Scrap a Day, July 9th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Scrap a Day, July 9th

Post by pawprints » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 am

Hey Cherries. Another muggy day here. I have my first hair appointment since early February. Going to get a trim and highlights. Thinking of keeping my layers long they have grown out so much. Before that I’ll be watching the live stream of my cousin’s funeral. Barely 5 weeks after her husband. So heartbreaking. My heart aches for their chicken having to bury both parents a little over a month apart. They both fought such a battle, and although we will miss them they are now at peace, together again.

I placed a pick up order at a different supermarket last night. They had some things that I haven’t been able to get with my Peapod deliveries so I’ll be stopping there on the way home. It’s easy to get pick up and delivery dates now. Hope I get everything that I ordered.

Cherries please continue to be safe. And all of you have a great day.

Image Image  Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1238

Re: Scrap a Day, July 9th

Post by CarrieG » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am

Barb--enjoy getting your hair done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my heart goes out to your family with the loss it is going thru!

it is gonna be 107 here today..........horrid--super low humidity but that means we are on praire fire alert...........sigh
for some reason i just cant get my act together lately on getting scrappy stuff done...didnt get the BF done despite it sitting here waiting to be worked on
we just lazed around in the pool last evening..........

soooooooooo im aiming , again, to get some scrapping done..........sigh  i need to hide my phone or something...it seems to be my biggest distraction

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD my baby is 17 today...no big plans  but having cupcakes and still have to figure out dinner.  im also sure it will involve lots of time in the pool...LOL

have a great day ladies!

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 100

Post by Aztam » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:16 am

Ready for a scorcher today. I will be in my craft room all day with my friends on a zoom crop. I am so thankful to have this social outlet as I am still not going out and about. Hubs does all the errands because he is still working so better to let him since he is already exposed to other folks. There have been a few cases but none in his work area. (Yet)

AZ is leading the world in new cases but it is encouraging that fewer people succumbing, however The ICU bed capacity is in the 90% range. Not sure how that plays out with the numbers of actual COVID cases, but apparently lots of folks are pretty dang sick.

I found a page kit with multiple photos of a trip from 2005. I’ve done a couple pages, now I need to find that album haha.

How do you label albums you are still adding to? I remember this one is a postbound so if you have any ideas of how to label the spine please share them with me. Thx
👋

Tam

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3016

Post by blbabe1234 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:44 am

Good morning ladies. Barb, many hugs to ya'll.
Carrie - happy bday to your baby!
Tam - Texas is right behind ya'll!

Nothing new here. Just working. My dad is babysitting again today, so I checked on the pups earlier and will do it again later.

Have a great day!

~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 297

Post by traveler » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:03 pm

Big day here - my son has his in-person high school graduation tonight. They did a virtual one back in June, but now this. Since his class is pretty small, they are allowing 2 parents per graduate to watch, and we can still stay under the state limit. 

I actually scrapped today, this is for my younger son's high school scrapbook, summarizes his second half of the year:
We have the same muggy weather as you, Barb,  I had my first hair appointment in months on Monday, and I have been switching around the grocery deliveries as well. Sorry about the funeral, these are really tough times. 

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1405

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:39 pm

Good afternoon!  DH had a 7:15 am appointment for blood work.  I set the alarm for 6:15 because we wouldn't be taking showers and since I couldn't go in, I didn't worry about my hair or makeup.  I placed a breakfast order for curbside pick up so we were back home a little after 8:00 am.  We typically don't even get up that early. So every time I look at the clock, I can't believe the time.  I will say that I'm getting quite a bit done even though I've been awake since 2:00 am.  I've been cutting up Amazon and some wine boxes to put in the recycle bin since it goes out tonight.  I've also made two cards and will be starting on a layout shortly.

And I lucked out that DH really liked the Pioneer Woman's casserole that Laura had posted earlier this month.  He's even requested leftovers again tonight.  So yipee - that means I don't have to cook.
Last edited by emmapaige on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:44 pm

pawprints wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:25 am
Hey Cherries. Another muggy day here. I have my first hair appointment since early February. Going to get a trim and highlights. Thinking of keeping my layers long they have grown out so much. Before that I’ll be watching the live stream of my cousin’s funeral. Barely 5 weeks after her husband. So heartbreaking. My heart aches for their chicken having to bury both parents a little over a month apart. They both fought such a battle, and although we will miss them they are now at peace, together again.

I placed a pick up order at a different supermarket last night. They had some things that I haven’t been able to get with my Peapod deliveries so I’ll be stopping there on the way home. It’s easy to get pick up and delivery dates now. Hope I get everything that I ordered.

