Is there anything...

Moderator: ACOT Employee

aheatfan
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 245

Is there anything...

Post by aheatfan » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Is there anything that you dislike scrapping, a certain subject, event?  For me, it's Disney.  I LOVE going to Disney, singing Disney, watching Disney but am not fond of scrapping it. There are usually so many photos and it always seems so overwhelming so most of the time I rush through it.  What is your least favorite subject to scrap?

I am about seven layouts away from finishing baby boy #2's first year books and that includes 4 more Disney layouts !!
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 355

Re: Is there anything...

Post by sdwhru » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:43 pm

Mine would probably be the same - Disney or anything I take tons of photos of.  It just takes so long to sort them, etc. before you get to the actual scrapping

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1182

Post by lissahope26 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:58 pm

Hub’s army photos...mostly desert scenes.
Melissa H.ImageImage

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 97

Post by Aztam » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:50 pm

My problem is I have so many events/pics I want to scrapbook but have a hard time after 2 or 3 with the same kit. good thing I have been collecting for years and years! haha
👋

Tam

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1726

Post by Art_Teacher » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:51 pm

I struggle with birthdays...especially adult birthdays. It seems like they are all the same...open presents, blow out candles on cake. lol. Plus, most of the birthday stuff is geared toward kids, but in our family, we celebrate the adults, too! (Or at least we did before covid. :( )
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1229

Post by CarrieG » Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:59 pm

holidays of any kind.........the photos are always a bit hard to scrap

Flasher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 271

Post by Flasher » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:20 pm

Ready for this?  Christmas.  I rarely do holiday pages, but when I do, I avoid Christmas.  Struggle with those pics like mad!  That's why you really don't see any from me!
I don't know what my spirit animal is, but I'm pretty sure it has rabies.

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 260

Post by Vicki R. » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:19 pm

I have to agree with Carrie...holidays.  Most of the photos that I have are candid shots and repetitious in subject...eating, opening gifts, etc.  I try to take one photo of each daughter's family and scrap them.  If there is a special Christmas pic of the grand kids, I will scrap them also.

karensay
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 238

Post by karensay » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:46 pm

Laura wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:20 pm
Ready for this?  Christmas.  I rarely do holiday pages, but when I do, I avoid Christmas.  Struggle with those pics like mad!  That's why you really don't see any from me!

YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I have so many photos and so much paper and many embellishments for Christmas that I cannot bring myself to start. I have 19 Christmas' to do and maybe 7 layouts done for all those years. Same thing with Easter and Halloween, but both those holidays I stopped taking photos of when DD outgrew them.

I have 5 Disney albums - in progress.
Karen in SC
2-page, multi-photo scrapper

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 296

Post by traveler » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:57 am

The same sports, over and over again.
Boring school events like national honor society because the photos are always poor and boring.

aheatfan
Cherry Blossom

Post by aheatfan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:19 am

lissahope26 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:58 pm
Hub’s army photos...mostly desert scenes.

I can imagine that would be hard after a while with a lot of the same subject matter. Grateful for his service :)
🌴Kristin  

aheatfan
Cherry Blossom

Post by aheatfan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:20 am

I agree...it seems like anything that is repetitive like birthdays, holidays, sports...after a while it becomes harder to do and keep original and there are usually lots of photos for these events. Good to know I'm not alone in this boat...now off to finish this Disney trip!!
🌴Kristin  

Natalie Dill
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 227

Post by Natalie Dill » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:31 am

Birthday parties!

I'm not even sure why. I put so much time and planning into these parties and then I almost never even scrap them.
Natalie 💖 🍒  Find more at Dillightfully Crafty

lissahope26
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1182

Post by lissahope26 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:56 am

VickiR wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:19 pm
I have to agree with Carrie...holidays.  Most of the photos that I have are candid shots and repetitious in subject...eating, opening gifts, etc.  I try to take one photo of each daughter's family and scrap them.  If there is a special Christmas pic of the grand kids, I will scrap them also.

I always have a ton of Christmas photos too...usually repetitive things like opening gifts, etc.  What I did for last year's pics was pick out a couple I wanted to scrap.  Then for the rest, I ordered 12x12 collage pages from Persnickity prints.  I slapped all those photos on there and done!
Melissa H.ImageImage

1scrappymom
Cherry Garcia
Layouts: 672

Post by 1scrappymom » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:01 pm

I agree with sports. I feel like I've done the same pictures 100 different ways. I also have a hard time with random pictures we take. 
Shannon
My Blog -->  BlinnsBlog
Instagram --> @onescrappymom71

StacyLee
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 617

Post by StacyLee » Wed Jul 08, 2020 6:38 pm

Holidays, especially Christmas. I have several years not even scrapped. 
Stacy
Visit my blog - #InMyLife

Image   Image

LoreenC
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 684

Post by LoreenC » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:34 am

Yes, Holiday and Birthday are repetitive , I do them a lot for kids albums, I know they like to see them, my problem is IF i get the photos  they are poor quality , especially school( too far away for awards)  and Christmas'(poor lighting and action blurry). My biggest road block is picking the papers I think match!! I mostly depend on sketches to get these done!
ImageImageImage

blfonty
Cherry Cola
Layouts: 670

Post by blfonty » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:54 am

Christmas is hard because it's the same shots over and over. I try to vary my decorations or how I take photos of the tree, mantle, etc. Family shots are harder now that my son is older and does not want to pose with his parents. LOL!
blfonty a.k.a. Bonnie

Image.   Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”