Christmas 1985

Moderator: ACOT Employee

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 266

Christmas 1985

Post by druffing » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:05 pm

I have these photos of Christmas morning 1985 and I want to just do a double page layout.  I wondered what other people do when they have this many photos?  They are 3.5 x 5.  I have been struggling with five layouts for days now and I have to get them done this weekend...it is my goal.  I am so stressed...numbers here are rising too...swpa.  I want a vacation and keep thinking that I won't have any photos for my photo cards to mail...as we always take them on vacation.  Is anyone else getting freaked out...I don't think school is going to be safe for our kids.  We are a county with a smaller population and they just shut down restaurants again...but what about the rest of it.  Masks are not being worn.  Sigh.  So, back to the photos...does anyone have any ideas.  They are coming off this paper as I hated it when I did it last year.  I chose a cream with subtle dots and and am using an Echo Park pack called Merry Christmas for any ephemera that I might have room for.  These are my daughters so the layout is important to me.  Thank you for any help and for listening to my whining...
Debra :greenconfused:

Last edited by druffing on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 260

Re: Christmas 1985

Post by Vicki R. » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:25 pm

Years ago, I had photos from my grandmother's 98th birthday to scrap.  There were a lot of them.  I found 12 x 12 album pages that opened like a book from the center.  There was a left side that opened out and a right side that opened out.  I thought they were the greatest and would love to have more of them.  However, I have no idea where I got them or if they still make them.  I will try to find the album they are in and take a picture of them for you.

Would pocket pages be an option?

druffing
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 266

Post by druffing » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:43 pm

Hi Vicki,
Since the photos are not 4 x 6 I would have to mat them.  I could but wish they were newer and I would just delete a few.  Christmas pages go in my yearly albums...so althought the thought of a small album crossed my mind, it would be the only ones separate ever.  I still have Christmas from 1973 to do but there are only a few photos.  I did not take many photos when we first got married although I wish I had.

I added the papers I am going to use.  I think the only thing to do is what I already did but change up the title and maybe make the spacing narrower in a few places on the second page.  

How are you doing?  Is the corona virus bad where you live?  I am okay, but the past few days it has been hard to sleep...etc.  The ex-father of my grandchildren...and I could thnk of a few more choice words for him...is being mean to them as usual...  Isaballa just had her 14th birthday.  We could only have the 9 of us in the family and she was okay.  She did a layout with me in the morning, swam all day and then we had her favorite dinner of roast beef with dumplings and her chocolate cake.  She got lots of gifts from the family and Mama and I have a couple things that are still shipping from Disney.  Her new purse from Vera Disney got here today with her lanyard for high school.  She will be surprised.  We have to share custody and she had to go with him last night...although he never gets them a card or gift.  Not that she cares...they really can not wait until the court gives them the freedom not to have to go there anymore.  It just is harder now with the virus to worry about.  His place is filthy and in a drug neighborhood...where he moved on purpose.  He makes a lot of money and I know he moved there to hurt Lauren and the children. 

I think that Pioneer still makes the gatefold album.  I will check to see.  I know I have seen them somewhere.

Thanks for listening...I am sorry to be so whiny...just worried about the kids.

Debra
Debra R. 
Nana of 5, Mama of 2, Disney Addict
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1nana2girlsscrapbook/

ImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Addict
Layouts: 1727

Post by Art_Teacher » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:17 am

I think your overall design is great!  If you don't want to crop the photos, then they must take center focus of the page, but I'm thinking they might pop a bit more with a darker background paper...maybe green?  Since all the photos have the same neutral background in them, the green would pull out the tree and presents, along with making the girls stand out more.  It is just a thought...I hate it when I can't figure out a layout, and yes, I take tons of Christmas photos and usually my albums have about 10 pages of Christmas, with Christmas Eve, Christmas Morning and the gatherings of both mine and dh's extended families. Gives me a chance to use all the Christmas papers I have hoarded, but it is time-consuming.

Sorry you are feeling so stressed. I do think so much of what we are reading/hearing is what the government wants us to hear. The number of cases is rising, but the percentage of hospitalizations/deaths is not nearly as dire as the numbers of cases make them look. Not that anyone wants to get sick or lose a family member/friend to it, but chances are, if you do get it, you will either be asymptomatic or recover well.  Try to think positively, because I do truly believe that a positive attitude helps boost your immune system. :) I am not sure we can open schools safely here in Ohio, either. When I spoke to my superintendent yesterday, he said we still don't know what the plan is and I don't envy him having to make the decisions!

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

Mathandlit
Cherry Blossom
Layouts: 78

Post by Mathandlit » Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:11 am

Are you open to the idea of trimming a few of the photos down? Or do you prefer them to all be the same size? Having a couple smaller photos may help create some space on the page for other embellishments. 

I think the gatefold page is a great idea, too, if you can find it.  It can help space out the photos more. 

Mathandlit

sdwhru
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 355

Post by sdwhru » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 am

They are C-Line Fold-Out Scrapbook Page Protectors. 

I got them for my Disney album - hope this helps.  

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 755

Post by pawprints » Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:30 pm

When I have a lot of photos for a double spread I don't keep them all the same size. I will usually pull a few to be larger and be the main photos and then crop or resize the others (if they are originals and I don't want to cut them I'll scan them and print them and then do my cropping). Then I mix up how they are going to be positioned on the layout. Maybe section some off in a "sidebar" type thing, or a circle or rectangular sections with a different background. If many of the pictures are similar I will just pick one or two, but if they are similar and I want them all in I will not usually put them together but have them separated. I will also sometimes crop them differently or size them differently, just so they look different. Just my method.

As for whining, whine all you want! We are all tired of this and whiny about it. I haven't been with my grandkids since late February, and I am so tired of being so scared. My dh is very high risk and so I am being even more cautious to protect him. I am tired of cooking every night and not getting take out for a break. And yes I whine and get crabby and sometimes just have so much anxiety. So feel free too vent. We all need too.

Good luck with your layout! And have fun with it!

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”