Good luck with the hair appointment.  My appointment is next Wednesday and I'm thinking of keeping my hair a little longer too.  So heartbreaking about your cousins - but lik you said, they are at peace and together again.

I hope you get everything you ordered.  I've been going to the grocery store the last few weeks and have felt very safe.  When I was ordering online, I ordered way too much and had trouble getting everything in the freezer and /or ended up throwing stuff out because they would expire before I could use them.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:45 pm

pawprints wrote:

Good luck with the hair appointment.  My appointment is next Wednesday and I'm thinking of keeping my hair a little longer too.  So heartbreaking about your cousins - but lik you said, they are at peace and together again.

I hope you get everything you ordered.  I've been going to the grocery store the last few weeks and have felt very safe.  When I was ordering online, I ordered way too much and had trouble getting everything in the freezer and /or ended up throwing stuff out because they would expire before I could use them.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:46 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am

it is gonna be 107 here today..........horrid--super low humidity but that means we are on praire fire alert...........sigh
for some reason i just cant get my act together lately on getting scrappy stuff done...didnt get the BF done despite it sitting here waiting to be worked on

soooooooooo im aiming , again, to get some scrapping done..........sigh  i need to hide my phone or something...it seems to be my biggest distraction

ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD my baby is 17 today...no big plans  but having cupcakes and still have to figure out dinner.  im also sure it will involve lots of time in the pool...LOL

have a great day ladies!

I can't image 107 degrees!! And happy birthday to your baby!!I remember when you first started sharing layouts here and she was so young.  They certainly grow so quickly.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:51 pm

Aztam wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:16 am
Ready for a scorcher today. I will be in my craft room all day with my friends on a zoom crop. I am so thankful to have this social outlet as I am still not going out and about. Hubs does all the errands because he is still working so better to let him since he is already exposed to other folks. There have been a few cases but none in his work area. (Yet)

AZ is leading the world in new cases but it is encouraging that fewer people succumbing, however The ICU bed capacity is in the 90% range. Not sure how that plays out with the numbers of actual COVID cases, but apparently lots of folks are pretty dang sick.

I found a page kit with multiple photos of a trip from 2005. I’ve done a couple pages, now I need to find that album haha.

How do you label albums you are still adding to? I remember this one is a postbound so if you have any ideas of how to label the spine please share them with me. Thx
That is so cool that you do a Zoom Crop with your friends.  We really should try and organize something like that here.  I did one on Facebook Messenger last weekend and it was fun.  It's so cool to hear the voices of people you've never met in real life.  I had posted a video on Facebook during our hail storm and both Carrie and Anne-Marie mentioned that my voice didn't sound like they thought it would.  LOL!!

Stay Safe - it's good your DH can run all the errands.  It's the opposite here since I'm the one doing it.  I'm in fairly good health but DH has all kinds of medical issues so I keep in in bubble wrap as much as possible.

** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:52 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:44 am

Nothing new here. Just working. My dad is babysitting again today, so I checked on the pups earlier and will do it again later.

Have a great day!

That's great that you can help your dad like that.  Enjoy your time with the pups.
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry

Post by emmapaige » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:55 pm

trainmom wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:03 pm
Big day here - my son has his in-person high school graduation tonight. They did a virtual one back in June, but now this. Since his class is pretty small, they are allowing 2 parents per graduate to watch, and we can still stay under the state limit. 

I actually scrapped today, this is for my younger son's high school scrapbook, summarizes his second half of the year:
Imagej
We have the same muggy weather as you, Barb,  I had my first hair appointment in months on Monday, and I have been switching around the grocery deliveries as well. Sorry about the funeral, these are really tough times. 

Both my granddaughters were allow the two parents plus one.  My stepson attended Paige's and my daughter attended Emma's.  What a great layout and journaling.  And he even posed for the picture!!!
** Chris **

ImageImageImageImage

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 100

Post by Aztam » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:25 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:51 pm
Aztam wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:16 am

That is so cool that you do a Zoom Crop with your friends.  We really should try and organize something like that here.  I did one on Facebook Messenger last weekend and it was fun.  It's so cool to hear the voices of people you've never met in real life.  I had posted a video on Facebook during our hail storm and both Carrie and Anne-Marie mentioned that my voice didn't sound like they thought it would.  LOL!!

