Scrap a Day, July 11th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Scrap a Day, July 11th

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:45 pm

Hey Cherries. Sorry for the late post. Very lazy Saturday here. We stayed up way too late just chillin and watching tv last night. We did ok with the storm. Lost power for just a few minutes and then it came back on. Lots of twigs and branches all over the yard which Sky absolutely loves. Especially the ones that have leaves on them. She carries them around and lays down with them in the grass and chews on them. It’s so cute.

It’s extremely humid again today so not doing anything outside. I will be scrapping and working on cleaning up my scrap room.

Hope you all have a great day! And stay safe!

Image Image  Image Image

suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 772

Re: Scrap a Day, July 11th

Post by suewho372 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Hi Barb!

So glad that the storm wasn’t too bad. So cute that sky loves the downed twigs and branches. My Mazee really did too. She liked to chew on them and if they were bigger lay where it looked like she was playing hide and seek! 😂 it is so cute! Maybe have to do an ABC page of that????
My a/c is all weird again. So it is intermittent. Trusting I can get through the weekend. It is blowing for the time being. Just never know when it’s going to stop.
Went to see ds and the family. We went and picked up dunkin this morning. The new gs reallllly wants to eat solid food he tries so hard to get to lucas’ food when he is on his walker and tries grabbing it. He has no teeth yet lol. He shared a blueberry cake donut with me. He was really liking it ! Adorable !
I’m home now doing some laundry . Already did the vacuuming and sweeping before it got super hot early this morning.
I still have this blasted headache do I may take a nap. That’s what the puppies are doing. Lol!
I finished a collection busting/movie of the decade layout last night so I want to do some more later on!
Have a great day Cherries
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1238

Post by CarrieG » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm

lazy saturday here also!  its already super hot but we went outside early this morning and had our coffee etc

house is tidy blah blah blah

youngest DD is staying over at oldest DD's tonight (SIL is out of town for military stuff) so it should be super quiet here and that means scrappy time tonight!!!!!!!!!!
i will prob just grill some chicken for DH and i with some fruit salad

have a spectacular saturday all

DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 262

Post by DN in MN » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:10 pm

Good Afternoon! Been a busy morning for me.  Cleaned out a corner of the basement so I can move the litter boxes to their new home and went and picked up my Walmart Grocery order, put it away and now enjoying the AC...  My DD and Littles will be coming over shortly so I will be in my crafty space with all of them :)

Enjoy your Saturday!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 45/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:11 pm

suewho372 wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:45 pm
Hi Barb!

So glad that the storm wasn’t too bad. So cute that sky loves the downed twigs and branches. My Mazee really did too. She liked to chew on them and if they were bigger lay where it looked like she was playing hide and seek! 😂 it is so cute! Maybe have to do an ABC page of that????
My a/c is all weird again. So it is intermittent. Trusting I can get through the weekend. It is blowing for the time being. Just never know when it’s going to stop.
Went to see ds and the family. We went and picked up dunkin this morning. The new gs reallllly wants to eat solid food he tries so hard to get to lucas’ food when he is on his walker and tries grabbing it. He has no teeth yet lol. He shared a blueberry cake donut with me. He was really liking it ! Adorable !
I’m home now doing some laundry . Already did the vacuuming and sweeping before it got super hot early this morning.
I still have this blasted headache do I may take a nap. That’s what the puppies are doing. Lol!
I finished a collection busting/movie of the decade layout last night so I want to do some more later on!
Have a great day Cherries

Feel better Susan! And I hope your a/c holds up!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:12 pm

CarrieG wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:00 pm
lazy saturday here also!  its already super hot but we went outside early this morning and had our coffee etc

house is tidy blah blah blah

youngest DD is staying over at oldest DD's tonight (SIL is out of town for military stuff) so it should be super quiet here and that means scrappy time tonight!!!!!!!!!!
i will prob just grill some chicken for DH and i with some fruit salad

have a spectacular saturday all

Enjoy your scrappy quiet time tonight!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:15 pm

DN in MN wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:10 pm
Good Afternoon! Been a busy morning for me.  Cleaned out a corner of the basement so I can move the litter boxes to their new home and went and picked up my Walmart Grocery order, put it away and now enjoying the AC...  My DD and Littles will be coming over shortly so I will be in my crafty space with all of them :)

Enjoy your Saturday!

Awwwwww enjoy them!

