” and I think he said “make the words”.  He can say yes and no.  It’s still hard to tell how much he understands.  He still isn’t moving his right side.  He looks much more himself today and even sat straight up in bed (as if he wanted to get out of it).  Thankful he looks much better this morning.  Please keep praying for his recovery.  He is no longer attached to anything but monitors...not even oxygen.  They say his lungs sound clear this morning.  They plan to move him out of ICU to the stroke floor probably today (if there is a bed)."

These are baby steps, of course, but so much more positive sounding!  Please keep up the prayers...they are working!
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 261

Post by DN in MN » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:07 am

Barb - So sorry to you and your family for another loss and so soon.  May the both rest in peace together.  I hope you were able to get your mind on the new show and relax a bit.

Chris - wonderful layout and it would be fun to try and set something up... love your layout.

Brandy - love all the pups on your page..so cute!  

Laura - continued prayers for your Uncle and the jukebox sounds so fun, enjoy :)

Yesterday was a whirlwind... for my head anyways.  Went to BF's cousin's for lunch and pretty much gave myself heat stroke.  I live in MN and have never been good when it hits 90.   Got home and drank water and relaxed.  Pizza for dinner and then bed... nothing exciting.  

I hope you all had a wonderful Independence Day.
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Aztam wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:39 pm
Sorry to hear of your cousins’ deaths at such an age. Hope you are ok and can have some relaxing time this weekend.

I am looking forward to our zoom meeting with the kiddos this afternoon, but I had a late start and its almost noon now so I need to get the computer set up for us and maybe get some clothes on. I have lots of blue and I hope to talk hubs into wearing red. Or at least a white tshirt, haha

Thank you Tam. Hope you enjoyed your zoom meeting with the kids. I bet it was fun.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:58 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:02 pm
I am so sorry to hear of your cousin's passing so soon after her husband.  May they rest in peace together.

I had a fun morning / afternoon.  As most of you know, I'm on the Design Team at Sketch N Scrap.  The owner, Lisa wanted to try out the Messenger Room and we ended up with four of us chatting and scrapping.  I got the below layout done for the Movie of the Decade Challenge.  It would be fun if some of us Cherries give this a try.  I was reading up on it and it sounds like you don't necessarily need to be a FB member to join.

We bought a cart from Amazon to put our recycle bins in that has wheels for me to push to the curb.  Between wine bottles and cut up cardboad, the bin can get kind of heavy and we have a pretty sharp incline and I'm always afraid of falling.  I'm glad to report, that it only took us two days to assemble!!  Now we've got another big box to cut up and recycle!  LOL!!!

Thank you Chris.

This is a gorgeous layout! I love the background and the way you picked up the white of her gown for the title is so stunning!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:00 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:17 pm
Hi cherries. Barb, many hugs. Sorry she passed so soon after her husband. Hope you can relax today.

I did the usual Saturday morning stuff - laundry, breakfast, starting the dishwasher. I had given the girls new toys and OMGOODNESS did they have fun or what! Fuzz everywhere! LOL

I did this layout for MMC #1. Had to figure out which older pics I wanted to work with. LOL

Brandy I love this sweet, sweet layout! The soft colors are wonderful and I love the doily!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:04 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:01 pm
Barb, I'm so sorry for yours and your family's loss. It is so hard, and cancer is top on my list of things we need to get rid of in this world!  Sending you hugs and prayers for peace. 
Brandy and Chris, those are some terrific layouts!  I think it would be sort of fun to try a virtual crop with Cherries. :)

DH and I have been home today cleaning 45 records for his jukebox.  Did I tell you he has a new hobby?  lol  He bought an old jukebox that looked really good on the outside and was able to clean and fix it up and now he is collecting 45's so he can rotate them in and out of it. It is in our breezeway, so we can play it while we sit on the deck (or dance on the deck. lol)  My Mom & Dad are coming for dinner tomorrow night because my Mom got  a brisket (for 2.99 a pound at our Kroger!) and she wants us to smoke it in the smoker grill.  So tomorrow will be smoked brisket sandwiches, corn on the cob, and watermelon.  Anyway, DH is reloading the jukebox with some records that were my Mom's that she gave him in addition to his birthday gift, and some oldies we know they will love.  :)

