Scrap a Day, August 3rd

Moderator: ACOT Employee

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 766

Scrap a Day, August 3rd

Post by pawprints » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:54 am

Hey Cherries. Anyone scrapping today? I hopefully will be getting my Music Challenge up today. It’s not anywhere near as humid out as it was yesterday so I want to get my walk in. Besides that and laundry I have no other plans for today.

Hope you all have a great day Cherries! And stay safe!

Image Image  Image Image

Vicki R.
Sweet Cherry Pie
Layouts: 271

Re: Scrap a Day, August 3rd

Post by Vicki R. » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:02 pm

No scrapping for me today, but I am in my craft space.  It is a big clean up for me.  I got a new paper rack from a store that recently closed and was selling their inventory.  When I started cleaning up paper stash, it turned into a major overhaul of my craft space.  Good therapy....

Glad your humidity has dropped, Barb.  It is still hot and humid here in SE PA.  We are under a tropical storm watch until the wee hours of Tuesday.  I can't wait for October!
Last edited by Vicki R. on Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight
Layouts: 1733

Post by Art_Teacher » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Not sure...I'm in a funk today.  It's Monday...3 weeks until I have to report back to school.  Still uncertain about how this is all going to work.  I'm pretty sure there will be more changes in the next 3 weeks, though. :(  It is really stealing my motivation, and I have so much to do!

Paisley and I have our nice routine and she is going to be highly put out when I go back, too. I am treasuring every moment I have with her, and I hate the thought that I will be miserable at school and  she will be so sad without me at home.  I'm just hoping it doesn't negate the progress we have made with her return to health and mobility, because she will be laying around all day and I think that is part of the trouble. Sigh...

I am going to attempt to get inspired by printing out my August challenges...we shall see.  Hope everyone has a good day!
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3029

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm
Not sure...I'm in a funk today.  It's Monday...3 weeks until I have to report back to school.  Still uncertain about how this is all going to work.  I'm pretty sure there will be more changes in the next 3 weeks, though. :(  It is really stealing my motivation, and I have so much to do!

Paisley and I have our nice routine and she is going to be highly put out when I go back, too. I am treasuring every moment I have with her, and I hate the thought that I will be miserable at school and  she will be so sad without me at home.  I'm just hoping it doesn't negate the progress we have made with her return to health and mobility, because she will be laying around all day and I think that is part of the trouble. Sigh...

I am going to attempt to get inspired by printing out my August challenges...we shall see.  Hope everyone has a good day!

Oh Laura! So many hugs! I can just imagine how you must feel. Give that sweet girl hugs and kisses from me!
~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

Deanna13
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 3501

Post by Deanna13 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:23 pm

Morning everyone!! It's a beautiful day here! We started out with 61 degrees and took a nice long walk. Then, had a leisurely time out on the deck with hot tea. I read and DH checked out his online stuff. It's supposed to be cooler here all week. So nice!

I'm pretty much caught up with stuff online, so I'm going to go scrap. 

Have a great day, everyone!
 Image Image

Visit my Scrap Blog - Moments to Cherish Image

blbabe1234
Cherry Bark
Layouts: 3029

Post by blbabe1234 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:24 pm

Good morning ya'll! Its another hot and humid day here so inside while I work!

Vicki - love when you get to give your Scrap Room a new look! Have fun!

Probably no scrapping as DH is now my new co-worker and we've got him set up in my Scrap Room. Last night his boss called him and the rest of his employees (there's only 4 others) to inform them that Mary's husband had tested positive for COVID over the weekend. Mary hasn't been in the office since Wed morning but DH's boss is allowing anybody to work from home do so. And out of precaution, DH chose to do that as well take a test. He is scheduled for that tomorrow afternoon. And for further precautions, I have informed my dad since he babysits Jasper two days out of the week.

On a positive note, the puppies are lovin' having Daddy home! And he stole one of my furry coworkers to boot. LOL. He took my Jazzy! LOL. But that's okay, I've got Penny and Shelby. LOL.

