Scrap a Day, July 10th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Scrap a Day, July 10th

Post by pawprints » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:40 pm

Hey Cherries. Tropical storm Fay is making her way up here and it has already started to rain. It can rain all it wants I just hope we don’t lose power again. I plan to say in and scrap after I run out for a quick blood test. I have my annual checkup next week which was rescheduled from April. Once I get home my plan is to scrap and work on cleaning up my scrap room.

Stay safe Cherries and have a great day. East coast Cherries I hope the storm doesn’t hit hard and I hope none of you lose power.

Image Image  Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1404

Re: Scrap a Day, July 10th

Post by emmapaige » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:25 pm

Yes, it's pouring rain here, too.  My trash can and recycle bins are at the end of my driveway and I'm keeping an eye on them.  I want to wait until it stops raining to bring them into the garage.  But if they start "moving" down the street, I'll have to get soaked and go grab them.

I did take a shower this morning and put on some eye and face moisturizer.  But no make up and I let my hair dry on it's own.  Since my hair is so long now, even if I try to blow dry it into some kind of shape, it pretty much looks the same the way it does now.

I'm in my scrap room working on my Vicki Boutin album that I bought following her YouTube instructions.  I got stuff together to work on one of the challenges but I'm not feeling very creative.  So it's easier for me to watch Vicki's video, stop, do a little, rewind and do a little more.

Hope none of us loses power and/or internet.  2020 has NOT been a good year on so many levels.  
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1386

Post by Charleneanne » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:48 pm

Going to b 99 here today. Prefer to stay in but need to drop a few things off for my aunt. 89 and lives in senior assisted living facility. They have been on lockdown since mid-March so no shopping trips and lunches out for us.
Hoping to work on challenges when I get back. Not a fan of summer. Stay cool.
ImageCharleneanne

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 772

Post by suewho372 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:34 pm

Hi Cherries!
You east coast Cherries have been on my mind since I saw you were in the path of that storm. Praying no power outages and that all will be safe!
Barb- hope your trip out is quick!
Chris - hopefully your trash cans don’t blow or float away! I haven’t had a lot of creative sparks the past few days either so I get it! And I was doing so well last month lol!
Charleananne- hot! It is hot here too- no heat advisory today though so it is cooler lol! Sweet of you to take care of your aunt when she can’t get out and do anything!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

suewho372
Cherry Cropper

Post by suewho372 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm

Lol! Ok part 2 I realized I didn’t say anything about what I’m doing today 😂
Today is my ds’s bday. My oldest he is 32! Wow where has time gone?!

I woke to a horrible headache. I had already scheduled an appointment to talk to my dr about a new migraine med. so I went - she looked up what just a few pills would cost so I could see if it works better. $895!!!!! OMGOODNESS!!!!! No thank you!
So I am trying something else that I can take at work , won’t make me sleepy , maybe we will see. It was only $11 much better!
I also was able to get a shingles vaccination! So I am happy about that. I don’t want to get it!
I have things I need to do around the house and outside. I’m sitting with the puppies in front of the fan lol.
I did finish up a layout I started last weekend. Hope you all have a great day
Susan

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 296

Post by traveler » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Pouring here today, too. I got out early for my walk before it started. I don't actually have anywhere else to go today, so I can just stay in.

Our town had no new cases of Covid-19 for several weeks, and then a bunch of young adults tested positive in the past couple days after weekends at the shore partying. Luckily we all got haircuts while it was still low. There were 2 high school graduations around here yesterday, my son's and another one. It seems that was at least one graduate at the other one who tested positive and went to the graduation anyway. My son's school is much smaller and they had good separation and mask wearing at his graduation, which was a very nice ceremony. 

I am sitting in my scrap room thinking about scrapping. Not sure if that will lead anywhere. 

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 262

Post by DN in MN » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:43 pm

Good Afternoon... All of you on the East Coast are in my thoughts and prayers.  Beautiful day here today, low humidity and under 80.  I have some thoughts on my next layout and hope I can do something later on.  Depends on BF and what he thinks are plans are... lol

Have a great weekend!  
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 593

Post by sherelm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:36 pm

suewho372 wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:39 pm

I woke to a horrible headache. I had already scheduled an appointment to talk to my dr about a new migraine med. so I went - she looked up what just a few pills would cost so I could see if it works better. $895!!!!! OMGOODNESS!!!!! No thank you!
So I am trying something else that I can take at work , won’t make me sleepy , maybe we will see. It was only $11 much better!
I also was able to get a shingles vaccination! So I am happy about that. I don’t want to get it!
I have things I need to do around the house and outside. I’m sitting with the puppies in front of the fan lol.
$895 would cause a headache on top of the migraine!!  Yep, I took my meds for headache today, too.  Thankfully I'm not having migraines too often anymore, just headaches.  Feel better!!

sherelm
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 593

Post by sherelm » Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:38 pm

BTW, my sister just asked when it was to stop raining?  I told her "Go watch something on TV besides the NCIS marathon you've been watching since Covid19 started.  Like the WEATHER CHANNEL!!"  She said "My, someone is grumpy today."  Then she said she was putting burgers on the grill tonight.  I just walked away. . . 

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3014

Post by blbabe1234 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:01 pm

Hi cherries. Hope none of ya'll lose power. Stay safe!