I have been feeling so down about my uncle for the past week, because the prognosis seemed so gloomy, but this is my cousin's message on Caring Bridge this morning (they took him off the ventilator yesterday morning...my aunt and cousin's were prepared for him not to make it):

"Dad is truly awake this morning!  He is trying to speak, but says “I can’t...make the words”. I definitely understood “I can’t” and I think he said “make the words”.  He can say yes and no.  It’s still hard to tell how much he understands.  He still isn’t moving his right side.  He looks much more himself today and even sat straight up in bed (as if he wanted to get out of it).  Thankful he looks much better this morning.  Please keep praying for his recovery.  He is no longer attached to anything but monitors...not even oxygen.  They say his lungs sound clear this morning.  They plan to move him out of ICU to the stroke floor probably today (if there is a bed)."

These are baby steps, of course, but so much more positive sounding!  Please keep up the prayers...they are working!

Thank you Laura.

The news on your uncle doing so much better than expected is amazing! I hope he keeps improving every day!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:08 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:07 am
Barb - So sorry to you and your family for another loss and so soon.  May the both rest in peace together.  I hope you were able to get your mind on the new show and relax a bit.

Chris - wonderful layout and it would be fun to try and set something up... love your layout.

Laura - continued prayers for your Uncle and the jukebox sounds so fun, enjoy :)

Yesterday was a whirlwind... for my head anyways.  Went to BF's cousin's for lunch and pretty much gave myself heat stroke.  I live in MN and have never been good when it hits 90.   Got home and drank water and relaxed.  Pizza for dinner and then bed... nothing exciting.  

Thank you Deanna. I hope you are feeling better!

Image Image  Image Image

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 261

Post by DN in MN » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:18 pm

pawprints wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:08 pm
DN in MN wrote:

Thanks, Barb.  It is one of those things I have dealt with my whole life.  I was obviously meant to live here in the winter and when our summers are normal, lol.
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:51 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:18 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:08 pm
DN in MN wrote:

Thanks, Barb.  It is one of those things I have dealt with my whole life.  I was obviously meant to live here in the winter and when our summers are normal, lol. 

I am the same way. When I was younger I used to faint in the heat. When I had to register for classes at college it was obviously back before computers. No registering online for us. We used to STAND on line lol. Out in the July/August heat. I remember a few times being on line for hours and just when it was about my turn I would faint. Ugh.

Image Image  Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1229

Post by CarrieG » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:02 pm

pawprints wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:03 pm
Happy 4th of July Cherries! What is everyone doing today? We have no plans. I am going to go out in the yard and plant some flowers and fill up the doggie's pool for them and of course I'll be throwing the ball. Later on ds, dh and I plan on having a tv marathon of The Wire. We have never seen it and hear it is very good, and dh has the boxed DVD set so we are going to start on that later on. No going to see fireworks this year.

On a sad note, I just got word that my cousin's wife passed last night. I don't know if any of you remember that I lost my cousin just a month ago to cancer, and that he and his wife had been battling cancer for quiet a few years. They each had one of the worst cancers… he had pancreatic and she had glioblastoma. They were only in their late 50s and were together since high school, and leave 4 children and 3 young grandchildren. It is so heartbreaking and I can't believe they are both gone. My heart is aching. Once again we won't be going up to Massachusetts for the funeral, but will probably be able to see the live stream of it like we did for Joe. We can only send virtual hugs.

I am sorry for the downer today. To change the subject, we got our Peapod delivery earlier to replace all the spoiled food we had to throw out from the 9 hour power outage. I threw out so much food it was sickening, but honestly that should be the worst thing that ever happens. It is trivial compared to other things.

I hope you all have a great day Cherries. Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a wonderful 4th of July!

i am so sorry for the sadness your family is having to go thru in these times!  HUGS

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:03 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:02 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:03 pm

i am so sorry for the sadness your family is having to go thru in these times!  HUGS 
Thanks so much Carrie.

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”