~ Brandy Williams ~

Image Image

MTCanuk
Cherry Bomb
Layouts: 1026

Post by MTCanuk » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:30 pm

No scrapping for now. Trying to get my house cleaning done. Sheets in the laundry.  Have the youngest grandson here, as his 2 older siblings are off at camp.  The baby is at daycare and he is too young to stay alone.  He just about jumped through the roof when my roomba started up this morning.
We have storms rumbling through. They say they are producing more lightening than rain.  Things are so dry, so I hope it doesn’t set off any fires. And it’s making the air humid here for us!

Happy Monday, ladies!
Visit my blog:http://mtcanuk.blogspot.com/
Leslee

aheatfan
Cherry Picker
Layouts: 293

Post by aheatfan » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:58 pm

Oh goodness, so envious of those with weather in the 60's and 70's. It is about 90 here and muggy.  Hoping everyone facing storms and COVID stay safe. 
Like Laura, I am going back to work in about 2 weeks (virtual only), it's going to be very challenging at best and I really wish we had more concrete information. 
Our little tropical storm turned out to be nothing - no wind and very little rain. I am not complaining. We brought in all the patio furniture so yesterday we spent all day hosing  them down and cleaning them since it was the perfect opportunity. Hoping to get at least one layout done today. Stay safe everyone. 
🌴Kristin  
"Be the Change You Wish to See in the World"

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:53 pm

We're having the same weather as Vicki.  I tried to go for a long walk but ended up going for a short walk!!  Our cleaning ladies are coming tomorrow and normally we run errands while they are here.  But we're having those tropical storm tomorrow so I'm not sure what we'll do.  I did go to the grocery store to pick up a few essentials.

Then I cam home and completed a layout but it's for a DT assignment which I can share on 8/8.  

Laura and Kristin feel so bad for you.  This uncertainly is unbelievable.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

emmapaige
Wild Cherry
Layouts: 1435

Post by emmapaige » Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 pm

And remember how I was complaining yesterday having to cook every day.  Well, yesterday we decided to do a curbside pick up from one of our favorite restaurants. We got our meals home and unfortunately, the quality was no where near as good when we would eat in the restaurant.  I don't know if they lost their regular chef (my favorite dish was no longer on the menu) or what happened. I was disappointed but I still want to support our local restaurants. We'll try another local restaurant next week and see what happens.
** Chris **

My blog: http://mommomandpoppop.blogspot.com/

ImageImageImageImage

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:43 am

emmapaige wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:32 pm
And remember how I was complaining yesterday having to cook every day.  Well, yesterday we decided to do a curbside pick up from one of our favorite restaurants. We got our meals home and unfortunately, the quality was no where near as good when we would eat in the restaurant.  I don't know if they lost their regular chef (my favorite dish was no longer on the menu) or what happened. I was disappointed but I still want to support our local restaurants. We'll try another local restaurant next week and see what happens.
Unfortunately, I think this is the case with restaurants that never used to do carryout.  They don't seem to know how to cook for it. DH and I have been good with our local Greek restaurant that also does catering, and our local Mexican restaurant.  Both places did catering, before, so they are used to cooking it to go.  DH and I have also gone to 4 restaurants and dined in, since they re-opened.  In all the places we felt very good about steps they took to keep us safe --plexiglass dividers between tables, one worker dedicated to cleaning tables and chairs after every guest (we watched at one place where the guy spent a good five minutes cleaning the table and chairs, and left the solution on for another 10 before it was wiped off and the next group seated,) all staff wearing masks, paper throwaway menus, etc. Everyone wears a mask until they are seated at their table, and if they get up to go to the restroom. It was also much less crowded, and they had removed some tables to provide more space.  I know it isn't for everyone, and I would probably still be leary if either of us had a compromised immune system, but that was our experience.

Laura
 Image   Image  Image

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:48 am

aheatfan wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:58 pm
Oh goodness, so envious of those with weather in the 60's and 70's. It is about 90 here and muggy.  Hoping everyone facing storms and COVID stay safe. 
Like Laura, I am going back to work in about 2 weeks (virtual only), it's going to be very challenging at best and I really wish we had more concrete information. 
Our little tropical storm turned out to be nothing - no wind and very little rain. I am not complaining. We brought in all the patio furniture so yesterday we spent all day hosing  them down and cleaning them since it was the perfect opportunity. Hoping to get at least one layout done today. Stay safe everyone. 