Charlene - stay cool!
Susan - sorry you woke up with a migraine. Yes, some of those meds are expensive. Glad you found a cheaper alternative. And SO GLAD you got the Shingles vaccine. My Grannie had Shingles like 15 yrs ago and OMGoodness she was miserable.  And a very happy Birthday to Luke!

Just a regular work day for me. Still working on those Incidents reports and learning new standards.

Have a great day everyone
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:51 pm

suewho372 wrote:

I hope your headache is better Susan. Geez what they charge for some medications these days is sickening! And happy birthday to your ds!!!!

Image Image  Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1726

Post by Art_Teacher » Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:08 pm

We could use a little bit of that rain. Supposed to have had some this afternoon and it was a few sprinkles, but the cooler air is so nice! It's not much cooler, still 85 degrees, but after 95 it is welcome. :)

Today I went for my mammogram. They have a new 3-D imaging machine...much more comfortable as they didn't have to completely flatten "the girls." lol. Images look so much more detailed and clearer, and less or equal to the radiation from the old machine. Since my Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in her early 60's, through a mammogram, I cannot advocate for them enough. Hers was found early enough to do a lumpectomy, then chemo/radiation. It has kept her around for me for so many more years and she is a 15-year survivor, now! My dear, departed Mother-in-Law was not as lucky and she passed from her 2nd round with breast cancer at age 64. :(. Get your mammy's grammed, ladies!
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

suewho372
Cherry Cropper

Post by suewho372 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:15 pm

sherelm wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:36 pm
suewho372 wrote:

$895 would cause a headache on top of the migraine!!  Yep, I took my meds for headache today, too.  Thankfully I'm not having migraines too often anymore, just headaches.  Feel better!!

Right????!!!! Geeze! So far I only took 1/2 dose to see how I respond to it. I still have a bit of the pounding but not as bad. I could take the other 1/2. But upside this doesn’t make me sleepy so I could take this and still work
Susan

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 260

Post by Vicki R. » Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:35 pm

We had a glorious day of rain, which we needed desperately!  It was a good, steady soaking rain until an hour ago when the sun came out.  Breezy and warm out.  I was able to finish 2 projects and 2 blog posts today.  It was a good day for me.

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1229

Post by CarrieG » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:58 pm

zipppppppppppppppp went today!
we had a short but mighty thunderstorm that dumped some rain on us last night....nice today tho and only hit 100  tomorrow they are saying 111 with a heat index of 117  oyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

no scrapping today yet but im hoping later tonight or early in the AM           

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1007

Post by MTCanuk » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:13 pm

We also had rain this morning.  After a couple of hours it let up, the skies cleared anD it has been gorgeous.  In thE 70’s, just perfect.  

But, of coarse, I headed out to the grocery when it was raining.  It was early so mostly just employees and guys restocking! Oh, and on more thing, my Pilot wouldn’t start this morning.  Think it probably needs a new battery and I am just not driving.  So, I had to take the truck!  So, that meant I could get in the garage to unload groceries.  The worst when it’s raining!  

Is everyone still wiping stuff down??  I know I am!  Cases of Coivid have exploded here in Montana.  Our county isn’t too bad,, but others sure are!  

Put ribs in the crock pot for dinner And then headed to my scrap space.  Worked on some of the challenges.

Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 97

Post by Aztam » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:45 am

At 7pm this evening it was 109º outside. I don’t really know what the high got to as I was inside with the AC. But we are expecting a high of 113º on Sunday. I keep praying this AC holds out. It’s 20 years old and it’s been working 24/7 for a couple months now. I am afraid the way this year is going, there may be trouble.

I am in a local scrapbook layout class that started using FBlive for instructions. We get a our kits at a couple local drop-offs and follow along with the classes. We zoom after class to be able to ask questions and can also review the video on FB if we have any troubles. The gals are so creative and use the tiniest details (even packaging). Makes me think out of the box when putting pages together now.

I have 3 of the 5 pages done. And need to make a cutfile as I am going to alter one of their designs. That will happen tomorrow.

No plans for the weekend. Maybe I will try a new recipe. I need to check the 3 C’s challenge and see what looks good!

I asked my girlfriends how I could label the spines of my postbound albums. Do you have any ideas?
👋

Tam

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:07 pm

MTCanuk wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:13 pm
We also had rain this morning.  After a couple of hours it let up, the skies cleared anD it has been gorgeous.  In thE 70’s, just perfect.  

But, of coarse, I headed out to the grocery when it was raining.  It was early so mostly just employees and guys restocking! Oh, and on more thing, my Pilot wouldn’t start this morning.  Think it probably needs a new battery and I am just not driving.  So, I had to take the truck!  So, that meant I could get in the garage to unload groceries.  The worst when it’s raining!  

Is everyone still wiping stuff down??  I know I am!  Cases of Coivid have exploded here in Montana.  Our county isn’t too bad,, but others sure are!  

Put ribs in the crock pot for dinner And then headed to my scrap space.  Worked on some of the challenges.

We stopped wiping down the groceries. It was just too much and we haven't really heard of people getting it from deliveries or groceries. It seems to be from gatherings so I stopped doing it. Still wash our hands after putting it all away thought, just in case. 

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”