Cardmakers

Moderator: ACOT Employee

lissahope26
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 1181

Cardmakers

Post by lissahope26 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:45 pm

This maybe going on in your state as well. I will be sending in some cards.

NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The state’s office of veteran affairs is launching Project LOVE, an initiative to show veterans love and support during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The office is asking Louisianans to write to more than 600 veterans who live in Louisiana’s five state-run veterans’ homes.
“Our veterans are among our state’s and nation’s most priceless treasures,” Louisiana Department of Veterans Affairs Secretary COL Joey Strickland said. “Writing a letter to them to show them we care is a small token of our appreciation for their service and sacrifice. I encourage all Louisianans throughout this summer to reach out to a veteran living in one of our five veterans’ homes.”
LOVE stands for "love our veterans every day."
Louisianans can address their letters to Project LOVE and send them to one or more of our five veterans’ homes. The homes’ addresses are as follows:
Louisiana Veterans’ Homes:
4739 Highway 10
Jackson, LA 70748
6700 Highway 165 North
Monroe, LA 71203
3130 Arthur Ray Teague Parkway
Bossier City, LA 71112
4080 W. Airline Highway
Reserve, LA 70084
1610 Evangeline Road
Jennings, LA 70546
For more information about LDVA, visit vetaffairs.la.gov, email veteran@la.gov, call 225.219.5000 or follow us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
Melissa H.ImageImage

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 771

Re: Cardmakers

Post by suewho372 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:00 pm

That is so awesome! I will have to do a search and see if Missouri is doing anything like this. I am not a very good card maker but it is the thought that counts!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

Retiree3
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 4291

Post by Retiree3 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks for this info. I always send out cards for the soldiers at Christmas time, but I would love to do this also especially since I live in Louisiana. Thank you again. I will get to work on the cards tomorrow.
Donna
[
Donna-Retiree3-Proud Grandmother of Three Boys!

[highlight=#000000][/highlight]

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 260

Post by Vicki R. » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:16 pm

This is such a great thing to do...we have a veterans' home near us that we do for year round through church.  There are several cardmakers along with me that make cards and send to them.  They are very appreciative of anything you do for them. 

Rachel Kent
ACOT Employee
Layouts: 669

Post by Rachel Kent » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:59 pm

Such a great idea!
Here's the info for Michigan: https://www.michiganveterans.com/a/Mich ... eran-Smile

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”