Hugs!  At this point I wish we would be doing virtual only, but I think it is just a matter of time. Sigh... I would love to be wrong, but I believe kids or staff will be testing positive within a couple of weeks and then we will be shutdown again and virtual.  Based on what I see in my FB feed, most parents in our district will be sending their kids to school. They have the option to choose a virtual semester, but I haven't seen very many saying they are. (Tomorrow is the deadline to choose.)  We did just get word yesterday afternoon that those who choose virtual will be serviced by an online education company that the school is contracting with, so at least I don't have to teach everything twice!  Feel bad for those kids, though, because I'm sure they aren't going to get art classes, nor other types of hands-on classes like home economics or industrial tech.  :(

You have probably said before, but I didn't catch it...what grade/subject do you teach? :)
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

aheatfan
Cherry Picker

Post by aheatfan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:15 am

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:48 am
aheatfan wrote:

Hugs!  At this point I wish we would be doing virtual only, but I think it is just a matter of time. Sigh... I would love to be wrong, but I believe kids or staff will be testing positive within a couple of weeks and then we will be shutdown again and virtual.  Based on what I see in my FB feed, most parents in our district will be sending their kids to school. They have the option to choose a virtual semester, but I haven't seen very many saying they are. (Tomorrow is the deadline to choose.)  We did just get word yesterday afternoon that those who choose virtual will be serviced by an online education company that the school is contracting with, so at least I don't have to teach everything twice!  Feel bad for those kids, though, because I'm sure they aren't going to get art classes, nor other types of hands-on classes like home economics or industrial tech.  :(

You have probably said before, but I didn't catch it...what grade/subject do you teach? :) 
I will keep you in my thoughts, it is scary the thought of going back in person. I believe but don't have confirmation yet that we will be teaching from the school building but the kids will be at home. I think I'm ok with that as long as teachers keep their distance. I teach first grade. I have done Special Education for 19 years and just  removed the certification from my license. It's not the kids, give me the kids, it was the paperwork.  That became the job.  Hopefully they will have lots of safety precautions in place for you. 

🌴Kristin  

Art_Teacher
Cherry Delight

Post by Art_Teacher » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:05 pm

aheatfan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:15 am
Art_Teacher wrote:
aheatfan wrote:

I will keep you in my thoughts, it is scary the thought of going back in person. I believe but don't have confirmation yet that we will be teaching from the school building but the kids will be at home. I think I'm ok with that as long as teachers keep their distance. I teach first grade. I have done Special Education for 19 years and just  removed the certification from my license. It's not the kids, give me the kids, it was the paperwork.  That became the job.  Hopefully they will have lots of safety precautions in place for you. 

Thank you! Yes, it is scary. I think less scary for me, since I teach jr. high and high school, and those students can be more careful, but still. I know what you mean about the paperwork...it's too much for the regular teachers, let alone those in Special Education.  So many teachers burn out on that.  I just think we will all be quarantined after about 2 weeks, because our school is so small that if one kid tests positive, they will have had contact with most of the school. smh
Laura
 Image   Image  Image

aheatfan
Cherry Picker

Post by aheatfan » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:23 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:05 pm
aheatfan wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:15 am
Art_Teacher wrote:

Thank you! Yes, it is scary. I think less scary for me, since I teach jr. high and high school, and those students can be more careful, but still. I know what you mean about the paperwork...it's too much for the regular teachers, let alone those in Special Education.  So many teachers burn out on that.  I just think we will all be quarantined after about 2 weeks, because our school is so small that if one kid tests positive, they will have had contact with most of the school. smh 
So sorry, I think if we could all just do what needs to be done for a short time, we could get past this much faster. Stay safe. 

🌴Kristin  

pawprints
Cherry Crush
Layouts: 766

Post by pawprints » Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:52 pm

Art_Teacher wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:13 pm

Many ((hugs)) Laura. I know how hard it is going to be for you to leave her and how much she is going to miss you all day.

Image Image  Image Image

Return to “Scrapbooking Talk”