Stay Safe - it's good your DH can run all the errands.  It's the opposite here since I'm the one doing it.  I'm in fairly good health but DH has all kinds of medical issues so I keep in in bubble wrap as much as possible.

zoom has been a link to my friends and family. Very grateful we can all be together, because when we are speaking individually I forget to tell them things, haha Wonder if Cherry Crafters fb group would consider an on-line crop. Sounds like a fun time hearing folks you've only communicated with in writing. 

Keeping your DH safe is the best plan! 

👋

Tam

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1727

Post by Art_Teacher » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:38 pm

Hi, all!  Not as hot as you are in Texas, but still a scorcher here at 95 humid degrees. ;)  I had a massage this morning...I scheduled this appointment 2 months ago!  It was wonderful.  My massage therapist works out of our chiropractor's office, and so everyone is wearing masks and they have spaced out all the equipment and cleaning everything between patients. I did not have to wear a mask while I was face down on her table, so it was lovely!  :)  We are still planning to have our outdoor graduation for our class of 50 graduates. They can each bring 9 family members, and they will be spread in groups over our entire football field.  Pretty sure that those on the ends will need binoculars to see, but they will be able to hear through the PA system.  This is if it the weather cooperates...so far, not supposed to rain, so yay!  Otherwise, we will extend the graduation by 2 hours and stagger the groups going through the gym and out the back. Definitely not traditional, but at least they get a real graduation.

Glad you are getting your haircut, Barb. It is such a good feeling (and I felt my hair stylist kept her salon very safe).  
Carrie, enjoy your pool day and tell your daughter Happy Birthday from Ohio! :)
Chris, glad your hubby liked the Pioneer Woman's dish...it is very yummy and yay for leftovers that you actually look forward to eating!
Tam, I am also wondering how to lable my postbound albums...they are different colors, but I keep mixing them up, so that's not really working. lol
Louise, Happy Graduation to your son. Glad they get to actually have one!

I am going to be working on some gifts for grads/photo collages from my musical kids. It is always fun to look back on their 4 years in the musical and put together the photos. :)
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:42 pm

trainmom wrote:

woot woot for graduation!  and great layout!!!

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry

Post by CarrieG » Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:38 pm
Hi, all!  Not as hot as you are in Texas, but still a scorcher here at 95 humid degrees. ;)  I had a massage this morning...I scheduled this appointment 2 months ago!  It was wonderful.  My massage therapist works out of our chiropractor's office, and so everyone is wearing masks and they have spaced out all the equipment and cleaning everything between patients. I did not have to wear a mask while I was face down on her table, so it was lovely!  :)  We are still planning to have our outdoor graduation for our class of 50 graduates. They can each bring 9 family members, and they will be spread in groups over our entire football field.  Pretty sure that those on the ends will need binoculars to see, but they will be able to hear through the PA system.  This is if it the weather cooperates...so far, not supposed to rain, so yay!  Otherwise, we will extend the graduation by 2 hours and stagger the groups going through the gym and out the back. Definitely not traditional, but at least they get a real graduation.

Glad you are getting your haircut, Barb. It is such a good feeling (and I felt my hair stylist kept her salon very safe).  
Carrie, enjoy your pool day and tell your daughter Happy Birthday from Ohio! :)
Chris, glad your hubby liked the Pioneer Woman's dish...it is very yummy and yay for leftovers that you actually look forward to eating!
Tam, I am also wondering how to lable my postbound albums...they are different colors, but I keep mixing them up, so that's not really working. lol
Louise, Happy Graduation to your son. Glad they get to actually have one!

I am going to be working on some gifts for grads/photo collages from my musical kids. It is always fun to look back on their 4 years in the musical and put together the photos. :)

she says thank you!  ( you two would get along...shes a drama and art geek...LOL)

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:00 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:32 am

have a great day ladies!

Thank you Carrie. And Happy Birthday to your dd!!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:02 pm

blbabe1234 wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:44 am

Have a great day!

Thank you Brandy.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:05 pm

trainmom wrote:

Thank you Louise. Your layout is great! Something to really look back on someday.

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:12 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:44 pm
pawprints wrote:

Thank you Chris. My hair appointment went great. Kept my layers long and got them trimmed and shaped, and also got my highlights. They came out great I am really happy with it. I did get everything I ordered and I drove to the store and they brought everything out to my car. Got things that I hadn't been able to get from Peapod and I got everything I ordered. Not a particularly large order. I had been doing the same thing, over ordering because I never knew what I was and wasn't going to get and had to wait two weeks for a delivery date. Now you can get it the next day. My freezer is full and I'm back to ordering normal now.

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”