Image Image  Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1405

Post by emmapaige » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:31 pm

Good afternoon.  I had a rough night last night (it seems like I will have one good night and then the next I'm awake for hours) so I'm taking it easy.  Just unloaded the dishwasher and back to watching Vicki Boutin's YouTube class for her Escape album.  I'm to the part where the the cutting and scoring are done and up to the organizing part.  I hope mine turns out as pretty as her's.  Also I've been doing some reading off and on all morning.  

Like Barb, we had lots of rain but I haven't been out much to see if there is any damage in our neighborhood or beyond. How cute about the branches! Sounds like a layout for sure.

Susan, sorry you still have your headache and I pray your AC doesn't go out.

Carrie - sounds like a perfect day for scrapping!

Deanna - enjoy your crafty time with your family.

** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:44 pm

emmapaige wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:31 pm
Good afternoon.  I had a rough night last night (it seems like I will have one good night and then the next I'm awake for hours) so I'm taking it easy.  Just unloaded the dishwasher and back to watching Vicki Boutin's YouTube class for her Escape album.  I'm to the part where the the cutting and scoring are done and up to the organizing part.  I hope mine turns out as pretty as her's.  Also I've been doing some reading off and on all morning.  

Like Barb, we had lots of rain but I haven't been out much to see if there is any damage in our neighborhood or beyond. How cute about the branches! Sounds like a layout for sure.

Sorry you had a bad night Chris. I hope you can sneak in a little nap later.

Image Image  Image Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1727

Post by Art_Teacher » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:43 pm

Well, we finally had a break in the hot weather, just in time for a beautiful, outdoor graduation ceremony this morning. :) The "front" came through yesterday evening (and we barely got any sprinkles of rain), and the air was cool and breezy this morning. 78 degrees when graduation started and about 82 when it ended. Nice breeze the entire time. We were spread out on the football field and it was a very nice ceremony. So good to see those kids get what they have worked so hard for the past 13 years! Faculty wore masks and directed people to their assigned seats and it went very well.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and gets some scrappy time. Me, I'm still working on photo collages for my musical kids and a video dvd of the show. It is not too hard to do, but I procrastinated because it takes hours to load on the computer and encode the video for dvd. lol
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:52 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:43 pm
Well, we finally had a break in the hot weather, just in time for a beautiful, outdoor graduation ceremony this morning. :) The "front" came through yesterday evening (and we barely got any sprinkles of rain), and the air was cool and breezy this morning. 78 degrees when graduation started and about 82 when it ended. Nice breeze the entire time. We were spread out on the football field and it was a very nice ceremony. So good to see those kids get what they have worked so hard for the past 13 years! Faculty wore masks and directed people to their assigned seats and it went very well.

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend and gets some scrappy time. Me, I'm still working on photo collages for my musical kids and a video dvd of the show. It is not too hard to do, but I procrastinated because it takes hours to load on the computer and encode the video for dvd. lol
I am so happy you had such beautiful weather and that those kids got the graduation day that they worked so hard for! Glad it went so well!

Image Image  Image Image

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 100

Post by Aztam » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:58 pm

I slept so good last night. I went to bed at 1am but didnt wake until 9. It was just right! I wasn’t together enough to join the book club group by 10 so I missed out on the 1st time I actually finished one of their books. Oh well. The Aug. book is really dragging so I am not going to finish it.

We had sunny side up eggs and strawberries for breakfast. Hubs cleaned up the kitchen while I got laundry started. He’s off for a haircut (they are being very COVID aware) mask on all the time, wait in your car until your called for your appt. I vacuumed and mopped and worked up a sweat. It’s 110º outside at 1:30pm. Thankful for that AC, it’s cooling me down quick.

I have a couple layouts of the grands to work on. Doing the same pic for both albums. It’s from when the space X launched. I have quite a bit of patriotic paper to use from a class so I thought that would coordinate with the theme. The little one wasn’t very good about posing for the 4th of July pic (5mos) Haha so I ended up using another set of pics from Father’s Day when she wore a red onesie with navy capsleeves for that paper pack Let Freedom Ring by Simple Stories.

I keep thinking I need to focus and finish last year’s monthly highlight album, but I keep getting distracted. Maybe I should Put everything else away and just leave that out, so I can finish it.

I think I am pretty close to finishing my goal of 15 layouts this month, so if I could just finish the stamp inventory I set for myself I may be able to exceed my July expectations.

