Scrap a Day, July 15th

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 782

Scrap a Day, July 15th

Post by pawprints »

Hey Cherries. Anyone scrapping today? I continue to work on cleaning up my scrap tables and trying to make room for things. I am definitely a scrappy shopaholic. Lol. I didn’t get much done with it yesterday as I ended up being outside all afternoon took a long walk and then sat out in the yard with the girls. Filled their pool and threw the ball. It was a beautiful low humidity day and they had so much fun.

Today I am going for my annual checkup. Don’t really want to but it was rescheduled from April. I was hoping all this would be over by now yet here we are. Sigh.

Hope you all have a great day! Please stay safe Cherries!

Image  Image Image Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3066

Re: Scrap a Day, July 15th

Post by blbabe1234 »

Hi Barb! Good luck at your annual today. I hear ya. Its getting old!

Nothing new going on here. No scrapping either. Just working and checking on my dad's dogs again as he is babysitting today and tomorrow. Hoping to get finish coding some reports and then do an upgrade for my client tonight.

Have a great day!
Brandy Williams

Image  Image Image
DN in MN
Cherry Jubilee
Layouts: 281

Post by DN in MN »

Good Morning :)  Been MIA other than Bingo lately.  I went shopping with a friend yesterday and cannot wait to play with the new scrappy goodness but I am having the family over for dinner.  I need to vacuum, clean the bathroom, and kitchen.  I already seared the pork and have it in the crockpot...Pork Carnitas tonight... the house smells amazing.   If I can stop shopping Cocoa Vanilla, I may be able to scrap this afternoon!  

Good luck at your appt, Barb :)

Have a good day, all!
Image   Image   Image

2020 ~ 53/75 Layouts ~ 3 Card(s)   

traveler
Cherry Bing
Layouts: 327

Post by traveler »

I started a layout last Friday for my son's high school scrapbook about how Covid affected his school experience. I typed up all the journaling and laid out the page, but didn't adhere it. Then with the events of this weekend, I wasn't sure what to do about it. I showed it to my husband last night, and he said that's its still all true, and the journaling ends at his graduation which was last week. So, I adhered it together this morning, and here it is:
I have plenty more pages to do for his high school scrapbook, but I doubt I will have the patience to work on any of them today.

Someone posted a ravioli casserole here a week or so ago, I am going to try make that tonight. 

Charleneanne
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1403

Post by Charleneanne »

Good morning. Well I’m tired of going nowhere and also feel the need to treat myself for cleaning a large portion of my sb table yesterday! So driving up to a friends that lives about an hour away in the foothills and spending the afternoon. We are going to do Panera drive through pickup for lunch and eat outside on her deck!

This is the same childhood friend who broke quarantine back in May to come get me and drive me to the next county for lunch/shopping for my 75th bday! Grew up together, stood up in each other’s weddings, raised kids together, buried husbands together, and now brag on grandkids together.

So I am pretty cheerful this morning. Oh and the delta breeze is still blowing so it’s nice out too. Take care and have a wonderful day!
ImageCharleneanne
MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1071

Post by MTCanuk »

It’s pretty decent here today. Went and picked up the big grandkids earlier. The baby goes to day care. Granddaughter helped me stain the rest of the deck, so it’s done. Need to hit up the bank now, so I can pay her for helping!
Otherwise no big plans for the day. Need to figure out dinner.

Everyone enjoy their day!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee
suewho372
Cherry Cropper
Layouts: 775

Post by suewho372 »

Hi Cherries!

Sticky here. Just in a holding pattern- nothing new. I definitely do not NEED any scrappy supplies and where to put more paper??? Does that stop me from putting it in my cart?!
Lol.
Hope all have a good day.
Good luck on your annual Barb!
Susan

Check out my blog:  http://suewho372.wordpress.com
Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1752

Post by Art_Teacher »

Good luck with your annual, Barb. I had mine a couple weeks ago, and it was not bad. They had patients waiting (wearing masks) in a much larger room than before, so they can stay apart. 

Great layout, Louise!  It is a very important part of your son's high school album, I think. Still praying for him to not have the virus.

Weather here is still nice, but trending hotter again. Paisley and I really enjoyed our morning walk, and I have been inside being healthy and domestic. lol  I had a lot of herbs and some spinach to pick and deal with.  Made homemade mint extract (who knew it was so easy?), homemade basil pesto, and froze some cubes of rosemary, oregano, basil, and cilantro in olive oil.  Made myself a fresh smoothie with some of the spinach, strawberries and a few basil leaves, which really added to the flavor and brought out the strawberries!  Cleaned the rest of the spinach for a salad tonight.  Also, made a kale salad that I like for my lunches (dh hates kale), with some bagged kale I had bought last time at the grocery.

Now, I need to get back to cleaning in the spare bedroom...it is going slowly. lol

Here is my layout for the BF Sketch 180:
Laura
 Image   Image  Image
pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

Charleneanne wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:27 pm
Good morning. Well I’m tired of going nowhere and also feel the need to treat myself for cleaning a large portion of my sb table yesterday! So driving up to a friends that lives about an hour away in the foothills and spending the afternoon. We are going to do Panera drive through pickup for lunch and eat outside on her deck!

This is the same childhood friend who broke quarantine back in May to come get me and drive me to the next county for lunch/shopping for my 75th bday! Grew up together, stood up in each other’s weddings, raised kids together, buried husbands together, and now brag on grandkids together.

So I am pretty cheerful this morning. Oh and the delta breeze is still blowing so it’s nice out too. Take care and have a wonderful day!