I keep hoping for those thunderclouds to start up.
👋

Tam

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:17 pm

Aztam wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:58 pm
I slept so good last night. I went to bed at 1am but didnt wake until 9. It was just right! I wasn’t together enough to join the book club group by 10 so I missed out on the 1st time I actually finished one of their books. Oh well. The Aug. book is really dragging so I am not going to finish it.

We had sunny side up eggs and strawberries for breakfast. Hubs cleaned up the kitchen while I got laundry started. He’s off for a haircut (they are being very COVID aware) mask on all the time, wait in your car until your called for your appt. I vacuumed and mopped and worked up a sweat. It’s 110º outside at 1:30pm. Thankful for that AC, it’s cooling me down quick.

I have a couple layouts of the grands to work on. Doing the same pic for both albums. It’s from when the space X launched. I have quite a bit of patriotic paper to use from a class so I thought that would coordinate with the theme. The little one wasn’t very good about posing for the 4th of July pic (5mos) Haha so I ended up using another set of pics from Father’s Day when she wore a red onesie with navy capsleeves for that paper pack Let Freedom Ring by Simple Stories.

I keep thinking I need to focus and finish last year’s monthly highlight album, but I keep getting distracted. Maybe I should Put everything else away and just leave that out, so I can finish it.

I think I am pretty close to finishing my goal of 15 layouts this month, so if I could just finish the stamp inventory I set for myself I may be able to exceed my July expectations.

I keep hoping for those thunderclouds to start up.

Omg that is so hot! Enjoy that cool air from the a/c and have fun scrapping!

Image Image  Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm

My Graphic Design Challenge is finally posted. This is the layout that I did for it.

Image Image  Image Image

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 266

Post by druffing » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:53 pm

emmapaige wrote:

Emma where do I find this album?  The Vicki Boutin one?  Or I guess I would need her youtube class.  Thank you so much!

I have been having those nights too.  I can not go on 4 hours sleep...so tired.  I am so worried about the virus and the kids having to have band camp, etc.  Just so afraid for my granddaughter...hoping they postpone it.  It has been very hot here the past couple weeks.  It is a bit cooler today.  To bed early tonight...

Hope your night is restful!

Debra

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 266

Post by druffing » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:56 pm

druffing wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:53 pm
emmapaige wrote:

Emma where do I find this album?  The Vicki Boutin one?  Or I guess I would need her youtube class.  Thank you so much!

I have been having those nights too.  I can not go on 4 hours sleep...so tired.  I am so worried about the virus and the kids having to have band camp, etc.  Just so afraid for my granddaughter...hoping they postpone it.  It has been very hot here the past couple weeks.  It is a bit cooler today in Washington. To bed early tonight...

Hope your night is restful!

Debra

Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3016

Post by blbabe1234 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:22 pm

Good evening cherries! Sounds like it was a beautiful graduation Laura! ANd that weather! Wow! Sounds Picture Perfect!
Susan - glad you got some baby time. Sorry about your headache.

Been super busy as always. Got up early. Both DH and I took our vehicles in to get serviced. Mine was also due for a state inspection. We got there at 8am and usually it takes about 30 mins per car, but there were already several cars ahead of us. We didn't get home until 11am. DH did some yardwork while I did laundry. We ate lunch, and got some vacumming done and washed the doggie beds in my scrap room. DH had to run to AutoZone and from there, we went next door to the liquor store to get some Margarita mixes and more tequila. Back home so DH can get more stuff done around the house while I cleaned my scrap room. Put things away, put layouts into albums, dust, vacuum, etc. Wiped down tables and even got my big order of Snapfish photos sorted. By then we were hungry and exhausted, so we made a round of margaritas and pizza. Now we are just chillaxing.

No scrapping today and not sure what I'll get done tomorrow. I've got my girls coming over Saturday for our Summer crop. I do want to make some page kits to help me scrap a little faster. Find pics to go with what challenges I want to do, pair it with papers/embellies, etc. I'm thinking of scrapping baby Jazzy and Shelby pics. :greeninlove: :greeninlove:
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

Aztam
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 100

Post by Aztam » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:18 pm

pawprints wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm
My Graphic Design Challenge is finally posted. This is the layout that I did for it.

That is so perfectly coordinated! Love this. Did you build the orange flowers or were they purchased like that?

👋

Tam

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Aztam wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:18 pm
pawprints wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:00 pm

That is so perfectly coordinated! Love this. Did you build the orange flowers or were they purchased like that?

Thank you Tam. The page is totally digital.

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”