What a wonderful friend to have. Enjoy your day having lunch with her.

Image  Image Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1492

Post by emmapaige »

Good afternoon everyone. We had our hair appointments this morning.  I went in to have my hair colored.  Then she came outside and cut DH's hair.  They have a big tent with tables and chairs that clients can come and sit outside while their color is baking - or whatever it's called.  So I came outside too.  Then I went inside to have my hair cut.  I decided to keep it a little longer and without layers.  In case this pandmeic gets really bad again (which I am so worried is going to happen) and I can't go to the salon it will be more manageable.  Although our gal said she would cut Ed's hair in her garage if need be.  

I finished a DT assignment a little earlier and now I want to start on another challenge.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:23 pm
I started a layout last Friday for my son's high school scrapbook about how Covid affected his school experience. I typed up all the journaling and laid out the page, but didn't adhere it. Then with the events of this weekend, I wasn't sure what to do about it. I showed it to my husband last night, and he said that's its still all true, and the journaling ends at his graduation which was last week. So, I adhered it together this morning, and here it is:
I have plenty more pages to do for his high school scrapbook, but I doubt I will have the patience to work on any of them today.

Someone posted a ravioli casserole here a week or so ago, I am going to try make that tonight. 

Awesome layout and journaling Louise. Continued ((hugs)).

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

DN in MN wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:58 am
Good Morning :)  Been MIA other than Bingo lately.  I went shopping with a friend yesterday and cannot wait to play with the new scrappy goodness but I am having the family over for dinner.  I need to vacuum, clean the bathroom, and kitchen.  I already seared the pork and have it in the crockpot...Pork Carnitas tonight... the house smells amazing.   If I can stop shopping Cocoa Vanilla, I may be able to scrap this afternoon!  

Good luck at your appt, Barb :)

Have a good day, all!

Have a great time with the family!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

suewho372 wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:41 pm
Hi Cherries!

Sticky here. Just in a holding pattern- nothing new. I definitely do not NEED any scrappy supplies and where to put more paper??? Does that stop me from putting it in my cart?!
Lol.
Hope all have a good day.
Good luck on your annual Barb!

Lol Susan I hear ya!! Same thing here!

Image  Image Image Image

pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

Art_Teacher wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:57 pm
Good luck with your annual, Barb. I had mine a couple weeks ago, and it was not bad. They had patients waiting (wearing masks) in a much larger room than before, so they can stay apart. 

Great layout, Louise!  It is a very important part of your son's high school album, I think. Still praying for him to not have the virus.

Weather here is still nice, but trending hotter again. Paisley and I really enjoyed our morning walk, and I have been inside being healthy and domestic. lol  I had a lot of herbs and some spinach to pick and deal with.  Made homemade mint extract (who knew it was so easy?), homemade basil pesto, and froze some cubes of rosemary, oregano, basil, and cilantro in olive oil.  Made myself a fresh smoothie with some of the spinach, strawberries and a few basil leaves, which really added to the flavor and brought out the strawberries!  Cleaned the rest of the spinach for a salad tonight.  Also, made a kale salad that I like for my lunches (dh hates kale), with some bagged kale I had bought last time at the grocery.

Now, I need to get back to cleaning in the spare bedroom...it is going slowly. lol

Here is my layout for the BF Sketch 180:

Sweet layout Laura. Beautiful background and love the list.

Image  Image Image Image

CarrieG
Chocolate Covered Cherry
Layouts: 1270

Post by CarrieG »

man today is going fast...LOL  i have today off........so its been quiet and lazy......i had to run a few errands and got those done...its hot here but not hell hot like it was...its 101 and partly cloudy ..............

we have two more active cases in town....ughhhhhhhhhhhhh  so we are really trying to just stay home.........im gonna have to do a big groc shopping soonish tho........

i just need to put a title on a layout and its done and i can plan out the next one :)

stay safe and have a great day all
pawprints
Cherry Crush

Post by pawprints »

emmapaige wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 3:21 pm
Good afternoon everyone. We had our hair appointments this morning.  I went in to have my hair colored.  Then she came outside and cut DH's hair.  They have a big tent with tables and chairs that clients can come and sit outside while their color is baking - or whatever it's called.  So I came outside too.  Then I went inside to have my hair cut.  I decided to keep it a little longer and without layers.  In case this pandmeic gets really bad again (which I am so worried is going to happen) and I can't go to the salon it will be more manageable.  Although our gal said she would cut Ed's hair in her garage if need be.  

I finished a DT assignment a little earlier and now I want to start on another challenge.

I'm glad you were both able to get it done! I bet it felt good. I kept my hair longer too. Kept the layers but they are much longer now.

Image  Image Image Image

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1492

Post by emmapaige »

trainmom wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:23 pm

This is amazing, Louise.  Your jounaling is outstandinng!!

Laura / Art Teacher posted the recipe.  I made it last week and it was so good we ended up making three meals out of it. 
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Aztam
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 164

Post by Aztam »

The dreaded dishes are done, so I am taking a little time to catch up on all the posts here.

I did make 4 layouts today. A couple MMCs, BF 180, and one of my partial kits. So the juices are flowing again.
Looking forward to making the double page sketch from the MMC 1 challenge tomorrow during my zoom crop.
Maybe work on a lift too!

I had a yummy salad for lunch. Very simple Napa Cabbage sliced thin with balsamic dressing with some of the fermented veg I made. 

I am listening to a really good book, I had to stop scrapping because I was getting into the ‘good part’. The Last House Guest by Megan Miranda.
👋

Tam

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”